Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6)

Showing 1-39 of 39 messages
Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) zunkworks 10/4/12 8:09 AM
Coffee and Ham is canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) since most of us are going to the Belton Swapfest... We'll be meeting up and leaving around 5:30am and getting back around 3p or so. It's mostly radio stuff, but there's generally also a bit of used test equipment (o'scopes, spectrum analyzers, sig gens, etc..) and a good bit of miscellaneous computer and electronic stuff. It basically ends up looking like a giant messy hackerspace spread out on tables and tail gates where a bunch of nerds are buying and selling junk. Lots of fun if you're into that sorta thing.

If any of y'all would like to ride with us, just let me know.

The space should still be opening by 1pm for the regular Saturday open house hours.

-Jeremy
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 8:19 AM
You don't suppose there would be any audio production equipment there? :)
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "10BitWorks" group.
> To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
>
>



--
Chris Hardee
10BitWorks
San Antonio Hackerspace
10bit...@gmail.com
http://10bitworks.com/
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) zunkworks 10/4/12 8:23 AM
It's possible, I've seen all sorts of stuff at these things (some I'd rather not even mention), but I'd say the chances of a bunch of audio production equipment are slim. However if I see any I can snap a picture and call/text. If you send me a list of particular types of things you're looking for, that might be helpful. Of course you're more than welcome to come anyway.

-Jeremy
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 8:39 AM
Awesome! I probably need to open the space up, but mostly mixers,
studio monitors, and possibly working/non-working synthesizers.

Need a few things for my possibly forthcoming class. :)

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Donald Greer 10/4/12 8:43 AM
  Chris,
  I got a friend in Austin that owns/runs a studio and engineering business (among other artsy-fartsy things :^).  If you want, I could put you in touch with him as he may know or hear about where there are some good deals on studio equipment (he's still building his studio... been at it for like 4 years now :^).  He's "in the biz" and pretty much knows everybody else "in the biz" in Austin, as well as Dallas and NOLA.
  Don

--
"I don't necessarily believe that software should be free, but if you pay for it, it should work." -- Me
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 8:47 AM
Awesome, yes please spread the word. I'm mostly doing this for a class
if that helps.
RE: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Matt Grooms 10/4/12 9:05 AM
Chris,

I have a decent (read "older") 4-channel + mic mixer that may work for you.
I'm finding that the space is a good home for stuff I have, but
underutilize. If it would become 10BitWorks owned and available to all
(including me), I will gladly donate it.

Other things that fall into that same category are a Yamaha MT1X 4-channel
mixer / 4 track cassette deck (what folks used to use for home/portable
work), a nice Sony 200 watt mono amp, my old huge Peavey road speakers (one
needs a new woofer), a MidiMan DMAN 2044 PCI bus card & matching break out
box.

All can be donated IF it's used for its intended purpose (not cannibalized).

Grimey

> -----Original Message-----
> From: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner [mailto:sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com]
> Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:40 AM
> To: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks
> Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct
6)
>
> Awesome! I probably need to open the space up, but mostly mixers, studio
> monitors, and possibly working/non-working synthesizers.
>
> Need a few things for my possibly forthcoming class. :)
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-
> hackerspace...@googlegroups.com.
>
>
>
> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2012.0.2221 / Virus Database: 2441/5309 - Release Date: 10/04/12

Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 9:34 AM
Oh cool, yeah we don't really cannibalize much these days unless it's
an old printer and permission is granted. We did; however, scrap a
broken cassette deck a friend of mine donated. It had some nice
voltage meters Jeremy used for another project. If you do donate some
equipment I'll make sure to keep it intact. :)
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 10:55 AM
We really need to get a policy going for that sort of thing... Perhaps a standard of writing on the item with a Sharpie if you wish it to stay intact... Or... If it's meant for parts... Also.. We should consider engraving...

I dunno... It's kinda dicey to donate something to the junkpile that you might want back... We've been encouraging people to use the pile for creative ideas...

kc
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Donald Greer 10/4/12 11:24 AM
May I suggestion a label:

Who donated it.
Date of donation.
Sacrificial?
Approx value at time of donation (hey, you're a 501.3(c), right, why not get the deduction?)
Kittens? ^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h  Sorry, my mind wandered there... ;^)

Anyway, just a thought.  On really small stuff, that we can't put said label on, donate at your own risk.  And if something loses a label, we need to replace it immediately or else it defaults to sacrificial.

