Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe

Showing 1-219 of 219 messages
Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Alexander Wyeth Ruthven 4/7/94 8:08 AM

It is a little known fact that any actor or actress can be linked back
to Kevin Bacon. For example:

Nick Nolte was in
        CAPE FEAR with
Robert De Niro who was in
        GOODFELLAS with
Joe Pesci who was in
        JFK
with Kevin Bacon.

This thread has been circulating at the University of Virginia, where it
has recieved 80 responses in just over a week.

Try it with anyone, it works!
Wyeth Ruthven
465-1 Lambeth
Charlottesville, VA 22904

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Don Porter 4/7/94 9:37 AM
<CnwA2...@murdoch.acc.virginia.edu>, (Alexander Wyeth Ruthven) wrote:
> Nick Nolte was in
>         CAPE FEAR with
> Robert De Niro who was in
>         GOODFELLAS with
> Joe Pesci who was in
>         JFK
> with Kevin Bacon.
> [...]

>Try it with anyone, it works!

OK, let's give it a try...

Jaye Davidson was in
        THE CRYING GAME with
Stephen Rea who was in
        ANGIE with
Geena Davis who was in
        A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN with
Rosie O'Donnell who will be in
        THE FLINTSTONES with
Elizabeth Perkins who was in
        HE SAID, SHE SAID
with Kevin Bacon

Darn, only four degrees of separation.  Somebody try Stockard Channing.

--
|   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
|  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Cal Lott 4/7/94 10:19 AM
d...@atlas.wustl.edu (Don Porter) writes:

><CnwA2...@murdoch.acc.virginia.edu>, (Alexander Wyeth Ruthven) wrote:
>> Nick Nolte was in
>>         CAPE FEAR with
>> Robert De Niro who was in
>>         GOODFELLAS with
>> Joe Pesci who was in
>>         JFK
>> with Kevin Bacon.
>> [...]
>>Try it with anyone, it works!

>OK, let's give it a try...

>Jaye Davidson was in
>        THE CRYING GAME with
>Stephen Rea who was in
>        ANGIE with
>Geena Davis who was in
>        A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN with
>Rosie O'Donnell who will be in
>        THE FLINTSTONES with
>Elizabeth Perkins who was in
>        HE SAID, SHE SAID
>with Kevin Bacon

>Darn, only four degrees of separation.  Somebody try Stockard Channing.

Ok:

Stockard Channing was in
        SIX DEGREES OF SEPERATION with
Donald Sutherland who was in
        LOST BOYS with
Kiefer Sutherland who was in
        FLATLINERS
with Kevin Bacon

Only two degrees of seperation here. If you can link the actor with
someone as prolific as Donald Sutherland, you've got it made.

I'd be impressed if somebody could do it with an older actor. You
know, some one like, oh . . . Myrna Loy.

Or an actor who hasn't done many films. Jane March, for instance.

The worst would be an obscure older actor who only did one film. But
that's not in the spirit of the game, I guess. 8-)

                                Regards,

                                -Cal
"From all us Slackers to all you Boomers ... HAHAHAHAHAHA! WE HAVE
SATELLITE MOUNTED RAIL-GUNS! HEH HEH. Who's laughing now?"-- S. Lang

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Peter Merholz 4/7/94 11:18 AM
In article <CnwA2...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,

aw...@darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU (Alexander Wyeth Ruthven) wrote:

> It is a little known fact that any actor or actress can be linked back
> to Kevin Bacon.
> Try it with anyone, it works!
> Wyeth Ruthven
> 465-1 Lambeth
> Charlottesville, VA 22904

A friend did, with Pauly Shore no less. And got:

Pauly Shore was in ENCINO MAN with Sean Astin who was in GOONIES with Corey
Feldman who was in THE LOST BOYS with Kiefer Sutherland who was in A FEW
GOOD MEN with...

Kevin Bacon.

It helps that Kevin Bacon's been in JFK and A FEW GOOD MEN, two films
filled with popular actors...

--Peter

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Don Porter 4/7/94 11:25 AM
<14...@midway.uchicago.edu> (Cal Lott) writes:
> I'd be impressed if somebody could do it with an older actor. You
> know, some one like, oh . . . Myrna Loy.

Myrna Loy was in
        IT HAPPENED AT LAKEWOOD MANOR with
Brian Dennehy who was in
        COCOON with
Steve Guttenberg who was in
        3 MEN AND A BABY with
Tom Selleck who was in
        AN INNOCENT MAN with
F. Murray Abraham who was in
        LAST ACTION HERO with
Austin O'Brien who was in
        THE LAWNMOWER MAN with
Jenny Wright who was in
        QUEENS LOGIC
with Kevin Bacon.

Six!

> Or an actor who hasn't done many films. Jane March, for instance.

You've got me there.  Can't escape from THE LOVER.

> The worst would be an obscure older actor who only did one film.

Like Pat Walshe.  Or any obscure actor.  Try Demian Slade.

---

|   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
|  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |
|   please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we       |
|___risk congratulations." -- Edmund Burke._________________________________|

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Fozzie Bear 4/7/94 1:08 PM
In article <2o1ct1$s...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>,
Don Porter <d...@atlas.wustl.edu> wrote:

>Darn, only four degrees of separation.  Somebody try Stockard Channing.

