SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support

Showing 21-86 of 86 messages
SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/13/12 2:31 PM
Hi All

I have posted SECN 2.0 Alpha 3 firmware images for a range of devices including:
 - TP Link 703, 842 and 3020
 - Ubiquity AR71x devices bullet-m, rocket-m, pico-m
 - AR23x devices ubnt2, ubnt5, pico2 (The generic AR23 image can be used on MP-01 but there will be no ATA support)

This build is based on OpenWrt r33311 and uses the new stable batman-adv 2012.3.0 release which includes the bridge loop avoidance feature in lieu of STP.
Note that this version of batman-adv will not be compatible with SECN-1.x meshes.

The AR23 firmware uses Madwifi while the others use mac80211 wireless drivers.
The build includes support for 3G USB Modems on the TP-Link devices with USB ports.

I have done preliminary testing of the images on the TP-Link 703, 842 and 3020 and MP-01 devices.
I would be interested in any feedback on testing on the various Ubiquity devices.
Please note that this firmware is intended for testing purposes rather than production deployment at this point.

The images are available on the VT Downloads page:
    http://villagetelco.org/download/firmware/secn/unstable/secn-2/alpha-3/


To use the modem support, plug in the USB modem, wait for it to be detected then go to the SECN Advanced config page.

At the bottom of the page, you should see that the device has been detected and the name and Vendor/Product codes displayed.

To use the modem:
 - Check the Enable 3G USB Modem checkbox
 - Enter the Vendor/Product codes in the relevant fields
 - Enter the 3G service APN code
 - Enter the required 3G service dial string if not the default (*99#)
 - Set the required USB serial port for your device
 - Enter Username, Password and PIN if required (these may be left blank if not used your device/service)
 - Save the settings and reboot.

After the reboot, if all is well, the modem should be active and you will see the device's USB serial ports listed, as well as the Internet IP address if the device has successfully connected.

A mesh node with a USB modem installed will act as an Internet gateway for the mesh, and the mesh gateway settings for Server and Client on all mesh nodes should be set up as normal. If there is no other DHCP server on the mesh, the gateway node (or another node) may have its DHCP server enabled.


I have tested on several 3G USB Modems including Huawei E160, E220 and Sierra Wireless USB308 on both the major Australian 3G networks. I would be interested in any feedback on other devices and networks.

Regards
Terry

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Joe Bunefa 10/16/12 10:30 AM
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the infor and have you tested the Engenius  ETR 9350. I
have checked few of the major ICT companies in my country but they
arent selling the TP Links.

Thanks and your prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
joe
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "village-telco-dev" group.
> To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>



--
Joe Bunefa
Manager
jbu...@isilinkit.com

IsiLinkIT Limited
P.O. Box 3593, BOROKO
NCD, Papua New Guinea
Ph: +675 3419333 / 3419332
B/Mob: +675 76043412
Digi/Mob: +675 71573839
Citifon: +675 6539021
Fax: +675 325 1825
Skype ID:  bunefaj
Authorised Agent & Partner for NComputing Inc/ Pactel / TrueCafe /Isi
Herbal/IsiCom
...............................................................................................................
Papua New Guinea Desktop Virtualisation    - http://www.isilinkit.com
Papua New Guinea Online Shop                  - http://pngbilum.isilinkit.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/16/12 2:43 PM
Hi Joe

I have not used the Engenius devices at all. The OpenWrt hardware list shows two of their devices, but not the ETR 9350, which means that there is no OpenWrt build for it.

I am surprised that TP-Link devices are not available from suppliers in PNG as they are commonly available through SE Asia.

Can you get a supplier in Australia to send them to you perhaps?

Which devices in particular are you interested in using?

Regards
Terry
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Douglash 10/16/12 5:36 PM
A friend of mine just found these at a shop called TE in Port Moresby
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Joe Bunefa 10/16/12 5:46 PM
Hi Douglas,

Thanks for that, i was planning to visit TE PNG and you send this infor.

Cheers,
joe

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Douglas Heckaman <doug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A friend of mine just found these at a shop called TE in Port Moresby
>
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/16/12 6:57 PM
A note of caution - sadly, the TP-Link Outdoor WA5210G in the picture is not supported on OpenWrt.

However the MR3420 also pictured is supported on OpenWrt and we can make a SECN firmware for it if you wish.

For comparison, the MR3420 sells on the net locally for $42 (~K100)


On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Douglas Heckaman <doug...@gmail.com> wrote:
A friend of mine just found these at a shop called TE in Port Moresby

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Joe Bunefa 10/16/12 7:46 PM
Hi Terry,

Can you please make a SECN firmware for the  MR3420. Let me know as
soon as it is done so i can purchase either from TE PNG or off from
the net.

Cheers,
joe
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/19/12 11:21 AM
Hi,

I have a wr841N, is it possible to make a SECN firmware ?

--
Michel Daggelinckx
Village Telco
Scroll Keeper

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/19/12 1:12 PM

Should be ok. I will have a look at it later today.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/19/12 1:13 PM
Thanks man
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/20/12 6:37 AM
Hi Michel

I have posted some updated firmware for SECN-2.0-Alpha3.1 here:

http://villagetelco.org/download/firmware/secn/unstable/secn-2/alpha-3.1/build-2012-10-20-TP-SECN-2-Alpha-3.1/

The are images for WR841N/ND  V3, V5, V7 included. You will need to check your unit and select the correct firmware.

I assume that you already have OpenWrt of some form on the unit so the firmware images posted are the sysupgrade versions.

Please let me know which version hardware you have, how you go with the firmware on the WR841N.

Regards
Terry

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 6:13 AM, VT Scroll Keeper <vtscrol...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks man


Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/20/12 9:36 AM
I have wr-841 V5 running DD-WRT.
I used to have openwrt on it but there was a bug somewhere that refused to setup wep connection in client mode.
i guess u can just upgrade from ddwrt ?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Tayeb Meftah 10/20/12 7:45 AM
if it's not a sysupgrade image then use the web gui of DD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scroll Keeper" <vtscrol...@gmail.com>
To: <village-...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support


>I have wr-841 V5 running DD-WRT.
> I used to have openwrt on it but there was a bug somewhere that refused
> to setup wep connection in client mode.
> i guess u can just upgrade from ddwrt ?
>
>
> On 10/20/2012 03:37 PM, T Gillett wrote:
>> Hi Michel
>>
>> I have posted some updated firmware for SECN-2.0-Alpha3.1 here:
>>
>> http://villagetelco.org/download/firmware/secn/unstable/secn-2/alpha-3.1/build-2012-10-20-TP-SECN-2-Alpha-3.1/
>>
>> The are images for WR841N/ND  V3, V5, V7 included. You will need to
>> check your unit and select the correct firmware.
>>
>> I assume that you already have OpenWrt of some form on the unit so the
>> firmware images posted are the sysupgrade versions.
>>
>> Please let me know which version hardware you have, how you go with
>> the firmware on the WR841N.
>>
>> Regards
>> Terry
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 6:13 AM, VT Scroll Keeper
>> <vtscrol...@gmail.com <mailto:vtscrol...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Thanks man
>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "village-telco-dev" group.
> To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> signature database 7404 (20120821) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7404 (20120821) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/20/12 12:48 PM

You might need to read up on the OpenWrt site on just how to do the conversion from DD-Wrt to avoid bricking the router.

Just get any version of OpenWrt running then use sysupgrade to put the SECN firmware on.

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/20/12 1:46 PM
i try flashing with a from factory image trough the ddwrt webinterface,
but it keeps failing
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/20/12 2:52 PM
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
> To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
I managed to get openwrt on my router.

I think when installing the SECN firmware i also officially turned my
router into a �25 cup-holder :(

DHCP is not working on the router, maybe i need to set a static address.

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/20/12 4:27 PM
There was still some life in my trusty tp-link.
after some fiddling i managed to get the web-interface and DHCP working.

now i get:

BATMAN mesh bat0 disabled - please specify interfaces to enable it

but i cant find a place in the web-interface where i can do this.

i also can't "see" the AP from my laptop.





Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/20/12 5:05 PM
I created a page on the wiki to document any bugs and suggestions for
this beta release.

Once the release is final the page will serve as documentation for the
final release.

http://wiki.villagetelco.org/index.php?title=SECN_2.0

Michel
VT Scroll Keeper

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/20/12 6:28 PM

Hi Michel
I don't quite understand what the situation is with your router.
Can you clarify which firmware you now have installed please?
Terry

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/20/12 7:11 PM

Michel
When you install the SECN firmware it is important to use the -n flag as follows:

  sysupgrade -n -v filename.bin

This is to ensure that the unit comes up with the correct configuration from the firmware and not use prior config parameters.

