poker players dead pool

Showing 1-43 of 43 messages
poker players dead pool Fourflushr 1/1/03 10:04 AM
1.        russ gorgiev
2.        john martino
3.        bill nirdlinger
4.        dave keiser
5.        razzo
6.        doyle Brunson
7.        puggy pearson
8.        barry johnston
9.        bobby hoff
10.        john bonetti
11.        pat calahan
12.        hal (mirage)

casino arizona:

1.        big al
2.        chicago bob
3.        steve simmons

extra credit:  vince lepore

wishful thinking:  aaron katz


brett

poker players dead pool Newgca 1/1/03 1:17 PM
>Subject: poker players dead pool
>From: fourflushr@aol.comdamnspam  (Fourflushr)
>Date: 1/1/03 10:03 AM Pacific Standard Time
>Message-id: <20030101130348.10405.00000793@mb-ba.aol.com>

GREAT LIST

Why John Bonetti?  Shoulf of added Doug Dalton

poker players dead pool Newgca 1/1/03 1:41 PM
>extra credit:  vince lepore
>

To stupid to deal with. KNows nothing and will not be bothered.

>wishful thinking:  aaron katz
>

Possible, though doubtful. May get a hell of a beating one of these days
though. Not from me, as he avoided me like the plague. He isn't as dumb as many
think.

Doug Dalton should be on this list without a doubt. So should Johnny Chan and
Jimmy Shahady..

But NO DOUBT, I am NUMBER 1 in the DEAD POOL, with John Martino a close second.

Russ Georgiev

poker players dead pool NWBurbsCouple 1/1/03 2:07 PM
In honor of his posting of Over/Under numbers on the number of dead in the
World Trade Towers attack, I pick as the only entry for my dead pool....

Nolan Dalla

Over/under on date of expiration: 6-6-2003

Odds of death being in a terrorist act: 100,000-1

Odds of death being natural:  7-1

Odds of death being unnatural and involving a goat 1-3.

poker players dead pool I M Ponzi 1/1/03 2:54 PM
>Subject: poker players dead pool
>From: fourflushr@aol.comdamnspam  (Fourflushr)
>Date: 1/1/03 10:03 AM Pacific Standard Time
>Message-id: <20030101130348.10405.00000793@mb-ba.aol.com>
>

It is impossible to leave Eric Drache off this list. Without him, much of this
couldn't of been accomplished.

I.M. Ponzi

poker players dead pool CSI Minneapolis 1/1/03 4:08 PM
Forgot number 1 participant.

Ceo and laughing stock of pokerspot.com


"Fourflushr" <fourflushr@aol.comdamnspam> wrote in message
news:20030101130348.10405.00000793@mb-ba.aol.com...

poker players dead pool RazzO 1/1/03 5:02 PM
Fourflushr wrote:

> 1.        russ gorgiev
> 2.        john martino
> 3.        bill nirdlinger

These three are no brainers.

razz


poker players dead pool NolanDalla 1/1/03 8:14 PM
From: nwburbscouple@aol.comnojunk  (NWBurbsCouple)
Date: 1/1/03 5:07 PM Eastern Standard Time
Message-id: <20030101170731.06639.00000738@mb-fp.aol.com>

In honor of his posting of Over/Under numbers on the number of dead in the
World Trade Towers attack, I pick as the only entry for my dead pool....

Nolan Dalla

Over/under on date of expiration: 6-6-2003

Odds of death being in a terrorist act: 100,000-1

__________________

Shit, give me some of that action.  Does this mean if I blow myself up in a
terrorist act and take out Vince Lapore, you'll pay me for a parlay?

-- Nolan Dalla

poker players dead pool Russ G 1/2/03 12:12 AM
>> 1.        russ gorgiev
>> 2.        john martino
>> 3.        bill nirdlinger
>
>
>
>These three are no brainers.
>

While you are a NO brain "or"?

poker players dead pool NWBurbsCouple 1/2/03 8:52 AM
>Shit, give me some of that action.  Does this mean if I blow myself up in a
>terrorist act and take out Vince Lapore, you'll pay me for a parlay?
>
>-- Nolan Dalla
>

Sorry, you must be present to win.

poker players dead pool Russ Boyd 1/2/03 9:17 AM
Just when I think the RGP bitches are tired of kicking me while down...
honestly.  This is thread is in really bad taste if it's a joke and pretty
immoral if it's not.  Having actually gotten death threats over the
Pokerspot ordeal, I for one don't appreciate it.  

Maybe it's funny for you... there's no accounting for taste.  Tut try and
be sensitive to the fact that there are actual people behind the screen.
Some of them don't like being put into a dead pool.  Others are gossipy
little bitches with nothing to contribute like yourselves and too much
time on their hands because they blew their houses and their families
trying to be big-shot poker players.  People like that are pretty
suggestible, don't you think?

Cheers,
Russ Boyd

_________________________________________________________________
Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com


poker players dead pool susan 1/2/03 9:55 AM

"Russ Boyd" <anon...@wagerware.com> wrote in message
news:ou_Q9.2021504$H65.253274@post-02.news.easynews.com...

too much
> time on their hands because they blew their houses and their families
> trying to be big-shot poker players.  People like that are pretty
> suggestible, don't you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Russ Boyd

or they blew their houses and their families by trusting their money at
pokerspot


poker players dead pool Russ Boyd 1/2/03 10:42 AM
> or they blew their houses and their families by trusting their money at
> pokerspot

The vast majority of funds lost to Pokerspot were winnings above the
initial deposit.  The reason, of course, is because we were without a
processing solution and were not cashing out players.  The three worst
cases of loss occurred from players who made between them $120k in three
months of play.  Nobody lost their house or their families on account of
Pokerspot not honoring cashouts.  I can tell you that with a certainty.  