Anything broken that nobody wants to fix automatically defaults to sacrificial, label or no label. (Maybe we need a way to mark "So-n-So is going to fix this...", but then we need to limit the number things "So-n-So" wants to fix, or else you'll have pack-rats like me that want to fix everything but never have the time :^).

Just a few thoughts.

Don

--
"I don't necessarily believe that software should be free, but if you pay for it, it should work." -- Me
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) zunkworks 10/4/12 11:38 AM
I just need to get off my arse and buy us some industrial shelves, we've talked about it, I just need to do it. Then we'll have however many shelves we want dedicated to holding things that can be "upcycled" or sacrificed to the evil printer gods, or what ever. At that point we can also get tubs to further store and sort things. I think I might need to get hounded about it ;-)

-Jeremy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
 
 

RE: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Matt Grooms 10/4/12 12:13 PM
That's the point; there is junk pile stuff (old, broken, scrap, unknown
condition) and then there is "equipment" (O-scopes, amplifiers, drill
presses, mixing boards) that can be used in perpetuity for building,
testing, teaching, entertaining, etc. The distinction may not be clear to
someone searching for parts at three AM in the middle of a creative episode.

We need a way to tell the difference. When I donate a working $700 class A
amplifier to 10BitWorks to be used in support of various projects, I don't
want to find out next week that someone took out the transformer to make a
Frankenstein lightning generator. I also want to be able to borrow that
equipment back from time to time if I need to.

As 10BitWorks grows, you won't be able to count on one of the principal
members to always be there to say  "good, good, good, junk, good, junk". I
agree, a standard is needed.

Grimey

> -----Original Message-----
> From: 10BitWorks on behalf of kc [mailto:sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com]
> Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:55 PM
> To: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner
> Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct
6)
>
> We really need to get a policy going for that sort of thing... Perhaps a
> standard of writing on the item with a Sharpie if you wish it to stay
intact...
> Or... If it's meant for parts... Also.. We should consider engraving...
>
> I dunno... It's kinda dicey to donate something to the junkpile that you
might
> want back... We've been encouraging people to use the pile for creative
> ideas...
>
> kc
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com>
> Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com>
> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:34:09
> To: 10BitWorks on behalf of grimey<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct
6)
>
> Oh cool, yeah we don't really cannibalize much these days unless it's an
old
> printer and permission is granted. We did; however, scrap a broken
cassette
> deck a friend of mine donated. It had some nice voltage meters Jeremy used
> for another project. If you do donate some equipment I'll make sure to
keep
> it intact. :)
>
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of grimey <sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com.
> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> >> > sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> Chris Hardee
> >> >> 10BitWorks
> >> >> San Antonio Hackerspace
> >> >> 10bit...@gmail.com
> >> >> http://10bitworks.com/
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >> >> Groups "10BitWorks" group.
> >> >> To post to this group, send email to sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com.
> hackerspace...@googlegroups.com.
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 12:19 PM
I think we can get some stickers or whatever and just mark the stuff
as it comes in. I think anything with a sticker on it is scrap-able
otherwise it'll be assumed to be a community tool. That way we'll err
on the side of caution in case a sticker falls off or can't be found.
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) zunkworks 10/4/12 12:22 PM
Stickers sound like a good idea. Big bright colored dots = scrap-able.
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 12:22 PM
I'll see if I can pick some up :)
RE: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Matt Grooms 10/4/12 12:33 PM
Chris,

I looked at the mixer. It's a Radio Shack SSM-1200; here's the link to
support documents.
http://support.radioshack.com/support_audio/8755.htm




