The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest

Showing 1-40 of 40 messages
The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 10/6/12 7:52 AM
Hello everybody. It's time. This is the fifth quiz-making contest.

How it Works:
  • For the contest, there will be a theme. All entries must pertain to that theme in any way.
  • To enter your quiz, just post it on this thread.
  • October 8 will be the last day for entering. Voting will then start at midnight EST, and take place for 2 more days.
  • The winning quiz will (if all goes well) get published on Sporcle.

How to Vote:

Email me (banjo...@gmail.com) with your vote. Your email should look something like this:

1. [Quiz 1] (your favorite entry)
2. [Quiz 2] (second favorite entry)
3. [Quiz 3] (third)

1st place is worth 3 points, 2nd is worth 2, and 3rd is 1. Please only tell me your top three.
Voting will start at midnight EST tonight, and will be over in two days. I will then tally up the votes and post our winner here.

Other Rules:
  • You may only enter one quiz.
  • You may vote if you've entered, but please don't vote for your own quiz.
  • When voting, make sure to tell me your Sporcle username.
  • Entries must be created after the contest has started.
This week's theme is:
The Letter 'K'

Interesting theme, isn't it? I'm excited to see some awesome entries.
Alright, it's time to get this contest started! Have fun!

The Quiz Contest Hall of Fame
Pick Purple by MovieGuru
Clicktional Schools by slipkid
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest needapausebutton 10/6/12 9:46 AM
O K. B.Z., you're Killing me with this Kontest, since I Kant use my previously Kreated K-laden Kwiz! I won't linK it as a Kontest entry but boy, I wish I Kould have! (it woulda been this Kwiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/needapausebutton/find-the-correctly-spelled-country-it-starts-with-k). Repeat, this is NOT an entry :(

Good luck to all of the Kreative Kreators in this one!

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest SproutCM 10/6/12 11:37 AM
So much for getting lots of work done today. Here is my entry:

unk...@googlegroups.com 10/6/12 11:45 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest rer2121 10/6/12 1:20 PM
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest titanjmg 10/6/12 2:51 PM
Krud, kan't konceive of kool kwiz to kontribute yet. Who knew 'K' is so diffikult to kreate a kwiz for.
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest Geo1 10/6/12 4:47 PM
This should be kalled the Sporkle Kwiz Making Kontest.
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest mcomisky 10/6/12 6:33 PM
Here's my game: Published Kwizzes
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest googlebird 10/6/12 8:41 PM
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest teddy109768 10/7/12 8:01 AM
Here is my K Quiz
Have Fun!

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM, googlebird <bogar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here's my kwik kwiz
http://www.sporcle.com/games/googlebird/ko-or-ok-images

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest Geo1 10/7/12 8:16 AM
My entry:
        'K' Typing Challenge

unk...@googlegroups.com 10/7/12 10:35 AM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/7/12 10:41 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest citkeane 10/7/12 10:42 AM
My entry for your consideration:

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest RockGolf 10/7/12 10:57 AM
I've interrupted Canadian Thanksgiving dinner preparations for this I hope it's worth it.

Images that begin and end in "K"
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest titanjmg 10/7/12 12:13 PM
Just kompleted mine! Here it is:
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest slipkid 10/7/12 1:07 PM

I'm in: Capital K

slipkid

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM, titanjmg <badge...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Just kompleted mine! Here it is:

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest wiggytitch 10/7/12 1:26 PM
Here's mine:

Good luck all! :)

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest skuban 10/7/12 2:50 PM
Here's a K grabbag! 'K' by Numbers

Hope it's enjoyable.
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest JS7744 10/7/12 4:05 PM
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest teddy109768 10/7/12 4:07 PM

I'm on my phone so I can't leave a comment but i'm your quiz BuddyBoy, you have kelp or celp twice.

On Oct 7, 2012 7:05 PM, "BuddyBoy77" <soxpatscel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here is my entry: http://www.sporcle.com/games/BuddyBoy77/which-one-is-it-k-or-c

unk...@googlegroups.com 10/7/12 4:34 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest citkeane 10/7/12 4:35 PM
Hopefully, it won't confuse matters that my quiz's URL  ends in k-by-numbers. I was thinking of doing the same quiz as skuban's but changed my mind. Sadly, I forgot to change the URL.
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest JS7744 10/7/12 4:44 PM
Thank you very much teddy109768, I have found the problem and fixed it.
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 10/8/12 7:46 AM
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 10/8/12 8:50 AM
Last day for entries, folks!
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest manonthemoon 10/8/12 9:52 AM
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest Flick 10/8/12 10:36 AM
Middle K

Thanx for setting these quizzes up Banjozebra,
btw I stole your idea, that you stole off me, that I stole of Caramba, that anybody else is free to steal :)

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest Hejman 10/8/12 7:12 PM
And here's mine, the first 90 second quiz I've ever made:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Hejman/from_john_kwincy_to_abe_linkoln
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 10/8/12 11:14 PM
If I may do the honors? I figure BanjoZebra has enough to do running this thing...I've gone over the thread a couple of times, and I believe this is the official list:

Add-a-K Image Pairs (sproutcm)
Published Kwizzes (mcomisky)
KO or OK? (images) (googlebird)
K Country Facts (teddy109768)
Capital K (slipkid)
'K' by Numbers (skuban)
Big 4 Nic'K'names (manonthemoon)
Middle K (Flick)

I left out a few that I felt were better than mine. (TOTALLY kidding. They're all here.)
Voting procedure is detailed in the first post of this thread.

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 10/9/12 6:22 AM
Thanks, druhutch!

And yes, it is time to vote.
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest vikZ 10/9/12 1:56 PM
Aww I was too busy with Canadian Thanksgiving :(

Good luck to everyone that entered!
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest JS7744 10/9/12 5:23 PM
When do you announce who won. This is my first entry and I may have missed where it said that, but I am excited to see how mine turns out.
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 10/11/12 4:59 AM
Time for results! It was a reeeaaaally close one here.

In 3rd place, with 8 points:
Krazy 'K' Konundrum by rer2121!

In 2nd place, with 16 points:
Celebrity (K)indergarten by druhutch!

Finally, the winner of the fifth quiz-making contest (with 17 points):
Your 'K' Starter for Ten by wiggytitch!

Congratulations to wiggytitch, and thanks to everyone else who participated!
Tune in next week for another contest.

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest LTH 10/11/12 7:01 AM
Hats off to wiggytitch! Go ahead and take the rest of the day off.
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest druhutch 10/11/12 11:19 AM
One point? I demand a recount!

Only kidding. Congrats wiggytitch! You definitely had my vote -- excellent and well-deserved winner.

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest wiggytitch 10/11/12 12:03 PM
Wow, thanks everyone! So much excellent competition I didn't think I'd stand a chance of winning! :)
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest Toby123 10/28/12 12:21 PM
BZ, when is the next competition going to take place?
Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest teddy109768 10/28/12 12:22 PM

You know I was wondering the same thing, and by the way thanks for the CP BZ

On Oct 28, 2012 3:21 PM, "Toby123" <toby123...@gmail.com> wrote:
BZ, when is the next competition going to take place?

Re: The Fifth Quiz-Making Contest BanjoZebra 10/28/12 12:36 PM
Sorry about the long wait. I'll start it today.
More topics »