Once the sysupgrade process has completed loading the firmware and reboots the router, it will take around five minutes before the device is fully functional.

In particular the mesh firmware and bat0 is not activated until the very end of the startup process.

After the startup process has completed, just point your browser to :
     10.130.1.20
and you should see the web UI.

You should also be able to connect with telnet.

Terry

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/20/12 11:15 PM
I got it working.
I followed your instructions for the sysupgrade, before i used the
openwrt web interface.
I know, i should really read up on stuff before clicking the button.
router came up fine, dhcp enabled.
I still had problems getting the batman up.
I finaly managed to get it working by:

a) switch wifi from N+G to G only (weird, its really an N class router)

AND

b) disconnecting the cable from the lan port while the unit was rebooting.


Now everything seems to be working fine as far as i can see.
I'll try to get a second TP-LINK to do some more testing and try to
really understand batman.
Can other testers please report in the wiki the hardware used so i can
get a model thats not been tested yet.


Thanks for building these firmwares.

Michel
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 12:42 AM
I just remember there was a weird BSSID on the advanced page which i
changed to the mac address of the eth lan.

maybe that's what caused the bat0 and the wlan to get disabled.

Michel
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 2:52 AM
Hi Michel
Could you post the /etc/config/wireless and network files from your router please?
Thanks
Terry
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 2:56 AM
Also the output of the following commands please:

    brctl show
    batctl bl
    batctl if
    ifconfig
    iwconfig

Thanks
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 12:15 PM
/etc/config/network


config interface 'loopback'
    option ifname 'lo'
    option proto 'static'
    option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
    option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config interface 'lan'
    option type 'bridge'
    option ifname 'eth0 '
    option proto 'static'
    option ipaddr '10.130.1.20'
    option netmask '255.255.255.0'
    option gateway '10.130.1.1'
    option broadcast '10.130.1.255'
    option dns '8.8.8.8'

config interface
    option ifname 'bat0'

config interface 'mesh_0'
    option proto 'static'
    option netmask '255.255.255.0'
    option broadcast '10.10.1.255'
    option mtu '1528'
    option ipaddr '10.10.1.25'

config interface 'wan'
    option ifname 'ppp0'
    option proto '3g'
    option service 'umts'
    option apn 'my_apn'
    option device '/dev/ttyUSB99'

/etc/config/wireless


config wifi-device 'radio0'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option phy 'phy0'
    option htmode 'HT20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
    list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
    list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
    option disabled '0'
    option regdomain '0x35'
    option channel '4'
    option txpower '11'
    option hwmode '11ng'
    option country '276'

config wifi-iface 'ah_0'
    option device 'radio0'
    option network 'mesh_0'
    option encryption 'none'
    option mode 'adhoc'
    option disabled '0'
    option bssid '00:27:19:FC:BD:1F'
    option ssid 'secn-mesh'

config wifi-iface 'ap_0'
    option device 'radio0'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option maxassoc '20'
    option key 'potato-potato'
    option hidden '0'
    option disabled '0'
    option encryption 'psk'
    option ssid 'SECN-AP'





On 10/21/2012 11:56 AM, T Gillett wrote:
Also the output of the following commands please:

    brctl show
bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
br-lan        8000.002719fcbd1f    no        eth0 bat0
    batctl bl
enabled
    batctl if
wlan0-1: inactive
    ifconfig
bat0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 2E:70:D7:34:8B:F0 
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:447 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

br-lan    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:27:19:FC:BD:1F 
          inet addr:10.130.1.20  Bcast:10.130.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:335 errors:0 dropped:4 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:627 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:31547 (30.8 KiB)  TX bytes:46340 (45.2 KiB)

br-lan:9  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:27:19:FC:BD:1F 
          inet addr:172.31.255.254  Bcast:172.31.255.255  Mask:255.255.255.252
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:27:19:FC:BD:1F 
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:335 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:561 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:36237 (35.3 KiB)  TX bytes:43568 (42.5 KiB)
          Interrupt:5

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback 
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:299 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:299 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:24532 (23.9 KiB)  TX bytes:24532 (23.9 KiB)

    iwconfig
wlan0-1   IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any 
          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Cell: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm  
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:on
         
wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any 
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm  
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:on
         

Thanks


On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM, T Gillett <tgil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Michel
Could you post the /etc/config/wireless and network files from your router please?
Thanks
Terry

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 


-- 
Michel Daggelinckx
Village Telco
Scroll Keeper
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 4:15 PM

Hi Michel
There is something wrong with the radio side of things.
Neither AP no adhoc interface is working in these ifconfig and iwconfig outputs.

