Subscribing to youtoube, vimeo or other video sites

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Subscribing to youtoube, vimeo or other video sites Aleksander Wons 3/16/12 12:06 AM
I was trying to subscribe to youtube and vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/channels/filmschool/videos/rss
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos

These links work pretty well when I open them in a browset. But when I
try to "receive" them or use "Lookup a feed status" on superfeedr
webpage it always returns 404.
Does it mean superfeedr is being blocked by these websites and I
cannot use their feeds? Or is this some kind of technical issue you
are working on?

Best regards,
Aleksander
Re: Subscribing to youtoube, vimeo or other video sites Julien 3/16/12 12:44 AM
Aleksander,

I double checked but these feeds aren't subscribed to in Superfeedr...so
that is why you're getting a 404 when trying to retrieve the status.

As far as I know, we're not being blocked by either of these published.
Please subscribe to them and you should be able to get later updates
as well as retrieve their status after a couple minutes.

Thanks
Re: Subscribing to youtoube, vimeo or other video sites Aleksander Wons 3/16/12 12:56 AM
Julien,

Thank you for your answer.
I was misled by this 404 code. I have found in documentation that it means given feed is not being managed by superfeedr.

Once again thank you for your help.

Regards,
Aleksander