Sails and Cordova (PhoneGap)

Showing 1-7 of 7 messages
Sails and Cordova (PhoneGap) Brantley Essary 8/29/13 11:33 AM
I'm working on a POC for a mobile/tablet Cordova app built with Backbone and a Sails.js server hosted on heroku.

Anyone try out Sails with Cordova before?
I'll be posting my findings- I've got two days to burn it down and get an app ready.
Re: Sails and Cordova (PhoneGap) Brantley Essary 8/29/13 11:40 AM
Do you guys have any documentation on your set up for sails + cordova?
Re: Sails and Cordova (PhoneGap) Brantley Essary 8/29/13 11:46 AM
Nothing yet- it's been straightforward so far, and I'm confident I'll meet my deadline- just wondering if anyone knew of some roadblocks I might come up against, or any ideas on optimization.
Re: Sails and Cordova (PhoneGap) Brantley Essary 8/29/13 7:30 PM
I ended up creating a grunt task with concat, cssmin, and uglify, with destinations within the cordova app: /platforms/ios/www/, and I created an index.html to use the production js and css. It was mostly just grunt work, and now I've got a phonegap app. I'm about to start testing the websockets- but iOS is supposed to support that out of the box, now, right?

This has been an awesome project, and sails is badass. I'll post updates with (possibly) more detail later.