Okay...short and sweet

Stockard Channing was in
SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION with
Donald Sutherland who was in
JFK
with Kevin Bacon

Guess if it's good enough for UVa...we might as well tell the world 8-)

--
|Jeff Hawkins- Trombonist, Virginia Pep Band "We're not the ones who suck"
|"Remember son, in sports it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk
| you get"-Homer Simpson
|All Hail Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem..."They don't look Presbyterian"

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ na6230600-Thompson 4/7/94 1:46 PM
Myrna Loy who was in
    THE END with
Burt Reynolds who was in
    STARTING OVER with
Candice Bergen who was in
    CARNAL KNOWLEDGE with
 Jack Nicholson who was in
    A FEW GOOD MEN
with Kevin Bacon

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Michel Hafner 4/7/94 2:27 PM
In article <2o1j79$c...@bigfoot.wustl.edu> d...@atlas.wustl.edu writes:

>> Or an actor who hasn't done many films. Jane March, for instance.
>
>You've got me there.  Can't escape from THE LOVER.

Leung, Tony (I)|Lover, The|
Leung, Tony (I)|Better Tomorrow III, A|
Chow, Yun Fat|Better Tomorrow III, A|
Chow, Yun Fat|Killer, The|
Ernsberger, Duke|Killer, The|
Ernsberger, Duke|Summer Heat (1987)|
Edwards, Anthony|Summer Heat (1987)|
Edwards, Anthony|Top Gun (1986)|
Cruise, Tom|Top Gun (1986)|
Cruise, Tom|Few Good Men, A|
Bacon, Kevin|Few Good Men, A|

Voila!

Anybody for Maria Falconetti??
                                                                MH
--
   Michel Hafner             |\  /||\  /||     Email: haf...@ifi.unizh.ch
   Dept. of Computer Science | \/ || \/ ||     Tel.:  +41 1 257 4317

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe bhar...@lobby.ti.com 4/7/94 2:34 PM

>Ok:

Actually, Kiefer was in Lost Boys, not
Donald.
BUT
Stockard Channing was in
  GREASE
with John Travolta who was in
LOOK WHO"S TALKING
 with Bruce Willis who was in
    THE PLAYER
with Julia Roberts who was in
  FLATLINERS with

KEVIN BACON!

or how about
OMAR SHARIF who was in
  FUNNY GIRL
with Barbra Streisand who was in
  NUTS
with Richard Dreyfuss who was in
  MOON OVER PARADOR
with Sonia Braga who was in
  THE MILAGRO BEANFIELD WAR
with Daniel Stern who was in
 DINER with

KEVIN BACON

(top that one if you can!!!)

Liz

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Don Porter 4/7/94 3:34 PM
<5...@ifi.unizh.ch> (Michel Hafner) writes:
> Anybody for Maria Falconetti??

Maria Falconetti was in
        THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC with
Michel Simon who was in
        SCENT OF A WOMAN (1992) with
Chris O'Donnell who was in
        THE THREE MUSKETEERS (1993) with
Oliver Platt who was in
        FLATLINERS
with Kevin Bacon.

OK, what's the Bacon number for Anna Paquin?

---
|   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
|  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |
|   please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we       |
|___risk congratulations." -- Edmund Burke._________________________________|

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Cal Lott 4/7/94 3:48 PM
d...@atlas.wustl.edu (Don Porter) writes:

><14...@midway.uchicago.edu> (Cal Lott) writes:
>> I'd be impressed if somebody could do it with an older actor. You
>> know, some one like, oh . . . Myrna Loy.

>Myrna Loy was in
>        IT HAPPENED AT LAKEWOOD MANOR with
>Brian Dennehy who was in
>        COCOON with
>Steve Guttenberg who was in
>        3 MEN AND A BABY with
>Tom Selleck who was in
>        AN INNOCENT MAN with
>F. Murray Abraham who was in
>        LAST ACTION HERO with
>Austin O'Brien who was in
>        THE LAWNMOWER MAN with
>Jenny Wright who was in
>        QUEENS LOGIC
>with Kevin Bacon.

>Six!

That's great, but I can beat it:

Myrna Loy was in
        IT HAPPENED AT LAKEWOOD MANOR with
Brian Dennehy who was in
        SILVERADO with
Kevin Costner who was in
        JFK
with Kevin Bacon.

Only two degrees of seperation!

Goddamn. I would have never gotten the LAKEWOOD MANOR reference if you
hadn't posted it, either. I've never even heard of the film before!

Ok. Anybody game for Charles Chaplin? (And no, the Chaplin footage in
Attenborough's CHAPLIN biopic doesn't count -- original films only,
please. 8-) )

Or Cary Grant?

Or Catherine Hepburn?

>> Or an actor who hasn't done many films. Jane March, for instance.

>You've got me there.  Can't escape from THE LOVER.

        Yeah, me neither. Tony Leung *might* let you get out, but it
would have to be a pretty obscure reference.

>> The worst would be an obscure older actor who only did one film.

>Like Pat Walshe.  Or any obscure actor.  Try Demian Slade.

        You got me there. Never heard of either of them.

