[ANN] Spock 0.6 released

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
[ANN] Spock 0.6 released Peter Niederwieser 3/5/12 6:41 AM
Dear Spock Community,

I'm happy to announce the release of Spock 0.6. This release has been (too) long in the making and brings lots of improvements and fixes. Most notably, Spock 0.6 adds support for Groovy 1.8, Groovy 2.0, and Grails 2.0. No more snapshots for those of you who want to depend on a stable version. For new and improved features, please head over to http://docs.spockframework.org/en/latest/new_and_noteworthy.html, which marks the beginning of our new documentation effort. http://docs.spockframework.org/en/latest/migration_guide.html informs about incompatible changes in this release. We now publish Javadoc at http://javadoc.spockframework.org/0.6-groovy-1.8/ (adapt Groovy version as necessary).

As usual, we publish separate artifacts for each major Groovy version (1.7, 1.8, 2.0). If you aren't sure which Groovy version to choose, we recommend 1.8. Artifacts are available from Maven Central: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/spockframework. The Groovy 2.0 artifacts are based on a pre-release version of Groovy 2.0 and are only available from http://m2repo.spockframework.org/releases.

The Grails Spock plugin is now its own GitHub project at http://github.spockframework.org/spock-grails. The plugin supports both Grails 1.3 and Grails 2.0. Its homepage remains at http://grails.org/plugin/spock.

An updated http://webconsole.spockframework.org lets you drive the latest Spock right from your browser. http://github.spockframework.org/spock-example provides example specifications along with ready-to-go Ant, Gradle, and Maven builds.

Our thanks go to the many supporters of Spock, in particular from the Groovy and Grails communities. Special thanks to the speakers on the NFJS tour, and also the speakers in Europe, who help to spread the word about Spock. Without your support, Spock wouldn't be the same!

Enjoy, and may no bugs be with you.

Peter Niederwieser
Creator, Spock Framework
Twitter: @pniederw
Re: Spock 0.6 released Bobby Warner 3/5/12 8:07 AM
Awesome!  Great work!

Thanks,
Bobby

On Mar 5, 8:41 am, Peter Niederwieser <pnied...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Spock Community,
>
> I'm happy to announce the release of Spock 0.6. This release has been (too)
> long in the making and brings lots of improvements and fixes. Most notably,
> Spock 0.6 adds support for Groovy 1.8, Groovy 2.0, and Grails 2.0. No more
> snapshots for those of you who want to depend on a stable version. For new
> and improved features, please head over tohttp://docs.spockframework.org/en/latest/new_and_noteworthy.html, which
> marks the beginning of our new documentation effort.http://docs.spockframework.org/en/latest/migration_guide.htmlinforms about
> incompatible changes in this release. We now publish Javadoc athttp://javadoc.spockframework.org/0.6-groovy-1.8/(adapt Groovy version as
> necessary).
>
> As usual, we publish separate artifacts for each major Groovy version (1.7,
> 1.8, 2.0). If you aren't sure which Groovy version to choose, we recommend
> 1.8. Artifacts are available from Maven Central:http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/spockframework. The Groovy 2.0 artifacts
> are based on a pre-release version of Groovy 2.0 and are only available
> fromhttp://m2repo.spockframework.org/releases.
>
> The Grails Spock plugin is now its own GitHub project athttp://github.spockframework.org/spock-grails. The plugin supports both
> Grails 1.3 and Grails 2.0. Its homepage remains athttp://grails.org/plugin/spock.
>
> An updatedhttp://webconsole.spockframework.orglets you drive the latest
> Spock right from your browser.http://github.spockframework.org/spock-exampleprovides example
Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released Russel 3/5/12 8:29 AM
[...]

> Spock 0.6 adds support for Groovy 1.8, Groovy 2.0, and Grails 2.0. No more
[...]

Excellent news.  Thanks Peter.

One small issue though, the Groovy 2.0 version isn't in the Maven
repository.  Is this intentional?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russ...@ekiga.net

Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released Peter Niederwieser 3/5/12 8:36 AM
Yes it is. The reason is mentioned in the announcement.

Cheers,
Peter

On Mar 5, 2012, at 5:29 PM, Russel Winder wrote:

> [...]
>> Spock 0.6 adds support for Groovy 1.8, Groovy 2.0, and Grails 2.0. No more
> [...]
>
> Excellent news.  Thanks Peter.
>
> One small issue though, the Groovy 2.0 version isn't in the Maven
> repository.  Is this intentional?

Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released Russel 3/5/12 8:43 AM
On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 17:36 +0100, Peter Niederwieser wrote:
> Yes it is. The reason is mentioned in the announcement.

Ah, Winder fails to RTFM ;-)

Actually this is good since it forces using @GrabResolver...

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russ...@ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: rus...@russel.org.uk

Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released philippj 3/18/12 4:25 AM
The front page http://code.google.com/p/spock/ has a typo

"2011-03-05 Spock 0.6 released"

I assume it should say 2012

"2012-03-05 Spock 0.6 released"

newcomers like me might become afraid "A open-source project thats not updated for a full year, maybe...."
vs "Oh a brand new release, a living open-source project"
Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released Peter Niederwieser 3/18/12 9:28 AM
Thanks for noticing. This has been fixed.

Cheers,
Peter

On Mar 18, 2012, at 7:25 AM, philippj wrote:

> The front page http://code.google.com/p/spock/ has a typo
>
> "2011-03-05 Spock 0.6 released"
>
> I assume it should say 2012
>
> "2012-03-05 Spock 0.6 released"
>
> newcomers like me might become afraid "A open-source project thats not updated for a full year, maybe...."
> vs "Oh a brand new release, a living open-source project"

Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released pangea 3/19/12 7:02 PM
This is awesome news...Does the report extension published ( https://github.com/chanwit/spock-report-html/downloads ) work with spock 0.6 release as well?
Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released Chanwit Kaewkasi 3/19/12 8:09 PM
Hi Aravind,

This report extension has been tested thoroughly (and only) with Spock 0.6.

Cheers,

Chanwit

--
Chanwit Kaewkasi
code.google.com/p/zkgrails

Re: [ANN] Spock 0.6 released Peter Niederwieser 7/5/12 1:20 PM
We don't currently have a place to publish Javadoc, but thankfully Evgeny added us to his Javadoc collection: http://evgeny-goldin.org/javadoc/spock-core/

Cheers,
Peter

On Jul 5, 2012, at 8:44 PM, Jen wrote: