Greetings

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
Greetings Kok Hwa LAU 12/31/11 7:46 AM
Hi everyone,

Just joined this group few days ago. Great to see that there are
people who contributed their skills for a better Malaysia. I've built
a scraper for ADUN list too at https://scraperwiki.com/scrapers/adun_malaysia/
sourcing data from wikipedia.

The reason I built that scraper is to support my another half-baked
facebook app named "Who is My YB ?". I haven't integrate any social
things offered by FB API as it does seem alot to learn for me. So
currently you can just access it as standalone page at
http://gentle-leaf-5773.herokuapp.com/
Key in your IC number and it will tell you who is your MP and ADUN.
Behind the scene it queries SPR website and make use of sweemeng's MP
scraper and my ADUN scraper to tell the answer. I was thinking of
including the YBs social medias links but having trouble in finding
them out. Then Ditesh's scraper came in just in time =) I will try
include them when have time.

Comments and suggestions are most welcomed.

Regards,
kokhwa
Re: Greetings sweemeng 12/31/11 7:50 AM
Wow, thanks, this is awesome. Some how I got some idea what I can do with this...--
Just a random living organic computer code generator

Re: Greetings Yuen Chi Lian 12/31/11 9:28 PM
You can fork my MP app, it has all the social media links already. I can see that we will have duplicated data islands, but that's okay for now 'til we integrate.

https://github.com/Sinar/Kratos

I use UUID by the way.

Yuen-Chi Lian | www.yclian.com
"I do not seek; I find." - Pablo Picasso

2011/12/31 lau kokhwa <kokhw...@gmail.com>

Re: Greetings Yuen Chi Lian 12/31/11 9:29 PM
By the way, I don't have ADUN's data yet, maybe you can help :D I have defined both constituencies and districts schema with only the former is filled up.

Yuen-Chi Lian | www.yclian.com
"I do not seek; I find." - Pablo Picasso

2012/1/1 Yuen-Chi Lian <m...@yclian.com>

Re: Greetings Kok Hwa LAU 1/1/12 6:12 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, how can I get the social media links from
Kratos ? I need to setup the app ?
I thought this data should be in scraperwiki which is language
independent so that everyone can consume it ?

I think I don't have the districts info for each constituencies as
well.

BTW how are these independent apps form the bigger picture ? Are there
any big direction/objective Sinar is heading towards ?

On Jan 1, 1:29 pm, Yuen-Chi Lian <m...@yclian.com> wrote:
> By the way, I don't have ADUN's data yet, maybe you can help :D I have
> defined both constituencies and districts schema with only the former is
> filled up.
>
> Yuen-Chi Lian |www.yclian.com
> "I do not seek; I find." - Pablo Picasso
>
> 2012/1/1 Yuen-Chi Lian <m...@yclian.com>
>
> > You can fork my MP app, it has all the social media links already. I can
> > see that we will have duplicated data islands, but that's okay for now 'til
> > we integrate.
>
> >https://github.com/Sinar/Kratos
>
> > I use UUID by the way.
>
> > Yuen-Chi Lian |www.yclian.com
> > "I do not seek; I find." - Pablo Picasso
>
> > 2011/12/31 lau kokhwa <kokhwa....@gmail.com>
Re: Greetings sweemeng 1/1/12 6:14 AM
Scraper wiki, have an API, just use it. But everything is work in progress. Big Idea govt transparency, and translate data into a form usable by us, i.e json/xml. So that people can make useful application out of this.
--
Just a random living organic computer code generator

Re: Greetings Yuen Chi Lian 1/1/12 8:02 AM

Yea, use what available in scraper wiki.

Bigger picture, you shouldn't at later stage as Kratos will be up as a service with all MP details.

If you know rails, run db:seed on Kratos, you will get a db with tables and relevant data. Try to look at db/scraped too.

Am talking about development branch.

Re: Greetings Kok Hwa LAU 1/1/12 8:11 AM
Yup, scraperwiki should serve my needs for now. Not familiar with rails, am PHP chap BTW.
Is the Kratos going to be something similar like http://www.eparlimen.com/ ?
Re: Greetings Yuen Chi Lian 1/2/12 4:49 PM

Kratos will replace eParlimen.