Tue 10/09 Skyline + Radio 6:00 AM RRR Style II

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Tue 10/09 Skyline + Radio 6:00 AM RRR Style II Ramesh G 10/8/12 1:19 PM

It's been months since I have climbed the Radio boy & it looks like tomorrow morning I may have the time for some extra climbing. Something exactly like this minus Sharp Park climb (let's go to work).

http://app.strava.com/rides/7451015

Route:

Alemany - MSB - Radio - JD/Skyline - Skyline Dr - Rollers - Sand Hill - Foothill - AAPL

Elevation: ~4500 ft.

MSB In: Carter St.

MSB Out: Price St.

I will give bonus credits for anyone who suggests me with a shorter route from MSB out (Price St.) to intercept with our standard Skyline route. Backtracking back to John Daly is the only route that I have done before but I know that is a bit longer. Gotta learn new routes everyday :)

Who wants to join me?

Ramesh.

Re: Tue 10/09 Skyline + Radio 6:00 AM RRR Style II Danny Wyatt 10/8/12 3:24 PM
This shows a more direct route from Price:
http://app.strava.com/activities/783518

The most direct would probably be to keep going on Guadalupe Canyon/Market/San Pedro and take Callan instead.

Re: Tue 10/09 Skyline + Radio 6:00 AM RRR Style II Ryan Minobe 10/8/12 3:26 PM
+1 up Radio, then have to try and catch Colmaway at Hillside and Market to get into office earlier than rest of Skyline would allow.

In response to your question about getting back to Skyline from MSB, you could just keep going down Guad Canyon/Market to San Pedro/Eastmoor to Skyline.  I have been doing Eastmoor on Brian's rides lately and it seems pretty direct.

Re: Tue 10/09 Skyline + Radio 6:00 AM RRR Style II thorpej 10/8/12 3:40 PM
Yah, Callan FTW.

-- thorpej
Sent from my iPhone.
Re: Tue 10/09 Skyline + Radio 6:00 AM RRR Style II Corey B 10/8/12 6:28 PM
+1 from rrr
Re: Tue 10/09 Skyline + Radio 6:00 AM RRR Style II Ramesh G 10/8/12 7:09 PM
Thanks for the route suggestions. I guess there is none more direct than Callan. After MSB descend, Callan Skyline it is then.

Ramesh.

Sent from my iPhone. Pardon me for tyop.
Re: Tue 10/09 Skyline + Radio 6:00 AM RRR Style II Ramesh G 10/9/12 11:56 AM

Thanks for joining. It was 4 of us this morning & it was a gorgeous ride:

http://app.strava.com/rides/24489685

It was pitch dark when we started the climb from the foot of MSB & even when we reached the peak of Radio, we couldn't get the best view due to darkness. Well, I guess this is what we get to see for a 6 AM rollout during this time of the year. Here is a not so cool picture...

At least, we enjoyed the Radio suffering.