Sketchup tried to open but does nothing?

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Sketchup tried to open but does nothing? Gomlin 10/3/09 2:55 PM
I installed Sketchup 7.1 the other day. I am new to this program but
it seems to be a godsend for woodworkers. Whenever I try to run it, I
get the Welcome screen where I select the type of template. After
selecting any template and hitting the "use Sketchup" button the
program does absolutely nothing. The Welcome window goes away and my
computer acts as though nothing has happened. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling and also tried to repair the program through the
uninstall utility, but with no luck. Any ideas out there? Thanks for
any help.

Jim
Re: Sketchup tried to open but does nothing? catamountain 10/3/09 8:45 PM
It sounds like you have Vista.  Try opening SU by double-clicking on a
SKP file as described in this section
http://sites.google.com/site/sketchupsage/problems/pc-install#TOC-Special-Vista-Issues