Place Model tool not available

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Place Model tool not available Sandy 9/24/09 1:02 PM
I am ready to place a 3D model (imported from 3d Warehouse), but the
Place Model button is "grayed out" and nothing happens.
Re: Place Model tool not available DennisB 9/24/09 2:30 PM
The only 'place model' button that I know of is for placing a model in
Google Earth.

There are 2 different ways to get models from the warehouse...
1. If you have SketchUp open and go up to file>3d warehouse. Then once
you find your model and click on download, it will ask if you want to
load it into your open sketchup window. You can say yes, which will
place it in your open window, or say no and that will open another
SketchUp window and place it in there.

2. You can go to http://sketchup.google.com and find and then download
the model. Then find where ever it was downloaded to, open it and use
it or open it and then copy and paste it where you need it (such as
copy and pasting it into another open SketchUp window)

Good luck

Dennis
Re: Place Model tool not available Sandy 9/24/09 3:15 PM
Thank you for this piece of the question.  I did as you suggested
(File->3D Warehouse) and got the model.  But, I want to place the
model from Sketchup into a location of Google Earth.  I used Get
Current View from Sketchup as stated in the Sketchup Help/tutorials.
Why cannot I use the Sketchup Place Model button?

That's my question.

Thanks, again, Sandy

On Sep 24, 5:30 pm, DennisB <renderplussyst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only 'place model' button that I know of is for placing a model in
> Google Earth.
>
> There are 2 different ways to get models from the warehouse...
> 1. If you have SketchUp open and go up to file>3d warehouse. Then once
> you find your model and click on download, it will ask if you want to
> load it into your open sketchup window. You can say yes, which will
> place it in your open window, or say no and that will open another
> SketchUp window and place it in there.
>
> 2. You can go tohttp://sketchup.google.comand find and then download
Re: Place Model tool not available Gaieus 9/25/09 5:18 AM
Hi Sandy,

That's correct; you can only acces the Place model function if you
have already geolocated it (i.e. took a GE Snapshot for instance).

But now you should indeed be able to do it. Can you upload the file
like this to the warehouse anyway so we can have a look?

Gai...

On Sep 25, 12:15 am, Sandy <sa...@sandysnaps.com> wrote:
> Thank you for this piece of the question.  I did as you suggested
> (File->3D Warehouse) and got the model.  But, I want to place the
> model from Sketchup into a location of Google Earth.  I used Get
> Current View from Sketchup as stated in the Sketchup Help/tutorials.
> Why cannot I use the Sketchup Place Model button?
>
> That's my question.
>
> Thanks, again, Sandy
>
> On Sep 24, 5:30 pm, DennisB <renderplussyst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The only 'place model' button that I know of is for placing a model in
> > Google Earth.
>
> > There are 2 different ways to get models from the warehouse...
> > 1. If you have SketchUp open and go up to file>3d warehouse. Then once
> > you find your model and click on download, it will ask if you want to
> > load it into your open sketchup window. You can say yes, which will
> > place it in your open window, or say no and that will open another
> > SketchUp window and place it in there.
>
> > 2. You can go tohttp://sketchup.google.comandfind and then download
RE: Place Model tool not available skyangela 9/28/09 12:56 AM
Gai     yours may be made by 6.version. If you open sketchup 7v, you can earn the hope