gerrit issue "Operation timed out"

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
gerrit issue "Operation timed out" Allen Zhang 10/6/12 9:23 PM
Hi All,

I am meeting this weird problem, it shows up in my web page something like this when I am trying to visit

Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
For assistance, contact your network support team.

the story is :

input in my IE and then pop up the auth dialog request my username and passwd, so I can put in my user and password, and then it will eventually time out with the above message in my browser. it seems port 8081 does NOT work in gerrit side. I need any help that can help me to narrow down this problem. I am so tired with this issue, so far I have no any clue on it yet.

It is so weird as I can access gerrit web page before I reboot my machine and it seems gerrit could no longer get to port 8081.

Note: I have already disabled selinux and iptable service.

my httpd config file:

vim /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
<VirtualHost *>
  ProxyRequests Off
  ProxyVia Off
  ProxyPreserveHost On

  <Proxy *>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all

  <Location /gerrit/login/>
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Gerrit Code Review"
     AuthBasicProvider file
     AuthUserFile /etc/passwords
     Require valid-user
  RedirectMatch ^/gerrit$ /gerrit/
  ProxyPass /gerrit/

my gerrit.config file looks like as following:
cat /home/gerrit/review_site/etc/gerrit.config
        basePath = git
        canonicalWebUrl =
        type = MYSQL
        hostname =
        database = reviewdb
        username = gerrit
        type = HTTP
        smtpServer = localhost
        smtpUser = gerrit
        user = gerrit
        javaHome = /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-
        listenAddress = *:2034
        listenUrl = proxy-http://*:8081/gerrit
        directory = cache

Re: gerrit issue "Operation timed out" Shawn Pearce 10/10/12 7:59 PM
Remove the :8081 here. This should be the URL of your Apache server,
which is probably on port 80 and thus doesn't need the port number in
the URL.

> [sshd]
>         listenAddress = *:2034
> [httpd]
>         listenUrl = proxy-http://*:8081/gerrit

This is fine. You want this URL port number to match the number you
have in your ProxyPass line in the httpd.conf file (above).