[Good] DuckDuckGo doesn't track you

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
[Good] DuckDuckGo doesn't track you Michiel de Jong 6/12/12 6:44 AM
see http://donttrack.us/
Re: [Good] DuckDuckGo doesn't track you Hugo Roy 6/13/12 10:22 AM
So the point was added to
https://github.com/unhosted/ToS-DR/blob/master/points/g4RWiArs104.json

{
"id": "g4RWiArs104",
"name": "No Tracking",
"category": "Anonymity",
"source": "http://donttrack.us/",
"service": "ddg",
"point": "good",
"score": "100",
"tldr": "DuckDuckGo doesn't save your searches and doesn't send your searches to other sites. No personal information is saved either. "
}

So Michiel and I have assigned to this point the top score 100 which means that this point matters a lot.
Since there are basically no other points raising concerns after having read DDG's privacy policy https://duckduckgo.com/privacy.html I decided to start the process to assign a class to the whole service. With "+100" on average, it gets a Class A. The website http://tos-dr.info has been updated accordingly.

Does anyone has other opinions, suggestions? Maybe we could add positive points for the great care they take documenting the changes in the privacy policy.

Best,
Hugo
Re: [Good] DuckDuckGo doesn't track you bapab...@gmail.com 8/21/12 9:19 AM
Saying that DDG doesn't save your searches is a little misleading, I feel. Their privacy policy[0] states that they *do* save individual searches, but in a non-identifiable way:

>We also save searches, but again, not in a personally identifiable way, as we do not store IP addresses or unique User agent strings. We use aggregate, non-personal search data to improve things like misspellings.

[0] https://duckduckgo.com/privacy.html

Re: [tosdr:559] Re: [Good] DuckDuckGo doesn't track you Hugo Roy 8/28/12 6:10 AM
Le mardi 21 août 2012 à 09:19 -0700, bapab...@gmail.com a écrit :
What do you suggest instead? I didn't think it was misleading obviously
when I wrote it. But if enough people feel that way, the summary can be
improved.
--
Hugo Roy
  French Coordinator, FSFE       chat: hu...@jabber.fsfe.org