coding project idea for sdscala enthusiasts group

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
coding project idea for sdscala enthusiasts group huynhjl 12/15/11 7:43 AM
Hi Brian,

Following up on your idea of having a group coding project, I have an
idea around  combining scaladoc output and the https://github.com/harrah/browse
to write a search engine / doc browser / source browser for scala
code.

It would give us an opportunity to use play, solr, tweak scaladoc and
experiment with a compiler plug-in. The end result could be useful
too.

Let me know if you want me to present the idea in more details during
our next meeting.

Jean-Laurent (JL)

Re: coding project idea for sdscala enthusiasts group Brian 12/15/11 10:22 PM
JL,

I like the idea. I think a brief presentation about the idea and what you visualize would be helpful to get things started.

Perhaps you could set an initial project up on Github describing the project beforehand to provide other members a way to find out about it and get/follow the code.

Thanks,

Brian
Re: coding project idea for sdscala enthusiasts group huynhjl 12/16/11 6:41 AM
Yes, I'll try to put something in github over my christmas break.

On Dec 15, 10:22 pm, Brian Blaine <brian.d.bla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> JL,
>
> I like the idea. I think a brief presentation about the idea and what you
> visualize would be helpful to get things started.
>
> Perhaps you could set an initial project up on Github describing the
> project beforehand to provide other members a way to find out about it and
> get/follow the code.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
>

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM, huynhjl <huyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Brian,
>
> > Following up on your idea of having a group coding project, I have an
> > idea around  combining scaladoc output and the
> >https://github.com/harrah/browse
> > to write a search engine / doc browser / source browser for scala
> > code.
>
> > It would give us an opportunity to use play, solr, tweak scaladoc and
> > experiment with a compiler plug-in. The end result could be useful
> > too.
>
> > Let me know if you want me to present the idea in more details during
> > our next meeting.
>
> > Jean-Laurent (JL)

Re: coding project idea for sdscala enthusiasts group James Polanco 12/17/11 9:18 AM
JL,
I really like this idea. I'll bring my HTML/JS skills to the table. :)

J.

Re: coding project idea for sdscala enthusiasts group huynhjl 1/2/12 10:39 PM
Hi Brian, James,

I've set this up in github:

https://github.com/huynhjl/sdscala_2012

Not much as of now, just some notes from investigation I did over the
last few days under doc/

I'll try to put a couple slides together for our next meeting and we
can discuss from there...

Jean-Laurent