If this is still a problem, try renaming the wireless config file to .bak and restarting. A new file will be created with just an AP defined, but radio will be disabled.

Please send me the new file so we can see what is going on.

Terry

On Oct 22, 2012 5:15 AM, "Scroll Keeper" <vtscrol...@gmail.com> wrote:
/etc/config/network


config interface 'loopback'
    option ifname 'lo'
    option proto 'static'
    option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
    option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config interface 'lan'
    option type 'bridge'
    option ifname 'eth0 '
    option proto 'static'
    option ipaddr '10.130.1.20'
    option netmask '255.255.255.0'
    option gateway '10.130.1.1'
    option broadcast '10.130.1.255'
    option dns '8.8.8.8'

config interface
    option ifname 'bat0'

config interface 'mesh_0'
    option proto 'static'
    option netmask '255.255.255.0'
    option broadcast '10.10.1.255'
    option mtu '1528'
    option ipaddr '10.10.1.25'

config interface 'wan'
    option ifname 'ppp0'
    option proto '3g'
    option service 'umts'
    option apn 'my_apn'
    option device '/dev/ttyUSB99'

/etc/config/wireless


config wifi-device 'radio0'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option phy 'phy0'
    option htmode 'HT20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
    list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
    list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
    option disabled '0'
    option regdomain '0x35'
    option channel '4'
    option txpower '11'
    option hwmode '11ng'
    option country '276'

config wifi-iface 'ah_0'
    option device 'radio0'
    option network 'mesh_0'
    option encryption 'none'
    option mode 'adhoc'
    option disabled '0'
    option bssid '00:27:19:FC:BD:1F'
    option ssid 'secn-mesh'

config wifi-iface 'ap_0'
    option device 'radio0'
    option network 'lan'
    option mode 'ap'
    option maxassoc '20'
    option key 'potato-potato'
    option hidden '0'
    option disabled '0'
    option encryption 'psk'
    option ssid 'SECN-AP'




On 10/21/2012 11:56 AM, T Gillett wrote:
Also the output of the following commands please:

    brctl show
bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
br-lan        8000.002719fcbd1f    no        eth0 bat0
    batctl bl
enabled
    batctl if
wlan0-1: inactive
    ifconfig
bat0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 2E:70:D7:34:8B:F0 
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:447 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

br-lan    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:27:19:FC:BD:1F 
          inet addr:10.130.1.20  Bcast:10.130.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:335 errors:0 dropped:4 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:627 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:31547 (30.8 KiB)  TX bytes:46340 (45.2 KiB)

br-lan:9  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:27:19:FC:BD:1F 
          inet addr:172.31.255.254  Bcast:172.31.255.255  Mask:255.255.255.252
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:27:19:FC:BD:1F 
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:335 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:561 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:36237 (35.3 KiB)  TX bytes:43568 (42.5 KiB)
          Interrupt:5

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback 
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:299 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:299 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:24532 (23.9 KiB)  TX bytes:24532 (23.9 KiB)

    iwconfig
wlan0-1   IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any 
          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Cell: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm  
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:on
         
wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any 
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm  
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:on
         

Thanks


On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM, T Gillett <tgil...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Michel
Could you post the /etc/config/wireless and network files from your router please?
Thanks
Terry

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 


-- 
Michel Daggelinckx
Village Telco
Scroll Keeper

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 4:40 PM
It was working.

I removed the file and rebooted.
for some odd reason the changes in the interface where not saved.

i restored the bakup and rebooted and now it works again
The autogenerated file has only 50% of size compared with the working
config.

file is atached

On 10/22/2012 01:15 AM, T Gillett wrote:
>
> Hi Michel
> There is something wrong with the radio side of things.
> Neither AP no adhoc interface is working in these ifconfig and
> iwconfig outputs.
>
> If this is still a problem, try renaming the wireless config file to
> .bak and restarting. A new file will be created with just an AP
> defined, but radio will be disabled.
>
> Please send me the new file so we can see what is going on.
>
> Terry
>
>

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 7:44 PM

That file looks good.
The auto generated file use the device specific MAC address, whereas we use the generic phy0.

If you have AP and mesh working, can you get the ifconfig and iwconfig files again please?

