Hip Hop (for PHP)

Showing 1-11 of 11 messages
Hip Hop (for PHP) swaiba 5/20/13 7:31 AM
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with Silverstirpe (preferably 2.4.x) and https://github.com/facebook/hiphop-php ?

Barry
Re: Hip Hop (for PHP) Craig Weber 5/20/13 9:02 AM
I've managed to get SilverStripe working on HipHop (HHVM), but I had to fork it to fix a few things: https://github.com/Silvermine/hiphop-php/.  Basically there's two problems with running stock HipHop:
  1. It's implementation of token_get_all (http://php.net/manual/en/function.token-get-all.php) doesn't like "Enum" being used as a class name. This is a problem since there's an extension of FormField called Enum.
  2. It won't let magic __get functions be entered recursively. This is a problem for how ViewableData/DataObjects work.
Since I patched those two defects, I haven't had any further trouble running SilverStripe (2.4) with HHVM. One note regarding your site's code: HHVM implements PDO as a database connector, but not MySQL or MySQLi. So, you'll need to make sure your using a PDO based database connector instead of what comes with SilverStripe. Fortunately that can be implemented in about an hour without changing the core of SilverStripe.

Craig
Re: Hip Hop (for PHP) swaiba 5/24/13 6:03 AM
wow - that is the best answer I could have received - many thanks Craig!
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Re: Hip Hop (for PHP) Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up 5/24/13 1:29 PM
is Hip Hop a way to make SS run faster?
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Re: Hip Hop (for PHP) swaiba 5/25/13 12:51 PM
That is one item I am interested in, the second being SCM and lastly a method of releasing without releasing our IP.  Hmmm saying that I wonder how that affects the silverstripe/modules license
Re: Hip Hop (for PHP) Sam Minnée 5/26/13 7:38 PM
[...]

Have you contributed those fixes as pull requests back to HipHop?  It would be good if it was able to run on the stock build.
Re: Hip Hop (for PHP) Martimiz 6/4/14 4:39 AM
@Craig Weber: Hi, does your fork work with Silverstripe 3.1 as well?

And/or does anyone else been using hiphop with v3.1 successfully?

Thanks, Martine

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Hip Hop (for PHP) Simon J Welsh 6/4/14 4:42 AM
SilverStripe runs fine on HHVM 3.0 and above.

---
Simon Welsh
Admin of http://simon.geek.nz/

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Hip Hop (for PHP) Martimiz 6/4/14 4:57 AM
Thanks Simon,that's good news
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Hip Hop (for PHP) Craig Weber 6/4/14 5:06 AM
@Martimiz The Silvermine fork, currently based off Silverstripe 3.1.3, (https://github.com/silvermine/silverstripe-framework) works on HHVM 2.4+

Craig Weber
124 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201
tel: 814 429-9459
crg...@gmail.com http://crgwbr.com

On 4 June 2014 07:57, Martimiz <mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Simon,that's good news

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Hip Hop (for PHP) Martimiz 6/5/14 1:49 AM
Thanks Craig!

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev.