[bad] delicious new terms 1. copyright license

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
[bad] delicious new terms 1. copyright license Hugo Roy 6/20/12 9:49 AM
It looks like Delicious have (not) learned their lesson from Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.delicious.com/help/terms
Member Content. Your Member Content is yours; AVOS does not claim any ownership rights in your Member Content. By posting, submitting or transmitting any Member Content on or through the Service, you grant us and our third party service providers and partners a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, distribute, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast, access, view and otherwise exploit such Member Content in any and all media or distribution channels (now known or hereafter created).  For example, this license allows us to make your public "bookmarks" and comments available anywhere and everywhere in the spirit of the Service i.e., for use by other Members, our partners and via other media platforms.  No compensation will be paid to you with respect to your Member Content as a result of your posting, submitting or transmitting Member Content through the Service.
In France, I'm not even sure this copyright license is actually legal.

Just for reference, here's what the terms looked like one year ago (courtesy of @Calimaq):
By posting content, you are granting permission to Delicious and others to access and use it in connection with Delicious and otherwise in connection with its affiliates’ businesses. You can mark content as private to restrict access and use to those users to whom you explicitly grant access. For publicly accessible content, you can label your content with one of several possible licenses. . Your use of a license in connection with your content does not affect Delicious’ right to access and use it in connection with Delicious or otherwise in connection with its affiliates’ businesses.
--
Hugo Roy
  French Coordinator, FSFE       chat: hu...@jabber.fsfe.org