                        Planning to brush up on my classic movies,

                        -Cal

P.S. This is fun! 8-)

"From all us Slackers to all you Boomers ... HAHAHAHAHAHA! WE HAVE
SATELLITE MOUNTED RAIL-GUNS! HEH HEH. Who's laughing now?"-- S. Lang

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Don Porter 4/7/94 4:33 PM

<28...@midway.uchicago.edu> (Cal Lott) writes:
> Myrna Loy was in                IT HAPPENED AT LAKEWOOD MANOR with
> Brian Dennehy who was in        SILVERADO with
> Kevin Costner who was in        JFK with
> Kevin Bacon.

Even easier, just short circuit my list from Steve Guttenberg straight to
Kevin Bacon through DINER.  Bonus: I avoid the over-used (IMHO) JFK and
A FEW GOOD MEN.

But I was also going for the resonance of Six degrees of separation.
Including Austin O'Brien was a nice touch I thought.

> Goddamn. I would have never gotten the LAKEWOOD MANOR reference if you
> hadn't posted it, either. I've never even heard of the film before!

1977 made-for-TV flick starring Suzanne Somers.  Turns up on late night TV
frequently under the title ANTS, which is what it's about -- killer armies
of ants.  I think Myrna Loy was brought out of (semi-?) retirement to appear
in this one.

> Ok. Anybody game for Charles Chaplin?  Or Cary Grant? Or Catherine Hepburn?

I'll pass for now.

>> Like Pat Walshe.  Or any obscure actor.  Try Demian Slade.
>         You got me there. Never heard of either of them.

Walshe is in THE WIZARD OF OZ, if that gets you started.

Slade plays the paper boy in BETTER OFF DEAD (1985).  His Bacon number is 2:

Demian Slade was in                BETTER OFF DEAD (1985) with
Daniel Schneider who was in        THE BIG PICTURE with
Kevin Bacon

---
|   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
|  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |
|   please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we       |
|___risk congratulations." -- Edmund Burke._________________________________|

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Alexander Wyeth Ruthven 4/7/94 6:13 PM

Charlie Chaplin was in
        THE COUNTESS OF HONG KONG with
Marlon Brando who was in
        THE GODFATHER with
Al Pacino who was in
        GODFATHER, PART II with

Robert De Niro who was in
        GOODFELLAS with
Joe Pesci who was in
        JFK
with Kevin Bacon.

Some near stumpers from UVa.
George C. Scott
Adrienne Shelly
Cheech Marin
Benjy.

Enjoy,
Wyeth

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Cristen West 4/7/94 6:22 PM

 The link is shorter.  Pauly Shore was in ENCINO MAN with Sean Astin who
 starred in a movie with Kevin Bacon.  I am not sure about the name of
the movie, though.  It was something like "Whitewaters", and it was
about a spoiled kid (Astin) having to go on a hike with some other kids.
The guide was Bacon, and he had his hands full with these brats. The boys
eventually caused Bacon to fall off a cliff and injure himself.  They
wisen up and set on a mission to return him to safety on the whitewater.
I only saw it once on tv, but I loved it.  I want to find out the name
for sure to see if I can rent it.  Sorry to get off the subject, but
this was a great Bacon movie.  I fell in love with him in this one.

                                        Cris 10

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Phineas 4/7/94 6:30 PM
c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu (Cal Lott) writes:

Let's see, Jack Nicholson...

Jack Nicholson was in A Few Good Men with Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise was in Taps with Timothy Hutton

Timothy Hutton was in Ordinary People with Donald Sutherland

Donald Sutherland was in JFK with Kevin Bacon

Hmmmm....

--Phineas Narco

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Craig R Albrechtson 4/7/94 7:45 PM
In article <1994Apr8.012233.26591@Armstrong.EDU> westc856@Armstrong.EDU (Cristen West) writes:

Lets see if Kevin bacon is the center of the Universe

Clark Gable
who Starred in Gone with the wind with
Vivian Leigh
who Starred in Streetcar named desire with
Marlon Brando
who Starred in Godfather with
Al Pacino
who starred in Sea of love with
John goodman
who starred in Flinstones with
Elizabeth perkins
who starred in She's having a baby with
KEVIN BACON

I guess so

* Craig Reese Albrechtson (Slider) * University of Wisconsin Milwaukee *
* The usual meaningless disclaimers apply * cra...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu    *

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Matt Brockman 4/7/94 7:51 PM
Arnold Scharzenegger was in
     TWINS with
Danny DeVito who was on
     TAXI with
Christopher Lloyd who was in
     BACK TO THE FUTURE with
Michael J. Fox who was on
     FAMILY TIES with
Michael Gross who was in
     TREMORS with...

Kevin Bacon!
Matt Brockman                                           mbro...@ecn.purdue.edu
    "While a llama may produce some of the world's finest of wools, prized
        around the world, their breath, on the other hand, could only
            be prized somewhere in the far reaches of llama hell."

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Grant Heinrich 4/7/94 9:17 PM
ph...@west.darkside.com (Phineas) writes:

>Let's see, Jack Nicholson...

>Jack Nicholson was in A Few Good Men with

Kevin Bacon?

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ mike d'angelo 4/7/94 9:35 PM
In article <2o21qg$b...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>, d...@atlas.wustl.edu (Don Porter) writes:
><5...@ifi.unizh.ch> (Michel Hafner) writes:
>> Anybody for Maria Falconetti??
>
>Maria Falconetti was in
>        THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC with
>Michel Simon who was in
>        SCENT OF A WOMAN (1992) with
>Chris O'Donnell who was in
>        THE THREE MUSKETEERS (1993) with
>Oliver Platt who was in
>        FLATLINERS
>with Kevin Bacon.
>
>OK, what's the Bacon number for Anna Paquin?