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 7:50 PM
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
> To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
with that file the ap doesn't work and i can't setup anything trough the
web interface.
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 8:06 PM

That is correct. It is the default OpenWrt config.

Does the router work with the VT file ?
Can you see the AP and will it mesh with another SECN-2 device?

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 8:10 PM
With the generated file i can see NO AP.
which is expected behavior with option disabled = 0

the weird part is that no mater what i try to change trough the web interface, it will not go to the file and will not be set after reboot.
it doesn't even show up in the interface when saveing.
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 8:28 PM

That is correct.
The web interface will only operate correctly on the VT file due to the naming of the sections in the file that define the AP and adhoc interfaces.

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 8:32 PM
Ok, so i restored the backupfile and edited it to have the parts of the openwrt default config that where missing. now all works fine.

I atach the file for reference.
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 8:37 PM

Try restoring the VT file and reboot and see if the AP and adhoc interfaces come up correctly.

It might also be worthwhile just reflashing and let it come up cleanly. If you do this, make sure to wait several minutes to let it fully start up, then do ifconfig and iwconfig.

If you don't change any settings you should see the interfaces.

You will also see the AP from a WiFi laptop, but it won't connect unless you attach it to a lan with a dhcp server running, or activate the dhcp server on the adv config page. You need to reboot for the changes to be effective.

Do you have any other SECN-2 devices for it to mesh with?

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 8:38 PM

Thanks
I will have a look and see if we can work out  what is happening.

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 8:42 PM
It works fine with the restored file.

at this moment i don't have other SECN-2 devices.
Once i have them i'll do some more testing.
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 9:20 PM
Hi Michel

The only two obvious differences between the files are:

option phy 'phy0'        vs    option macaddr '00:27:19:fc:bd:20'
and
option hwmode  11g   vs    option hwmode  11ng

Would you be able to test with each of these changed in turn to see which one is causing the problem please?

Thanks
Terry



config wifi-device 'radio0'
    option type 'mac80211'
    option phy 'phy0'                            ###

    option htmode 'HT20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'  
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
    list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
    list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
    option disabled '0'
    option regdomain '0x35'
    option channel '4'
    option txpower '11'
    option hwmode '11ng'            #####
    option country '276'

---------------------------------------

config wifi-device 'radio0'
    option type 'mac80211'            ####
    option macaddr '00:27:19:fc:bd:20'
    option htmode 'HT20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-20'
    list ht_capab 'SHORT-GI-40'
    list ht_capab 'RX-STBC1'
    list ht_capab 'DSSS_CCK-40'
    option disabled '0'
    option regdomain '0x35'
    option channel '4'
    option txpower '11'
    option hwmode '11g'                    #####
    option country '276'
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Michel Daggelinckx 10/21/12 9:28 PM
option hwmode 11ng breaks batman
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 


-- 
Michel Daggelinckx
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 9:50 PM
Hi Michel

Thanks for testing. I think it disables the radio completely.
Obviously this is a mode not supported by the 841 device for some reason.

Could you try setting it from the web UI and check that it correctly operates when set to 11g, and fails when set to 11ng please?

Thanks
Terry
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 9:53 PM
In the web interface
11g works
11ng doesn't work




On 10/22/2012 06:50 AM, T Gillett wrote:
Hi Michel

Thanks for testing. I think it disables the radio completely.
Obviously this is a mode not supported by the 841 device for some reason.

Could you try setting it from the web UI and check that it correctly operates when set to 11g, and fails when set to 11ng please?

Thanks
Terry

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Michel Daggelinckx <daggelin...@gmail.com> wrote:
option hwmode 11ng breaks batman




-- 
Michel Daggelinckx
Village Telco
Scroll Keeper
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/21/12 10:10 PM
OK So clearly that is the issue.

Just to be sure, could you edit the file by hand, and delete the line completely, then re-enter it by hand, just to make sure there is no silly character in there messing it up.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/21/12 11:55 PM
there is something weird
after editing by hand the interface removes the settings from the mesh and it has to be re-setup.
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/22/12 12:52 AM

Michel
Ahh yes there is a little magic going on in the background.
Disable the script
  /etc/init.d/config_secn
by renaming it.

Then edit the config file by hand and reboot. Avoid using the web UI, just use the command line to see what is going on in the test.

What we want to check is whether 11ng is a valid option for that device, by taking all the web UI stuff out of the equation.

Thanks
Terry.

