No internet connection on client machine

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
No internet connection on client machine Florian Klemt 10/26/12 4:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Vagrant and I'm trying to run a vagrant box that is provisioned with puppet (I'm following the step by step guide from the website).
It's all working fine except that puppet can not install apache because my client machine has no connection to the internet.
How can I fix that??

Thanks
Re: No internet connection on client machine Irmantas Šiupšinskas 10/26/12 10:34 AM
I have this issue too. My host is Ubuntu Gnome Remix 12.10 what is yours?
Re: No internet connection on client machine Florian Klemt 10/27/12 3:05 AM
Ubuntu 12.10 (normal Unity Desktop).

Hmm, same Host System. Could be a coincidence. Lets see if others have the same issue.
Re: No internet connection on client machine Irmantas Šiupšinskas 10/27/12 6:15 AM
Hi, I solved this problem. I uninstalled vagrant and virtualbox and downloaded *.deb files from official websites and installed first vagrant and then virtualbox. Now everything works.

On Friday, 26 October 2012 14:01:19 UTC+3, Florian Klemt wrote:
Re: No internet connection on client machine Florian Klemt 10/29/12 2:32 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your workaround but I can't install the downloaded version of virtualbox. When I double click the .deb file, it starts installing but stops 10 seconds later without saying what happened. Its the 32bit version for Ubuntu 12.10.

Am Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012 15:15:54 UTC+2 schrieb Irmantas Šiupšinskas:
Re: No internet connection on client machine Irmantas Šiupšinskas 10/29/12 7:34 AM
You should remove vagrant and virtualbox completely I done this with this command:

sudo apt-get remove vagrant virtualbox* && sudo apt-get autoremove && sudo apt-get autoclean
Re: No internet connection on client machine Florian Klemt 10/31/12 7:54 AM
Sweet, it works now!

Thanks

Am Montag, 29. Oktober 2012 15:34:09 UTC+1 schrieb Irmantas Šiupšinskas:
Re: No internet connection on client machine dana tassler 11/15/12 8:25 AM
Thanks much, Irmantas!

I was working through a textbook this morning (Deploying Rails) and was completely stumped when I found I had no connectivity.

Did exactly as you said and everything worked perfectly. Will bookmark this thread and possibly even email the publishers in case someone else runs into this.

- Dana