T&T: Air Filters

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
T&T: Air Filters Glen Moore 2/22/12 5:32 AM
I use K & N filters on the main engines and generator.  They make a wide
variety of sizes that are easily adaptable.

http://www <http://www.knfilters.com/>.knfilters.com/<http://www.knfilters.com/>

Glen Moore
DeFever 40 Last Dance
Currently Ft. Myers
Trawlers & Trawlering and T&T are trademarks of Water World
Productions. Unauthorized use is prohibited.

Re: T&T: Air Filters Greg Bowers 2/23/12 1:08 PM
Glen wrote  " I use K & N filters on the main engines and generator.  They make a wide

variety of sizes that are easily adaptable."

I have been extremely shy of using air filters since I lost an engine a couple of years ago.   http://www.seaplanetearth.com/index14.html

My boat was not built with air filters and it ran fine for many years until I thought I was smarter than those who built it.  Shame on me.  Granted, I may have gotten a bad filter but it was used where it was not designed to be used so the filter manufacturer had no responsibility in the matter.  Not that I tested that theory because it was, after all, my fault.

Just my 2 cents worth.......

Greg Bowers
www.seaplanetearth.com

Trawlers & Trawlering and T&T are trademarks of Water World
Productions. Unauthorized use is prohibited.

T&T: Air Filters clyde fernortner 2/23/12 8:32 PM
now you need to check out why the bathroom on a boat, is referred to as the "head", and why the anchor line is called "rode"...i know, but i`ll wait for the research...c

clyde fernortner
garb...@wavecable.com