> -----Original Message-----
> From: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner [mailto:sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com]
> Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:23 PM
> To: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks
> Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct
6)
>
> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-
> >> >> hackerspace...@googlegroups.com.
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> Chris Hardee
> >> >> 10BitWorks
> >> >> San Antonio Hackerspace
> >> >> 10bit...@gmail.com
> >> >> http://10bitworks.com/
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >> >> Groups
> >> >> "10BitWorks" group.
> >> >> To post to this group, send email to sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com.
> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-
> >> >> hackerspace...@googlegroups.com.
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> --
> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >> >> Groups
> >> >> "10BitWorks" group.
> >> >> To post to this group, send email to sa-
> hacke...@googlegroups.com.
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 12:35 PM
Oh nice, gosh, it's hard to remember when Radio Shack actually
produced quality electronics.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of grimey
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) mike perez 10/4/12 12:44 PM
i already have stickers there. They are on the table  behind Greg's station.
-m.a. perez
KF5QVO
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Donald Greer 10/4/12 1:11 PM
  Rat Shack NEVER produced quality electronics (at least, not audio stuff, though the TRS-80 MOD I-II-III were genuine Radio Shack, and Mod III used to be produced right here in SA).  If I'm not mistaken, that's produced by pioneer.  They produced most of the Tandy audio stuff back in the day.  Used to love my Tandy AM/FM/8-Track/Turn table :^).
  Don


On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Oh nice, gosh, it's hard to remember when Radio Shack actually
produced quality electronics.

--
"I don't necessarily believe that software should be free, but if you pay for it, it should work." -- Me
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 1:15 PM

Yeah I forget most of their stuff is just re-branded electronics. I love 'trash'-80s though :)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
 
 
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 1:25 PM
Those had better be some damn good stickers... Skeptical here.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Christopher Hardee 10/4/12 1:28 PM

I'm positive they are sparkly and/or are star-shaped, should be in good hands ;)

Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 1:30 PM
OMg... I'm referring to their adhesive properties.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:28:34 -0500
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of kc<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 1:31 PM
I would still look for some durable, like, "asset tags", maybe some plastic reinforced cardstock tags... that we can zip-tie to the cord-of or to any random screw-hole available on, any item that is to be left intact. With simply whose it is. If it breaks... You contact that person and ask them if they would like to come collect it or repair it or whatever or scrap it.

If I only had time of day to look...


kc
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 13:38:03 -0500
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6)

Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 1:31 PM
I would still look for some durable, like, "asset tags", maybe some plastic reinforced cardstock tags... that we can zip-tie to the cord-of or to any random screw-hole available on, any item that is to be left intact. With simply who it belongs to "On Loan from: Joe Schmoe jsc...@gmail.com 210-555-1212". If it breaks... You contact that person and ask them if they would like to come collect it or repair it or whatever or scrap it.


If I only had time of day to look...

kc
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 13:38:03 -0500
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6)

Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) zunkworks 10/4/12 1:35 PM
I think you may be thinking of it a little backwards. Stickers = scrapable. If sticker comes off, then it doesn't get scrapped, but has to be re-identified as such. Names on personal property is a good idea (reminds me I need to label some stuff).

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of kc <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I would still look for some durable, like, "asset tags", maybe some plastic reinforced cardstock tags... that we can zip-tie to the cord-of or to any random screw-hole available on, any item that is to be left intact. With simply who it belongs to "On Loan from: Joe Schmoe jsc...@gmail.com 210-555-1212". If it breaks... You contact that person and ask them if they would like to come collect it or repair it or whatever or scrap it.


If I only had time of day to look...

kc
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 13:38:03 -0500
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6)

I just need to get off my arse and buy us some industrial shelves, we've talked about it, I just need to do it. Then we'll have however many shelves we want dedicated to holding things that can be "upcycled" or sacrificed to the evil printer gods, or what ever. At that point we can also get tubs to further store and sort things. I think I might need to get hounded about it ;-)

-Jeremy

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
May I suggestion a label:

Who donated it.
Date of donation.
Sacrificial?
Approx value at time of donation (hey, you're a 501.3(c), right, why not get the deduction?)
Kittens? ^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h  Sorry, my mind wandered there... ;^)

Anyway, just a thought.  On really small stuff, that we can't put said label on, donate at your own risk.  And if something loses a label, we need to replace it immediately or else it defaults to sacrificial.

Anything broken that nobody wants to fix automatically defaults to sacrificial, label or no label. (Maybe we need a way to mark "So-n-So is going to fix this...", but then we need to limit the number things "So-n-So" wants to fix, or else you'll have pack-rats like me that want to fix everything but never have the time :^).