A lot of players point fingers because of the Pokerspot ordeal.  They
imagine that we were cheats and liars.  Well, we were unsavvy, that's for
sure.  But consider the story of Lance Hewitt, a Finnish player, and his
interactions with my former VP Matthew Winfrey.

Matt and I were old law school buddies.  I figured I could trust Matt with
my life, so I could probably trust him to go into business together.  This
turned out to be a mistake.  Around January 15, 2000, we got the bad news
from Net Pro that approximately $500k in player deposits was not going to
be reaching our bank.  I was in Reno meeting with Mark Napolitano over at
Poker Pages.  He was in charge of things while I was gone.  Matt had
already sent out the existing player cashouts just expecting the money to
be in our account.  He didn't check it before the checks went out.  And
when we got the news that the wire was going to be "late", he didn't
cancel the checks.  

When I got back from my business trip things had gone from VERY good to
VERY bad overnight.  We were not to receive the player deposits.  We did
not have a merchant account and could not process new deposits.  And our
corporate bank account had been completely wiped out.  We were down to the
felt with pretty much no way out.  While I scrambled to fix all of the
technical and business problems, I stuck Matt with the customer support
problem.  I told him that no cashouts were going out and that he was to do
anything he could to keep everyone quiet.  If they were too squeaky, he
was to talk to them on the phone and explain the situation.  I didn't care
what he said... there was no money to go around at that point.

That's about the time when Lance Hewitt emailed Matt talking about how
desperate he was for his cashout.  Lance was an American who somehow
landed a dealing job in Finland.  He explained that he was relying on the
money to pay his house payment.  He was going to lose his house and his
wife was going to leave him.  Matt bounced him around for about two weeks
with delay tactics.  Finally he approached me.  

I told him what I think any savvy businessmen would have said in my
position.  "Gee, Matt.  That's a pretty sad story.  Too bad for him, huh?
Now leave me alone while I try and figure out a miracle to save this
business and get everyone paid off."

That's when Matt went behind my back and borrowed $5k from one of our
lower level employees who worked customer service... a twenty year old kid
named Andrew.  I guess Andrew had the money and felt bad for Lance.  Lance
got paid.  Other players didn't.  It was another two weeks before I
scraped up the $5k needed to get set up with Firepay.

I found out about the unauthorized loan about three weeks later.  Matt and
I parted ways shortly thereafter.  I would have fired him on the spot if
he was actually getting paid at that point.  I certainly understand where
he was coming from, of course... if he hadn't gone behind my back, Lance
wouldn't have gotten paid.  And there was no way in hell I was authorizing
any cashouts until I knew where the money was going to come from.  Who
knows if the story Lance gave Matt was true... I don't know.  I think it
probably was.

Because he went behind my back, we're no longer friends.  There isn't any
room for bleeding hearts in business.  And there isn't any room for
dishonesty in friendship.  That lesson right there is a pretty important
lesson that the Pokerspot project taught me.  That's the end of the story.

So Susan... with all due respect, I really hope you think twice before you
make allegations that you can't back up.

_________________________________________________________________
Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com


poker players dead pool susan 1/2/03 10:54 AM
OK  what am I missing here.   You state that Lance would have lost his house
because of Pokerspot if your friend had not gone behind your back and
"loaned" him the money?  And from this anecdote you surmise that no one else
was counting on their money at Pokerspot to make a house payment, child
support payment or other important reasons?  And are you also saying that
you managed to pay back Matt/Andrew the $5000 because they worked for you
and not pay back your customers?   I must be reading all of this wrong,
because I refuse to believe that you would have written this otherwise.

Susan

"Russ Boyd" <anon...@wagerware.com> wrote in message
news:xK%Q9.2024369$H65.254226@post-02.news.easynews.com...

poker players dead pool Michael O'Malley 1/2/03 11:06 AM

"Russ Boyd" <anon...@wagerware.com> wrote in message
news:xK%Q9.2024369$H65.254226@post-02.news.easynews.com...
> > or they blew their houses and their families by trusting their money at
> > pokerspot
>
> The vast majority of funds lost to Pokerspot were winnings above the
> initial deposit.  The reason, of course, is because we were without a
> processing solution and were not cashing out players.  The three worst
> cases of loss occurred from players who made between them $120k in three
> months of play.  Nobody lost their house or their families on account of
> Pokerspot not honoring cashouts.  I can tell you that with a certainty.


Um Russ......Where exactly did the winnings for the other players come from,
your pocket?  At least 3 people together won $120K and you are CERTAIN that
nobody lost their house or families?

And whatever happened to that great deal you were working on to get the
players money back?

Before you came on RGP I probably would have given you the benefit of the
doubt that something beyond your control happened to PokerSpot and you were
left in a bad position.  Since you came here I now realize you are just a
piece of shit and deserve any and all criticism you get.

poker players dead pool Jdoo123 1/2/03 11:09 AM
>Subject: Re: poker players dead pool
>From: "Russ Boyd" anon...@wagerware.com

I agree the post is totally in bad taste but..........

I think you "gleaned" the wrong lesson from your ordeal..

>Well, we were unsavvy, that's for
>sure.

Understatement of the year.

> I stuck Matt with the customer support
>problem.  I told him that no cashouts were going out and that he was to do
>anything he could to keep everyone quiet.  If they were too squeaky, he
>was to talk to them on the phone and explain the situation.  I didn't care
>what he said... there was no money to go around at that point.

So you told your associate to lie,make up storys,anything to shut them up for
2-3 weeks.

>I told him what I think any savvy businessmen would have said in my
>position.  "Gee, Matt.  That's a pretty sad story.  Too bad for him, huh?

Savvy buisnessman?Sounds like it would come from a cold hearted schiester to
me.You owe the guy 5k and because you cant pay up and are going to swindle him
you say "too bad"?And you hope folks will trust you on any of your future
deals(loan me 5k for 5% of my future earning,etc)?

