|[ANN][XPOST] Invoicing - 1.0.0 released
||4/16/14 3:44 AM
We have released invoicing gem which helps you in creating, managing and generating pdf for invoices.
Bit of background: Invoicing gem was initially developed by Martin Kleppmann (https://github.com/ept/
for generating and displaying invoices. This release polishes the gem,
makes it compatible with rails 3 and rails 4, adds pdf generation
- Store any number of different types of invoice, credit note and payment record
- Represent customer accounts, supplier accounts, and even complicated multi-party billing relationships
- Automatically format currency values beautifully
- Automatically round currency values to the customary precision for
that particular currency, e.g. based on the smallest coin in circulation
- Support any number of different currencies simultaneously
- Render invoices, account statements etc. into HTML (fully styleable and internationalisable)
- Export into the UBL XML format for sharing data with other systems
- Provide you with a default Value Added Tax (VAT) implementation, but you can also easily plug in your own tax logic
- Dynamically display tax-inclusive or tax-exclusive prices depending on your customer’s location and preferences
- Deal with tax rates or prices changing over time, and automatically switch to the new rate at the right moment
- Efficiently summarise account balances, sales statements etc. under
arbitrary conditions (e.g. data from one quarter, or payments due at a
- Make gem compatible with rails 3 and rails 4.
- Add support for pdf generation for invoice. (requires prawn gem)
- Integrate rails generators for ledger items, line items, and taxes
- Rework all tests, and move to minitest.
- Integrate travis-ci, and fix several deprecation warnings.
Co-founder at Codemancers Tech Pvt Ltd