Just a few thoughts.

Don

--
"I don't necessarily believe that software should be free, but if you pay for it, it should work." -- Me

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
 
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
 
 

Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 1:38 PM
Sorry... My last double post was for some reason a failed msg from an hour ago...

I think conspicuously and durably marking whatever you wish to KEEP is the only way to go...

Otherwise, I can tell you it will put a MAJOR damper on my bravado for scavenging when I feel the urge... We'll need to wait to ask everyone, "Do you know who's this is..." And "do you know who's this is..."

And inevitably someone is gonna say, " Hey where did my ______ go...?" Or "OMG!! DUDE!!! That's my ______ !!! What did you do to it!??!?"


kc
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:28:34 -0500
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of kc<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6)

I'm positive they are sparkly and/or are star-shaped, should be in good hands ;)

On Oct 4, 2012 3:25 PM, "10BitWorks on behalf of kc" <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Those had better be some damn good stickers... Skeptical here.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: 10BitWorks on behalf of mike perez <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of mike perez <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 14:44:24
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6)

i already have stickers there. They are on the table  behind Greg's station.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks
<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Stickers sound like a good idea. Big bright colored dots = scrap-able.
>
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner
> <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think we can get some stickers or whatever and just mark the stuff
>> as it comes in. I think anything with a sticker on it is scrap-able
>> otherwise it'll be assumed to be a community tool. That way we'll err
>> on the side of caution in case a sticker falls off or can't be found.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of grimey
>> <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> > That's the point; there is junk pile stuff (old, broken, scrap, unknown
>> > condition) and then there is "equipment" (O-scopes, amplifiers, drill
>> > presses, mixing boards) that can be used in perpetuity for building,
>> > testing, teaching, entertaining, etc. The distinction may not be clear
>> > to
>> > someone searching for parts at three AM in the middle of a creative
>> > episode.
>> >
>> > We need a way to tell the difference. When I donate a working $700 class
>> > A
>> > amplifier to 10BitWorks to be used in support of various projects, I
>> > don't
>> > want to find out next week that someone took out the transformer to make
>> > a
>> > Frankenstein lightning generator. I also want to be able to borrow that
>> > equipment back from time to time if I need to.
>> >
>> > As 10BitWorks grows, you won't be able to count on one of the principal
>> > members to always be there to say  "good, good, good, junk, good, junk".
>> > I
>> > agree, a standard is needed.
>> >
>> > Grimey

>> >
>> >> -----Original Message-----
>> >> From: 10BitWorks on behalf of kc [mailto:sa-
>> >> hacke...@googlegroups.com]
>> >> Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:55 PM
>> >> To: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner
>> >> Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday
>> >> (Oct
>> > 6)
>> >>
>> >> We really need to get a policy going for that sort of thing... Perhaps
>> >> a
>> >> standard of writing on the item with a Sharpie if you wish it to stay
>> > intact...
>> >> Or... If it's meant for parts... Also.. We should consider engraving...
>> >>
>> >> I dunno... It's kinda dicey to donate something to the junkpile that
>> >> you
>> > might
>> >> want back... We've been encouraging people to use the pile for creative
>> >> ideas...

>> >>
>> >> kc
>> >> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>> >>
>> >> -----Original Message-----
>> >> From: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-
>> >> hacke...@googlegroups.com>
>> >> Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner <sa-
>> >> hacke...@googlegroups.com>
>> >> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:34:09
>> >> To: 10BitWorks on behalf of grimey<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
>> >> Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday
>> >> (Oct
>> > 6)
>> >>
>> >> Oh cool, yeah we don't really cannibalize much these days unless it's
>> >> an
>> > old
>> >> printer and permission is granted. We did; however, scrap a broken
>> > cassette
>> >> deck a friend of mine donated. It had some nice voltage meters Jeremy
>> >> used
>> >> for another project. If you do donate some equipment I'll make sure to
>> > keep
>> >> it intact. :)
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of grimey <sa-
>> >> hacke...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> >> > Chris,
>> >> >
>> >> > I have a decent (read "older") 4-channel + mic mixer that may work
>> >> > for
>> > you.
>> >> > I'm finding that the space is a good home for stuff I have, but
>> >> > underutilize. If it would become 10BitWorks owned and available to
>> >> > all
>> >> > (including me), I will gladly donate it.
>> >> >
>> >> > Other things that fall into that same category are a Yamaha MT1X
>> >> > 4-channel mixer / 4 track cassette deck (what folks used to use for
>> >> > home/portable work), a nice Sony 200 watt mono amp, my old huge
>> >> Peavey
>> >> > road speakers (one needs a new woofer), a MidiMan DMAN 2044 PCI bus
>> >> > card & matching break out box.
>> >> >
>> >> > All can be donated IF it's used for its intended purpose (not
>> > cannibalized).
>> >> >
>> >> > Grimey