No problem.

Anna Paquin was in
        THE PIANO with
Holly Hunter who was in
        ONCE AROUND with

Richard Dreyfuss who was in
        STAKEOUT with
Madeleine Stowe who was in
        SHORT CUTS with
Fred Ward who was in
        TREMORS with
KEVIN BACON

This is kinda fun...

Someone do Toshiro Mifune.

Mike D'Angelo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ PETERSEN KIRK A 4/7/94 10:04 PM
In article <2o2597$b...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>,

Don Porter <d...@atlas.wustl.edu> wrote:
>> Ok. Anybody game for Charles Chaplin?  Or Cary Grant? Or Catherine Hepburn?

        Ok.  I'll try Chaplin.

        hmm... tough...

        How about relatives?

        Charles daughter Geraldine in Nashville...
        Elliot Gould in Nashville
        Elliot Gould in MASH
        Donald Sutherland in MASH
        Donald Sutherland in JFK
        Kevin Bacon...

if relatives don't count, how about Elizabeth Taylor.  I believe she was in
Chaplins last film.

Kirk Petersen
un...@clark.edu

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Steven Miale 4/7/94 11:26 PM
In article <2o2mvf$7...@cmcl2.nyu.edu>,
mike d'angelo <mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU> wrote:
>Someone do Toshiro Mifune.

Too easy.

Toshiro Mifune was in
        1941
with John Belushi who was in
        ANIMAL HOUSE
with Kevin Bacon.

How about:

        Charleton Heston
        Groucho Marx
        Walter Matthau
        Omar Sharif

Steve

--
Steven Miale - smi...@cs.indiana.edu | Don't blame me -
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  | I voted Libertarian.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Fozzie Bear 4/8/94 1:08 AM
In article <2o2mvf$7...@cmcl2.NYU.EDU>,

mike d'angelo <mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU> wrote:

Or you can do it a little more round-about

Anna Paquin was in
     THE PIANO with
Harvey Keitel who was in
     RESERVOIR DOGS with
Michael Madsen who was in
     THE GETAWAY with
Kim Basinger who was in
     BATMAN with
Michael Keaton who was in
     THE DREAM TEAM with
Stephen Furst who was in

       ANIMAL HOUSE
with Kevin Bacon

I really need to get a hobby.....

--
|Jeff Hawkins- Trombonist, Virginia Pep Band "We're not the ones who suck"
|"Remember son, in sports it's not whether you win or lose, it's how drunk
| you get"-Homer Simpson                  "They don't look like
|All Hail Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem- Presbyterians to me"

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Michel Hafner 4/8/94 3:13 AM
In article <2o21qg$b...@bigfoot.wustl.edu> d...@atlas.wustl.edu writes:
><5...@ifi.unizh.ch> (Michel Hafner) writes:
>> Anybody for Maria Falconetti??
>
>Maria Falconetti was in
>        THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC with
>Michel Simon who was in
>        SCENT OF A WOMAN (1992) with

Huh? Looks like an error. Michel Simon in SCENT OF A WOMAN (1992)??

>Chris O'Donnell who was in
>        THE THREE MUSKETEERS (1993) with
>Oliver Platt who was in...

                                                                        MH
--
   Michel Hafner             |\  /||\  /||     Email: haf...@ifi.unizh.ch
   Dept. of Computer Science | \/ || \/ ||     Tel.:  +41 1 257 4317
   University of Zurich      |    ||    ||____ Fax:   +41 1 363 0035
   Switzerland_________________________________Telex:  817 251 unii ch

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Benjamin Todd Tritle 4/8/94 3:45 AM
OK, here's a tough one (maybe)...

Elizabeth Taylor (this one could be a little drawn out, by the way I tied
it together).

-Ben

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Benjamin Todd Tritle 4/8/94 3:55 AM
PETERSEN KIRK A (un...@clark.edu) wrote:

: if relatives don't count, how about Elizabeth Taylor.  I believe she was in
: Chaplins last film.

I realize that I'm following up my own post with something else, but I
really wanted to get this down while I still remembered, thereby creating
the link to Elizabeth Taylor (the Charlie Chaplin-ET link goes to someone
else)...

ELIZABETH TAYLOR  - National Velvet
with
ANGELA LANSBURY  - Beauty and the Beast
with
JERRY ORBACH    - Dirty Dancing
with
JENNIFER GREY   - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
with
MATTHEW BRODERICK - Glory
with
DENZEL WASHINGTON - Philadelphia
with
TOM HANKS       - Big
with
ELIZABETH PERKINS - He Said, She Said
with
KEVIN BACON

so would that be a Bacon Number 7?

And someone else discover Charlie Chaplin, I'm bushed.

-Ben Tritle

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Benjamin Todd Tritle 4/8/94 3:59 AM
Phineas (ph...@west.darkside.com) wrote:

: Let's see, Jack Nicholson...

: Jack Nicholson was in A Few Good Men with Tom Cruise

: Tom Cruise was in Taps with Timothy Hutton

: Timothy Hutton was in Ordinary People with Donald Sutherland

: Donald Sutherland was in JFK with Kevin Bacon

Should I even bother saying

Jack Nicholson was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon...

or was this looking for another tie?

