Feature request: non-stop, continuous Pomodoro/break cycle

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Feature request: non-stop, continuous Pomodoro/break cycle Julián Landerreche 9/13/11 9:02 AM
Hi all, newcomer here.
Célio, thanks for bringing this app to life.

I'd like to ask this feature: an option to enable a non-stop
(continuous) Pomodoro/break cycle. In other words, make it automatic,
without the need to manually trigger the next Pomodoro or the next
short break :)

I think this feature request goes "in the spirit" of Pomodoro
Technique, as a short break starts right after a Pomodoro ends, and a
Pomodoro starts right after a short break ends. No need to manually
trigger one or the other.

I think it would also help to keep the flow and commit oneself better
with the Pomodoro/break cycle.

I took this idea from Pomodorium (AIR app), as that's the way it works
on that Pomodoro timer.

What do you think?
Thanks for reading!

Re: Feature request: non-stop, continuous Pomodoro/break cycle Julián Landerreche 9/13/11 9:09 AM
One little thing to add: if this feature has chances to become
implemented, I'd suggest to also add an option (or default behavior)
so that after a cycle of 4 Pomodoro/short-breaks, the *long* break
starts. *But* the next Pomodoro (the one that follows the long break)
needs to be triggered manually again. Long breaks are usually more
"relaxed" and less "time-measured" than short breaks. Also, users
usually get away from computer in long breaks.
Thus, automatically triggering a Pomodoro after a long break may
become more cumbersome than helpful.
In any case, as said, I'd suggest to add this as an option too.
Something like this:

Enable non-stop (continuous) Pomodoro/break cycles [X]
|__ Stop cycle after long break [X]

(may need better wording, hehe)
Re: Feature request: non-stop, continuous Pomodoro/break cycle Julián Landerreche 9/13/11 9:13 AM
Ops! Sorry for the triple posting. I just noticed that there is a
GitHub repo for Tomighty, and that the author is using the Issues
feature there.

It seems that this enhancement was already requested
https://github.com/ccidral/tomighty/issues/26
and discussed:
http://groups.google.com/group/tomighty/browse_thread/thread/117a960fa5c83bf8

Should have searched better, sorry :S
Re: [tomighty] Re: Feature request: non-stop, continuous Pomodoro/break cycle Célio Cidral 9/13/11 12:10 PM
Hey, no problem, it's good to have this kind of duplicate feedback, it
helps me know which features people most want to get included in
Tomighty.

I have been a bit busy and hence unable to work on the project, so a
new release might take a bit longer than expected.  Anyway, I will
give higher priority to the non-stop feature.

Célio

2011/9/13 Julián Landerreche <man...@gmail.com>:> --