application is unverified

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
application is unverified jerry hamby 10/2/12 1:38 PM

I'm getting a message from an app that I'm building that says:

"The server that the application is connecting to is unverified"

Server: api.usergrid.com

Issued by:

Thawth.Inc.

Issued on:

2012-09-26

Expires on:

2014-09-27

Jerry

Re: [usergrid] application is unverified Tim Anglade 10/2/12 1:43 PM
Thanks for reporting this Jerry. I’m seeing this + redirect errors, all seem linked to our new SSL certificate. We’re investigating and update this thread as we know more.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Usergrid group. To post to this group, send email to user...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to usergrid+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/usergrid?hl=en

Learn more about Apigee Usergrid at http://apigee.com/about/products/usergrid

Fork Usergrid on GitHub: https://github.com/usergrid/stack

Re: [usergrid] application is unverified Tim Anglade 10/2/12 3:45 PM
Hi there, we resolved the issue at around 2:30pm Pacific today.

When we deployed our new SSL certificate for App Services, our ops team forgot to include the intermediate certificate for our new CA (Thawthe). Many browsers and systems have this intermediary certificate preinstalled by default, including the testing systems we use to verify the deployment. We deployed the intermediary certificate in production around 2:30PM, which resolved the issue for all systems (including those who do not have the Thawthe intermediary certificate preinstalled). Our apologies for the disturbance.

Cheers,
Tim
Re: [usergrid] application is unverified jerry hamby 12/6/12 2:58 PM
I'm still having problems connecting to api.usergrid.com at various wifi locations around town.
I get the trust this server page from the phone, but after pressing the trust button, none of my calls to Usergrid work.
My local library wifi uses GeoTrust, which is one of the ones that doesn't work.

Jerry
Re: [usergrid] application is unverified Rod Simpson 12/6/12 4:33 PM
Jerry,

Can you provide a bit more information for us?  So you log onto a wifi hotspot, and then what are you trying to do?  Are you able to use the Admin Portal?  What about curl commands?

Thanks,

Rod

Rod Simpson
apigee
skype: rockerston
twitter: rockerston
m: 303.859.7323

From: jerry hamby <jerry...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:58 PM
To: <user...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [usergrid] application is unverified
Re: [usergrid] application is unverified jerry hamby 12/6/12 5:30 PM

I have a app on my Android phone I start up.

The first thing it does is send a login command so I can get a token.

This causes the phone to display a screen telling me the server (api.usergrid.com) is unverified and

displays a "trust this server" button. Pressing the button causes the screen to go away,

but my app is dead in the water at that point cause I didn't get the token.

This is mainly happening at different public wifi locations around town as I do testing.

3g and 4g connections work fine. I have connected at other private wifi connections and

most of them work with no problems.

I haven't tested Admin Portal or curl commands from these locations.

Jerry

Re: [usergrid] application is unverified Rod Simpson 12/7/12 1:28 PM
Jerry,

It would be interesting to see if you are able to use the admin portal from those locations.

In the meantime, I will talk to the team for ideas.

Rod

Rod Simpson
apigee
skype: rockerston
twitter: rockerston
m: 303.859.7323

From: jerry hamby <jerry...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, December 6, 2012 6:30 PM
Re: [usergrid] application is unverified jerry hamby 12/7/12 4:41 PM

This maybe my issue more than yours. This is what I'm seeing.

1- My phone have established wifi connections from previous visits to these affected locations.

     On my first visit I logged in and use their wifi service, mainly through a browser.

2- Now when I go back, my phone is seeing a strong wifi signal, but I guess I'm not logged in.

3- So, when I start my app with a good wifi signal showing but not being logged into their network, this is when I get the unverified popup screen from the phone.

I've spent most of my time building this app in the comfort of my personal wifi, so moving the app out into the real word, is showing this serious UI use case. How do I programmatically handle this unique but common internet connection issue through a user UI?

The only thing I can think of, at the moment, is to start a timer. If I don't get the token within that time period, then I can display a screen stating they my have a internet or login issue. Maybe I could add a button for them to retry.

Open to any better ideas,

Jerry

Re: [usergrid] application is unverified Rod Simpson 12/7/12 6:23 PM
Jerry, using a timeout is a good way to handle a non-existent connection. If the timeout fires, give the user a message. Congrats on getting to the point where you are taking your app out into the real world!

Rod Simpson
Twitter: @rockerston
m: 303.859.7323