Template $FirstLast

Showing 1-3 of 3 messages
Template $FirstLast Isengrim 9/19/12 6:40 AM
I have found a little weird problem.
In SS templates by using loops I can use the Function $FirstLast.
Direct in the loop this funktion shows the right list position for the first or last item.
But when i use an include and call in the included template the funktion $FirstLast it returns in every item 'first last'

Here the example:
<% loop Menu(2) %>
<% include MenuItem %>
<% end_loop %>

Anybody else with the same problem?
Re: [silverstripe-dev] Template $FirstLast anselmdk 9/19/12 10:23 AM
I was wondering about this too today.
It seems includes work a little different in SS3. See the includes section here:

You can now define variables in your include files like this:
<% include MemberDetails PageTitle=$Top.Title, PageID=$Top.ID %>

I think this is one of the very great new features in SS3, once you've gotten used to it you'll need far less include files.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/silverstripe-dev/-/2EQ-pXc8iTgJ.

Re: [silverstripe-dev] Template $FirstLast Isengrim 9/19/12 10:30 AM
Ahh I see I see.
Good to know.
I think that this is a greate feature, too.

Thank you for your response.