>> >> >
>> >> >> -----Original Message-----
>> >> >> From: 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner [mailto:sa-
>> >> >> hacke...@googlegroups.com]
>> >> >> Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:40 AM
>> >> >> To: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks
>> >> >> Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday
>> >> >> (Oct
>> >> > 6)
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Awesome! I probably need to open the space up, but mostly mixers,
>> >> >> studio monitors, and possibly working/non-working synthesizers.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Need a few things for my possibly forthcoming class. :)
>> >> >>
>> >> >> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks
>> >> >> <sa- hacke...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> >> >> > It's possible, I've seen all sorts of stuff at these things (some
>> >> >> > I'd rather not even mention), but I'd say the chances of a bunch
>> >> >> > of
>> >> >> > audio production equipment are slim. However if I see any I can
>> >> >> > snap a picture
>> >> >> and call/text.
>> >> >> > If you send me a list of particular types of things you're looking
>> >> >> > for, that might be helpful. Of course you're more than welcome to
>> >> >> > come
>> >> >> anyway.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > -Jeremy
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of shazzner
>> >> >> > <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> You don't suppose there would be any audio production equipment
>> >> >> >> there? :)
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM, 10BitWorks on behalf of
>> >> >> >> zunkworks
>> >> >> >> <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> >> >> >> > Coffee and Ham is canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) since most
>> >> >> >> > of us are going to the Belton Swapfest... We'll be meeting up
>> >> >> >> > and leaving around 5:30am and getting back around 3p or so.
>> >> >> >> > It's
>> >> >> >> > mostly radio stuff, but there's generally also a bit of used
>> >> >> >> > test equipment (o'scopes, spectrum analyzers, sig gens, etc..)
>> >> >> >> > and a good bit of miscellaneous computer and electronic stuff.
>> >> >> >> > It basically ends up looking like a giant messy hackerspace
>> >> >> >> > spread out on tables and tail gates where a bunch of nerds are
>> >> >> >> > buying and selling junk. Lots of fun if you're into that sorta
>> > thing.
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> > If any of y'all would like to ride with us, just let me know.
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> > The space should still be opening by 1pm for the regular
>> >> >> >> > Saturday open house hours.
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> > -Jeremy

>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> > --
>> >> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> >> >> >> > Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
>> >> >> >> > To post to this group, send email to sa-
>> >> hacke...@googlegroups.com.

>> >> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> >> > sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >> >
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> --
>> >> >> >> Chris Hardee
>> >> >> >> 10BitWorks
>> >> >> >> San Antonio Hackerspace
>> >> >> >> 10bit...@gmail.com
>> >> >> >> http://10bitworks.com/

>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >> --
>> >> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> >> >> >> Google
>> >> >> >> Groups "10BitWorks" group.
>> >> >> >> To post to this group, send email to sa-
>> >> hacke...@googlegroups.com.

>> >> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> >> sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >>
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > --
>> >> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >> >> > Groups "10BitWorks" group.
>> >> >> > To post to this group, send email to
>> >> >> > sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> >> >> > sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> --
>> >> >> Chris Hardee
>> >> >> 10BitWorks
>> >> >> San Antonio Hackerspace
>> >> >> 10bit...@gmail.com
>> >> >> http://10bitworks.com/

>> >> >>
>> >> >> --
>> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >> >> Groups "10BitWorks" group.
>> >> >> To post to this group, send email to
>> >> >> sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-
>> >> >> hackerspace...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> -----
>> >> >> No virus found in this message.
>> >> >> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>> >> >> Version: 2012.0.2221 / Virus Database: 2441/5309 - Release Date:
>> >> >> 10/04/12

>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >> Groups "10BitWorks" group.
>> >> > To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-
>> >> hackerspace...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Chris Hardee
>> >> 10BitWorks
>> >> San Antonio Hackerspace
>> >> 10bit...@gmail.com
>> >> http://10bitworks.com/

>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >> Groups
>> >> "10BitWorks" group.
>> >> To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-
>> >> hackerspace...@googlegroups.com.

