Real life people at Sporcle

Showing 41-234 of 234 messages
Real life people at Sporcle SproutCM 10/1/12 3:39 PM
I am kind of curious, because I really wonder what the demographic is like of people who are very dedicated to Sporcle and make or take lots of quizzes. I'm sure some patterns exist, and those of us who are editors all kinda know about each other in real life, but the curators and other dedicated users are more of a mystery.  So, I'd like to start a census of sorts for the people who frequent Sporcle U.  All questions are optional, or may be left vague (like age, you can say your actual age, a ball park, or nothing). Feel free to leave things blank, but don't distort things.

Country you live in:
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.):
Gender:
Age:
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc):
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college):
Number of Years Sporcling:

---
Here are my answers:

Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Boston, Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 41
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Chemistry professor
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): AB and PhD in Chemistry
Number of Years Sporcling: just over 3 years (Since May 2009)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle teddy109768 10/1/12 3:41 PM

Wow Sproutcm you are very accomplished, you should feel very proud.

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Sheldon 10/1/12 4:06 PM
I was thinking of doing this the other day actually, but was just going to ask about country. Anywho, this is me:

Country: New Zealand
City: Wellington (Although It's been a little back and forth between there and Auckland at the moment)
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Career: Student
Number of Years Sporcling: Just under 3 years; joined in November, 2009, but was playing quizzes and such a month or two before that.

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Cryptus 10/1/12 4:07 PM
Interesting idea. Here's mine:

Country I live in: England (although this is Sporcle, perhaps I should say UK, as not to bring up that argument again!)
Subdivision of the country: Medway, Kent
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Career: Undergraduate (2nd year) Physics student
No degrees, yet!
Number of Years Sporcling: around 4 1/2 years (since May 2008).

Looking forward to everyone else's responses!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle slipkid 10/1/12 4:14 PM
Country you live in: U.S.
Subdivision of the country: Columbus, Ohio
Gender: M
Age: 52
Career: High School Spanish Teacher (In my 30th year)
College Major(s)/Degrees: B.A.-Spanish, M.A.-Foreign Language Education (both from The Ohio State University)
Number of Years Sporcling: Just over 2
Tom/slipkid

Re: Real life people at Sporcle mselby 10/1/12 4:16 PM
This thread should be fun.

Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Seattle, Washington
Gender: Male
Age: 30
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Product Manager at Sporcle
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BA in Digital Arts
Number of Years Sporcling: Started at Sporcle exactly 2 years ago (October 1st,  2010)

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Cryptus <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: Real life people at Sporcle popestcyril 10/1/12 4:18 PM
popestcyril here (Cyril is my patron saint, one of the most loveable and biggest SOB's ever to be canonized.)  (David is my legal name.)

I live in Pennsylvania, USA
I am male
52

I teach Mathematics and History in an inner city public school (though I have been a truck driver, cab driver, monk, and several other things.)
I also teach (and trained until training all went online) test prep for Kaplan, mostly LSAT, but also GRE, GMAT, SAT, and the non science portions of the MCAT and DAT.
I also tutor online for tutor.com
And, because 3 jobs aren't enough, I tutor in an after school program.

I have a B.A. in Biblical Literature cum laude from (now defunct) Northeastern Bible College; M.Div. magna cum laude from St. Tikhon's Russian Orthodox Seminary, and; M.Ed. summa cum laude from Kutztown University.  I am presently enrolled in a masters program in Statistics from Penn State, but am not sure I will continue.

I've been Sporcling for a year and a half, after being introduced to it when by the captain of the Scholastic Scrimmage team I coach, who has a published quiz himself on Sporcle (announced the event of the publishing on FB as the happiest day of his life!)

Cyril
Re: Real life people at Sporcle triplet_3 10/1/12 4:25 PM

Country you live in: United Kingdom
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Hertfordshire
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Archivist
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BA History and Music, MA Archives and Records Management
Number of Years Sporcling: 1 1/2
Re: Real life people at Sporcle BanjoZebra 10/1/12 5:07 PM
A few of these, I don't feel so comfortable about answering. I'll just answer the ones that I'm comfortable to answer:

Country I live in: United States
Subdivision: ---
Gender: Male
Age: 11
Career: Student, Aspiring Graphic Designer
College Major Degrees: [none]
Number of years Sporcling: a little more than a year.
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/1/12 5:11 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Hejman 10/1/12 5:37 PM
Always fun to know more about people.  For example, I didn't know until he became an editor that slipkid lives about 20 minutes from me.  (Insert rousing chorus of "It's A Small World" here):

Country I live in: United States
Subdivision: Delaware, Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 37
Career: Magistrate/Court Administrator- Delaware County Juvenile Court.  In addition I also write a weekly newspaper column and call play-by-play for a summer collegiate wood bat baseball league.
College Major Degrees: B.S. in Political Science (Hiram College), J.D. (The Ohio State University)
Number of years Sporcling: 4+  (Created an account in August 2008)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle mcomisky 10/1/12 5:40 PM
This is a neat idea, but I'm not going to answer all of the questions.

Country you live in: USA
Gender: Male
Career: Student
Number of Years Sporcling: Almost 2 and a half years (started in June 2010)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle LTH 10/1/12 8:14 PM
Country: USA
City & State: Seattle, WA
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Career: Raw minerals
College/Degree: University of Washington - BA Econ
Number of years Sporcling: Over 3 (April 2009)
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/1/12 10:11 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Socc13r37 10/1/12 10:12 PM
I thought I'll put in my info.

Country you live in: Australia
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Sydney, NSW
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student, part-time receptionist, aspiring artist.
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Arts.
Number of Months Sporcling: 11.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle druhutch 10/1/12 10:34 PM
@BanjoZebra: Wow...good on you. When I was that age...jeez. I don't know what I was doing. Actually I probably would've been doing this if the internet had existed. I think I was listening to Nirvana or something.
Country: U.S.
Grew up in Houston, Texas and left my heart in Austin, TX. For the past 9 years or so I've been living on and off in New York ****ing City.
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Career: Actor, but try not to hold that against me. Actually, I'm in a GE commercial that's currently airing in the U.S. Wanna see it? :P (that link may only work if you're on Facebook.)
College, etc.: BA in Theatre 2003; MFA in Theatre 2011
Number of years Sporcling: I believe it will be 2 come November.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle popestcyril 10/2/12 1:27 AM
druhutch

I thought your face looked familiar...have you by any chance done the PA Shakespeare Festival at DeSales in the Allentown area?

