Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open!

Showing 1-12 of 13 messages
Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Shawn Pearce 9/14/12 11:33 AM
We have confirmed the dates. There is no conference fee, your expenses
are just your travel and lodging costs. If you are attending please
complete the registration form:

  http://goo.gl/5HYlB

and book your own travel and lodging. If you are thinking of coming to
the hackathon session after the user summit, please confirm with me
that we have space available.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Shawn Pearce <s...@google.com> wrote:
> We are hosting a two-day Gerrit User Summit at Google's
> Mountain View, CA offices on Saturday November 10 and Sunday November
> 11th.
>
> The user summit is open to anyone that wants to get together with
> other users and administrators to share experiences or learn how to
> get more from Gerrit and its related tools (e.g. git, repo).
>
> Following the user summit, we are hosting a week-long (Mon
> Nov 12-16) Gerrit hacking session for current contributors. Last May
> this was incredibly productive, bringing the plugin support that is in
> 2.5 and starting a number of plugins. I am looking forward to further
> innovation this year. :-)
Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Patrick Renaud 9/14/12 2:56 PM
Great! See you all there.

-Patrick
Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Patrick Renaud 9/19/12 8:25 AM
Question: Will you be setting some kind of a wiki like for the
previous GitTogether events?

Tx.
-Patrick
Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Shawn Pearce 9/19/12 11:03 AM

Sure. I will do this soon and send the link out.

Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Misha Nesterenko 9/19/12 9:00 PM
Will there be any online translation? Or will recorded video be published after the event?

Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Shawn Pearce 9/21/12 5:50 PM
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Misha Nesterenko
<misha.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will there be any online translation?

None planned. Folks present can take notes and post them online. We
have a sites page we are using as a wiki that we will publish after
the event. This could contain those notes.

> Or will recorded video be published
> after the event?

No.
Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Tomas Daarstad 9/25/12 1:05 PM
Which hotel would you recommend?

See you there!

--
Tomas Daarstad, http://www.tieto.com
Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Shawn Pearce 9/26/12 7:18 AM
<tomas.d...@tieto.com> wrote:
> Which hotel would you recommend?

In the past I have recommended the Wild Palms Hotel in Sunnyvale [1],
or Hotel Avante in Mountain View [2]. In prior years they have
sometimes been able to offer a discount on the rooms if you mention
you are staying with them to visit Google and attend a program run by
the Open Source Programs Office. I haven't stayed at either property
in years, but they were nice enough and the rates were fairly
reasonable for the area.

Both are a bit far from Google, ~15 minute driving distance. I know
some folks found travel lodges and the like (cheaper motels) closer to
Google on El Camino Real. Nothing is available within walking distance
however.

[1] http://www.jdvhotels.com/wild_palms/
[2] http://www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/siliconvalley/avante
Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! MartinFick 10/5/12 10:01 AM
I got approval and will be attending both the user summit
and the hackathon (assuming there is still place for me)...

I was thinking of staying a bit longer to enjoy a day
(Saturday Nov 17) of mountain biking in the Santa Cruz
mountains, anyone want to join me for some company.  I am
not a super athlete, so if you are you would be bored
(waiting for me a lot).  But I have been riding trails for a
good 5 years now...  I welcome anyone to join me, even if
you are new to the sport.  I am sure there are many
beautiful trails that we could explore, even for novices.  I
will look to rent a bike while out there.

See you next month!

-Martin

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

Luca.
Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! Patrick Renaud 10/11/12 1:31 PM
Damn. Just found out that Hotel Avante does not offer the free shuttle
service to/from Google on weekends. Looks like we'll have to drive....
:-(
--
--Patrick
Re: Gerrit User Summit (Nov 10, 11) + Hacking - Registration Now Open! lucamilanesio 10/12/12 12:41 AM

Luca.