Automatically adding user to group

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Automatically adding user to group jerry hamby 10/9/12 4:05 PM
You have to be logged-in as a user  to create a group.

So, why is the default  Usergrid process to NOT add the user to the group automatically?

Why are you making it a 2 step process?

Jerry

Re: [usergrid] Automatically adding user to group Rod Simpson 10/9/12 7:58 PM
Jerry,

First off, you shouldn't have to be logged in as a user to create a group.  You can also create groups when logged in as an administrator (as is the case with the Admin Portal).  In that context it wouldn't make much sense to try to do any more than create the group.

But the bigger reason is that there could be use cases where groups would be created that the user would not be a part of. If we added a user to a group by default, then the API would not be as flexible.  We have to balance flexibility with efficiency - we want to maximize both, and in this case, flexibility must take precedence.

Hope this helps clarify.

Rod

--
Rod Simpson
apigee

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Usergrid group. To post to this group, send email to user...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to usergrid+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/usergrid?hl=en

Learn more about Apigee Usergrid at http://apigee.com/about/products/usergrid

Fork Usergrid on GitHub: https://github.com/usergrid/stack