JCO nominated for a World Fantasy Award

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
JCO nominated for a World Fantasy Award Gary Couzens 7/28/11 4:50 PM
In the Best Short Fiction category, for "Fossil-Figures" from the anthology
Stories.

Full list of nominations here:

http://www.locusmag.com/News/2011/07/world-fantasy-nominees-and-lifetime-achievement-winners/

Gary

RE: [JCO:1042] JCO nominated for a World Fantasy Award Oehling, Rick 7/28/11 4:53 PM
i loved this story when i first read it in an anthology

From: tonecl...@googlegroups.com [tonecl...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Gary Couzens [gjco...@btinternet.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:50 PM
To: tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [JCO:1042] JCO nominated for a World Fantasy Award

http://www.locusmag.com/News/2011/07/world-fantasy-nominees-and-lifetime-achievement-winners/

Gary

Nobel Prize on Thursday Anthony 10/3/11 11:00 AM
The Annual Finger-crossing For JCO has begun!

Cheers,

-a.

RE: [JCO:1044] Nobel Prize on Thursday Adva Weinerman 10/3/11 11:03 AM

Do you think there is any chance? Is she a candidate? Quite frankly, there were less deserving winners in the recent past that I can think of.

Adva

The Annual Finger-crossing For JCO has begun!

Cheers,

-a.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/toneclusters?hl=en

Re: [JCO:1045] Nobel Prize on Thursday Michaelangelo 10/3/11 11:58 AM
Good luck, JCO!
Michaelangelo
(former student)

RE: [JCO:1046] Nobel Prize on Thursday Adva Weinerman 10/3/11 12:06 PM

Was there any manor new work of hers? I have not heard of any recent new work.

Adva

בברכה, אדוה

From: tonecl...@googlegroups.com [mailto:to...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Michaelangelo Rodriguez
RE: [JCO:1048] Nobel Prize on Thursday Adva Weinerman 10/3/11 11:29 PM

Ellen, you are so right.

I am sure Graham Green had enough to be proud of and so does JCO. Recognition in this world is a tricky thing and does not always go to those who deserve it, but both mentioned writers, did receive rightful recognition and maybe it should be enough.

Adva

[...]

Re: [JCO:1049] Nobel Prize on Thursday Toil Not Spin 10/5/11 9:48 PM
Ava, you are right---and being much more mature than I am <sigh>.  JCO has indeed plenty of awards, popularity, money, and the esteem of her own colleagues----but gosh, I'd like to see her win that Nobel prize lol.

It is such a pleasure to read you---you always bring such a gentle and learned voice to the boards!

Ellen