>I found out about the unauthorized loan about three weeks later.  Matt and
>I parted ways shortly thereafter.  I would have fired him on the spot if
>he was actually getting paid at that point.

What a laugh.The guy tried to do something right,and youre ready to can him,how
much do you owe Matt in back wages?I think you should have made him VP in
charge of operations,he sounds like he had a better chance f making a go then
you did,with your high moral character and all.

> There isn't any
>room for bleeding hearts in business.  And there isn't any room for
>dishonesty in friendship.  That lesson right there is a pretty important
>lesson that the Pokerspot project taught me.

There isnt alot of room for unsavvy ,side stepping con men either.You better go
back and reveiw your pokerspot debacle and see if you can learn something else.

poker players dead pool greatbrit 1/2/03 1:02 PM
Russ Boyd wrote:

 > ...I stuck Matt with the customer support problem.  I told him that


 > no cashouts were going out and that he was to do anything he could to
 > keep everyone quiet.  If they were too squeaky, he was to talk to
 > them on the phone and explain the situation.  I didn't care what he
 > said... there was no money to go around at that point....
 >

The bit you don't seem to get Russ is that however bad it got you
continued to play with other peoples' money, you put their money at risk
without their knowledge so that you could try to get out of your mess.
  However honorable you intentions may have been when you started your
company, when things went wrong honor went out the window and your true
colors came out, you lied to the people trying to cash out while at the
same time accepting new deposits, that's a classic Ponzi scheme, it's
illegal, you should be in prison.  You always talk about PokerSpot like
it's some mystical entity over which you had no control.  You and your
partners owe people money, you pretend to acknowledge that, yet you
insist that you shouldn't have to pull money out of your own pocket to
pay them.  You think that your customers only have themselves to blame,
because they were too trusting when they invested with you and that's
their problem.

The irony here simply leaves me speechless, when talking about having
your name in the 'dead pool' you say "Maybe it's funny for you...


there's no accounting for taste. But try and be sensitive to the fact
that there are actual people behind the screen.", yet when talking about
your faceless customers you say "I stuck Matt with the customer support
problem....I didn't care what he said..."

Paul

poker players dead pool Russ Boyd 1/2/03 2:06 PM
Yes, susan... you are mising a lot of points of the story.

On Jan 2 2003 12:54PM, susan wrote:

> OK  what am I missing here.   You state that Lance would have lost his house
> because of Pokerspot if your friend had not gone behind your back and
> "loaned" him the money?  

The loan was from a customer support personnel to our company arranged by
Matt.  The money wasn't loaned to Lance.

> And from this anecdote you surmise that no one else
> was counting on their money at Pokerspot to make a house payment, child
> support payment or other important reasons?  

The anecdote demonstrates that there was a triage in who got paid, and it
didn't have a lot to do with who was making the most noise.

> And are you also saying that
> you managed to pay back Matt/Andrew the $5000 because they worked for you
> and not pay back your customers?  

There were a lot of employees and investors who did not get their money
owed.  I personally lost a good deal of money on the Pokerspot ordeal.
Yes, I do feel I owe employees a higher duty of care than players.
Investors a lower duty of care.  

> I must be reading all of this wrong,
> because I refuse to believe that you would have written this otherwise.

Well, I'm glad you are giving me the benefit of the doubt.

_________________________________________________________________
Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com


poker players dead pool Russ Boyd 1/2/03 2:11 PM
On Jan 2 2003 1:04PM, Michael O'Malley wrote:

> At least 3 people together won $120K and you are CERTAIN that
> nobody lost their house or families?

Yes.


 
> Before you came on RGP I probably would have given you the benefit of the
> doubt that something beyond your control happened to PokerSpot and you were
> left in a bad position.  Since you came here I now realize you are just a
> piece of shit and deserve any and all criticism you get.

When people are posting retarded posts and making snap judgments based on
incomplete information, yes I can come off as a little shit.  Maybe it has
something to do with losing a multi-million doller company and being
flamed for my efforts to set things right.  If only everyone could be cool
and cheery at all times...

_________________________________________________________________
Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com


poker players dead pool Russ Boyd 1/2/03 2:15 PM
On Jan 2 2003 1:04PM, Michael O'Malley wrote:

> Before you came on RGP I probably would have given you the benefit of the
> doubt that something beyond your control happened to PokerSpot and you were
> left in a bad position.  Since you came here I now realize you are just a
> piece of shit and deserve any and all criticism you get.

I figured it out, Michael.  What rubs me the wrong way about you is that
you have repeatedly been very vocal in your criticism against me, often
resorting to name calling, and you didn't even play at Pokerspot.  In
fact, I don't even think you were around in those days... I certainly
didn't hear about you until recently.  It just goes to show that an amount
of notoriety can be had by just being loud and spouting out insults.
That's fine.  You think I'm shit.  I think you're shit.  So at least I
made things even between you and me, right?  It's a start.

_________________________________________________________________
Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com


poker players dead pool Russ Boyd 1/2/03 2:22 PM
On Jan 2 2003 1:08PM, Jdoo123 wrote:

> me.You owe the guy 5k and because you cant pay up and are going to swindle
him
> you say "too bad"?And you hope folks will trust you on any of your future
> deals(loan me 5k for 5% of my future earning,etc)?

It's too bad because we owed more than a thousand players.  You can't
start paying people until you have a stream of income.  As far as the 5%
deal, I don't remember posting that.  I was probably drunk.

 > What a laugh.The guy tried to do something right,and youre ready to can
him,how
> much do you owe Matt in back wages?

Matt?  Is that you?  Seriously.  It wasn't right.  It was well-intentioned
but it wasn't right.  We didn't have a way to pay any players... it was
borrowing from Andrew to pay Lance.  Matt is currently owed approximately
$45k in back wages.