Cyril

Re: Real life people at Sporcle sufradley 10/2/12 2:21 AM
Sporclers are real? Who knew?
I think my biggest surprise has been slipkid, I think from your user name I assumed you were 1) a kid and 2) Into slipknot (which you may well be!)
Country you live in: UK
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): England
Gender: Female
Age: 34
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Science Teacher
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college) BSc Genetics, PhD Cancer Genetics
Number of years sporcling: Just over 2 years
Re: Real life people at Sporcle JS7744 10/2/12 3:18 AM
Why not, I will answer some of these, very good idea SproutCM, I have also been curious about the other people that I have talked to on Sporcle, and played games made by these people. So here it is:

Country you live in: United States of America
    Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc): Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 12
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): student, aspiring baseball player
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): None
Number of Years Sporcling: Under a Year (Started December 2011)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle puckett86 10/2/12 4:47 AM
Country: U.S.A.
State: Maryland
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Career: Software Engineer
College Major(s)/Degrees: B.S. Mathematics, M.S. Applied Mathematics
Number of Years Sporcling: 2 1/2+
Social Security Number: haha yeah right
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Quizmaster91 10/2/12 5:46 AM
Country you live in: The Netherlands
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Nijmegen, Gelderland (near the border with Germany)
Gender: Male
Age: 20 (21 in 4 days)
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student (BA Business Communication)
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): None yet
Number of Years Sporcling: Almost 2 years, since + november 2010
Re: Real life people at Sporcle smreidy113 10/2/12 6:22 AM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Philadelphia, PA (originally Washington, DC)
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student/Research Fellow
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Mechanical Engineering/Physics (hopefully!) from the University of Pennsylvania
Number of Years Sporcling: 3 (since May 2009)

Re: Real life people at Sporcle milgita 10/2/12 6:36 AM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Texas
Gender: F
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): High School Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): none
Number of Years Sporcling: about 1

--
milgita

Re: Real life people at Sporcle AdmiralMaxtreme 10/2/12 7:18 AM
Country you live in:  United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.):  Columbus, Ohio
Gender:  Male
Age:  24
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc):  Software Engineer
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college):  BS in Computer Science & Engineering from The Ohio State University
Number of Years Sporcling:  5 (since October-ish of 2007)

- AdmiralMaxtreme
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/2/12 7:22 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle skuban 10/2/12 7:25 AM
Country: Canada
Area: Raised in Brampton Ontario, currently studying in Waterloo, ON
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Career: Student in co-op; most recent co-op job, Statistical Analyst in London, ON
University Degree: Statistics Major, Computer Science minor
Years Sporcling: Began playing games Sept-Oct 2010; created an account summer 2011; started being active with my account July 2012 (so two years since I first began)

These are interesting demographics. I am surprised at the average age of respondents, as I always thought Sporcle would be popular more among the younger demographics. Who knew!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle druhutch 10/2/12 10:21 AM
No, can't say I have. Done a lot of Shakespeare, but not there.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:34 AM, druhutch <wanna...@hotmail.com> wrote:
@BanjoZebra: Wow...good on you. When I was that age...jeez. I don't know what I was doing. Actually I probably would've been doing this if the internet had existed. I think I was listening to Nirvana or something.
Country: U.S.
Grew up in Houston, Texas and left my heart in Austin, TX. For the past 9 years or so I've been living on and off in New York ****ing City.
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Career: Actor, but try not to hold that against me. Actually, I'm in a GE commercial that's currently airing in the U.S. Wanna see it? :P (that link may only work if you're on Facebook.)
College, etc.: BA in Theatre 2003; MFA in Theatre 2011
Number of years Sporcling: I believe it will be 2 come November.

Re: Real life people at Sporcle rer2121 10/2/12 12:52 PM
Country: United States of America
Subdivision: Delaware (the state, not the Ohio city)
Gender: Male
Age: 12
Career: Student
College Major(s)/Degrees: None
Years Sporcling: A little over a year
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Kate Janzen 10/2/12 12:57 PM

Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Seattle, Washington
Gender: Female
Age: 19
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student and Sporcle Content Associate
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): (in process) BS in Psychology, minor in French; AA Degree
Number of Years Sporcling: Started at Sporcle about 2 years ago
Re: Real life people at Sporcle vikZ 10/2/12 1:36 PM
Country: Canada
Area: Toronto ON but I study in London ON
Gender: Male
Age: 21
Career: Undergraduate student, soon to be actuary
University: Honours Spec. Actuarial Science, and I'm trying to squeeze in a major in Financial Modeling
Years Sporcling: Around 2 years. Made an account Dec 2010, but started making quizzes 13 months ago.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle tobley 10/2/12 2:02 PM
The images I have had in my head about most of these people before today have been quite incorrect.

Country you live in: US
Subdivision of country: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Career: Graduate student (bioengineering)
College Major: BS in chemical engineering
Number of years Sporcling: almost 3

-tobley
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Chair 10/2/12 3:01 PM
This has been a really interesting thread!

Country: USA
Subdivision: Wisconsin is home, but I go to school in Illinois
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Career: Undergraduate, aspiring editor/publisher of children's (YA) fiction.
College Major(s)/Degrees: English (Creative Writing/Fiction) and Classics (Latin)
Years Sporcling: A year and a half

-Chair (Brian)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle needapausebutton 10/2/12 3:10 PM
Country you live in: US
Subdivision of the country: Crashing with friends indefinitely in New England for over a year now (how long can I get away with this?)
Gender: Male
Age: The sum of three of the ages previously posted
Career: Landscaping
College Major(s)/Degrees:  B.S.     No, the other kind.    NO, the OTHER other kind!
Number of Years Sporcling: 1.1666....

Re: Real life people at Sporcle googlebird 10/2/12 4:18 PM
Country: USA
Subdivision: St. Louis, MO
Gender: female
Age: 50 (at least for another week)
Career: Special Education teacher for 27 years (currently at the high school level)
College Major(s)/Degrees: BA in Education
Years Sporcling: 3 years

Seems like there's no such thing as your average "Sporcler"!
Very interesting to learn about the folks behind the little icon and user name.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle RobPro 10/2/12 4:23 PM
I like this!

Country: UK
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): South West
Gender: Male
Age: 20
Career: Student
College Major(s)/Degrees: Currently doing BSc Geology
Number of Years Sporcling: 2.7ish? (Since Jan 2010)
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/3/12 3:57 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle wiggytitch 10/3/12 6:18 AM
Country you live in: UK
Subdivision of the country: Kent (south east)
Gender: Female
Age: 19
Career: Student
College Major(s)/Degrees: Mathematics degree
Number of Years Sporcling: ~2

Some very surprising answers here!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Derek Pharr 10/3/12 8:40 AM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country: Seattle, Washington
Gender: Male
Age: 38
Career: VP of Products
College Major(s)/Degrees: Communications
Number of Years Sporcling: 5+

Derek Pharr, Vice President of Products

t: @dpharr

Sporcle, Inc., Seattle

Re: Real life people at Sporcle titanjmg 10/3/12 11:45 AM
I'm not comfortable with answering all of these, but here's mine:
Country: USA
Age: 11
# of yrs Sporcling: 2 years, but I've only been making quizzes for a few months now
Re: Real life people at Sporcle titanjmg 10/3/12 12:10 PM
Oh yeah, also,
Male
Student (aspiring author/veterinarian)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Dan Munro 10/3/12 2:18 PM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country: Seattle, Washington
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Career: Software Engineer
College Major(s)/Degrees: Anthropology

On Monday, October 1, 2012 3:39:12 PM UTC-7, SproutCM wrote:
[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Aurora Illumina 10/3/12 3:52 PM
Interesting thread. Lots of things I didn't know (though that was to be expected.)

