Quick "noobish" question about Rhosync and Rhodes :)

Showing 1-5 of 5 messages
Quick "noobish" question about Rhosync and Rhodes :) pavanas 5/17/12 12:23 PM
Hey people!

I have Rhosync version 2.1.13 and rhodes version 3.1.0.
I want to upgrade my rhodes version to 3.3.2.
Does anybody from the rhomobile team know if I can still use my rhosync server or should I install rhoconnect?
If not until which version of Rhodes, Rhosync is being supported?

Thanks in advance!

PAV
Re: [rhomobile] Quick "noobish" question about Rhosync and Rhodes :) ad...@rhomobile.com 5/17/12 12:39 PM
We do not have a firm date set.  Some time over the next year or so we will stop fixing RhoSync issues. I would not advise deploying new apps on RhoSync

Re: [rhomobile] Quick "noobish" question about Rhosync and Rhodes :) pavanas 5/17/12 12:47 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Another 2 questions. 1. if I update to rhodes 3.3.2 shall I only use ruby version 1.9.1 or it's working  with ruby version 1.8.7 also?
2. Rhoconnect works more or less like Rhosync right? I just need to save some data to a server. There is no much functionality on it on my app.
I was working with rhosync some time ago and I didn't change to Rhoconnect as I was satisfied with Rhosync..That why I'm asking if the main functionality remains
the same ;)

pav
Re: [rhomobile] Quick "noobish" question about Rhosync and Rhodes :) ad...@rhomobile.com 5/17/12 12:49 PM
RhoConnect is really just the updated version of RhoSync.   If you move to RhoConnect then yes, you should move to Ruby 1.9.x as well.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rhomobile/-/ItD60XEjzB0J.

Re: [rhomobile] Quick "noobish" question about Rhosync and Rhodes :) pavanas 5/17/12 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info! Keep up the good work!

pav