MERGE, Window functions, sort indirections.

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
MERGE, Window functions, sort indirections. Heikki Vesalainen 8/8/13 12:08 AM
Hi,

just read this article http://java.dzone.com/articles/10-common-mistakes-java that talks about 10 common SQL mistakes Java (and I dare say Scala) developers make when using SQL. Soime of them hit home with me even altho I've been using SQL "all my life" (mostly because many of the features mentioned are rather new in SQL).

Is slick implementing any of these SQL features?

- support for MERGE ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merge_%28SQL%29 )
- aggregation with Window functions / PARTITION BY ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_%28SQL%29#Window_function )
- CASE ( http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/functions-conditional.html )
- using SQL paging instead of JDBC paging

Heikki