Silent Mode on ICS

Showing 1-12 of 12 messages
Silent Mode on ICS Piotr 5/7/12 2:18 PM
Hi,
I've got "Night" profile, that turns silent mode on after 10PM. It works well on GB, but when I switched to ICS, it seems, that Tasker can't automatically switch it on after that hour.
When I did some testing, it turned out, that when i press "Play" button in Task Edit mode - it works.

What can be wrong? Can it be a bug?
I'm using HTC Desire with MIUI ICS from miui-au.com.

(sum up: tasker does not switch on silent mode after specified hour, but it does when I manually test the task in Edit mode)

Regards,
Piotr
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Pent 5/7/12 11:13 PM
Do you have anything else that changes Notification or Ringer volume ?

Pent
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Piotr 5/8/12 1:52 AM
No, night profile has only Silent mode on, auto brightness off and display brightness=0.
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Pent 5/8/12 2:31 AM
Could you look at Menu / More / Run Log and see if the profile is
activating and successfully running the task at the expected time ?

Thanks,

Pent
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Piotr 5/9/12 2:37 AM

It seems, that today silent mode worked, but tasker did not turn it off at morning (I'll try to change "day" profile to set ringer only)
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Piotr 5/31/12 6:07 AM
It works randomly for me. I also noticed, that AlarmDroid successfully disables silent mode and wakes me up (then, switches silent On).
I don't know if it is related, but I've temporary removed Alarm Droid.
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Pent 5/31/12 6:20 AM
Does it work if you do Menu / More / Run An Action.

If so, enable the Run Log and when it goes off check in the Run Log if
Tasker was doing anything at the time.

Pent
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Piotr 5/31/12 7:49 AM
For me, log always showed OK next to runned action, as well, as Running manually.
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Pent 5/31/12 9:28 AM
> For me, log always showed OK next to runned action, as well, as Running
> manually.

But does the setting change ?

Pent
Re: Silent Mode on ICS Pent 6/1/12 12:40 AM
> I'm running stock (leaked) ics, strangely even run action would not
> work for audio. The native profile widget works fine. Any idea beside
> changing the rom? Thank you... ;)

Besides changing the ROM ?

Try a Tasker reinstall, sometimes Android messes up an install for
unknown reasons.

Pent