Re: why I can use "sage-slide.tex" to generate math output

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
Re: why I can use "sage-slide.tex" to generate math output Jason Grout 10/3/12 5:34 AM
On 10/3/12 6:51 AM, 嚙踝蕭 嚙諄塚蕭 wrote:
Dear Professor
         Recently, I find the your example for sage and tex.
I am very happy and interesting to use it.
 I want to use your example "age-slide.tex" to generate the math output

the following is my command:

the first, I use
latex sage-slide.tex
but the output is "sage-slide.sage" not "sage-slide.sagetex.sage"

That tells us that you are probably using a very old version of Sage.  That may be the problem.  What version of Sage are you using?

next, I use
sage sage-slide.sage

the error msg is
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sage-slides.py", line 5, in <module>
    sagetex.openout('sage-slides')
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'openout'

I'm not sure what would cause that, but my guess is that it has to do with having an old version of Sage.  I've also sent this message to the sage-support mailing list (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/sage-support), where people know more about sagetex.  I suggest that you subscribe to that mailing list for replies there.

Thanks,

Jason

I try it many times, I don't know how to correctly it.
Would you tell how to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Huang, Yu Hsiung
bea...@hotmail.com

Re: [sage-support] Re: why I can use "sage-slide.tex" to generate math output Dan Drake 10/3/12 9:37 AM
On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 at 07:34AM -0500, Jason Grout wrote:
> > the first, I use
> > latex sage-slide.tex
> > but the output is "sage-slide.sage" not "sage-slide.sagetex.sage"
>
> That tells us that you are probably using a very old version of Sage.
> That may be the problem. What version of Sage are you using?

That's definitely an old version of SageTeX there. (In fact, it was you,
Jason, who suggested the name change! That was a good idea.) The
original poster should definitely upgrade to a newer version of Sage.

> > next, I use
> > sage sage-slide.sage
> >
> > the error msg is
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "sage-slides.py", line 5, in <module>
> > sagetex.openout('sage-slides')
> > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'openout'

That is really strange. SageTeX's Python module doesn't have any openout
function, and according to "hg grep", it never did. There's no openout
anywhere in the Sage source. I have no idea where that came from.

Upgrading to the most recent version of Sage sounds like the best thing
to do here.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake