build a module that receives a Json message

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
build a module that receives a Json message masque130154 7/30/12 6:42 AM
I want to develop one module that receives  Json like input and displays a message.

this is , the source code of the module

and  this is the code source of the sender for testing:

I do not understand why the message "I received the json message" is not displayed.

Can you help me?
Re: build a module that receives a Json message Tim Fox 7/30/12 10:41 AM
Deploying of modules is asynchronous, so you are probably sending the message before your receiver module has started.

You can specify a callback to be called when the module is started, see the documentation for more information.
Re: build a module that receives a Json message masque130154 7/31/12 7:13 AM
I understand what do you mean but I didn't  find the part in the documentation that talks about that, can you help me? "Java"
Re: build a module that receives a Json message T.J. Crowder 7/31/12 7:50 AM

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:13:34 PM UTC+1, masque130154 wrote:
I understand what do you mean but I didn't  find the part in the documentation that talks about that, can you help me? "Java"

Your pastes seem to be gone (pastebin says the IDs are unknown), so I couldn't look at your code to see what you were doing, but this should be the relevant API call:

Note the `doneHandler`. If you're using one of the other methods (deployVerticle, deployWorkerVerticle), there are variants of those with a `doneHandler` as well.

Best,
--
T.J. Crowder
Independent Software Engineer

Re: build a module that receives a Json message Tim Fox 7/31/12 7:57 AM
Re: build a module that receives a Json message masque130154 7/31/12 8:42 AM
Re: [vertx:2708] Re: build a module that receives a Json message Tim Fox 7/31/12 8:46 AM
Why are you posting your code again?

If you can't work out what you need to do given all the documentation
that we have supplied, I'm not sure I can help you any further.

On 31/07/12 16:42, masque130154 wrote:
> http://pastebin.com/RF80sq4Y
> http://pastebin.com/UXPYVz4D
>
> Le mardi 31 juillet 2012 16:57:03 UTC+2, Tim Fox a �crit :
>
>     Ok, I'll be your secretary. Just this once though ;)
>
>     http://vertx.io/core_manual_java.html#getting-notified-when-deployment-is-complete
>     <http://vertx.io/core_manual_java.html#getting-notified-when-deployment-is-complete>
>
>     http://vertx.io/api/java/api/org/vertx/java/deploy/Container.html#deployModule(java.lang.String,
>     org.vertx.java.core.json.JsonObject, int,
>     org.vertx.java.core.Handler)
>     <http://vertx.io/api/java/api/org/vertx/java/deploy/Container.html#deployModule%28java.lang.String,+org.vertx.java.core.json.JsonObject,+int,+org.vertx.java.core.Handler%29>
>

>     On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:13:34 PM UTC+1, masque130154 wrote:
>
>         I understand what do you mean but I didn't  find the part in
>         the documentation that talks about that, can you help me? "Java"
>
>         Le lundi 30 juillet 2012 19:41:23 UTC+2, Tim Fox a �crit :
>
>             Deploying of modules is asynchronous, so you are probably
>             sending the message before your receiver module has started.
>
>             You can specify a callback to be called when the module is
>             started, see the documentation for more information.
>
>             On Monday, July 30, 2012 2:42:35 PM UTC+1, masque130154
>             wrote:
>
>                 I want to develop one module that receives  Json like
>                 input and displays a message.
>
>                 this is , the source code of the module
>
>                 http://pastebin.com/9jji1fiE
>
>                 and  this is the code source of the sender for testing:
>
>                 http://pastebin.com/AeMswMuN
>
>                 I do not understand why the message "I received the
>                 json message" is not displayed.
>
>                 Can you help me?

Tim Fox

Vert.x - effortless polyglot asynchronous application development
http://vertx.io
twitter:@timfox