Fwd: ISS & Dragon sighting Tues

Showing 1-10 of 10 messages
Fwd: ISS & Dragon sighting Tues zunkworks 10/8/12 7:22 AM
Not sure if it'll be visible due to clouds, but thought I'd pass it along anyway...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wallace, Johnny B.
Date: Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Subject: ISS & Dragon sighting Tues
To: Jeremy Z

OK space fans, here is a historic moment to enjoy, weather permitting.
Tomorrow night at 8:08 pm, we can see not only the International Space Station make a 76 degree visible pass above San Antonio, but nearby will be the Dragon Commercial Resupply spacecraft that was launched Sunday night from Florida.

Johnny B. Wallace

Re: [10BitWorks] Fwd: ISS & Dragon sighting Tues kc 10/8/12 8:48 AM
Damn I've been wanting a telescope since my parents scrapped the one I had when I was like 8...!

I need to fricken get one already...!

kc
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:22:19 -0500
Subject: [10BitWorks] Fwd: ISS & Dragon sighting Tues

Re: [10BitWorks] Fwd: ISS & Dragon sighting Tues Donald Greer 10/8/12 8:50 AM
  Very Cool!  Added to my Calendar!
  Don

"I don't necessarily believe that software should be free, but if you pay for it, it should work." -- Me
RE: [10BitWorks] Fwd: ISS & Dragon sighting Tues Matt Grooms 10/8/12 9:17 AM

No telescope required, as a matter of fact you might have a hard time manually tracking the ISS with a telescope. Naked eye observation is fine on a clear night. Of course all you see is a blip of light, nice binoculars give you a nicer blip of light. Cool thing is just to see something in the night sky that looks like a really bright star, but is in orbit around the Earth.

You can see communication satellites fairly regularly as well, but those suckers are hauling-A when they go over.

More info here:

http://www.heavens-above.com/

and here:

http://www.satobs.org/