Country you live in: Canada
Subdivision of the country: Ontario
Gender:
Career: Student, but interested in music
College Major(s)/Degrees: Math, a bit of Computer Science (but not too much)
Number of Years Sporcling: Just over two

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Toby123 10/3/12 10:53 PM
Country you live in: England, UK
Gender: Male
Age: 15
Career (student, aspiring Doctor, Sporcle editor): Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): 2As and 5Bs n my GCSEs so far!
Number of Years Sporcling: just over one year (July 2011)

Interesting thread!!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Nanners 10/4/12 11:58 AM
Wow, yeah a lot of surprises here. I think I'm more shocked by people's ages rather than anything else.

Country: United States
City: Seattle (although I'm a transplant and would like to give a shout out to all the fellow Texans on this thread)
Gender: Female
Age: 24
Career: Sporcle Content Associate and Student (double majoring in Russian/Eastern European Studies and Linguistics, also picking up a minor in Biology)
Number of Years Sporcling: Almost 2....

-Nanners

Re: Real life people at Sporcle MrChewypoo 10/4/12 12:37 PM
Country you live in: Canada
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): The cold part
Gender: Male
Age: Pushing 40 (my God, that looks old when I type it!)
Career: Director of IT (no, not the Stephen King adaptation)
College Major(s)/Degrees: BSc Computers, minored in beer
Number of Years Sporcling:3 yearsish

- MrChewypoo

unk...@googlegroups.com 10/4/12 8:05 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Aurora Illumina 10/4/12 8:08 PM
Hm, I think I should have proofread my facts before posting. I was not on Sporcle for two years; I probably mistook the date with something else I did online. Corrected version below:

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:52:02 PM UTC-4, Aurora Illumina wrote:
Interesting thread. Lots of things I didn't know (though that was to be expected.)

Country you live in: Canada
Subdivision of the country: Ontario
Gender:
Career: Student, aspiring to do something in music
College Major(s)/Degrees: Math, a bit of Computer Science (but not too much)
Number of Years Sporcling: About 1.25 years

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Gregoire 10/5/12 7:16 PM
Country you live in:  United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.):  North Reading, Massachusetts
Gender:  Male
Age:  34
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc):  Sales Engineer
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college):  BS in Electrical Engineering
Number of Years Sporcling:  Just got started a few months ago
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Gregoire 10/5/12 7:20 PM
Oh and I should add for all of you Seattleites (that is what you go by isn't it?) that yes, my name is in fact Chris Gregoire... but not THAT Chris Gregoire, I promise :)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Colmar 10/6/12 12:02 AM
 I just discovered Sporcle University, I had been on vacation during the opening.

Country you live in: Canada
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Born/raised in Mississauga but currently in Ottawa.
Gender: M
Age: 18
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student in uOttawa, aspiring Foreign Services Officer.
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Currently in Poli Sci w/ French Immersion
Number of Years Sporcling: Just over 1.5 years, found Sporcle when I was trying to find a world capitals quiz and Geography is still my favourite category. (unless it's an alphabetical geography quiz!)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle teddy109768 10/6/12 3:25 AM

I live in the U.S., around Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
Male
15
Hoping to be a physicist.
High School still.
I've been sporcling for about 2.75 yearsish.

On Oct 1, 2012 6:39 PM, "SproutCM" <sproutc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am kind of curious, because I really wonder what the demographic is like of people who are very dedicated to Sporcle and make or take lots of quizzes. I'm sure some patterns exist, and those of us who are editors all kinda know about each other in real life, but the curators and other dedicated users are more of a mystery.  So, I'd like to start a census of sorts for the people who frequent Sporcle U.  All questions are optional, or may be left vague (like age, you can say your actual age, a ball park, or nothing). Feel free to leave things blank, but don't distort things.
>
> Country you live in:
> Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.):
> Gender:
> Age:

> Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc):
> College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college):
> Number of Years Sporcling:
>
> ---
> Here are my answers:
>
> Country you live in: United States
> Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Boston, Massachusetts
> Gender: Male
> Age: 41
> Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Chemistry professor
> College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): AB and PhD in Chemistry
> Number of Years Sporcling: just over 3 years (Since May 2009)

Re: Real life people at Sporcle THEJMAN 10/6/12 10:24 AM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Buffalo Grove, Illinois (northwest suburbs of Chicago)
Gender: male
Age: 16 (or 4, depending on how you count age)
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): n/a
Number of Years Sporcling: just under 3 years (since Nov. 2009)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle triplet_3 10/7/12 7:24 AM
Thejman, just out of interest, were you born on February 29th? Also...random fact but for quite a long time I read your username in my head as 'T Hej Man', not 'The J Man'! :p
Re: Real life people at Sporcle theshliz 10/7/12 11:52 AM
Country you live in: Canada
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Burlington, Ontario
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Business Economics (Currently in 2nd year)
Number of Years Sporcling: 3+ (since March 2009)

On Monday, October 1, 2012 6:39:12 PM UTC-4, SproutCM wrote:
[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle TheBestDRose 10/13/12 8:37 AM
Country I live in: United States
Subdivision: Deerfield, Illinois
Gender: Male
Age: 11
Career: Student
Number of years Sporcling: just about 1
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Scout_Number_4 10/13/12 11:13 PM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Oregon City, Oregon
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Electrical Sales
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BSEE (you can't spell geek without a Double E)
Number of Years Sporcling: 3+ Gracious, this wonderful site has evolved a ton since I first discovered it.
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/23/12 1:12 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Ellix 10/23/12 1:21 AM
Country: Canada, ON
Gender: M
Age: 24
Career: Pharmacy Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): B.Sc Toxicology; B.Sc Pharmacy candidate
Number of Years Sporcling: 4+ (Sep, 2008)

Wow, has it really been that long? I don't clearly remember but I'm pretty sure it was one of either Pokemon (Gen I), or the Periodic Table which lured me to the site. :p

I'll be honest, this thread has mainly surprised me in how some Sporcle regulars I thought were female are actually male, and vice versa. I guess avatars are definitely worse than book covers for judgement.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Maphead 10/24/12 10:03 AM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.) Olympia, WA
Gender: Male
Age: 15
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): None, yet.
Number of Years Sporcling: 1
Re: Real life people at Sporcle RobPro 12/3/12 12:20 AM
*bump* In case others missed this or are interested in it :P
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Aurora Illumina 12/3/12 5:59 AM
I feel like I should take this opportunity to explain the lack of a gender marker in my post... If I was able to change my Sporcle username, I would want to do so, but alas, I can't. Here's the explanation I posted on YouTube.

