kick off meeting

Showing 1-14 of 14 messages
kick off meeting Radim.P...@gmail.com 8/1/11 3:05 AM
Hi all,

Michal und me are intending to make regular meetings about Scala
programming language. The idea behind is to make meetings on regular
basis /once a month/ where interesting topics about Scala would be
introduced.

We aren´t shooting too high, just to start off in August or beginning
September. The meetings will take place in http://metalab.at/, Vienna.

Feel free to join the discussion and let us know.

Radim
Re: kick off meeting Alex 8/13/12 2:39 AM
Hi all,

I would be very interested to join the meetings about Scala. Any news?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: kick off meeting Felix Amerbauer 8/16/12 3:46 AM
Hi,

it's been a while since the original post but there are regular Scala enthusiast meetings in other towns (e.g. http://www.meetup.com/london-scala/) so why shouldn't it get going in Vienna.

I've been using mainly the Lift webframework (http://liftweb.net/) and the Squeryl ORM (http://squeryl.org/) so far. I'm planing to use the Play webframework (http://www.playframework.org/), the SLICK database library (http://slick.typesafe.com/) and get started writing SBT (http://www.playframework.org/) plugins.

Would it be considered rude to post an invitation on some of the popular scala related user mailing lists? (scala-user, lift, play-framework, simple-build-tool...)

Felix
Re: kick off meeting Radim.P...@gmail.com 8/16/12 8:35 AM
Well, what about a meeting on 22, 23.8 ? Everybody could present Scala techs he has experiences so far.
Re: kick off meeting Michal Bigos 8/16/12 9:16 AM
Ok, can anybody propose some meeting point and the exact time? You can select your preferences in this poll:  http://doodle.com/yzbf6e44qysnimex
Re: kick off meeting Michal Bigos 8/16/12 9:27 AM
Hi Felix,

I'm glad to here about you interests. We founded this group with Radim a year ago, but nobody was interested at the time. It's definitely a good idea to promote the group on other mailing lists, if you are already signed-in and you know the community. So you're welcome to do that. Our intention from the begining was to join regional enthusiast of Scala from Vienna and surroundings same way as LSUG does. We failed at our first attempt, but we can try second time with your help :) You're more than welcome.

Michal.
Re: kick off meeting Radim.P...@gmail.com 8/16/12 10:10 AM
We could either gather here: https://metalab.at/ (where Google User Group takes place) or just anywhere else - as we are only 3 right now - that  would be my choice.
Re: kick off meeting Felix Amerbauer 8/16/12 12:59 PM
Hi Michal,

Thx for the background info.

Just posted on the scala-user group (https://groups.google.com/d/topic/scala-user/Z_QIexPZyg4/discussion). I don't really know the community but I found other similar announcements and no complaints regarding this kind of threads.

Please let me know if you want to change anything at the scala-user group post.

Felix

On Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:27:01 PM UTC+2, Michal Bigos wrote:
Re: [scala-vienna] Re: kick off meeting Michal Bigos 8/17/12 5:22 AM
Thx Felix, maybe just add a Doodle link in it (  http://doodle.com/yzbf6e44qysnimex ). That way the people will have an opportunity to attend and we'll see if there is need to meet in http://metalab.at or not.

Once again thanx for posting.--
'(")'~
Re: [scala-vienna] Re: kick off meeting Felix Amerbauer 8/17/12 5:45 AM
Done, BTW already 5 registrations for 22.8. 18:00 or 23.8. 18:00.
Re: [scala-vienna] Re: kick off meeting Michal Bigos 8/17/12 5:49 AM
Perfect ! I'll close the poll on tuesday.
Re: [scala-vienna] Re: kick off meeting Michal Bigos 8/20/12 12:07 PM
Ok we will meet on 22nd wednesday at 18:00 in Metalab.
Re: [scala-vienna] Re: kick off meeting Julian Schrittwieser 8/26/12 12:21 PM
On Monday, 20 August 2012 21:07:18 UTC+2, Michal Bigos  wrote:
> Ok we will meet on 22nd wednesday at 18:00 in Metalab.

Awesome! I'd love to join, but I'll be in Dublin till the beginning of October - I'll definitely come to the meetings when I'm back :)

Re: [scala-vienna] Re: kick off meeting Michal Bigos 8/26/12 1:07 PM
Great you're welcome check out this group or https://metalab.at/wiki/Scala_User_Group for next meeting dates :)

'(")'~