Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item?

Showing 1-11 of 11 messages
Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Kevin R 5/14/12 4:11 PM
I've been trying to get a hold of the Ultimaker guys to find out if
the Ulticontroller is still on pre-order as the website says because,
according to their site, your order won't ship if it's bundled with a
pre-order item. But alas, no replies. I see some people here with the
Ulticontroller already. Is it safe to order both together or should I
order them seperately? We're in a bit of a rush to get our machine, so
I'm trying to avoid delays.

Cheers!

~Kevin
Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Hitesh 5/14/12 4:25 PM
I ordered mine as a part of the first batch 2-3 weeks ago, and it still hasn't shipped. I contacted support and they mentioned that the machine which prints the parts for the controller broke down so they are working in fixing it..hoping they have it fixed this week..
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/ultimaker?hl=en

For information about the Ultimaker, visit: http://Ultimaker.com
Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Taylor Alexander 5/14/12 4:29 PM
Are they printed parts? Seems like they could ship them without the printed parts for those of us that would prefer to just print our own rather than wait.

And Hitesh I can't wait to see it!

ultimaker+...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/ultimaker?hl=en

For information about the Ultimaker, visit: http://Ultimaker.com

Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Bill Culverhouse 5/14/12 5:47 PM
I'm sure he means laser cutter. There are no printed parts though a
printed housing wouldn't be hard at all to produce. The housing they ship is
laser cut with the bendy "living" hinge in the design.

-b
Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Taylor Alexander 5/14/12 5:50 PM
Ah yeah that makes more sense. I had seen it, I just wondered if there might be a printed part on the inside. But I know that UM does not typically ship printed parts.
Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Hitesh 5/14/12 6:18 PM
Yes sorry I meant laser cutter..:)

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Taylor Alexander <tlalexander@gmail.com> wrote:
Are they printed parts? Seems like they could ship them without the printed parts for those of us that would prefer to just print our own rather than wait.

And Hitesh I can't wait to see it!
Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? kibble 5/15/12 12:09 AM

Don't they have a few laser cutters?
I order mi.e when I 1st heard about 3-5 weeks ago and got it last week there was a delay for waiting for parts.

ultimaker+...@googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/ultimaker?hl=en

For information about the Ultimaker, visit: http://Ultimaker.com
Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Daid 5/15/12 12:17 AM
Last time I visited they had 1 laser cutter. But they might have 2 now. Also remember that they also need to cut the normal kit parts, and you always need to have someone close to the laser in case something catches fire, so laser time is limited.
Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Jensa 5/15/12 12:36 AM
I got mine last week and I think that I ordered the day after it went
live on the website.

Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Frans de Jong 5/15/12 1:02 AM
I ordered  a UMController 2 weeks ago with some consumables. After my mail about delivery time I got a message that it will be shipped this week.

Good luck,
Frans

Op dinsdag 15 mei 2012 01:11:48 UTC+2 schreef Kevin R het volgende:
Op dinsdag 15 mei 2012 01:11:48 UTC+2 schreef Kevin R het volgende:Op dinsdag 15 mei 2012 01:11:48 UTC+2 schreef Kevin R het volgende:
Re: Is the Ulticontroller still a Pre-order item? Hitesh 5/22/12 10:57 AM
Has anyone received their UltiController lately?
I ordered mine over a month ago - when it was not a preorder item and still havent received it.. I had contacted support a couple of times two weeks ago and they mentioned that they were working on fixing some laser cutter issues.....

Hitesh