Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest

Showing 1-55 of 55 messages
Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 9/16/12 10:36 AM
Because everyone seemed to love the first Quiz-Making Contest, here's another one.

How it Works:
  • For the contest, there will be a theme. All entries must pertain to that theme in any way.
  • To enter your quiz, just post it on this thread.
  • September 18 will be the last day for entering. Voting will then start at midnight EST, and take place for 2 more days.
  • The winning quiz will (if all goes well) get published on Sporcle.

How to Vote:

Email me (banjo...@gmail.com) with your vote. Your email should look something like this:

1. [Quiz 1] (your favorite entry)
2. [Quiz 2] (second favorite entry)
3. [Quiz 3] (third)

1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is 1. Please only tell me your top three.
Voting will start at midnight EST tonight, and will be over in two days. I will then tally up the votes and post our winner here.

Other Rules:
  • You may only enter one quiz.
  • You may vote if you've entered, but please don't vote for your own quiz.
  • When voting, make sure to tell me your Sporcle username.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Finally, all this contest needs is a theme. The contest's theme is:
Tree!

I'm interested to see what you guys come up with. Have fun, everyone! (hey, that rhymes!)
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest dolebanana 9/16/12 11:43 AM
Awesome! I've actually got a quiz in mind for this one.

One word of advice is that after this one, you may want to limit the contest to once a week so that people don't get burned out on it. Say, every Monday you announce the theme, Friday is the last day to submit a quiz, results are announced on Saturday (or some schedule like that). Rinse, repeat.
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest rer2121 9/16/12 11:58 AM
I suppose I'll be posting the first entry:

I hope you all like it!

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest mcomisky 9/16/12 12:41 PM
Here is my quiz: US States by Tree!
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest wiggytitch 9/16/12 12:44 PM
Wow, very quick turnaround there BZ!

Hmm, trees *puts thinking cap on*
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest slipkid 9/16/12 1:19 PM
Here's mine: http://www.sporcle.com/games/slipkid/rhymes-with-tree-3-letters
slipkid

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM, wiggytitch <wiggytitc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow, very quick turnaround there BZ!

Hmm, trees *puts thinking cap on*

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest dolebanana 9/16/12 2:20 PM
Oops, I just posted to the other thread. Here's my very silly entry (crossing fingers):

Video Game Trees

--dolebanana
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest SproutCM 9/16/12 2:49 PM
This is much more fun than preparing my Organic Chemistry lecture for tomorrow morning. Here is my entry:

citkeane 9/16/12 3:11 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest dolebanana 9/16/12 3:16 PM
I accidentally linked to my results page in my first message. Here's my re-resubmission (I'm just being a moron):

Video Game Trees
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Ubbiebubbie 9/16/12 3:49 PM
I made a quiz, and here it is!

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Quizmaster91 9/16/12 5:45 PM
Here's my submission. Unfortunately it's not the first fill-in quiz in this contest but at least it's complete different literature.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Quizmaster91/no_i_in_tree
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest THEJMAN 9/16/12 6:11 PM
Here's my entry! I love this idea, if for nothing more than good publicity.

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest skuban 9/16/12 6:38 PM
Here is my game entry:

Trivial Tree Trivia
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest needapausebutton 9/16/12 7:01 PM
Thank you BanjoZebra, this is turning out to be a lot of fun!

My entry includes the following 23 Relatives on Donald Duck's Family Tree
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest googlebird 9/16/12 8:53 PM
Here's my tree quiz.
http://www.sporcle.com/games/googlebird/movies-by-trees-images
googlebird
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Tahnan 9/16/12 8:54 PM
On Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:49:02 PM UTC-4, SproutCM wrote:
This is much more fun than preparing my Organic Chemistry lecture for tomorrow morning. Here is my entry:

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 9/16/12 11:28 PM
Why don't you make like a tree...and get out of here.

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest wiggytitch 9/17/12 3:57 AM
Here's mine:

I had loads of ideas for this but none of them satisfied me :(
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Cryptus 9/17/12 6:07 AM
Here's mine: Pick the Trees (Clickable)

Hopefully none of my made up answers are actually trees...
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest LTH 9/17/12 7:09 AM
I made this a few years back. The hidden theme should be pretty obvious.

Flick 9/17/12 11:16 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Flick 9/17/12 11:18 AM
OK it's a bit wooden but here it is:

Four letter _ _ E E words.

I did write one for the Purple quiz (Purple Rain Lyrics but too late to enter) ah well. I tried to find the countries that exported the most Christmas trees but could not find the data :(
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Geo1 9/17/12 1:01 PM
Here's mine:

                  Word Ladder: Word Tree

                  (The ladder is shaped like a tree.)

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest tobley 9/17/12 2:03 PM
I made this one and sent it back to 2011 just for fun: Wooden Words
(I'll make a new one next time...)
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest MrChewypoo 9/17/12 2:06 PM
Well, this IS embarassing, but I just spent the entire day making the same quiz as Geo1.

Climb The World Ladder Tree

Oh well, may the best quiz win!

Chewy

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 9/17/12 2:39 PM
This is coming along very well. Our current entries list:

2. US States by Tree (mcomisky)
4. Video Game Trees (Pics) (dolebanana)
5. 'Trees' by Joyce Kilmer (sproutcm)
6. Tree-rific Anagrams (Ubbiebubbie)
7. The giving tree (Quizmaster91)
8. To Quote a Tree (THEJMAN)
11. Movies by Trees (images) (googlebird)
14. A 'Tree-mendous' Image Quiz (wiggytitch)
19. Wooden Words (tobley)
citkeane 9/17/12 2:51 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest citkeane 9/17/12 3:01 PM
My entry:

So that makes it 21 entries, I guess.
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest TheBestDRose 9/17/12 6:30 PM
This is definitely not a very good quiz, but I like to be part of things. This contest is pretty cool, and I look forward to see the future topics.