> I think you should have made him VP in
> charge of operations,he sounds like he had a better chance f making a go then
> you did,with your high moral character and all.

If you think high moral character is the redeeming trait of the poker room
operator, then I'm not really sure what to say except that I have a pretty
good estimate that Paradise raked about $50 million last year.  I don't
think a significant chunk of that money is going to charity.

_________________________________________________________________
Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com


poker players dead pool Russ Boyd 1/2/03 2:30 PM
On Jan 2 2003 3:04PM, greatbrit wrote:

First off, Paul... I think it's interesting that you choose to criticize
me in public while being very, very amiable to my face the couple of times
we've encountered each other.  I have yet to get a negative email from
anyone reading my RGP posts.  I have yet to get a positive reply in
public.  So fuck off, Paul... what have you ever done for the poker
industry?  Made a clock?  I should spend the next three hours making a
better one just to undersell you.

> Russ Boyd wrote:
> The bit you don't seem to get Russ is that however bad it got you
> continued to play with other peoples' money, you put their money at risk
> without their knowledge so that you could try to get out of your mess.
>   However honorable you intentions may have been when you started your
> company, when things went wrong honor went out the window and your true
> colors came out, you lied to the people trying to cash out while at the
> same time accepting new deposits, that's a classic Ponzi scheme, it's
> illegal, you should be in prison.  

It's not illegal to count on accounts receivables coming in.  It is also
not illegal to have a float when you have assets valued at more than 3x
what was owed.  Those assets are no longer worth much because dozens of
development teams have created copy-cat solutions with the intention of
making it big against established winners in the market.

_________________________________________________________________
Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com


poker players dead pool Michael O'Malley 1/2/03 2:36 PM

"Russ Boyd" <anon...@wagerware.com> wrote in message
news:kR2R9.31937$%l6.403528@news.easynews.com...

> On Jan 2 2003 1:04PM, Michael O'Malley wrote:
>
> > Before you came on RGP I probably would have given you the benefit of
the
> > doubt that something beyond your control happened to PokerSpot and you
were
> > left in a bad position.  Since you came here I now realize you are just
a
> > piece of shit and deserve any and all criticism you get.
>
> I figured it out, Michael.  What rubs me the wrong way about you is that
> you have repeatedly been very vocal in your criticism against me, often
> resorting to name calling, and you didn't even play at Pokerspot.  In
> fact, I don't even think you were around in those days... I certainly
> didn't hear about you until recently.

Well I guess you didn't pay much attention to your player base then.  I did
play at Pokerspot and I have been around online poker since the day it
opened on Planet Poker.  If you didn't hear about me until recently then you
surely haven't been paying attention.

>It just goes to show that an amount
> of notoriety can be had by just being loud and spouting out insults.

I don't crave notoriety and actually don't want it.  I gave you the benefit
of the doubt when you first came on here, I asked you questions and thought
maybe your intentions were good.  You can go look back at my responses to
your first posts and see this.  When you started blaming the players and
putting the blame everywhere but on yourself is when I started to jump on
you.

Your attitude in this whole thing makes me sick, and I do think you deserve
every bit of criticism you have coming.

> That's fine.  You think I'm shit.  I think you're shit.  So at least I
> made things even between you and me, right?  It's a start.

Have you noticed that there isn't one person on here that feels the least
bit of sympathy for you?   You will be judged in the future on your failures
in the past.  If anyone even thinks about investing in anything you do they
should have their heads examined.

>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
>
>


poker players dead pool Michael O'Malley 1/2/03 2:39 PM

"Russ Boyd" <anon...@wagerware.com> wrote in message
news:nO2R9.2030244$6N5.262872@post-03.news.easynews.com...

> On Jan 2 2003 1:04PM, Michael O'Malley wrote:
>
> > At least 3 people together won $120K and you are CERTAIN that
> > nobody lost their house or families?
>
> Yes.

That you truly believe this is what makes it all the more disturbing.  That
there was probably over $1 million lost on your site shows your incompetence
in understanding that the money you owe people just might have been
important enough to them as to affect their lives.

>
> > Before you came on RGP I probably would have given you the benefit of
the
> > doubt that something beyond your control happened to PokerSpot and you
were
> > left in a bad position.  Since you came here I now realize you are just
a
> > piece of shit and deserve any and all criticism you get.
>
> When people are posting retarded posts and making snap judgments based on
> incomplete information, yes I can come off as a little shit.  Maybe it has
> something to do with losing a multi-million doller company and being
> flamed for my efforts to set things right.  If only everyone could be cool
> and cheery at all times...
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
>
>


poker players dead pool NWBurbsCouple 1/2/03 3:07 PM
>or they blew their houses and their families by trusting their money at
>pokerspot

Don't worry.  I'm sure all thsoe compassionate poker players like PBOCop will
make up their losses for them.

poker players dead pool NWBurbsCouple 1/2/03 3:07 PM
>Have you noticed that there isn't one person on here that feels the least
>bit of sympathy for you?   You will be judged in the future on your failures
>in the past.  If anyone even thinks about investing in anything you do they
>should have their heads examined.
>

Interesting.  Now compare this to the O'Malley post on the Ponzi scheme.

poker players dead pool NWBurbsCouple 1/2/03 3:08 PM
>That you truly believe this is what makes it all the more disturbing.  That
>there was probably over $1 million lost on your site shows your incompetence
>in understanding that the money you owe people just might have been
>important enough to them as to affect their lives.
>
Even more interesting.  I don't recall an O-Malley posting sentiments like
these about the Ponzi scheme, though.  Oh wait.  An O"Malley made money there
so it was OK.  Never mind.
poker players dead pool Michael O'Malley 1/2/03 3:11 PM
Hey Burbs, are you aware that two different people, whether related or not
are allowed to have different points of view and different opinions?

