IRC meetings

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
IRC meetings Lukas Kahwe Smith 12/7/11 2:39 PM
Hi,

by our bi-weekly schedule we would have the next IRC meeting in 8 days. however i would really like to hand over meeting organization to someone else. i feel a bit burned out in regards to the IRC meetings, which imho has already resulted in a reduced quality of the meetings. so please someone step up.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org

Re: [symfony-devs] IRC meetings Drak 12/7/11 5:02 PM
Why not spread the load among a few people?  A few people could rotate for each meeting.  Just need a short guidelines document for the moderator.

Regards,

Drak

Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org

--
If you want to report a vulnerability issue on symfony, please send it to security at symfony-project.com

Re: [symfony-devs] IRC meetings Francesco Levorato 12/14/11 1:41 AM
Hi everybody,
as no one has stepped up yet, if this is ok for everybody I will try to take up this task and we will all see how this goes.
Yesterday I have talked with Lukas about what covering this role would entail.

Coordinating IRC meetings means:
- send a call for topics some days in advance of the scheduled meeting
- prepare a Doodle and send it out on Wed evening preceding the meeting
- help manage the meeting by going through the topics in order of the votes in Doodle, by reminding about the 15 mins timebox and pushing the discussion toward a conclusion on how to proceed

Of course at this moment I am nowhere near to the involvement in the core issues/PR's that Lukas had, so I will be more into coordination than into discussion.
In your mind you will need to try separate the idea of Lukas-core-dev from Lukas-IRC-meeting-organizer :)

@Drak: if I read your mail correctly you are stepping up as well, I'll get in touch should I need any help, ok?

Let me know what you think!
Francesco

Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org

--
If you want to report a vulnerability issue on symfony, please send it to security at symfony-project.com

francesco levorato aka flevour
http://flevour.net - on Twitter I am: @flevour
http://doitagainapp.com - Motivational tool for lazy people
http://foopro.com - proud fooDev0 @ FooPro
http://screenfony.com - symfony video tutorials

Re: [symfony-devs] IRC meetings Lukas Kahwe Smith 12/14/11 8:57 AM

On Dec 14, 2011, at 10:41 , Francesco Levorato wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> as no one has stepped up yet, if this is ok for everybody I will try to take up this task and we will all see how this goes.

awesome!

> Yesterday I have talked with Lukas about what covering this role would entail.
>
> Coordinating IRC meetings means:
> - send a call for topics some days in advance of the scheduled meeting
> - prepare a Doodle and send it out on Wed evening preceding the meeting
> - help manage the meeting by going through the topics in order of the votes in Doodle, by reminding about the 15 mins timebox and pushing the discussion toward a conclusion on how to proceed
>
> Of course at this moment I am nowhere near to the involvement in the core issues/PR's that Lukas had, so I will be more into coordination than into discussion.
> In your mind you will need to try separate the idea of Lukas-core-dev from Lukas-IRC-meeting-organizer :)
>
> @Drak: if I read your mail correctly you are stepping up as well, I'll get in touch should I need any help, ok?

Here are topics I am proposing for the meeting:
https://github.com/symfony/symfony/pull/2865
https://github.com/symfony/symfony/pull/2791
https://github.com/symfony/symfony/pull/2669

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org

Re: [symfony-devs] IRC meetings Drak 12/14/11 12:41 PM
On 14 December 2011 15:26, Francesco Levorato <fle...@flevour.net> wrote:
@Drak: if I read your mail correctly you are stepping up as well, I'll get in touch should I need any help, ok?

I don't think I can commit to anything regularly because my time-zone makes it quite awkward.  I was suggesting that if the meetings were becoming cumbersome for one organiser to see if the responsibility could divided.

Regards,

Drak
Re: [symfony-devs] IRC meetings Francesco Levorato 12/15/11 12:41 AM
Hi everybody,
I have received topic proposals only from Lukas. I don't know if these 3 topics are enough for organizing a meeting.
Anyway I have prepared the Doodle here: http://www.doodle.com/2utgu8bv5t9cdeiz

Cheers,
Francesco

--
francesco levorato aka flevour
"Now while the blood is hot you should make your way with vigour to better things." (Seneca)

--
If you want to report a vulnerability issue on symfony, please send it to security at symfony-project.com

Re: [symfony-devs] IRC meetings Francesco Levorato 12/15/11 8:00 AM
See you in IRC #symfony-dev?
http://flevour.net - on Twitter I am: @flevour
http://doitagainapp.com - Motivational tool for lazy people
http://foopro.com - proud fooDev0 @ FooPro
http://screenfony.com - symfony video tutorials

Re: [symfony-devs] IRC meetings Francesco Levorato 12/15/11 9:37 AM
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Francesco Levorato <fle...@flevour.net> wrote:
See you in IRC #symfony-dev?

Logs are here, thanks everyone https://gist.github.com/1482008