Proper method for upstreaming?

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Proper method for upstreaming? Kaleb Marshall 1/15/12 1:56 PM
So, I see that adeskbar has been moved into the 'upstream' folder in SVN. I'm fine with that, but I just wondering, if I want to push this package upstream to Mandriva, what is the proper procedure? Should I just commit it like normal and shoot out a message on this ML?
Re: [ul-developers] Proper method for upstreaming? dillj 1/15/12 2:13 PM


On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Kaleb <djj...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, I see that adeskbar has been moved into the 'upstream' folder in SVN. I'm fine with that, but I just wondering, if I want to push this package upstream to Mandriva, what is the proper procedure? Should I just commit it like normal and shoot out a message on this ML?

If you aren't a contributor at mdv, become one...

or commit as usual and I'll sync the pkgs upstream..  
At least, then I'll feel usefull too ;)

Matt, your thoughts?


Re: [ul-developers] Proper method for upstreaming? mdawkins 1/15/12 2:18 PM

Yeah im gchat telling him about repsys, id say do the changes in mdvs svn checkout and have one of us commit.

--
PLEASE REMOVE THIS FOOTER WHEN REPLYING & REPLY BENEATH IT!
Unsubscribe: ul-developer...@googlegroups.com
More options: http://groups.google.com/group/ul-developers
Re: [ul-developers] Proper method for upstreaming? dillj 1/16/12 7:05 AM
On Sun, 2012-01-15 at 15:18 -0700, Matthew Dawkins wrote:
> Yeah im gchat telling him about repsys, id say do the changes in mdvs
> svn checkout and have one of us commit.
>
>
> On Jan 15, 2012 3:13 PM, "dillj" <the....@gmail.com> wrote:
>        
>        
>         On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Kaleb <djj...@gmail.com>
>         wrote:
>                 So, I see that adeskbar has been moved into the
>                 'upstream' folder in SVN. I'm fine with that, but I
>                 just wondering, if I want to push this package
>                 upstream to Mandriva, what is the proper procedure?
>                 Should I just commit it like normal and shoot out a
>                 message on this ML?
>        
>        
>         If you aren't a contributor at mdv, become one...
>        
>        
>         or commit as usual and I'll sync the pkgs upstream..  
>         At least, then I'll feel usefull too ;)
>        
>        
>         Matt, your thoughts?
>        

Not that I can commit or anything ;)
Guess I'll need to submit a few more pkgs to get that apprentice tag
removed :P