"NWBurbsCouple" <nwburbscouple@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
news:20030102180808.02744.00000820@mb-ch.aol.com...

poker players dead pool Jdoo123 1/2/03 3:11 PM
>Subject: Re: poker players dead pool
>From: "Russ Boyd" anon...@wagerware.com
>Date: 1/2/2003 5:22 PM Eastern Standard Time
>Message-id: <1Z2R9.2031054$H65.2...@post-02.news.easynews.com>
>

>It's too bad because we owed more than a thousand players.  You can't
>start paying people until you have a stream of income.

Understood.But you instruct your employess to deny,make up storys,lie"bounce
them" around with anything other then the truth till you can scheme something
up.

>As far as the 5%
>deal, I don't remember posting that.  I was probably drunk.

You must have been,if you think anyones dumb enough to take you up on it.I
recall another one of your's looking for a backer for wsop or wpo.

>Matt?  Is that you?  Seriously.  It wasn't right.  It was well-intentioned
>but it wasn't right.  We didn't have a way to pay any players... it was
>borrowing from Andrew to pay Lance.  Matt is currently owed approximately
>$45k in back wages.
>

No,this surely isnt Matt.45k huh,so everyone got a good screwing I see.

>f you think high moral character is the redeeming trait of the poker room
>operator, then I'm not really sure what to say except that I have a pretty
>good estimate that Paradise raked about $50 million last year.  I don't
>think a significant chunk of that money is going to charity.

Lol,at least theyre able to pay their customers,then they can worry about
charity.You didnt get the first part of that right.And no,I dont expect my
freindly poker room operator to be a canidate for sainthood but I would expect
them to not "bounce " me around for 2-3 weeks trying to come up with some
cash.The truth would be better.

poker players dead pool Michael O'Malley 1/2/03 3:13 PM

"NWBurbsCouple" <nwburbscouple@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
news:20030102180553.02744.00000819@mb-ch.aol.com...


Then lets compare any of your posts to GROAN's, or Wayno's or Russ G's.  Oh
wait, you mean your are all different people?


poker players dead pool RMITCHCOLL 1/2/03 3:17 PM
>Hey Burbs, are you aware that two different people, whether related or not
>are allowed to have different points of view and different opinions?
>

even here on RGP? please post the rulebook link.

Randy

poker players dead pool greatbrit 1/2/03 3:22 PM
Russ Boyd wrote:

>On Jan 2 2003 3:04PM, greatbrit wrote:
>
>First off, Paul... I think it's interesting that you choose to criticize
>me in public while being very, very amiable to my face the couple of times
>we've encountered each other.
>
The first time I didn't know who you were, then someone told me and I
posted in rgp asking if that's who you were, you ignored that, then the
second time I saw you I flat out asked if you were the PokerSpot guy and
you froze like a deer in headlights, then eventually said yes.  I was
amiable because I had just been introduced to you by a nice poker buddy
who didn't realize I'd already met you, I didn't want him to feel
embarrassed.

>I have yet to get a negative email from anyone reading my RGP posts.
>

I have very much enjoyed your poker related posts.  Once I knew who you
were I went to three people I trust to get advice, I didn't know whether
to expose 'Dutch' or not, I wanted people to know where to go for their
lawsuits, but I was also very concerned that if people knew who you were
then it might actually put you in physical danger.  I made the agonizing
decision to stay quiet as long as you didn't get out of line by starting
a new scheme.  You were now caught between a rock and a hard place, you
wanted to again be active in the poker community, but you knew I or
someone else could expose you at any point, so you made the clever
decision to 'come clean' in rgp.  But the more you spoke, the deeper you
got.  In fact even now you prove your total lack of remorse and lack of
ethics by thinking that your poor employees should be paid off before
your customers are.  You seem proud of the fact that ethics and business
are mutually exclusive.

>I have yet to get a positive reply in public.
>

You have yet to tell us that you will go get a job and pay everybody
back from your earnings.

>So fuck off, Paul... what have you ever done for the poker
>industry?  Made a clock?
>

I'm actually quite proud of my clock, I'm also very proud of my standing
in the poker community, I don't have to hide from anyone, I've never
cheated anyone.  But why do you ask?  Are you saying that you have
benefited the poker industry?

>I should spend the next three hours making a better one just to undersell you.
>

Yes, but who would buy it from _you_?

>It's not illegal to count on accounts receivables coming in.  It is also
>not illegal to have a float when you have assets valued at more than 3x
>what was owed.  Those assets are no longer worth much because dozens of
>development teams have created copy-cat solutions with the intention of
>making it big against established winners in the market.
>

You had assets of 3X what is owed?  So rather than you and your partners
continue trying to become multi-millionaires, why didn't you instead
dissolve the company to pay off your customers, then take the other 2X
and start over again, or use the money to go after your scapegoat
NetPro?  In fact I heard that you had the opportunity to do exactly
that, but turned down the deal.

But keep talking Russ, it's a fascinating glimpse into the mind of an
morally bankrupt egomaniac.

Paul

poker players dead pool DaVoice 1/2/03 6:50 PM
Ummm....

I think O'Malley was writing for CardPlayer BEFORE PokerSpot was in
existence.  I could be wrong, but I think I'm right.  If so, then maybe it
was YOU, Russ, who wasn't paying attention.

Rick "DaVoice" Charles


"Russ Boyd" <anon...@wagerware.com> wrote in message
news:kR2R9.31937$%l6.403528@news.easynews.com...
> On Jan 2 2003 1:04PM, Michael O'Malley wrote:
>
> > Before you came on RGP I probably would have given you the benefit of
the
> > doubt that something beyond your control happened to PokerSpot and you
were
> > left in a bad position.  Since you came here I now realize you are just
a
> > piece of shit and deserve any and all criticism you get.
>
> I figured it out, Michael.  What rubs me the wrong way about you is that
> you have repeatedly been very vocal in your criticism against me, often
> resorting to name calling, and you didn't even play at Pokerspot.  In
> fact, I don't even think you were around in those days... I certainly
> didn't hear about you until recently.  It just goes to show that an amount
> of notoriety can be had by just being loud and spouting out insults.
> That's fine.  You think I'm shit.  I think you're shit.  So at least I
> made things even between you and me, right?  It's a start.
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
>
>


poker players dead pool DaVoice 1/2/03 6:50 PM
I've been in the same room at the same time with BOTH PBO and RZITUP.  I
will confirm that they are indeed VERY different people, although they share
genetics.

RC

"NWBurbsCouple" <nwburbscouple@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
news:20030102180553.02744.00000819@mb-ch.aol.com...

poker players dead pool Michael O'Malley 1/2/03 7:16 PM

"DaVoice" <ri...@voiceofpoker.com> wrote in message
news:v19ujlgf9vbdae@corp.supernews.com...

> I've been in the same room at the same time with BOTH PBO and RZITUP.  I
> will confirm that they are indeed VERY different people, although they
share
> genetics.

Liar...I dont share anything with him!

>
> RC
>
> "NWBurbsCouple" <nwburbscouple@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
> news:20030102180553.02744.00000819@mb-ch.aol.com...
> > >Have you noticed that there isn't one person on here that feels the
least
> > >bit of sympathy for you?   You will be judged in the future on your
> failures
> > >in the past.  If anyone even thinks about investing in anything you do
> they
> > >should have their heads examined.
> > >
> >
> > Interesting.  Now compare this to the O'Malley post on the Ponzi scheme.
>
>


poker players dead pool Burton Ritchie 1/2/03 10:42 PM
Russ,
Until now, I have stayed silent amidst all of the RGP controversy you
create.  But that was until you attacked Paul Westley, who, if you
spend the rest of your life trying to develop integrity and character,
will still be twice the man you will ever be.  Furthermore, after
reading your posts, which change every day, I have become sickened to
the point that I feel compelled to share my little part in your saga.

My involvement with Russ Boyd and Pokerspot:

In Spring of 2001, I was working with a partner in Boston and some
venture capitalists from Kansas City to develop an internet poker
site.  Several poker celebrities that post on this site had been
contracted to work with the site and we were in the final stages of
acquiring software.

Seeing the difficulty that Pokerspot was experiencing, we approached
Russ with an offer to either buy his company outright, or to license
his software.  Russ agreed that the idea sounded good and we arranged
to meet in Boston for a sitdown to discuss the possible arrangements.
Upon meeting Russ, I was extraordinarily impressed  with how highly
Russ thought of himself.  However, he was very smooth, if a little
oily, and we spoke in depth about his predicament and the
opportunities still available.

We were very interested in the intellectual and non-tangible property
that Pokerspot owned: mailing lists, software, patents, etc…  We came
up with an offer that we presented to Russ in the late Spring.  The
offer included paying off all of the debts of Pokerspot (which Russ
stated was $300,000 at that time) $200,000 for Russ, and 10% in the
new company, which we had decided to call PokerScene.  Russ agreed to
the stipulations, and we sent him a draft.  Russ signed a copy of the
draft and returned it to me by FedEx.

At this point, we contacted our venture capitalist and prepared to
arrange for finalizing the financial transactions.  The next day, Russ
and I were talking on the phone I made mention of the non-compete
clause and he laughed at me.  I asked what was funny and he replied
that I didn't think he was actually going to get out of this industry,
did I?  I directed him to the draft that he had signed which included
that we received all intellectual rights, mailing lists, patents, etc.
and that he would not be eligible to work in the industry for 3 years
(might have been 2).  He got the contract, looked at it, agreed that
was what it meant, agreed that he had signed it, and then said there
was no way he was going to honor it, and that if we wanted all of
those things, we would have to pay him over $1,000,000 (I think he
said he had an offer from a company for 1.2 Mil, but at this point, I
was rolling on the ground laughing my ass off.)  I asked him if he was
serious.  He stated that he was and that he thought that even at those
terms, we would be getting an incredibly great deal.  It was at this
point that I realized that Russ was amoral, unethical, megalomaniacal,
and probably insane.  I informed him that he was out of his mind and
was probably passing up the best deal he was going to find.

My backers, upon seeing the deal fall through, developed cold feet,
withdrew and the deal died.  The based their decision in part on
feeling that if people like Russ were indicative of the people in the
industry, they wanted no part of it.  So, in a way, Russ actually
helped to kill two internet poker companies.  But he did have a signed
contract that would have taken care of his debts to Pokerspots
customers and left him smelling a lot sweeter than the drunkard
offering his futures for $5K that he claims to be.

Russ,
I have seen you three times since then and, like Paul, have been nice
to you.  This was not because I like you, it was because I felt sorry
for you and believed that you still deserved some basic human dignity.
 I have changed my mind.  I believe that you are completely devoid of
any character whatsoever, and that until you start to truly accept
that you are responsible for your actions that you will never be
anything more than a spoiled child prodigy gone bad.  Nobody cares how
smart you are or what a brilliant poker player you feel you are.  What
people do care about Russ is that you are slimy, and the more you
speak, the more obvious that becomes.  When you attack people like
Paul, who went out of his way to not say bad things about you, you are
out of your league.  In the future, be abundantly clear, I do not want
to hang out, have a drink, or talk about future business.

Burton Ritchie

poker players dead pool lvdlrs 1/2/03 10:57 PM
Says a lot about Russ Boyd, doesn't it?  More importantly,
it says a lot about Paul Westley.

Gary (...) Philips

poker players dead pool Michael O'Malley 1/2/03 11:44 PM
Burton may wear the goofiest clothes I have ever seen :), but this post
sheds some light on the character of Russ.