>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> >> Groups
>> >> "10BitWorks" group.
>> >> To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-
>> >> hackerspace...@googlegroups.com.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> -----
>> >> No virus found in this message.
>> >> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>> >> Version: 2012.0.2221 / Virus Database: 2441/5309 - Release Date:
>> >> 10/04/12

>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > Groups "10BitWorks" group.
>> > To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Chris Hardee
>> 10BitWorks
>> San Antonio Hackerspace
>> 10bit...@gmail.com
>> http://10bitworks.com/

>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "10BitWorks" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
>>
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "10BitWorks" group.
> To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
>
>



--
-m.a. perez
KF5QVO


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
 
 
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Donald Greer 10/4/12 1:40 PM
  Dude!  Leave your ______ out of this!  There may be children present!
  Don


On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM, 10BitWorks on behalf of kc <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Sorry... My last double post was for some reason a failed msg from an hour ago...

I think conspicuously and durably marking whatever you wish to KEEP is the only way to go...

Otherwise, I can tell you it will put a MAJOR damper on my bravado for scavenging when I feel the urge... We'll need to wait to ask everyone, "Do you know who's this is..." And "do you know who's this is..."

And inevitably someone is gonna say, " Hey where did my ______ go...?" Or "OMG!! DUDE!!! That's my ______ !!! What did you do to it!??!?"


kc

--
"I don't necessarily believe that software should be free, but if you pay for it, it should work." -- Me
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 1:43 PM
Roger that agree-to-disagree roadblock.

Comes down to senior will, and as a new-join... I concede...

:-|

De nada, really...

Course both could be an option...

IDK...

IDC...



Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:35:12 -0500
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of kc<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 1:45 PM
ROTFL LM_ _ O
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:40:00 -0500
To: 10BitWorks on behalf of kc<sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.
 
 
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Donald Greer 10/4/12 1:59 PM
  Hey, sprout, who you calling senior.  I'm gonna kick you ____, as soon as I find my damned cain! ;^)
  Don
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 2:44 PM
Your Hermain Cain...?

Or do you need a cane...

A trip to Biscayne...?


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of Donald Greer <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:59:53 -0500
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) zunkworks 10/4/12 3:37 PM
Thread jackers. Ahahahaha!  Wait, I've just been thread jacked, and I had LoJack and The Club installed just yesterday!
If we're going off roading, let's do it. I think this thread has locking hubs and 4 wheel drive. Also I just threw the GPS out the window, and put on some Mad Max face paint.
Re: [10BitWorks] Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/4/12 3:54 PM
I hear the swallows are beautiful in Capistrano this time of year...
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Sender: 10BitWorks on behalf of zunkworks <sa-hack...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 17:37:24 -0500
Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Craig 10/4/12 4:54 PM
> zunkworks Oct 04 02:22PM -0500
> Stickers sound like a good idea. Big bright colored dots = scrap-able.
Actually, sounds like the 3d printers aren't working at SA-Hackerspace.
ABS or PLA 3d printer generated tags can't be written on?
Or noone's yet had the time to designed 3d printer generated equivalent
standard tags with either zip tag attatchments/ wire or string / velcrow tie
built into the 3d printed tag?
What about a custom 10bit works tag/clip indicating available for "usage" /
"disassembly for parts" / etc.
At the very least, could tag the part(s) with inventory number && one could look
up on-line what the status is (e.g. who to ask about / post a "I'm
borrowing" / it's
up for "scrap" /etc.)
Just a quick check on thingiverse turned up a few examples:
-- "Bulk" items tag (need to add plastic bag) :
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26375
-- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5580
-- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25634
-- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4227
-- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3117
-- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22618
-- Could generate a balloon on 3d printer && mod the clip to allow for item
   attachement.  Just write on the balloon the "info":
  http://www.3ders.org/articles/20120423-3d-printing-rubber-balloons.html
  http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:9465
-- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1247
-- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:28709

