Can't override /framework/ templates?

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Can't override /framework/ templates? Uncle Cheese 9/18/12 8:52 AM
I have no problems overriding templates in /cms/templates, but anything in /framework/admin/ doesn't seem to respect my overrides. For instance:

/framework/admin/templates/Includes/LeftAndMain_Menu.ss

cannot be overridden by:

/mysite/templates/Includes/LeftAndMain_Menu.ss

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Can't override /framework/ templates? Ryan Wachtl 9/18/12 10:15 AM
Possibly related, I've also experienced some difficulties in overriding templates of other modules when I rename 'mysite' => 'app'. For instance the templates in my project directory (app) no longer override the blog module's templates. I would expect that the templates in my project folder would always take precedence, regardless of directory name.

Is there an outline of SS 3 template hierarchy, that I have missed?

- Ryan

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Can't override /framework/ templates? anselmdk 9/18/12 12:08 PM
I'm having the same issue.
For now i renamed my project directory to "zzz_mysite" as I had seen it somewhere in the docs, and it works - though I don't like that naming either.

Anselm
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Can't override /framework/ templates? Uncle Cheese 9/18/12 12:41 PM
Oh, right! I forgot about zzz_admin! Good to know.

But I would think "mysite" would override "framework" if alphabetization really does count.. ??

Regards,
Aaron

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Can't override /framework/ templates? Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up 9/18/12 4:27 PM
Does the same thing happen when you add the files to "themes"?
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Can't override /framework/ templates? Simon 9/18/12 4:31 PM
The CMS unsets the theme, so no templates are loaded from there.
On 19/09/2012, at 11:27 AM, Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up <ma...@sunnysideup.co.nz> wrote:

> Does the same thing happen when you add the files to "themes"?

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Can't override /framework/ templates? Ingo Schommer 9/18/12 4:39 PM
Known bug, unfortunately not an easy fix: http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/7085