-Ben Tritle

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ die Wawafrau 4/8/94 4:13 AM
Charlton Heston was in
        TREASURE ISLAND
with Christian Bale who was in
        SWING KIDS
with that guy who played Emile who was in
        A FEW GOOD MEN (as the corporal dude)
with Kevin Bacon!

Walter Matthau was in
        Grumpy Old Men
with Ann-Margaret who was in
        Newsies
with Christian Bale...

How about Telly Savalas?  Erik Estrada?  Emmanuel Lewis?

--
><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Est :)                                    "Yet she wish'd/that heaven
h...@minerva.cis.yale.edu                 had made her such a fish." -I.iii
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Benjamin Todd Tritle 4/8/94 4:30 AM
Steven Miale (smi...@cs.indiana.edu) wrote:

:         Charleton Heston

I obviously have too much free time on my hands....
BUT I can do this one...

CHARLETON HESTON  - Planet of the Apes
with
RODDY MACDOWELL   - Class of '84 (The year might be off)
with
MICHAEL J. FOX   -  Family Ties
with
MICHAEL GROSS    -  Tremors
with
KEVIN BACON

Bacon=3

-Ben Tritle
(If Kevin Bacon IS the center of the universe, then what is MY personal Bacon
number?)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Benjamin Todd Tritle 4/8/94 4:51 AM
Steven Miale (smi...@cs.indiana.edu) wrote:
:         Walter Matthau

WALTER MATTHAU - The Odd Couple
with
JACK LEMMON    - Glengarry Glen Ross
with
AL PACINO      - The Godfather P. II
with
ROBERT DENIRO  - Goodfellas
with
JOE PESCI      - J.F.K.
with
KEVIN BACON

-Ben Tritle

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Rhett Shumpert 4/8/94 5:38 AM
George C. Scott was in TAPS with
Tom Cruise who was in A FEW GOOD MEN with
Kevin Bacon

--
"If you run with the footmen and they weary thee, how will you contend with
the horses? . . . you have to run with the horsemen whether you always feel

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Boyd Nation 4/8/94 5:58 AM

Nobody's taken the challenge of doing Pat Walshe yet, so here goes.  I'm
going to have to cheat and use the database to get started.

Pat Walshe -- Panic in the Streets
Jack Palance -- Panic in the Streets, Batman
Jack Nicholson -- Batman, A Few Good Men
Kevin Bacon -- A Few Good Men

There now, that wasn't so bad.

--
Boyd Nation                 bo...@cc.msstate.edu               Stress kills.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Boyd Nation 4/8/94 6:04 AM
In article <2o3d77$s...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>,
Benjamin Todd Tritle  <bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu> wrote:
>And someone else discover Charlie Chaplin, I'm bushed.

Charlie Chaplin --  The Great Dictator
Paulette Goddard -- The Great Dictator, Vice Squad (1953)
Edward G. Robinson -- Vice Squad, Soylent Green
Charlton Heston -- Soylent Green

Somebody already did Heston, so we'll leave it there.

--
Boyd Nation                 bo...@cc.msstate.edu               Stress kills.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ HO ROBERT ANDREW 4/8/94 6:09 AM
In article <2o3gf9$9...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>,

Benjamin Todd Tritle  <bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu> wrote:
>Steven Miale (smi...@cs.indiana.edu) wrote:
>:         Walter Matthau
>
>WALTER MATTHAU - The Odd Couple
>with
>JACK LEMMON    - Glengarry Glen Ross

Both of these guys were in JFK, so their Bacon number is 1.

--
Robert Ho
Univ. of Toronto

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Boyd Nation 4/8/94 6:57 AM
In article <2o3msa$o...@news.gatech.edu>,
Thomas Miller <tmi...@cimmeria.oit.gatech.edu> wrote:

I haven't checked these for optimality, but

>Charles Bronson?

Charles Bronson -- The Indian Runner
Valeria Golino -- The Indian Runner, Rain Man
Tom Cruise -- Rain Man, A Few Good Men

Kevin Bacon -- A Few Good Men

>Clint Eastwood?

Clint Eastwood -- A Perfect World
Kevin Costner -- A Perfect World, JFK
Kevin Bacon -- JFK

--
Boyd Nation                 bo...@cc.msstate.edu               Stress kills.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Thomas Miller 4/8/94 6:40 AM

Charles Bronson?

Clint Eastwood?

--
Thomas Miller                        tmi...@cimmeria.oit.gatech.edu
Systems Support Specialist II          Georgia Tech Network Services

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Cal Lott 4/8/94 7:34 AM
aw...@darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU (Alexander Wyeth Ruthven) writes:

>Charlie Chaplin was in
>        THE COUNTESS OF HONG KONG with
>Marlon Brando who was in
>        THE GODFATHER with
>Al Pacino who was in
>        GODFATHER, PART II with
>Robert De Niro who was in
>        GOODFELLAS with
>Joe Pesci who was in
>        JFK
>with Kevin Bacon.

>Some near stumpers from UVa.
>George C. Scott

George C. Scott was in
        DR. STRANGELOVE: OR, HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE
        THE BOMB with
James Earl Jones who was in
        FIELD OF DREAMS with
Kevin Costner who was in
        JFK with
Kevin Bacon

Scott's Bacon Number is two!