"Burton Ritchie" <psys...@aol.com> wrote in message
news:b6e0004f.0301022242.51bdacbf@posting.google.com...


> Russ,
> Until now, I have stayed silent amidst all of the RGP controversy you
> create.  But that was until you attacked Paul Westley, who, if you
> spend the rest of your life trying to develop integrity and character,
> will still be twice the man you will ever be.  Furthermore, after
> reading your posts, which change every day, I have become sickened to
> the point that I feel compelled to share my little part in your saga.
>
> My involvement with Russ Boyd and Pokerspot:
>
> In Spring of 2001, I was working with a partner in Boston and some
> venture capitalists from Kansas City to develop an internet poker
> site.  Several poker celebrities that post on this site had been
> contracted to work with the site and we were in the final stages of
> acquiring software.
>
> Seeing the difficulty that Pokerspot was experiencing, we approached
> Russ with an offer to either buy his company outright, or to license
> his software.  Russ agreed that the idea sounded good and we arranged
> to meet in Boston for a sitdown to discuss the possible arrangements.
> Upon meeting Russ, I was extraordinarily impressed  with how highly
> Russ thought of himself.  However, he was very smooth, if a little
> oily, and we spoke in depth about his predicament and the
> opportunities still available.
>
> We were very interested in the intellectual and non-tangible property
> that Pokerspot owned: mailing lists, software, patents, etc.  We came

poker players dead pool RazzO 1/2/03 11:48 PM
When you have a Gothic haircut you need clothes like that  ;)

razz

poker players dead pool Brian Court 1/3/03 6:50 AM
"Michael O'Malley" <rzi...@lvcm.raise.com> wrote in message news:<i30R9.29963$oy5.2...@news2.west.cox.net>...

> "Russ Boyd" <anon...@wagerware.com> wrote in message
> news:xK%Q9.2024369$H65.254226@post-02.news.easynews.com...
> > > or they blew their houses and their families by trusting their money at
> > > pokerspot
> >
> > The vast majority of funds lost to Pokerspot were winnings above the
> > initial deposit.  The reason, of course, is because we were without a
> > processing solution and were not cashing out players.  The three worst
> > cases of loss occurred from players who made between them $120k in three
> > months of play.  Nobody lost their house or their families on account of
> > Pokerspot not honoring cashouts.  I can tell you that with a certainty.
>
>
> Um Russ......Where exactly did the winnings for the other players come from,
> your pocket?  At least 3 people together won $120K and you are CERTAIN that
> nobody lost their house or families?
>
> And whatever happened to that great deal you were working on to get the
> players money back?

>
> Before you came on RGP I probably would have given you the benefit of the
> doubt that something beyond your control happened to PokerSpot and you were
> left in a bad position.  Since you came here I now realize you are just a
> piece of shit and deserve any and all criticism you get.


  Finally I agree with an OMalley. Russ becomes more of a piece of shit
  with every post.

  Brian C
>
>
> >
> > A lot of players point fingers because of the Pokerspot ordeal.  They
> > imagine that we were cheats and liars.  Well, we were unsavvy, that's for
> > sure.  But consider the story of Lance Hewitt, a Finnish player, and his
> > interactions with my former VP Matthew Winfrey.
> >
> > Matt and I were old law school buddies.  I figured I could trust Matt with
> > my life, so I could probably trust him to go into business together.  This
> > turned out to be a mistake.  Around January 15, 2000, we got the bad news
> > from Net Pro that approximately $500k in player deposits was not going to
> > be reaching our bank.  I was in Reno meeting with Mark Napolitano over at
> > Poker Pages.  He was in charge of things while I was gone.  Matt had
> > already sent out the existing player cashouts just expecting the money to
> > be in our account.  He didn't check it before the checks went out.  And
> > when we got the news that the wire was going to be "late", he didn't
> > cancel the checks.
> >
> > When I got back from my business trip things had gone from VERY good to
> > VERY bad overnight.  We were not to receive the player deposits.  We did
> > not have a merchant account and could not process new deposits.  And our
> > corporate bank account had been completely wiped out.  We were down to the
> > felt with pretty much no way out.  While I scrambled to fix all of the
> > technical and business problems, I stuck Matt with the customer support
> > problem.  I told him that no cashouts were going out and that he was to do
> > anything he could to keep everyone quiet.  If they were too squeaky, he
> > was to talk to them on the phone and explain the situation.  I didn't care
> > what he said... there was no money to go around at that point.
> >
> > That's about the time when Lance Hewitt emailed Matt talking about how
> > desperate he was for his cashout.  Lance was an American who somehow
> > landed a dealing job in Finland.  He explained that he was relying on the
> > money to pay his house payment.  He was going to lose his house and his
> > wife was going to leave him.  Matt bounced him around for about two weeks
> > with delay tactics.  Finally he approached me.
> >
> > I told him what I think any savvy businessmen would have said in my
> > position.  "Gee, Matt.  That's a pretty sad story.  Too bad for him, huh?
> > Now leave me alone while I try and figure out a miracle to save this
> > business and get everyone paid off."
> >
> > That's when Matt went behind my back and borrowed $5k from one of our
> > lower level employees who worked customer service... a twenty year old kid
> > named Andrew.  I guess Andrew had the money and felt bad for Lance.  Lance
> > got paid.  Other players didn't.  It was another two weeks before I
> > scraped up the $5k needed to get set up with Firepay.
> >
> > I found out about the unauthorized loan about three weeks later.  Matt and
> > I parted ways shortly thereafter.  I would have fired him on the spot if
> > he was actually getting paid at that point.  I certainly understand where
> > he was coming from, of course... if he hadn't gone behind my back, Lance
> > wouldn't have gotten paid.  And there was no way in hell I was authorizing
> > any cashouts until I knew where the money was going to come from.  Who
> > knows if the story Lance gave Matt was true... I don't know.  I think it
> > probably was.
> >
> > Because he went behind my back, we're no longer friends.  There isn't any
> > room for bleeding hearts in business.  And there isn't any room for
> > dishonesty in friendship.  That lesson right there is a pretty important
> > lesson that the Pokerspot project taught me.  That's the end of the story.
> >
> > So Susan... with all due respect, I really hope you think twice before you
> > make allegations that you can't back up.