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Gui Iribarren 10/21/12 9:52 PM
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Michel Daggelinckx
<daggelin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> option hwmode 11ng breaks batman

That's strange.
I have a wr842nd (similar but with usb port)
running just fine with vanilla openwrt r33362 , batman-adv and this:

config 'wifi-device' 'radio0'
        option 'type' 'mac80211'
        option 'hwmode' '11ng'
        option 'htmode' 'HT20'
        option 'ht_capab' 'SHORT-GI-40'
        option 'channel' '11'
        option 'phy' 'phy0'
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/22/12 3:31 AM
I also have a WR842ND that works just fine with hwmode 11ng.

It may be something odd about the WR841N Ver5 device, or the OpenWrt build for it may have a bug, or we might have a subtle error in the SECN code as it writes the value into the config file.

Ver 5 of the 841 uses a different wireless chip (  AR9280  vs AR9287 ) so there may be a difference in the build.
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/22/12 6:28 AM
11ng doesn't work.
On the bright side: with the script renamed the data from the mesh
config stays in the UI.
I remember that i had to use the backup of an openwrt 10.3 configuration
to get 10.3.1 going in wifi client mode on this hardware in n-g mode.
I never tested it with g mode only cos the backup "worked for me".
So it might indeed be a bug in the openwrt for my device.




On 10/22/2012 09:51 AM, T Gillett wrote:
>
> Michel
> Ahh yes there is a little magic going on in the background.
> Disable the script
>   /etc/init.d/config_secn
> by renaming it.
>
> Then edit the config file by hand and reboot. Avoid using the web UI,
> just use the command line to see what is going on in the test.
>
> What we want to check is whether 11ng is a valid option for that
> device, by taking all the web UI stuff out of the equation.
>
> Thanks
> Terry.
>
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/22/12 1:29 PM

Hi Michel
Thanks for all the testing. That seems to be conclusive.
About all we can do immediately is to make the SECN firmware default to 11g for this device, or even remove the 11ng option.

It might be worth doing a search or floating a question on the OpenWrt forum as I am sure someone else will have hit this problem.

Regards
Terry

Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Tayeb Meftah 10/22/12 11:38 AM
Terry,
if you're using adhoc, 11NG won work
you should stick to 11G only
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "village-telco-dev" group.
> To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
> signature database 7404 (20120821) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7404 (20120821) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 10/22/12 3:17 PM
Hi Tayeb
That's an interesting point.
We have had 11ng enabled on other TP devices and it works OK (at least I thought so).
Is there a reference I can look at about that please?

It may be prudent for us to set the default to 11g or all devices.
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 10/22/12 9:15 PM
https://colectivo.altermundi.net/projects/batmesh

an openwrt package to set defaults for batman-adv on openwrt.

maybe it's usefull for SECN ?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "village-telco-dev" group.
To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 


-- 
Michel Daggelinckx
Village Telco
Scroll Keeper
Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Tayeb Meftah 10/23/12 2:27 AM
Terry,
i'm not sure about 1NG, but better everyone join IRC freenode.net irc server
and join #OpenWrt and talk there, check with someone called NBD.
thank
----- Original Message -----
From: "T Gillett" <tgil...@gmail.com>
To: <village-...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:17 AM
Subject: Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support


> Hi Tayeb
> That's an interesting point.
> We have had 11ng enabled on other TP devices and it works OK (at least I
> thought so).
> Is there a reference I can look at about that please?
>
> It may be prudent for us to set the default to 11g or all devices.
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Meftah Tayeb
> <tayeb....@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Terry,
>> if you're using adhoc, 11NG won work
>> you should stick to 11G only
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "T Gillett" <tgil...@gmail.com>
>> To:
>> <village-telco-dev@**googlegroups.com<village-...@googlegroups.com>
>> >
>> Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 11:29 PM
>> Subject: Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "village-telco-dev" group.
> To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>
>
>
Ad-hoc mode and 802.11n with ath9k driver Elektra 10/23/12 4:33 AM
Hi all -

ad-hoc mode is supported in 802.11n since at least a year with the ath9k driver. It might be broken in a specific version of Openwrt trunk, though.

Cheers,
Elektra


Re: [vt-dev] SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Elektra 10/23/12 4:36 AM
Hello -

> https://colectivo.altermundi.net/projects/batmesh
>
> an openwrt package to set defaults for batman-adv on openwrt.
>
> maybe it's usefull for SECN ?

thanks for sharing the link!