My entry is:

Hejman 9/17/12 8:45 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Hejman 9/17/12 8:46 PM
And here's mine:  Can't See the Actor for the Trees

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Hejman/a_wooden_performance
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest vikZ 9/17/12 9:13 PM
Here's my submission:

Tree Factoring Time

This contest needs some math :)
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest stanford0008 9/17/12 9:26 PM
My quiz: TV by Family Tree . Might need a bit of polishing still, but wanted to make sure I got it submitted in time.
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest manonthemoon 9/18/12 3:37 AM
.....and another

http://www.sporcle.com/games/manonthemoon/fourlegedforest

After winter, the trees are relieved.

Well done PurpleGuru :)
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 9/18/12 5:58 PM
Our almost-final entries list:
22. Arbor Day Countries (TheBestDRose)
25. TV by Family Tree (Stanford0008)
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest needapausebutton 9/18/12 6:55 PM
Hey BanjoZebra -- I'm posting a quick note because I want you to be clear about a game I just contributed tonite --

It just happens to have the word "Forest" in its title, but it is completely unrelated to the contest.... I just didn't want you to think that I was foolishly "entering twice" or anything.... Tonite's newly contributed game was already in the works even before this "tree-themed" contest began...

- napb
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 9/19/12 4:38 AM
Voting time! You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.
(just kidding, you can stay here)
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest skuban 9/19/12 4:55 AM
Now there are 26 quizzes instead of the relatively small number in the previous contest, does anybody endorse the idea of voting for FIVE quizzes? It could make things more competitive, close, and exciting.
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest slipkid 9/19/12 6:02 AM
I suggest that everyone just votes for their top 5 in no particular order. Then when the top 5 are chosen, sort of like a primary, we vote for our favorite out of those top 5. Otherwise the vote might get diluted with the winner actually not receiving a majority of the total votes. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2012, at 7:55 AM, skuban <stephe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Now there are 26 quizzes instead of the relatively small number in the previous contest, does anybody endorse the idea of voting for FIVE quizzes? It could make things more competitive, close, and exciting.

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest skuban 9/19/12 6:13 AM
I endorse this idea.
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest dolebanana 9/19/12 7:02 AM
I think we should stick with top three, since this is complicated enough as it is (and we know at least 26 people will be voting).

But, we should defer to BZ. Either way, can we get some clarification before any more votes are cast?
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest vikZ 9/19/12 8:44 AM
I agree with Dole. The voting process doesn't have to get so complicated, plus it'll result in two huge masses of emails BZ has to go through instead of one.
On top, the 3-ranked voting system helps prevent having a winner with extremely few votes.

On top this is a contest to determine the best/most enjoyable quiz, not an election resulting in running a country so there's nothing to worry about if we get a non-majority winner (plus with so many entrants, it'd be hard to get a 50% majority winner).
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest RockGolf 9/19/12 4:48 PM
Ooh, I gotta get in on the next one of these.!
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 9/19/12 5:18 PM
I think that, for now, we should keep the voting as it is. The "top-three" voting style keeps the results simple and accurate, and it only takes a couple days.
Also, a few people have mentioned to me that some of our entries here have been created before the contest started. I'll let it slide this time, but for future contests your entries will have to be created after the contest has begun.
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 9/21/12 4:59 AM
I guess it's results time! This contest was a close one.

In 3st place, with 9 points:
Climb the Word Ladder Tree by MrChewypoo!

In 2nd place, with 10 points:
Tree Factoring Time by vikZ!

And finally, the winner of the second quiz-making contest (with 11 points) is:
Tree of Knowledge: A General Knowledge Quiz by citkeane!

Congratulations to citkeane, and thanks to everyone else who entered!
I will post the next contest tomorrow. Cheers!
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Quizmaster91 9/21/12 6:24 AM
Congrats citkeane!

Looking forward to the next contest (Maybe citkeane should pick the subject, just as an extra little prize? I said this on the other contest too but by then the new subject had already been chosen. Hopefully I'm not too late now)!
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest vikZ 9/21/12 7:23 AM
Aww just 1 point away! :(
Congrats citkeane!
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest vikZ 9/21/12 7:33 AM
Also thanks everyone for voting!
And it feels great to be voted in 2nd!
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest citkeane 9/21/12 7:41 AM
Wow, I'm completely surprised by that. I didn't think I had a chance of winning, so much so, I was checking the result having almost completely forgotten I even entered a quiz. Thanks for the votes. I'm guessing it was very close looking at the scores.
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 9/21/12 9:42 AM
Next time, citkeane, none of this "using old quizzes" business ;) But I'm glad you submitted that one because it's a fantastic JFF quiz that I'd clearly overlooked. Congrats!
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest mcomisky 9/21/12 12:22 PM
Congratulations citkeane! As a side note, would it be possible to make a tag for all of the contributed games, so users that wish to play all of the games would have one place to look? The tag could just be "Sporcle University Contest" or something like that.
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest needapausebutton 9/21/12 1:00 PM
Congrats citkeane.

I've linked my entry to your winner!

Just want to remind anybody else who had entered the contest, that if feasible, linking to the winning game (Try Also...) might be a nice gesture that is "within our control".
Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 9/21/12 1:46 PM
Funny-- I was just linking to citkeane's quiz and finally noticed the URL. How appropriate that turned out to be!

Re: Another Sporcle Quiz-Making Contest Hejman 9/21/12 8:30 PM
Congrats citkeane!  Great quiz submissions all around.  On to the next round!
More topics »