Sorry for being misleading. :(
Aurora Illumina is multiple people disguised as a single person.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle MovieGuru 12/3/12 9:24 AM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Minnesota
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Software Designer
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Computer Science, Math
Re: Real life people at Sporcle NC_Watson 12/4/12 12:54 AM
Country: United States
Subdivision: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Career: Librarian
Degrees: BA in History and Religion; MS in Library Science
Long time Sporcler (2009?), just recently started making quizzes
Real life people at Sporcle Spacemaniac 12/8/12 10:27 AM
Country you live in: Israel
Gender: Male
Age: 14
Career: Student (aspiring Graphic Designer)
Real life people at Sporcle Headers2304 12/21/12 1:32 PM
Hi Guys! Just joining this new forum format, and looking forward to getting to know all of you, so I just thought I would share something about me.

Country: United Kingdom
Subdivision: Guernsey (Crown Dependency of the United Kingdom)
Gender: Male
Age: 15 2/3
Career: Aspiring Mathematician
Honours/Degrees: GCSE Mathematics A* completed 18 months early
Time Sporcling: 11 months

unk...@googlegroups.com 12/21/12 1:33 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Lee DiGeorge 12/21/12 7:58 PM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): New York / New York City
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Middle School Teacher
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Undergrad: SUNY Stony Brook. Grad/Doctoral (in progress): University of Southern California.
Number of Years Sporcling: At least 3. Hell if I remember :)

[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Erik Siersdale 1/4/13 8:30 AM
Kind of strange that the person who started the topic, Sprout, lives within the MBTA network as I do.

Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Health Insurance Business Analyst
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Working on MBA
Number of Years Sporcling: Started late 2008

---
Here are my answers:

Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Boston, Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 41
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Chemistry professor
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): AB and PhD in Chemistry
Number of Years Sporcling: just over 3 years (Since May 2009)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Nash61 1/4/13 2:49 PM
County: Canada
Gender: Male
Age:12
Career: Aspiring Graphic Designer
#of years Sporcling: 3

[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle goseaward 1/4/13 9:09 PM
Counting my answers below, 53 people have answered this poll & still have their answers up.  The stats:

85% male, 15% female.  Median age 23, mean age 24.9, of those who gave concrete ages.  25% under the age of 18, and all of them who gave gender were male.  34 of 53 live in the US, 8 each in Canada and the UK, plus one each from New Zealand, Australia, and Israel.  A little older and more male than I was expecting, personally...

Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Pennsylvania
Gender: Female
Age: 28
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Astronomer
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BS physics & astronomy, PhD astrophysics
Number of Years Sporcling: about 2
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Spacemaniac 1/12/13 1:36 PM
Oh sorry, I forgot how many years I'm sporcling for. On my profile it says I created my account on May 5th 2011 (which is true), but I've only been using my account actively since September 2012 (although I created a few quizzes before then).
Re: Real life people at Sporcle ChileNoseJam 1/14/13 3:06 PM
Country you live in: UK
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Norfolk
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Teacher
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BSc maths
Number of Years Sporcling: 3 and a bit
Re: Real life people at Sporcle NYYanks 1/28/13 7:03 PM

Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): New Jersey
Gender: Male
Age: 15
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): High School Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): none yet
Number of Years Sporcling: 15 months
Re: Real life people at Sporcle beforever 1/28/13 7:23 PM
Country you live in: United Kingdom, but originally from Hong Kong
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Canterbury, Kent
Gender: M
Age: 18
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): University student, aspiring forensic anthropologist
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BSc Anthropology
Number of Years Sporcling: Since March 1st 2009
Re: Real life people at Sporcle iglew 1/28/13 8:11 PM
I just signed up for Sporcle University.

Country you live in:  United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Snohomish County, Washington (about 20 minutes north of Seatle)
Gender: male
Age: 47
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc):  tax accountant
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): never went to college (No Sporcla Cum Laude badge for me!)
Number of Years Sporcling: The day after tomorrow is my one-year anniversary.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Caramba 1/30/13 11:24 AM
Country you live in:  Canada
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): British Columbia (about 2 hours north of Seattle)
Gender: male
Age: 51
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc):  database developer
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Diplomas in Business Admin/Systems Admin
Number of Years Sporcling: 3 1/2
Re: Real life people at Sporcle razorz 1/30/13 5:26 PM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country: Maryland
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Career: Business Process Analyst
College Major(s)/Degrees: BA & MBA
Number of Years Sporcling: 2 (didn't start making quizzes for about 6 months)

Re: Real life people at Sporcle CaseyLeigh 1/31/13 3:17 PM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): South Carolina
Gender: Female
Age: 25
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): museum professional
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BA in Anthropology and History, MA in Museum Studies and Art History
Number of Years Sporcling: about 2.5

[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle JoeBeta 2/12/13 7:19 AM

Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country: trapped bouncing back and forth between Maine and New York (due to real estate market collapse), eventually (hopefully) just Maine
Gender: Male
Age: 61
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): retired letter carrier
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): one year of college which was so much fun that I couldn't bear to stay.
Number of Years Sporcling: 8 months

Re: Real life people at Sporcle egraus 2/13/13 3:33 PM
Country:  United States
City/State: Voorhees, NJ
Gender:  Male
Age:  31
Career:  Civil Engineer (I work in land development)
College Major(s)/Degrees:  Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Widener University, Chester, PA,  Class of 2004.
Sporcle Age:  I started Sporcling about 2 years ago.  I downloaded the mobile app from Amazon's Android App Store when it was the featured app of the day.  I played on my mobile phone all the time, but I never made an account.  Just this past week I finally checked out Sporcle on my laptop computer and created an account.  It is so much easier typing answers on my computer keyboard than on my mobile phone!   I also am looking forward to creating my first Sporcle Quiz soon!

Re: Real life people at Sporcle hscer 2/13/13 5:21 PM
25 year old male from Virginia, USA, currently "using" my History B. A. for non-profit work. I will have been on Sporcle for four years come March.

I think that covered all of it...

[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Ubbiebubbie 2/13/13 5:47 PM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): I'll pass.
Gender: Male
Age: 13
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Aspiring author, maybe. I don't know.
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): None, but that's just me being lazy.
Number of Years Sporcling: Almost 2 (April 2011), but I started actually creating quizzes February 2012
Re: Real life people at Sporcle beforever 2/13/13 8:41 PM
Can I just say that I lied about my age before. I'm actually 21, not 18, and I have no idea why I typed 18 the first time. I guess I subconsciously wanted to be younger? But speaking of young...

