|Request and URL Rewriting Reworking||Andrew Short||8/7/12 4:46 PM|
As part of my GSOC work I've greatly reworked the way requests are generated and handled. The main aim was to reduce the amount of procedural code, separate concerns and make it more testable. Along the line though I've also made some significant enhancements and changes.
The branches I've done the work on are:
The changes I've made are:
The unit tests all pass as well. To do this I had to make some tweaks to the injector stuff, but that is fairly minor.
It would be good to get some thoughts on this - these are all major changes which may introduce upgrading pain, but I think they're worth it.
|Re: [silverstripe-dev] Request and URL Rewriting Reworking||Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up||8/7/12 7:49 PM|
This is very exciting news.
|Re: [silverstripe-dev] Request and URL Rewriting Reworking||Ingo Schommer||8/9/12 5:43 AM|
Amazing work, thanks Andrew!
Had a 5 min look, and think I understood most of the architecture decisions, which is a good sign ;)
I'm particularly glad to see HTTPRequest->match() be consolidated into RoutedRequest,
that was always a bit icky. And pre/post request processing FTW!