RhoMobile Suite

Showing 1-15 of 15 messages
RhoMobile Suite ad...@rhomobile.com 6/1/12 12:25 PM
As many of you may know, yesterday we launched the RhoMobile Suite within Motorola Solutions.   The key new capability of the RhoMobile Suite (to previous Rho users) is the RhoElements mobile app framework, which builds upon the Rhodes framework that you all know and love.  To the base Rhodes it adds:
- realtime barcode scanning
- better signature capture
- automatic data encryption (and we have several new encryption capabilities in the pipeline such as PKI and FIPS compliance)
- WebKit for Windows Mobile and Win CE
- JavaScript calls for most device capabilities (which in Rhodes are done almost always in Ruby only)

For more details see http://motorolasolutions.com/rhoelements.   Also note that web links such as http://rhomobile.com now point to the Motorola Solutions RhoMobile Suite page (http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/Software+and+Applications/RhoMobile+Suite).  I think its a much better site and we will continue to add to the content there.

As has been discussed on the group and presented in webinars in the past, we (Motorola Solutions) are still committed to supporting Rhodes for the open source community, primarily targeted at consumer apps.  To that end certain features such as barcode scanning and automatic data encryption, are no longer available in Rhodes.  But we are still committed to supporting all consumer devices with the current and future set of consumer device capabilities.

Also, many of you have complained about the limited capabilities of google groups for conversations.  We encourage you to come over and participate in the discussions on Motorola Launchpad: http://developer.motorolasolutions.com (choose RhoMobile Suite)
Please let us know if you have other questions.

- Adam
Re: RhoMobile Suite Madhukar Wakhare 6/18/12 11:42 PM
Hi adam,

 the versions of rhodes  below 3.3 are supporting barcode scanning or not ...as I started development from January.
And also is there any license required.

Thanks
Madhukar
Re: [rhomobile] Re: RhoMobile Suite ad...@rhomobile.com 6/19/12 12:13 PM
Barcode scanning is no longer available in Rhodes.  You would need to use RhoElements for that.

Re: [rhomobile] Re: RhoMobile Suite Egghead 6/19/12 6:50 PM
And what would be the fate of rhohub? I've  been trying to deploy rhosync apps there and for the past 1.5 months or so, they've all failed. And the patch for WM builds getting stuck at loading screen after deployment to device , although the fix was advised to us, but the same was not done at rhohub : I know you're  going to say we'll not be able to build for WM much longer for obvious reasons, but while it lasts, let us build in peace (patches etc included).
Re: [rhomobile] Re: RhoMobile Suite ad...@rhomobile.com 6/19/12 7:05 PM
We definitely want to know your problems deploying RhoHub

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Egghead <mark.no...@gmail.com> wrote:
And what would be the fate of rhohub? I've  been trying to deploy rhosync apps there and for the past 1.5 months or so, they've all failed. And the patch for WM builds getting stuck at loading screen after deployment to device , although the fix was advised to us, but the same was not done at rhohub : I know you're  going to say we'll not be able to build for WM much longer for obvious reasons, but while it lasts, let us build in peace (patches etc included).

Re: [rhomobile] Re: RhoMobile Suite ad...@rhomobile.com 6/19/12 7:05 PM
Sorry, I mean deploying RhoSync to RhoHub
Re: [rhomobile] Re: RhoMobile Suite Burgess Lars-KDWC48 6/19/12 7:37 PM
Yes, and please if possible try to keep the topic focused on one thread so the community can benefit from the discussion.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups&nomobile=true#!topic/rhomobile/3x5Zc72qi_8

Thanks,
Lars
Re: [rhomobile] Re: RhoMobile Suite S Hamid 6/27/12 7:19 PM
Hi,
  I recently deployed quite few rhosync app on rhohub, so far no big issues, just getting a lot message in logs.