BanjoZebra (11)
BuddyBoy77 (12)
rer2121 (12)
titanjmg (11)
Toby123 (15)
teddy109768 (15)
THEJMAN (16)
TheBestDRose (11)
Maphead (15)
Spacemaniac (14)
Headers2304 (15)
NYYanks (15)
Ubbiebubbie (13)

I just wanted to say I find it amazing that you guys are under 18 and have demonstrated the tremendous thirsts for knowledge that you have via Sporcle... like, I am in utter awe at the number and caliber of quizzes you all have made, your various (some very coveted) curatorship roles, your hundreds of comments, and your thousands of quiz plays. I mean, being a curator is quite a job for all of us, but when you're that young and yet so wise and astute when making picks, giving advice, getting involved on Sporcle University - boy, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to put that in your CV one day, you know? 'Cause when I was your age, I wasn't even remotely as interested in the world's complexity as you have shown you are, let alone interested in 'organizing' the knowledge I had gained, testing the knowledge that I had, or using my knowledge to bring joy and education to others. Now as I've discovered (through my university degree) that I want to work in academia one day, the sorts of things you guys do are really, really admirable to me sheerly because of your age, and wonderful to see. Like it actually makes me happy inside that there are young teens out there that dig this sort of stuff.

Some of you are 11?!
Crazy!

You are all going to be so successful in the future at whatever you're going to want to do, no doubt about it.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle iglew 2/13/13 10:01 PM
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:41:31 PM UTC-8, beforever wrote:
[...] 'Cause when I was your age, I wasn't even remotely as interested in the world's complexity [...]

It makes me smile to see you say "when I was your age", when you yourself are only 21!

When *I* was your age ... well, for starters the Internet didn't exist yet.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle druhutch 2/14/13 12:33 AM
@beforever: Well, they're either all a bunch of liars, or a bunch of Doogie Howsers. Ironically, if it's the latter, then they would not understand that reference.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Spacemaniac 2/14/13 12:50 AM
I'm the most surprised by BanjoZebra, the amount of great quizzes he makes,and the quiz contests. WOW!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Headers2304 2/14/13 3:17 AM
Beforever:

I can assure you that I am not lying! :)

I think that it is a great time at the moment to be on Sporcle, with so many young people willing to come and spend their time on such a site, sharing their knowledge and ideas with such a large community. If such a high standard can be kept, then there will be plenty of excellent Sporclers left in the years to come, and to be honest, I should really be studying more, but there isn't much to do aside from that in Guernsey. :)

Re: Real life people at Sporcle NYYanks 2/14/13 3:24 AM
Thanks beforever for the post! Glad to hear that. @druhutch I am not lying, trust me.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle mcomisky 2/14/13 4:43 AM
Well, I never gave my age when I posted here earlier, but I also fit into this age range :)

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:41:31 PM UTC-5, beforever wrote:
Re: Real life people at Sporcle tylercarson 2/14/13 5:26 AM
Well, I never gave any information about me, but I also fit into this age range.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Spacemaniac 2/14/13 12:51 PM
And I'm actually 14.
unk...@googlegroups.com 3/7/13 8:42 PM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 3/7/13 8:53 PM <This message has been deleted.>
unk...@googlegroups.com 3/8/13 10:45 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle arctanproject 3/8/13 11:52 AM
Hello everyone!

For more about me, see this post in Sporcle University.

Country you live in: Canada
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Toronto, ON
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Accountant
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): MAcc, BMath
Number of Years Sporcling: Introduced to Sporcle by Badly Drawn Faces for iOS in October. Account created in December, started making quizzes in February

Cheers,

[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle sufradley 4/18/13 3:39 PM
Since there seems to be a few new names of late I thought this could do with a bump.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Erik Siersdale 4/18/13 6:26 PM
While useful, this concept gets creepy when you think you walk by one of the Sporcle Editors in the college parking lot and don't know what to say.

On Friday, January 4, 2013 11:30:02 AM UTC-5, Erik Siersdale wrote:
[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle NC_Watson 4/18/13 8:41 PM
I know there are some others here who live in Carrboro, but despite it being a small town, unless somebody sees me with my laptop open to Sporcle at the coffee shop, I can't imagine we'd ever spot each other.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Hullabaloo 4/19/13 3:00 AM

Country you live in: United Kingdom
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Kent, England
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Working my way towards being a lawyer - only 2 years left till fully qualified, hopefully!
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Degree in Law.
Number of Years Sporcling: Since 2010
Re: Real life people at Sporcle beforever 4/19/13 6:36 AM
Really? I study at the University of Kent, you know. Hi, neighbor.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Hullabaloo 4/19/13 8:02 AM
Bloody hell, small world. You based in Canterbury then?

I've lived in Maidstone all my life actually, except that I studied in Nottingham for my degree.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle beforever 4/19/13 8:10 AM
Yup, but about to graduate this July. Waiting for an offer for a Master's program at Cambridge or UCL now.

I've been to Maidstone a couple times - I like the town museum there. :)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Hullabaloo 4/19/13 8:40 AM
Not the nicest place to live, Maidstone.

Canters is nice though, my brother goes to Christ Church Uni. Got some mates at Kent uni aswell.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Rackie 4/20/13 2:07 PM
First time posting in this group (and first time using Google groups, trying to get my head around it too!) Thought this would be as good a place as any to start!

Country you live in: UK
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): My hometown is Reading, but I'm currently living in Bristol because I'm at Bristol University
Gender: Female
Age: 22
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student, but also working part time at a cinema
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): In my final year of doing a BSc in Zoology, hoping to do a Masters in Computer Science next!
Number of Years Sporcling: 5 years now! Joined in June 2008, though I was Sporcling for a while before I made an account!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Cryptus 4/20/13 7:49 PM
I count 4 Kent-based Sporclers in this thread (including me). Woo!
@Hullabaloo I feel your pain, living in Medway (although I escape for 9 months of the year to Royal Holloway, so it's not all bad :P)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Josh C. 4/21/13 11:23 AM

On Monday, October 1, 2012 6:39:12 PM UTC-4, SproutCM wrote:
I am kind of curious, because I really wonder what the demographic is like of people who are very dedicated to Sporcle and make or take lots of quizzes. I'm sure some patterns exist, and those of us who are editors all kinda know about each other in real life, but the curators and other dedicated users are more of a mystery.  So, I'd like to start a census of sorts for the people who frequent Sporcle U.  All questions are optional, or may be left vague (like age, you can say your actual age, a ball park, or nothing). Feel free to leave things blank, but don't distort things.

Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 12
Career: aspiring judge
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): a bit too young
Number of Years Sporcling: 1 and 3 months (averaging 4 quizzes/day, but that is steadily increasing)

---

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Spacemaniac 4/21/13 12:30 PM
@Josh C. You've got me wondering… What's your username/handle?
Re: Real life people at Sporcle mrsiriustab 4/21/13 1:20 PM
It would be cool if all users had their preferred Google Groups name followed up by their Sporcle name in parentheses or something like that. Like John Doe (WarmApplePie).
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Rackie 4/21/13 1:28 PM
And the same avatars, half the time I recognise people by their avatar rather than their handle!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle beforever 4/21/13 1:44 PM
I just changed me avatar for that reason. I don't really use other Google stuff actively, these forums are it. So might as well make it consistent with my Sporcle picture. If I remember correctly, it's actually a colored pencil drawing done by an artist of a grapefruit slice. I chose it so it'd be easy to spot my own comment underneath quizzes.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle mrsiriustab 4/21/13 1:49 PM
So that's what that is, beforever. I wasn't sure what your icon was, ever since I created the mrsiriustab account. My original picture was a drawing of the sun I made and scanned to my computer, but when I saw yours, it looked like the same thing. So I changed it to a picture of my dog Sirius, for whom my account is named.

And yes, I recently changed by Google Groups picture to my icon as well.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Josh C. 4/21/13 1:57 PM
Spacemaniac-I'm amazingjosh (crappy username, I know, but 11-year old me couldn't do much better)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Rackie 4/21/13 2:22 PM
I can't see beforever's avatar on here.  But I still don't quite understand Google Groups, so I expect the reason is at my end -  I don't find it as easy to navigate as normal fora but maybe that's just me!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle kcostell 4/21/13 3:40 PM

Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country: Riverside, California (about an hour east of LA)
Gender: Male
Age: 31
Career: Math Professor
College Majors: Did my undergrad in Math and Economics, then switched to just math for a PhD
Number of Years Sporcling: 3 years (since April 2010)
Other interests: I sing in a local chorale, and am quite accomplished at mangling what would normally be beautiful pieces of music when I try and play them at my keyboard. I'm also a sucker for board and card games of all types.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle brocko 5/14/13 2:36 AM

Country you live in: United Kingdom
Subdivision of the country: Southampton, Hampshire
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Career: Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Currently studying Medicine
Number of Years Sporcling: Just over 3 years (Dec 2009)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle TheCleverone (Erin) 5/14/13 5:24 AM

Country you live in: UK
Subdivision of the country: Essex
Age: Rather not say, but below 20
Career: Student
Number of years Sporcling: Just over 1
Re: Real life people at Sporcle zaphenath 5/14/13 7:40 AM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country: Colorado
Gender: Male
Age: 50 (gasp)
Career: Pastor (former music educator)
College Major(s)/Degrees: BMus, Cal State Long Beach; MDiv, The Master's Seminary
Number of Years Sporcling: less than 1
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Mic747 5/14/13 12:08 PM
well, why not?

Country you live in: Netherlands
Subdivision: Veluwe, Gelderland (Central)
Gender: Male
Age: 17
Career: Doing exams from secondary school these weeks, going to study Advanced Technology at Universiteit Twente
Number of Year sporcling, little over a third.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle TheCleverone (Erin) 5/14/13 10:55 PM
That reminds me, I forgot to say that I am an aspiring astrophysicist
Re: Real life people at Sporcle brocko 5/15/13 5:06 PM
Oh is that what it is!? For some reason I've never really looked properly and whenever I glanced at it I always (until now) thought it was the Eye of Sauron... I think if they'd replaced it with half a citrus fruit in the films if would've had a bit less impact...
Re: Real life people at Sporcle milgita 5/16/13 5:25 AM
AHAHA! I thought it was Sauron's eye too!

milgita
Re: Real life people at Sporcle beforever 5/16/13 7:22 AM

You cannot hide. I see you!
There is not life in the void, only death!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle zaphenath 5/16/13 7:59 AM
Does this mean that grapefruit are evil?  There goes breakfast . . .
Re: Real life people at Sporcle milgita 5/16/13 2:23 PM
Noooooo! O.o

milgita
unk...@googlegroups.com 6/5/13 4:25 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Bombay Sapphire 6/5/13 5:07 PM
   Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Wisconsin
Gender: M
Age: 53
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Retired postman/postmaster and disc jockey
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Postmodern Philosophy, where all the money is :-þ
Number of Years Sporcling: 2½

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Tolkienite 6/7/13 5:53 AM
Country you live in: United Kingdom
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Hampshire, in the south of England
Gender: Female
Age: 17
Career: Student
College Major(s)/Degrees: None
Number of Years Sporcling: around 2 years, was playing on sporcle for a while before creating an account
unk...@googlegroups.com 6/9/13 8:32 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Quizmaster91 6/10/13 1:32 PM
Yeah, thanks for rubbing in how us old farts haven't accomplished as much as you youngsters (and making me feel like an underachieving 80-year old) ;)

Qm91 (an underachieving 21-year old)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle sufradley 6/10/13 2:21 PM
Well thanks Qm91, being an old fart at 21 makes us 35 year olds feel like real spring chickens!

Cue response from those actual oldies....
Re: Real life people at Sporcle iglew 6/10/13 2:36 PM
Well, I'm 47, so to me you thirtysomethings are young whippersnappers.

<Waits to see who's next...>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle zaphenath 6/10/13 2:48 PM
Checking in at 50.  If you listen closely you can hear my muscles atrophy and my bones fossilize through this post . . .
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Bombay Sapphire 6/10/13 3:41 PM
To paraphrase Tom Lehrer, it's humbling to realize how little I have accomplished. By the time Mozart was my age, he had been dead for 18 years.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Quizmaster91 6/10/13 4:47 PM
By the way: I see the comment I responded to has been removed. I'm sad to see this. Not only because my own comment (and the hilarious string of comments following it) doesn't make sense anymore, but moreover because it wasn't my intention getting it removed. My comment was more joking than angry (and I have the feeling the ones after mine are so too) so I'm sorry if I came across as offended. I actually thought the comment was interesting, since I love stats (FYI: the original comment was along the lines of how most of the commenters on this blog aged 13 and under are male, and that they generally hold higher curator posts than the respondents over 13yo).
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Josh C. 6/10/13 4:50 PM
Yes, I did remove the comment. I was not sure how it would be received after all, even though if was just noticing the demographics of Sporclers.

Sorry😢

--Josh
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Puzzgal 6/11/13 12:17 PM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country: St. Louis, Missouri
Gender: Female
Age: I just turned 30, but I act and feel like I'm still 22 ;)
Career: Admin/Assistant Director of Theatre at a university
College Major: B.S. in Business Administration and Management, Theatre minor
Number of Years Sporcling: 1
unk...@googlegroups.com 6/12/13 9:36 AM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Caramba 6/12/13 9:52 AM
@devils917

83?!? Ok you win.

