|[ANN] RubyInstaller 1.9.3-p286 released||Luis Lavena||10/21/12 7:43 AM|
In combination with the rest of the RubyInstaller team, I'm very
pleased to announce the release of RubyInstaller packages for Ruby
As usual, installer and 7z packages are available at RubyInstaller
website and RubyForge for download:
For verification, MD5 signatures of each file released are provided:
Installer is also digitally signed to avoid alterations and UAC warnings.
You can read Ruby's own announcement here:
= What's new?
Beyond what is covered by Ruby itself, we have our own set of improvements:
* Upgraded Ruby 1.9.3 to patchlevel 286
* Convert gdbm recipe to use Knapsack binaries
* Convert pdcurses recipe to use Knapsack binaries
* Convert tcl and tk recipes to use Knapsack binaries
* Decreased file descriptors for 1.9.x to 2K. Closes #104 (again)
Ruby associates a file descriptor to a socket, so can't use more than
Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry