[ANN] Initial implementation of The Update Framework (TUF) for RubyGems

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
[ANN] Initial implementation of The Update Framework (TUF) for RubyGems Tony Arcieri 11/22/13 2:33 PM
Hello there everyone!

Here at Square we've been doing a Hack Week project to improve the security of RubyGems. We have been basing our efforts off a software update framework called The Update Framework (TUF) which is based off work done to secure the update system used by Tor:

We've been working with the TUF team who is already doing similar work to secure Python's PyPI in addition to creating a prototype implementation for RubyGems. You can read about their PyPI work here:

We've opened a PR against RubyGems with our initial client-side work. A PR against RubyGems.org/Gemcutter with the server-side work is forthcoming. You can view the initial PR here:

We also have a mailing list specific to this project if you're interested in contributing:

--
Tony Arcieri