An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial]

Showing 1-9 of 9 messages
An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] Lucas Gardezani Abduch 7/24/12 7:26 AM
An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial]

I'd love to hear your thoughts about it!
There are english subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbA5PPFc6Js

Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] JJ Conductor 7/24/12 10:55 AM
Lucas Gardezani Abduch wrote:

> An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial]
>
> I'd love to hear your thoughts about it!
> There are english subtitles.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbA5PPFc6Js

I liked it.  Your moves are very smooth.  I only speak English, so I can't
comment on the sound track.

I will add that I like that you post the link to the video here on
rec.juggling.  Please keep doing that.

Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] Lucas Gardezani Abduch 7/24/12 5:26 PM
Comment on the soundtrack? wha do you mean?

There are english subs, you've seen it, right?

I always post my videos here!
I'm really glad you liked it!
Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] JJ Conductor 7/25/12 11:47 AM
Lucas Gardezani Abduch wrote:

> Comment on the soundtrack? wha do you mean?
>
> There are english subs, you've seen it, right?
>
> I always post my videos here!
> I'm really glad you liked it!

I read the "transcript", i.e. the English subtitles.  (good job)  I may
not being doing something right though.  I read the transcript separate,
not displayed on top of the video in the normal way subtitles work.  Is
there something I can click/do to make it play better?
Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] Little Paul 7/26/12 3:13 AM
On 2012-07-25, JJ Conductor <JJCondu...@JuggleJunction.org.nonSpammersRemoveThis.com.nospam.com> wrote:

> I read the "transcript", i.e. the English subtitles.  (good job)  I may
> not being doing something right though.  I read the transcript separate,
> not displayed on top of the video in the normal way subtitles work.  Is
> there something I can click/do to make it play better?

At the bottom of the video, there should be a little button with "cc" on
it.  Click that and you'll get subtitles.

I believe that if the person publishing the video doesn't provide the
subtitle text, youtube will attempt to automatically generate the subtitles
from the audio track - which can lead to some amusing results.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com
Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] Lucas Gardezani Abduch 7/27/12 7:10 AM

--
Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] JJ Conductor 7/27/12 8:04 AM
> At the bottom of the video, there should be a little button with "cc" on
> it.  Click that and you'll get subtitles.

Ah, perhaps there should be, but there isn't.  At least not on the Ubuntu
laptop I first watched it on.  I then tried to see the video on my Gentoo
box; and the "cc" button, plus a couple more appeared.  I'm curious why
the laptop didn't have the "cc" and other buttons.  Before I spend time
looking into it, does anyone know offhand?
Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] Little Paul 7/27/12 8:25 AM
On 2012-07-27, JJ Conductor <JJCondu...@JuggleJunction.org.nonSpammersRemoveThis.com.nospam.com> wrote:
>> At the bottom of the video, there should be a little button with "cc" on
>> it.  Click that and you'll get subtitles.
>
> Ah, perhaps there should be, but there isn't.  At least not on the Ubuntu
> laptop I first watched it on.  I then tried to see the video on my Gentoo
> box; and the "cc" button, plus a couple more appeared.  I'm curious why
> the laptop didn't have the "cc" and other buttons.  Before I spend time
> looking into it, does anyone know offhand?

Are you signed in to the youtube html5 trial on your ubuntu box, or are you
using a non-adobe flash plugin?

On the subject of ubuntu and flash - GRRRR!!!!!! I have two desktops,
identical graphics cards, same ubuntu distro, same kernel, same drivers
pretty much everything is the same as far as I can tell.

one has a working flash install, and the other immediately crashes the
flash plugin in *all* browsers.

Guess which one is my machine at home and which one is my machine at work.

Yup.  I can watch as many videos of kittens as I like at work.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com
Re: An introduction to contact juggling. [tutorial] JJ Conductor 7/27/12 11:21 AM
> Are you signed in to the youtube html5 trial on your ubuntu box, or are you
> using a non-adobe flash plugin?

Not in the html5 trial.  And using standard adobe flash.

I'm wondering if my laptop won't show the close captions because it is
old.  The on-board video is certainly dated, and if the browser needs
webGL hardware, I probably don't have it.