On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:50:20 AM UTC+8, Egghead wrote:
And what would be the fate of rhohub? I've  been trying to deploy rhosync apps there and for the past 1.5 months or so, they've all failed. And the patch for WM builds getting stuck at loading screen after deployment to device , although the fix was advised to us, but the same was not done at rhohub : I know you're  going to say we'll not be able to build for WM much longer for obvious reasons, but while it lasts, let us build in peace (patches etc included).
Re: RhoMobile Suite garry17 11/1/12 10:25 AM
Hello,

Yesterday I installed rhostudio 2.1 yesterday under ms windows 7 together with the required prerequisites i.e. java jdk and setup the enviroment.
I could not find a 3.x version or a corresponding upgrade available for the download from the motorola site.

Here is my problem with the 2.1:

after I followed (line by line) the tutorial to create the storemanager application
and selected  "Run"->"Run Configurations",
and then selected "Run". Eclipse / Rhodes / Android plug-in? displayed
the Login/Password screen.
When trying to login it displays a blank black screen with the "Wait" prompt at the top.
And this is as far as it goes.
After turning on traces from the "Run Configurations" it logs the following error:

error: cannot find rhodes_translator

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a more recent 3.x available that I can download.
I'd like to learn it.

Thanks much in advance.

Re: [rhomobile] Re: RhoMobile Suite garry17 11/1/12 3:49 PM
Thanks for your reply.
Just to make it sure I've not missed anything I'll email you the screenshots and yml this weekend after I'll go through the prerequisites one more time.
Camera Launch Issue in ImageUpload Application venkat ram 12/17/12 11:59 PM
Hi,
i am using Motorola ES400 (Windows Mobile 6.5).

-My application captures images and saves in the 'SQL-SERVERCE' database and it has some additional functionalities as well.
-It is working fine for capturing and saving 3 images. However for further launches of 'CameraCaptureDialog' I am getting 'Initializing Failed'

I saw the blog post which asked me to EDIT: 'OEMCameraCaptureDLL' . { AM NOT ABLE TO FIND MobileRegistryEditor  ALSO

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE CAN I FIND THIS FILE ?

To revert back to the standard camera dialog, delete or rename the
"OEMCameraCaptureDLL" value under the following registry key:
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM]
"OEMCAMERACAPTUREDLL"  <-- Delete!

Optionally, if you also want to revert the program that gets launched when
you select Camera and Pictures and Videos on the device, set the following
registry value:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM]
  "CameraApp"="\windows\pimg.exe"

Use MobileRegistryEditor to edit registry from computer via USB

THANKING YOU,
VENKAT RAM REDDY,
9959053375

Re: RhoMobile Suite Ivan Chang 1/24/13 8:14 PM
Hi Adam:

I am having problems trying to use Rhodes elements with Rhostudio 2.1 on a Mac OS X Mountain Lion. Using Ruby 1.9.3p362.

When I create a new project Rhomobile application and click on the box Use Rhoelements and writing the project name InventoryManagment. After clicking Finish it appears an error saying: Cannot find Rhoelements, install the gem before generate Rhoelements applications.

I have tried reinstalling with no results and end up with the same error.

If I use the console and type rhoelements app InventoryManagement
first I get this error
/Users/User/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p362/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:55:in `require': iconv will be deprecated in the future, use String#encode instead.

Then rhoelements generates the files.

Is there anyway to fix the problem so that Rhostudio can create the elements?

Thanks,
Ivan Chang
Re: RhoMobile Suite csfol...@gmail.com 11/13/13 8:19 PM
Hi Adam

I was trying to implement push notification for blackberry .i have received some notification in my blackberry mobile curve 9220. but after sometime i m not receive any notification on my blackberry mobile.i have checked the error in rholog.text file in device its give the error RhodesPUSH| processCommand failed;java.lang.ClassCastException: in Blackberry.

Can you please guide me on this.
Re: RhoMobile Suite Kunle Lameed 2/27/14 5:14 AM
Hello There, Please i have this issue with my rhomobile application. I created a rhomobile app as well as a rhoconnect app and pushed them to rhohub. I deplyed the rhoconnect app and then copied the syncserver url into the rhoconfig;txt file in my local rhomobile app. While running the rhomobile app with rhosimulator and trying to login. I am getting a server returns an error message and I am not able to login. I can't seem to figure this out becuase the rhoconnect app on rhohub is running online and im able to login online but connecting from my local rhomobile app is not just logging me in. Pls I need a solution. Thanks.