Cheers,
Elektra
Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Salvatore Crapanzano 11/7/12 6:40 AM
Hi,

my name is Salvatore Crapanzano. I have a tp-mr3420, can you send me a compiled firmware for this access point? THX

Il giorno sabato 13 ottobre 2012 23:31:09 UTC+2, tlg ha scritto:
Hi All

I have posted SECN 2.0 Alpha 3 firmware images for a range of devices including:
 - TP Link 703, 842 and 3020
 - Ubiquity AR71x devices bullet-m, rocket-m, pico-m
 - AR23x devices ubnt2, ubnt5, pico2 (The generic AR23 image can be used on MP-01 but there will be no ATA support)

This build is based on OpenWrt r33311 and uses the new stable batman-adv 2012.3.0 release which includes the bridge loop avoidance feature in lieu of STP.
Note that this version of batman-adv will not be compatible with SECN-1.x meshes.

The AR23 firmware uses Madwifi while the others use mac80211 wireless drivers.
The build includes support for 3G USB Modems on the TP-Link devices with USB ports.

I have done preliminary testing of the images on the TP-Link 703, 842 and 3020 and MP-01 devices.
I would be interested in any feedback on testing on the various Ubiquity devices.
Please note that this firmware is intended for testing purposes rather than production deployment at this point.

The images are available on the VT Downloads page:
    http://villagetelco.org/download/firmware/secn/unstable/secn-2/alpha-3/


To use the modem support, plug in the USB modem, wait for it to be detected then go to the SECN Advanced config page.

At the bottom of the page, you should see that the device has been detected and the name and Vendor/Product codes displayed.

To use the modem:
 - Check the Enable 3G USB Modem checkbox
 - Enter the Vendor/Product codes in the relevant fields
 - Enter the 3G service APN code
 - Enter the required 3G service dial string if not the default (*99#)
 - Set the required USB serial port for your device
 - Enter Username, Password and PIN if required (these may be left blank if not used your device/service)
 - Save the settings and reboot.

After the reboot, if all is well, the modem should be active and you will see the device's USB serial ports listed, as well as the Internet IP address if the device has successfully connected.

A mesh node with a USB modem installed will act as an Internet gateway for the mesh, and the mesh gateway settings for Server and Client on all mesh nodes should be set up as normal. If there is no other DHCP server on the mesh, the gateway node (or another node) may have its DHCP server enabled.


I have tested on several 3G USB Modems including Huawei E160, E220 and Sierra Wireless USB308 on both the major Australian 3G networks. I would be interested in any feedback on other devices and networks.

Regards
Terry

Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 11/7/12 2:24 PM

Hi Salvatore

Happy to do that for you, however I am travelling at present so I won't be able to do it till I get home next week.

Are you already running OpenWrt on the MR3420, or still the TP Link original firmware?

Regards
Terry

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Village Telco Development Community" group.

To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/village-telco-dev/-/STy-I6WSPIAJ.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Gui Iribarren 11/9/12 5:47 AM
Hey there Terry, have you thought about compiling and publishing all
firmwares for a given architecture? That might save you some work, and
enable curious people to test it in more devices easily

i'm not sure how are you dealing with your build environment, but from
the .configs  published, i guess you're doing a "make" on the openwrt
src build dir.

in that case, in menuconfig, instead of setting
CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic_TLMR3020=y

    using
CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic_Default=y

makes all binaries for tplinks, etc (ar71xx based)
including both -factory and -sysupgrade

Hope that helps,

Cheers!

Gui
Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 11/9/12 3:23 PM

Hi Gui
Thanks for the suggestion. You are correct that we use the standard OpenWrt build environment with additional files for the VT configuration.

We have been a bit careful to essentially publish firmware that we have been able to test ourselves on hardware that we have access to.

This is for a few reasons. Building for additional devices takes more time, and publishing the images consumes quite a bit of online storage which we have to pay for.

Also there is a always a level of risk in flashing devices, particularly for the first time from factory image. I am cautious about publishing untested images.

On the other hand, I have written a wiki page that shows how to set up a build environment for the TP

Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support scroll keeper 11/9/12 3:47 PM
maybe you can use a free online storage like sourceforge or github or ......

Michel



Op 10-11-12 00:23, T Gillett schreef:
Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Salvatore Crapanzano 11/10/12 3:09 AM
I am use openwrt. but also original tp-link firmware. My question is install asterisk on mr3420.