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:36:58 AM UTC-7, devils917 wrote:
Country: US
Subdivision: Nashville, TN
Age: 83
Career: Photographer
College Major: Journalism
Number of Years Sporcling: 1/365

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Spacemaniac 6/12/13 9:53 AM
Wait. I think I remember NYYanks saying that he introduced you to Sporcle and he's only 15.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Real life people at Sporcle NYYanks 6/12/13 10:31 AM
Yea the account does belong to my friend, but he did mention that his whole family uses it. One of his relatives must of just discovered SU.
unk...@googlegroups.com 8/19/13 1:57 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Esvadude 8/19/13 2:59 PM
Country: 'Murica
Area: Virginia
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Career: College student
College Degrees: Double majoring in Geography and Biology (Senior Year!!!)
Years Sporcling: 2 Years, 9 Months

Re: Real life people at Sporcle CCCP 8/19/13 7:28 PM
Country: Kanata (Canada)
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Hamilton, Ontario
Gender: Male
Age: Dix-neuf
Career: Student
Years Sporcling: Just over 5 years now (discovered Sporcle in 2008 but made my account in 2009, the day before sproutcm).

*Side note: Neat idea Chris!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle geshmonkey 10/10/13 2:03 PM
I can't say how many times I've brushed over this thread and not contributed, but here goes:

Country you live in: UK (England)
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): London(-ish), actually East Region
Gender: Male
Age: 13
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Couch-sitting, homeworking, not-at-all-careerish-but-just-for-fun-water-polo
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): I'd say I'm about 37 degrees, roughly speaking.
Number of Years Sporcling: Quite a while casually, but member for just over a year I think.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Aprilli 10/10/13 2:04 PM

Hi everyone! I haven't been active here in sporcle university, but I will start now! :)
Country you live in: Finland
Gender: Female
Age: 31
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Librarian
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): B.A. and M.A. in History.
    Number of Years Sporcling: 4 years. My brother introduced Sporcle to me. He says that it's his best birthday and christmas gift ever to me.

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Fusty 10/10/13 2:20 PM
Country you live in: England. Okay, the UNITED KINGDOM (just put that in for Sporclers)
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Cheshire, basically the north west of england.
Gender: Male. I think.
Age: 17
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): I'm getting some a levels but I dont know what that compares to in america (they're done from ages 16 to 18 or so, so I think they may be the equivilent of college majors). I'm doing maths and further (more difficult) maths, chemistry and physics (which I dispise, except the astronomy part).
Number of Years Sporcling: According to my account, feb 2012 was when I started so 20 months. but I think I started playing quizzes a couple of months before then.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Mateo56 10/10/13 2:40 PM
Hadn't seen this thread before, but after Quizmaster91's suggestion to read through might as well throw my hat in the arena!

Country you live in: UK
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Royal Leamington Spa (though from the London/Essex grey-area)
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Physics Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Physics Masters (hopefully)
Number of Years Sporcling: 2 or so, only subscribed for 6 months.

I must say I expected the general demographic to be of a slightly higher age. In a nice way, as everyone on here seems so knowledgeable!

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Mateo56 10/10/13 2:41 PM
And have just realised the irony after Fusty's post!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Funnyfavorer101 10/10/13 4:31 PM
Wow, looking back at everything here, I'm also surprised at the young age of most of us around here!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Funnyfavorer101 10/10/13 4:43 PM
I just realized I made a mistake in my last one. Here's my actual stuff:

Country: USA
Area: Portland, OR
Gender: F
Age: Not quite 13
Career: None, but I want to be a mechanical engineer/musician/artist
College Degrees: None
# of Years Sporcling: 1-1/2
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Scotty (usmcfunkymunky) 10/11/13 7:06 AM
Country I live in: USA
State: Ohio (small town)
Age: 14
Career: High school student, aspiring language translator/world traveler
Years Sporcling: 1, but only been seriously quiz making for a couple of months
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Scotty (usmcfunkymunky) 10/11/13 7:06 AM
Btw, I'm male.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Fusty 10/11/13 7:55 AM

On Thursday, 10 October 2013 22:41:59 UTC+1, Mateo56 wrote:
And have just realised the irony after Fusty's post!
What irony?
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Mateo56 10/11/13 10:01 AM
My chosen area of study. In fairness I think certain bits of it are pretty awful to study too.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Bj LeRoy (beejels) 10/11/13 10:09 AM
Hello all, here's my info. @beejels is the Sporcle name.

Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Sheboygan, Wisconsin (Halfway between Green Bay and Milwaukee on Lake Michigan.)
Gender: M
Age: 44
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Geologist, Project Manager (Environment); Athletic coach
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BS - Geology and Geophysics
Number of Years Sporcling: Not yet one, but I'm coming on strong.

---
Here are my answers:

Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Boston, Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 41
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Chemistry professor
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): AB and PhD in Chemistry
Number of Years Sporcling: just over 3 years (Since May 2009)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Fusty 10/11/13 1:37 PM
I want to do an astronomy course at university so I need physics.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Funnyfavorer101 10/11/13 6:20 PM
Same! I'm 12 as well. I wonder how many active Sporclers aren't teenagers or older yet...

On Friday, October 11, 2013 5:35:40 AM UTC-7, Anderson(Blackhawks65) wrote:
I believe that I am one of the youngest active Sporclers on the site, and here's mine:
Re: Real life people at Sporcle DesertSpartan 10/11/13 10:33 PM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Sacramento, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 53
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Compliance Officer/Gaming Expert  (Gambling), I also have side jobs that are far more interesting to most (selling alcohol at sporting events and concerts around the country and as a sports statistician).
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BS: Natural Resources, BS Accounting, MBA
Number of Years Sporcling: about 2 played for awhile before establishing an account
Re: Real life people at Sporcle dlh1231 10/12/13 4:00 PM
Country: United States
State: Charlotte/Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Career: Student
College: University of North Carolina, English major
Number of Years Sporcling: 3 years, since September 2009 (at least I've been making quizzes for that long)

[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle zaphenath 10/12/13 9:34 PM
DesertSpartan, thank you
for being one of the few Sporclers
on here who is older
than me.

;)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Eduardo Virgen 10/12/13 11:43 PM
Country: Mexico
Subdivision of the country: Tijuana, Baja California Norte
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Career: Student Of Psichology
Not a single one degree
Number of Years Sporcling: This is my first week
Re: Real life people at Sporcle DesertSpartan 10/12/13 11:52 PM
Thank God you increased the font, at my age it is hard to see.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Funnyfavorer101 10/13/13 10:51 AM
^^ Nice to see that we've got a new Sporcler who's already found Sporcle U!

√-1 23 π . It was delicious.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle zaphenath 10/13/13 8:21 PM
Only three years behind you -- and the reading glasses are getting stronger all the time.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle connieknonnie 10/14/13 9:41 AM
If only to help zaphenath feel a bit younger or at least less old, it's time to come out of lurkdom.

Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Fort Collins, CO
Gender: female
Age: 69
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Volunteer at local elementary school, teaching second graders strategy games and listening to struggling fifth graders read. I've volunteered at this school long enough that I knew these fifth graders as second graders—they've really changed.
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): AB Religion
Number of Years Sporcling: set up account February 2013 but played off and on for months, perhaps a year, before that

I'm sure the strength of my reading glasses beats yours and I can read this, so I hope you can, zaphenath.

