Re: repo sync ask password when gerrit user with multiple ssh keys

Showing 1-1 of 1 messages
Re: repo sync ask password when gerrit user with multiple ssh keys Shawn Pearce 10/10/12 7:56 PM
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM, cyvins <cyv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gerrit allows its user to upload multiple ssh public keys, so I generate
> different rsa keys and upload the public key to gerrit server in different
> place.
> After that, I can login the gerrit and clone every seperate project
> successfully.
>
> However, if I use repo to sync all projects, only the first public key that
> I upload can work fine,
> others ask me to input the password when I run the "repo sync" command.
>
> Is there some thing wrong with my configuration? Or the repo just can work
> with one public key? Thanks

Are you connecting to different host names or with different
user/hostname combinations?

On the first connection repo pre-opens an SSH connection for the first
user/hostname combination it finds in the manifest. This connection is
reused for all future connections if the user/host combination is the
same. If the string differs at all, it doesn't reuse the connection.

It could be as simple as you ran `repo init -u
ssh://server:29418/manifest` to setup the client, but the manifest XML
uses a <remote fetch="ssh://server.your-company.com:29418/">. The
difference in host name will cause the connection caching to fail.