>Adrienne Shelly

        I don't know her.

>Cheech Marin

        Could we possibly get out via BORN IN EAST L.A.? (Just a
thought -- I never saw that film, and I don't think that any of the
Cheech and Chongs give us a cameo that we can use as an escape
route.)

>Benjy.

        Woof. That's a tough one.

                                        Regards,

                                        -Cal
"From all us Slackers to all you Boomers ... HAHAHAHAHAHA! WE HAVE
SATELLITE MOUNTED RAIL-GUNS! HEH HEH. Who's laughing now?"-- S. Lang

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Cal Lott 4/8/94 7:41 AM
tmi...@cimmeria.oit.gatech.edu (Thomas Miller) writes:

>Charles Bronson?

        Hmmm, indeed.

>Clint Eastwood?

Too easy:

Clint Eastwood was in
        A PERFECT WORLD with

Kevin Costner who was in
        JFK with
Kevin Bacon

Clint's Bacon Number is one!

                                        Regards,

                                        -Cal
"From all us Slackers to all you Boomers ... HAHAHAHAHAHA! WE HAVE
SATELLITE MOUNTED RAIL-GUNS! HEH HEH. Who's laughing now?"-- S. Lang

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Jeffrey Davis 4/8/94 7:47 AM

Richard Burbage?
--
Jeffrey Davis <da...@ca.uky.edu> Accordionally yours!
Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ bl...@gpx01.d39.lilly.com 4/8/94 8:25 AM
In article <1994Apr7.2...@midway.uchicago.edu>, c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu (Cal Lott) writes:

> Or Catherine Hepburn?

Catherine Hepburn
     ON GOLDEN POND
Jane Fonda
     ELECTRIC HORSEMAN
Robert Redford
     THE STING
Paul Newman
     THE COLOR OF MONEY
Tom Cruise
     A FEW GOOD MEN
Kevin Bacon
Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Chodorow Jordan 4/8/94 8:26 AM
Heck, I can even do it for an American Gladiator.^tm

Zap -- a/k/a Raye Hollitt -- was in
SKIN DEEP with
Vincent Gardenia who was in
MOONSTRUCK with
Nicolas Cage who was in
GUARDING TESS with
Shirley MacLaine who was in
DEFENDING YOUR LIFE with
Meryl Streep who was in
THE RIVER WILD with
Kevin Bacon.

What I would really like to see are some chains ending in Kevin's more
obscure movies: "White Water Summer," "The Big Picture," "Criminal Law," etc.

Jordan

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ cb...@pipeline.com 4/8/94 8:26 AM
Toshiro Mifune?

CJB

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ bhar...@lobby.ti.com 4/8/94 8:32 AM

>In article <2o2mvf$7...@cmcl2.nyu.edu>,
>mike d'angelo <mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU> wrote:
>>Someone do Toshiro Mifune.

>Too easy.

>Toshiro Mifune was in
>        1941
>with John Belushi who was in
>        ANIMAL HOUSE
>with Kevin Bacon.

>How about:

>        Charleton Heston
>        Groucho Marx
>        Walter Matthau
>        Omar Sharif

>Steve

I'll post this again
Omar Sharif was in FUNNY GIRL with
Barbra Streisand who was in NUTS with
Richard Dreyfuss who was in MOON OVER PARADOR with
Sonia Braga who was in MILAGRO BEANFIELD WAR with
Daniel Stern who was in DINER with

KEVIN BACON
(you could probably get closer but I liked having Sonia Braga in there)

Walter Matthau was in BAD NEWS BEARS with
Jackie what's his name who played the kid that cussed all the time
 anyway he was in BREAKING AWAY with
Daniel Stern who was in DINER with
KEVIN BACON

how 'bout John Barrymore but not using Drew?
Liz

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Benjamin Todd Tritle 4/8/94 9:00 AM
Cal Lott (c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu) wrote:

: >Benjy.

:         Woof. That's a tough one.

I proudly accept the challenge to come up with this one...

BENJI - (I forget the name, but there is one)
with
CHEVY CHASE - National Lampoon's Vacation
with
ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL - Breakfast Club
with
ALLY SHEEDY - Short Circuit
with
STEVE GUTTENBERG - Diner
with
KEVIN BACON

I apologize for lack of movie title, but I'm dead certain about the movie with
Chevy Chase because the plot revolved around Chevy Chase as a detective who
either dies and is reincarnated, OR just plain turns into a dog (Benji). If
someone could help me out, I know the rest of it is correct.

-Ben Tritle

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Joseph Hernandez 4/8/94 9:02 AM
In article <2o2mvf$7...@cmcl2.nyu.edu>,
mike d'angelo <mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU> wrote:
>Anna Paquin was in
>        THE PIANO with
>Holly Hunter who was in
>        ONCE AROUND with

>Richard Dreyfuss who was in
>        STAKEOUT with
>Madeleine Stowe who was in
>        SHORT CUTS with
>Fred Ward who was in
>        TREMORS with
>KEVIN BACON

There is a much faster match between Anna Paquin and Kevin Bacon:

Anna Paquin was in
        THE PIANO with
Holly Hunter who was in
        THE FIRM with

Tom Cruise who was in
        A FEW GOOD MEN with
Kevin Bacon.