Re: Real life people at Sporcle zaphenath 10/14/13 1:39 PM
Fort Collins!  We're practically neighbors.  Greeley, here.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle churchgeek 10/14/13 3:39 PM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country: California, but I'm from (and intend to return to) Michigan.
Age: early 40s
Career: Working on a PhD in theological aesthetics
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BA in Philosophy and Communication (double major), University of Michigan; MA in Systematic and Philosophical Theology from the Graduate Theological Union (where I'm doing my PhD as well)
Number of Years Sporcling: I don't know. It took me a while to sign up, which I did in August 2011. A couple of years before that, maybe? I discovered Sporcle via someone on Ship of Fools (shipoffools.com).

Re: Real life people at Sporcle DesertSpartan 10/14/13 4:08 PM
@zaphenath and conniekonnie, one of my three degrees is from Colorado State, so I am also tied to Fort Collins.  Llike churchgeek, I was born and raised in Mich and currently live in CA, but I have no intention of permanently returning to Michigan.  I plan to someday return to Las Vegas, where I lived for more than 20 years as a young adult.  I slso own a home in Las Vegas and like the heat and tax structure.  I expect to live the rest of my life somewhere in the west, even if it isn't in Las Vegas.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Funnyfavorer101 10/14/13 4:40 PM
I'm also somewhat attached to the Colorado area, my grandparents live there, right in the middle of the Rockies.

√-1 23 π . It was delicious.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle zaphenath 10/15/13 6:43 AM
@churchgeek and Desert Spartan: I was born and raised in California and lived in Michigan (Port Huron) for four years.  Small world.

On Monday, October 1, 2012 4:39:12 PM UTC-6, SproutCM wrote:
[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Leppyfresh 10/15/13 6:09 PM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): New Jersey
Gender: Male
Age: 18
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): Pursuing MBA
Number of Years Sporcling: Started in 2009, but officially made an account in 2010
Re: Real life people at Sporcle NYYanks 10/15/13 6:34 PM
Yay! A neighbor! :)
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Quentin L. 10/23/13 9:27 AM
Country you live in: Kyrgyzstan
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Osh, Osh Province
Gender: Male
Age: 23
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Doctor
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): English major
Number of years Sporcling: About half an hour, I'm brand new! :)

By the way, my username is QuentinL.

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 1:39:12 AM UTC+3, SproutCM wrote:
[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle TheCleverone (Erin) 10/23/13 11:06 AM
Yeah, do you really live in Kyrgyzstan?!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Quentin L. 10/23/13 11:13 AM
Yes, I really do live in Kyrgyzstan.

But, sadly, I don't think I'll go on Sporcle anymore, Spacemaniac and I are pen pals, and he told me to try out Sporcle, so I did. But it didn't really interest me. :(

Re: Real life people at Sporcle Droxnar 10/23/13 11:58 AM
Hello, Duckies!

Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Houston, TX
Gender: Male
Age: 35
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc): Workforce Management
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): I got an Associates of Arts in Theatre from a community college. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Number of Years Sporcling: Well, I created my account in 2008, played for a bit, then took a 4 year hiatus. I picked it back up about 4 months ago.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle TheCleverone (Erin) 10/23/13 12:37 PM
Wow, that's amazing - a Sporcler from Kyrgyzstan!

Sad to hear about Sporcle not interesting you, though. Well, we'll hope to see you back some time - there's something for everyone on Sporcle!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle skuban 10/23/13 2:50 PM
I'm sure we could find something that interests you. We love you!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Caramba 10/23/13 4:26 PM
Either Kyrgyzstan or Imagermany

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:50:01 PM UTC-7, skuban wrote:
I'm sure we could find something that interests you. We love you!
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Funnyfavorer101 10/23/13 4:25 PM
​Wow, I think the fact that you really do live in Kyrgyzstan just made several Sporclers' days!

It's really too bad that you aren't interested in Sporcle. Like skuban said above, I'm sure there are some quizzes you'd like, if you do a little exploring!​

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM, skuban <stephe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I'm sure we could find something that interests you. We love you!

√-1 23 π . It was delicious.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle Mateo56 10/23/13 4:49 PM
Having had a brief look at your stats Quentin, I can see that you are good at quizzes involving brands and/or angry birds. I can assure you that Sporcle has other excellent quizzes regarding both those topics.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle CCCP 10/23/13 5:00 PM
Play with us Quentin L..... forever.... and ever..... and ever.... Seriously though, do some exploring throughout the site, I am sure you will find a category that interests you or a game type. This truly is a terrific site.

CCCP
unk...@googlegroups.com 10/23/13 5:18 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle corndog 10/23/13 5:29 PM
Country you live in: United States
Subdivision of the country (State, Province, etc.): Austin, TX (though originally from Chicago, IL)
Gender:  Male
Age:  22
Career (student, aspiring artist, lawyer, etc):  Environmental Engineering Graduate Student
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BSE from Calvin College, MSE from UT-Austin (in progress)
Number of Years Sporcling:  3.5
Re: Real life people at Sporcle KansasJayhawk 10/30/13 2:35 PM
Country you live in: USA
Subdivision of the country : Kansas
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Career: That's kind of in flux right now.
College Major(s)/Degrees (if you've started or finished college): BS in Secondary Education
Number of Years Sporcling: 3+.
Re: Real life people at Sporcle druhutch 10/30/13 9:52 PM
Sporcle embraces Kyrgyzstan.
Kyrgyzstan rejects Sporcle.
Sporcle weeps.

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:13:02 PM UTC-4, Quentin L. wrote:
Yes, I really do live in Kyrgyzstan.

But, sadly, I don't think I'll go on Sporcle anymore, Spacemaniac and I are pen pals, and he told me to try out Sporcle, so I did. But it didn't really interest me. :(

unk...@googlegroups.com 11/3/13 10:58 PM <This message has been deleted.>
Re: Real life people at Sporcle mxc_takeshi 11/3/13 11:03 PM
Country you live in:   USA
Subdivision of the country: Cynthiana, Kentucky
Gender: Male
Age: 24
College Major(s)/Degrees: Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Kentucky (2012)
Number of Years Sporcling: Created my account in March 2012 so about 20 months; probably started playing on a regular basis in 2010 or 2011.

[...]

Re: Real life people at Sporcle khands 11/24/13 12:10 AM
Country: USA
Subdivision: from Los Angeles, now in NYC
Gender: female
Age: 23
Career: aspiring lawyer
College: BA in History from Stanford
Re: Real life people at Sporcle milc 11/24/13 1:25 AM
Country you live in: Australia
Subdivision of the country: Sydney, New South Wales
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Career: Student
College Major(s)/Degrees: BA in History (ongoing)
Number of Years Sporcling: 5
Re: Real life people at Sporcle mk31 1/27/14 7:55 PM
Country: US
Gender: Male
Age: 13
Career: Student
[...]