Has something changed in 3.0.2 that would result in a TON more SHOW FULL FIELDS queries?

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Has something changed in 3.0.2 that would result in a TON more SHOW FULL FIELDS queries? Marcus Nyeholt 9/6/12 1:46 AM
I've gone from ~30 queries for a particular page to ~230 - the majority of these are queries like SHOW FULL FIELDS IN "TableName". From the looks of things these results aren't cached either - so I end up with many (many many many) repeated queries.

Cheers,

Marcus
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Has something changed in 3.0.2 that would result in a TON more SHOW FULL FIELDS queries? Sam Minnée 9/6/12 3:56 AM
Sounds like a bug, are you able to trace it?
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Has something changed in 3.0.2 that would result in a TON more SHOW FULL FIELDS queries? Marcus Nyeholt 9/6/12 5:11 AM
Okay, have traced it back to this commit - https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/commit/2f00884e792f3c9a8fb4c2ea992b516fcd8e08a9#L1R185

That calls $db->query - which for me is triggering a couple hundred times each request. Not sure what the best place to cache this value out would be though

Cheers,

Marcus
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Has something changed in 3.0.2 that would result in a TON more SHOW FULL FIELDS queries? Sam Minnée 9/6/12 3:44 PM
Hamish, are you able to look at this, since it's your commit?

On 7/09/2012, at 12:11 AM, Marcus Nyeholt wrote:

Okay, have traced it back to this commit - https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/commit/2f00884e792f3c9a8fb4c2ea992b516fcd8e08a9#L1R185

That calls $db->query - which for me is triggering a couple hundred times each request. Not sure what the best place to cache this value out would be though

Cheers,

Marcus

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Has something changed in 3.0.2 that would result in a TON more SHOW FULL FIELDS queries? Hamish Friedlander 9/9/12 2:22 PM
Ah,

Yeah, we'll need to cache that value. Theoretically we only need to invalidate the cached value every time a /dev/build is run, but just a static ad-hoc cache will do for now - I'll take a look in a bit.

Hamish Friedlander