Joe
--
Joseph Hernandez            : | |     / \  THE    Through riots, floods, fires,
jtc...@ocf.berkeley.edu    : | |    | . | CITY   and earthquakes, there's no

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Benjamin Todd Tritle 4/8/94 9:05 AM
Chodorow Jordan (jcho...@cc.brynmawr.edu) wrote:
: Heck, I can even do it for an American Gladiator.^tm

: Zap -- a/k/a Raye Hollitt -- was in
: SKIN DEEP with
: Vincent Gardenia who was in
: MOONSTRUCK with
: Nicolas Cage who was in
: GUARDING TESS with
: Shirley MacLaine who was in
: DEFENDING YOUR LIFE with
: Meryl Streep who was in
: THE RIVER WILD with
: Kevin Bacon.

I can go one better...

"NITRO" aka Dan Clark - Death Becomes Her
with
MERYL STREEP - The River Wild

with
KEVIN BACON

-Ben Tritle

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Boyd Nation 4/8/94 9:07 AM
In article <1994Apr8.1...@midway.uchicago.edu>,

Cal Lott <c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>aw...@darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU (Alexander Wyeth Ruthven) writes:
>>Adrienne Shelly

This was surprisingly hard, given that they're more or less contemporaries.
Here's the shortest one I could find:

Adrienne Shelly -- Hexed
Robin Curtis -- Hexed, Star Trek IV
William Shatner -- Star Trek IV, Star Trek II
Kirstie Alley -- Star Trek II, Runaway
Tom Selleck -- Runaway, Three Men and a Baby
Steve Guttenberg -- Three Men and a Baby, Diner
Kevin Bacon -- Diner

>>Cheech Marin

Cheech Marin -- Troop Beverly Hills
Shelley Long -- Troop Beverly Hills, Don't Tell Her It's Me
Steve Guttenberg --Don't Tell Her It's Me, Diner
Kevin Bacon -- Diner

--
Boyd Nation                 bo...@cc.msstate.edu               Stress kills.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Joseph Hernandez 4/8/94 9:07 AM
In article <2o3v7a$c...@agate.berkeley.edu>, Joseph Hernandez
<jtc...@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
>There is a much faster match between Anna Paquin and Kevin Bacon:
>Anna Paquin was in
>        THE PIANO with
>Holly Hunter who was in
>        THE FIRM with
>Tom Cruise who was in
>        A FEW GOOD MEN with
>Kevin Bacon.

What is the Bacon number for
Scott Baio who starred in the
early '80's film 'Zapped'?

Is there one?

Joe
--
Joseph Hernandez            : | |     / \  THE    Through riots, floods, fires,
jtc...@ocf.berkeley.edu    : | |    | . | CITY   and earthquakes, there's no
jtc...@soda.berkeley.edu    : | |__  |   | OF     other place I'd rather be.
jos...@uclink.berkeley.edu : |____|.|_|_|.ANGELS Come Summer 1994, I'm back!!!

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Joseph Hernandez 4/8/94 9:14 AM
In article <JPwFkc...@west.darkside.com>, Phineas <ph...@west.darkside.com>

wrote:
>Let's see, Jack Nicholson...
>Jack Nicholson was in A Few Good Men with Tom Cruise
>Tom Cruise was in Taps with Timothy Hutton
>Timothy Hutton was in Ordinary People with Donald Sutherland
>Donald Sutherland was in JFK with Kevin Bacon

Don't even go that far, JACK NICHOLSON
and KEVIN BACON were both in the cast
of A FEW GOOD MEN. In fact, Bacon
played the military attorney that
was defending Nicholson's character.

Joe
--
Joseph Hernandez            : | |     / \  THE    Through riots, floods, fires,
jtc...@ocf.berkeley.edu    : | |    | . | CITY   and earthquakes, there's no
jtc...@soda.berkeley.edu    : | |__  |   | OF     other place I'd rather be.
jos...@uclink.berkeley.edu : |____|.|_|_|.ANGELS Come Summer 1994, I'm back!!!

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Ceinwen Jones 4/8/94 9:27 AM
Scott Baio was in
        BUGSY MALONE with
Jodie Foster who was in
        SOTL
Anthony Hopkins who was in
        DRACULA with
Gary Oldham who was in
        CRIMINAL EVIDENCE (or some such thriller) with
Kevin Bacon

easy-peasy!

Ceinwen

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Boyd Nation 4/8/94 9:47 AM
In article <2o3vfb$d...@agate.berkeley.edu>,

Joseph Hernandez <jtc...@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
>What is the Bacon number for
>Scott Baio who starred in the
>early '80's film 'Zapped'?

I can do it in two: Christopher Plummer in I Love N. Y. and Ordeal by
Innocence and Donald Sutherland in Ordeal and JFK.

--
Boyd Nation                 bo...@cc.msstate.edu               Stress kills.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Peter Merholz 4/8/94 10:42 AM
In article <2o3ckb$s...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>, bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu
(Benjamin Todd Tritle ) wrote:

> OK, here's a tough one (maybe)...
>
> Elizabeth Taylor (this one could be a little drawn out, by the way I tied
> it together).
>
> -Ben

Here goes

Elizabeth Taylor was in
WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF
with Donald Segal who was in
NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY
with Rod Scheider who was in
IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT
with Sindey Poitier who was in
SNEAKERS
with Robert Redford who was in
BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID
with Paul Newman who was in
THE HUDSUCKER PROXY
with Tim Robbins who was in
BULL DURHAM

with Kevin Costner who was in
JFK
with...