> >
> > _________________________________________________________________
> > Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
> >
> >

poker players dead pool The Beet Man 1/9/03 1:21 AM
On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 17:17:08 GMT, "Russ Boyd"
<anon...@wagerware.com> wrote:

>Just when I think the RGP bitches are tired of kicking me while down...
>honestly.  This is thread is in really bad taste if it's a joke and pretty
>immoral if it's not.  

If you're "down," how do you think your victims are?

>Having actually gotten death threats over the
>Pokerspot ordeal, I for one don't appreciate it.  

He's just being realistic.  Your dishonesty has made you enemies, and
you'll just have to learn with that.  

>Maybe it's funny for you... there's no accounting for taste.  Tut try and
>be sensitive to the fact that there are actual people behind the screen.

Try to be sensitive to the fact that when you steal almost half a
million dollars from people, they tend to get pissed.  

>Some of them don't like being put into a dead pool.  Others are gossipy
>little bitches with nothing to contribute like yourselves and too much
>time on their hands because they blew their houses and their families
>trying to be big-shot poker players.  

What about those who blew their houses and families trusting others
not to steal their money?

>People like that are pretty suggestible, don't you think?

You'd have to be a high pick on any "dead pool" since you obviously
have more enemies than most.  There's an old saying that goes
something like "You reap what you sow."  I'm sorry that bothers you,
but if you don't want enemies, don't steal their money.  It's really
that simple.  

>On Jan 1 2003 6:08PM, CSI Minneapolis wrote:
>
>> Forgot number 1 participant.
>>
>> Ceo and laughing stock of pokerspot.com
>>
>>
>> "Fourflushr" <fourflushr@aol.comdamnspam> wrote in message
>> news:20030101130348.10405.00000793@mb-ba.aol.com...
>> > 1. russ gorgiev
>> > 2. john martino
>> > 3. bill nirdlinger
>> > 4. dave keiser
>> > 5. razzo
>> > 6. doyle Brunson
>> > 7. puggy pearson
>> > 8. barry johnston
>> > 9. bobby hoff
>> > 10. john bonetti
>> > 11. pat calahan
>> > 12. hal (mirage)
>> >
>> > casino arizona:
>> >
>> > 1. big al
>> > 2. chicago bob
>> > 3. steve simmons
>> >
>> > extra credit:  vince lepore
>> >
>> > wishful thinking:  aaron katz
>> >
>> >
>> > brett


>> >
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
>

--
This post brought to you courtesy of the Beet Man!

poker players dead pool Mary McGuirk 1/29/03 10:51 PM
As the owner and moderator of www.PokerScene.com, I would like to
clarify that Burton Ritchie is not associated with our site. Our site
has absolutely no connection with the defunct site owned by Russ Boyd,
and we are actively attempting to assure that no players are ever at
risk of loss when a site closes its doors.

I personally lost money at DRAGON POKER INN and POKER COSMO, almost
$3,000 and as developing www.PokerVault.com as an alternative to keep
money SEPARATE from the sites and EASILY transported from site to
site.

The fail safes options and monitoring we have built into the process
should be of interest to anyone seriously hoping for the option to
have one bankroll for all the sites instead of five or more for every
site we wish to play.

Thank you, Mary McGuirk

psys...@aol.com (Burton Ritchie) wrote in message news:<b6e0004f.0301022242.51bdacbf@posting.google.com>...

poker players dead pool Seeker21 1/30/03 3:55 AM
Burton Ritchie writes:

[snip]

>In Spring of 2001, I was working with a partner in Boston and some
>venture capitalists from Kansas City to develop an internet poker
>site.  Several poker celebrities that post on this site had been
>contracted to work with the site and we were in the final stages of
>acquiring software.
>

[snip]

>We were very interested in the intellectual and non-tangible property
>that Pokerspot owned: mailing lists, software, patents, etc…  We came
>up with an offer that we presented to Russ in the late Spring.  The
>offer included paying off all of the debts of Pokerspot (which Russ
>stated was $300,000 at that time) $200,000 for Russ, and 10% in the
>new company, which we had decided to call PokerScene.  Russ agreed to
>the stipulations, and we sent him a draft.  Russ signed a copy of the
>draft and returned it to me by FedEx.
>

I showed this post to Mary McGuirk of the PokerScene site, which began
operations last fall and "officially" launched earlier this month
(www.pokerscene.com).  PokerScene is concerned with online poker.  It provides
a moderated players' forum and other features, but no online play.  A major
goal is to establish a PokerVault portable bankroll that players can use in
different online cardrooms.

Apparently Burton and Mary independently came up with the same name.  Mary's
comment is below.


Seeker

Mary's comment:

"As the owner and moderator of www.PokerScene.com, I would like to clarify that
Burton Ritchie is not associated with our site. Our site has absolutely no
connection with the defunct site owned by Russ Boyd, and we are actively
attempting to ensure that no players are ever at risk of loss when a site
closes its doors.

I personally lost money at DRAGON POKER INN and POKER COSMO, almost $3,000 and
am developing www.PokerVault.com as an alternative to keep money SEPARATE from

the sites and EASILY transported from site to site.

The fail safe options and monitoring we have built into the process should be


of interest to anyone seriously hoping for the option to have one bankroll for
all the sites instead of five or more for every
site we wish to play.

Thank you, Mary McGuirk"

More topics »