Thx
Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 11/10/12 4:58 AM
Hi Salvatore

The MR3420 has only 4Mb of flash memory, so to use Asterisk you will have to set up the SECN Extended image on a USB thumb drive.

Can you explain how you want to use the router so we can be sure you get the right firmware?

Regards
Terry


To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/village-telco-dev/-/LiHbh43ESxgJ.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 11/18/12 2:19 PM
Hi Salvatore

I have posted some updated SECN-2 Alpha firmware for various TP Link devices on to the Village Telco Download page, including firmware for the WR3420 device.

The URL is as follows:
http://villagetelco.org/download/firmware/secn/unstable/SECN-2/TP-Alpha3.2/

If you want to use Asterisk with it, you will need to make a USB with the firmware located here:
http://villagetelco.org/download/firmware/secn/stable/tp-link/SECN-1.1/

You need to download the file: SECN-extended-GA01.tgz 
And the instructions are in the text file:  VERSIONS-TP.txt and I have reproduced the key part below.

The SECN User Guide is located here:
http://villagetelco.org/download/user-docs/secn/secn-1.1/

Please let us know how you go with your device.

Regards
Terry

SECN-extended-GA01.tgz

Extended filesystem for WR703n, MR3020, and MR11U that includes asterisk 1.8.  
To install, you'll need to format a USB flash drive as ext3 (e.g. mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1),
label the drive "SECN-extended" so that it gets automounted under
 /user (e.g. e2label /dev/sda1 SECN-extended), and then extract the contents of SECN-extended-RC3.tgz to the root of this drive. PLEASE be sure that you run mkfs only on your intended USB drive. A good way to check is to run "cat /proc/partitions" and verify the drive's device node.



On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 9:09 PM, Salvatore Crapanzano <salvatore....@gmail.com> wrote:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/village-telco-dev/-/LiHbh43ESxgJ.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Giang 2/17/13 12:01 PM
Were you able to install the SECN 2.0 firmware on the TP-Link MR3420?

Anyone also able to install it on the TP-Link MR3220 also? Thanks.
Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 2/18/13 5:29 PM
Hi Giang

I have just posted SECN 2.0 Beta1 firmware for the MR3420 to the VT website Downloads page at:

http://download.villagetelco.org/firmware/secn/unstable/tp-link/SECN-2/SECN-2.0Beta1/

Regards
Terry



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Village Telco Development Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to village-telco-...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to village-...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/village-telco-dev/-/OESiwProiwsJ.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Carlos Rey-Moreno 2/19/13 1:52 AM
Hi Terry,

We bough a MR3420 device, but I haven't dared to open it and flash it
since the version we have (v2.1)  does appear as supported in
wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3420 and v.2.0 appear as
unsupported,

what version are you using?

Thanks,

Carlos
--
Note that I am using a new email account carlos.r...@gmail.com,
and that the former email address cr...@ehas.org will be disappearing
soon. Thanks for changing this in your contact list.

Carlos Rey-Moreno
Research Assistant
Office 1.28
Department of Computer Science
University of the Western Cape
Private Bag X17 - Bellville, 7535
Cape Town - South Africa

Tel: +27 (0) 21 959 2562
Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633

Skype: carlos.reymoreno
Twitter: Creym
Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support tlg 2/19/13 4:08 AM
Hi Carlos

I don't have a MR3420 device of either version to test with.

The SECN 2.0 Beta builds are based on AA 12.09 rc1  (a.k.a. aarc1)

The only version of the MR3420 device that appears in the menuconfig utility for this rev is V1, and that is what I have built and posted.

I see from the Openwrt Table of Hardware page that there has been some recent work to produce a patch to support V2.

Hopefully this patch will be incorporated in the next AA release candidate and we will pick it up for SECN builds then.

Ref:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-ap121

Model Version FCC ID OpenWrt Version Supported Model Specific Notes
MR3220 v2 Aug-2012 aarc1+patch Success
MR3420 v2 Aug-2012 aarc1+patch Success

If you are keen to get it going sooner, you could replicate the SECN build environment ad apply the patch.

regards
Terry

-----------------------
Re: [vt-dev] Re: SECN-2.0 Alpha3 firmware with 3G USB Modem support Carlos Rey-Moreno 2/22/13 8:27 AM
Thank you very much Terry! I'll keep reading your updates in this topic to flash our TP-link.

carlos
More topics »