July Meeting

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
July Meeting Aaron A 7/2/12 9:40 AM
Hey guys,

I'm still working on the place.. I know I know. The meeting lands on the 4th and I'll be out of town myself. I figure most will be as well.
As for static future locations, we might be able to get into a room at Salt Lake City Community College off Redwood Rd.
I'm still waiting to hear back on this though.

So we won't be holding a meeting this month as I want to make sure we get a good location.

If people are down maybe we could get together on the 11th at a place with food in the Salt Lake area and
just chat over some Scala and USEScala ideas anyone might have. I'd like to try and get some people and give them a
chance to give a presentation. If we want we can try the lightning talks in order to make things short and quick so not a LOT of time would have to be spent in the creation of a talk. I'd really like to see some of the newer faces give a presentation. No better way to learn something then preparing to teach it. ;)

Let me know what you guys think.
Either way I'm totally down for food on July 11th at around 7PMish and we can decide the exacts.

-Aaron Allred
Re: July Meeting Jason Wheeler 7/3/12 9:12 AM
I'd be up for doing something on the 11th.
Re: July Meeting Helena Edelson 7/3/12 9:26 AM
Maybe a Scala happy hour out on our deck if there is interest, if Summit Park isn't too far for people – 10 minutes up Parley's Cyn, come up and get away from the valley heat.
Talk about the scala projects we're working on and what we're using, etc, exchange ideas. BYO

Helena Edelson
Architect @ 5 Five
http://five-inc.us under construction!
twitter: @5_inc  @helenaedelson
Akka |Scala | AMQP RabbitMQ |Big Data | Cloud

From: Aaron A <dig...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: <uses...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: July Meeting
Re: July Meeting Jason Wheeler 7/3/12 10:00 AM
I wouldn't want to drive up Parley's every time, but I'd definitely be up for doing it once.

I use a Scala library called ClassUtil (http://software.clapper.org/classutil/) which let's you do things like get a list of all classes on your classpath, or all interfaces, or find all classes that implement an interface. I could do a lightning talk on it if anyone is interested in getting a quick overview with it.  It's actually pretty simple so it wouldn't be a long presentation at all.
Re: July Meeting Erik 7/3/12 10:52 PM
Good plan on the flash talks and mixing it up. And thanks for the offer Helena!
Re: July Meeting Kevin Edwards 7/9/12 8:46 AM

Regarding a permanent location, did you get my email about a month ago?  I've contacted Telarus in Sandy.  We can use their place.  Very nice office.

45 W Sego Lily Dr (10000 South), Suite 220
Sandy, UT 84070
Re: July Meeting Tiffany Chambers 7/10/12 10:31 AM
We are also currently working with the Salt Lake Community College for a permanent location. I need to get with Aaron on dates for the meetings.
Re: July Meeting Jeff Shutt 7/11/12 9:17 AM
So whats the plan tonight?

On Monday, July 2, 2012 10:40:53 AM UTC-6, Aaron A wrote:
Re: July Meeting Aaron A 7/11/12 10:56 AM
I'm not going to be able to go. Having some things with work I have to
get done before the weekend. :(

I apologize for the late notice. This just came up.

Re: July Meeting Jason Wheeler 7/11/12 1:00 PM
So does that mean we aren't going to have it tonight?