If cost is an "issue", then perhaps 10bit works should invest in
things like http://www.3dprinter.net/filabot-plastic-filament-maker
and http://www.3dprinter.net/perpetual-plastic-project-plastic-cups

Is there a reason why 10bit works wires shouldn't be organized?
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:9046
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:10721
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18679
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6059
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23852
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16338
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26989
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5759
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1121

Or for that matter, groups of paper clipped together? ->
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:596
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:29769
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:12837

Craig
Re: Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Craig 10/4/12 5:26 PM
<yoda voice>
Ummm....
Not using the thingiverse I see...
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:15592
deeply disturbing....
</yoda voice>
Re: Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Craig 10/4/12 6:28 PM
Ok, perhaps it's time for 10BitWorks to get a "large" 3d printer,
https://github.com/bwattendorf/Large-Ultimaker-type-3d-printer
This would allow 10BitWorks to have a very large disk cabinet w/ sectors of
draws. :D  Certainly would make for some interestin customize workspace
"cubes"/walls.

Craig
Re: [10BitWorks] Re: Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) kc 10/5/12 6:48 AM

Ok, perhaps it's time for Craig to donate $25,000 to 10bitworks so we can even THINK ABOUT SCOFFING AT the ideas he's sending our way...?

Er?

:-P

Kc

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "10BitWorks" group.
To post to this group, send email to sa-hack...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to sa-hackerspac...@googlegroups.com.


Re: [10BitWorks] Re: Coffee and Ham canceled for this Saturday (Oct 6) Thomas S. 10/5/12 8:22 AM
Those not going to Belton might possibly be interested in the Mensa
non-language test on 10/6 (Saturday).

I'm going, just thought I'd share. If you'd like to go, get in touch
with Roy Huff (rh...@alumni.utexas.net) beforehand.

Thomas


rh...@alumni.utexas.net
Oct 1 (4 days ago)

to me
This is almost a pick your date-pick your test-pick your town month.

We are in Mensa's Mind Challenge Month, during which the tests are
offered at half price, $20, and in addition, those taking the test
this month will be given a really useful plastic Mensa water bottle,
either by the proctor at the time you take the test, or by mail later
if we run out of them.

We are testing at least three times during the month, with two tests
scheduled in San Antonio and one in Kerrville.  Additional tests may
be added to the list, probably in Corpus Christi and perhaps in
Beeville and Harlingen. I will let you know if and when.

Schedule so far:

Oct 6: Sat, 2-4 pm, Mensa's Non-language Test. Community Room, Central
Market, 4821 Broadway, Alamo Heights.  I am the proctor for this test.

If you took the regular Mensa test, which we call the Mensa Admission
Test, and did not qualify for Mensa based on it, you can take the
Non-language Test, a three-part test, two of which are not timed.

Oct 12: Fri, 2:30-4:30 pm, Mensa Admission Test, Weir 109, Schreiner
University. Gary Ramsey is the proctor in Kerrville.

Oct 20: Sat, 2-4 pm, Mensa Admission Test, in the Community Room like
the Oct 6 test. I will be the proctor for this one too.

Reservations vital: Given the specials that I described above, you
need to make a reservation to ensure that there are both space and
tests available for you, to me at the above email address for the San
Antonio tests, and to Gary in Kerrville, at gbiker....@gmail.com
for his Kerrville test.  We ask that you confirm to us that you will
still be able to take the test, the confirmations to be made on one of
the two days before the test.

We hope that by testing in several places and dates, we will make it
easier for you to be tested for and join Mensa.  The half-price and
the water bottle are more evidence that we want you in Mensa and want
to make it more attractive to you to take your test now.

Roy

----------------------------------------------------------
If you do not wish to receive future notices via email,
you may opt out by visiting http://www.us.mensa.org/optout

American Mensa, Ltd., 1229 Corporate Dr W, Arlington, TX 76006
Google Maps - Maps from this email
More topics »