Kevin Bacon

>I'd *bet* there's a quicker path<

--Peter

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Gregg Bo Duke Primm 4/8/94 10:43 AM
In <2o3vfb$d...@agate.berkeley.edu>, jtc...@OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Joseph Hernandez) writes:

>What is the Bacon number for
>Scott Baio who starred in the
>early '80's film 'Zapped'?

Scott Baio was on
HAPPY DAYS with
Henry Winkler who was in
NIGHT SHIFT with
Michael Keaton who was in
BATMAN with
Jack Nicholson who was in

A FEW GOOD MEN with
Kevin Bacon.

Bacon Factor=3.

-- Gregg

Moose bites can be nasty.
My opinions, not IBM's.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ bl...@gpx01.d39.lilly.com 4/8/94 10:48 AM
In article <2o3vfb$d...@agate.berkeley.edu>, jtc...@OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Joseph Hernandez) writes:

> What is the Bacon number for
> Scott Baio who starred in the
> early '80's film 'Zapped'?
>
> Is there one?

Scott Baio
     HAPPY DAYS (tv)
Henry Winkler
     NIGHT SHIFT
Michael Keaton
     BATMAN
Jack Nicholson
Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ bl...@gpx01.d39.lilly.com 4/8/94 10:50 AM
In article <2o3v2a$6...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>, bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu (Benjamin Todd Tritle ) writes:

> BENJI - (I forget the name, but there is one)

Oh, Heavenly Dog (Detective Chase dies and is reincarnated as a dog to solve
the case.  Ends up in love with a cat?  Pretty risque' for a kid movie, don't
you think?)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Peter Merholz 4/8/94 10:53 AM
In article <Cnx23...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,

aw...@darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU (Alexander Wyeth Ruthven) wrote:

 Charlie Chaplin was in
        THE COUNTESS OF HONG KONG with Marlon Brando who was in
>         THE GODFATHER with
 Al Pacino who was in
         GODFATHER, PART II with
 Robert De Niro who was in
         GOODFELLAS with
 Joe Pesci who was in
         JFK
 with Kevin Bacon.

or

> Charlie Chaplin was in
>         THE COUNTESS OF HONG KONG with
> Marlon Brando who was in
>         THE GODFATHER with
> Al Pacino who was in
GLENGARRY GLENROSS with
Jack Lemmon who was in

>         JFK
> with Kevin Bacon.

--Peter M.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Peter Merholz 4/8/94 10:54 AM
In article <2o2mvf$7...@cmcl2.NYU.EDU>, mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU (mike
d'angelo) wrote:

> In article <2o21qg$b...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>, d...@atlas.wustl.edu (Don Porter) writes:
> ><5...@ifi.unizh.ch> (Michel Hafner) writes:
> >> Anybody for Maria Falconetti??
> >
> >Maria Falconetti was in
> >        THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC with
> >Michel Simon who was in
> >        SCENT OF A WOMAN (1992) with
> >Chris O'Donnell who was in
> >        THE THREE MUSKETEERS (1993) with
> >Oliver Platt who was in
> >        FLATLINERS
> >with Kevin Bacon.
> >
> >OK, what's the Bacon number for Anna Paquin?

Or

Anna Paquin was in
THE PIANO with
Harvey Keitel who was in
THELMA AND LOUISE with
Susan Sarandon who was in
BULL DURHAM with
Kevin Costner who was in
JFK with

Kevin Bacon

--Peter

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Peter Merholz 4/8/94 10:58 AM
In article <2o3gf9$9...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>, bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu

(Benjamin Todd Tritle ) wrote:

> WALTER MATTHAU - The Odd Couple
 with
> JACK LEMMON    - Glengarry Glen Ross
 with
> AL PACINO      - The Godfather P. II
 with
> ROBERT DENIRO  - Goodfellas
 with
> JOE PESCI      - J.F.K.
 with
> KEVIN BACON

> -Ben Tritle

BETTER:

> WALTER MATTHAU - The Odd Couple
> with
> JACK LEMMON    - J.F.K.

> with
> KEVIN BACON
>
> -Ben Tritle

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Peter Merholz 4/8/94 11:01 AM
(Joseph Hernandez) wrote:

> What is the Bacon number for
> Scott Baio who starred in the
> early '80's film 'Zapped'?
>
> Is there one?

Scott Baio was in ZAPPED
with Willie Aames who was in PARADISE
with Phoebe Cates who was in FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
with Jennifer Jason Leigh was in THE BIG PICTURE
with...

KEVIN FUCKING BACON!

--Peter M.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Gregg William Riedel 4/8/94 12:53 PM

In article <2o3v2a$6...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>, bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu (Benjamin Todd Tritle ) writes:
|> Cal Lott (c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu) wrote:
|>
|> : >Benjy.
|>
|> :         Woof. That's a tough one.
|>
|> I proudly accept the challenge to come up with this one...
|>
|> BENJI - (I forget the name, but there is one)

Oh Heavenly Dog.

|> with
|> CHEVY CHASE - National Lampoon's Vacation
|>
|> I apologize for lack of movie title, but I'm dead certain about the movie with
|> Chevy Chase because the plot revolved around Chevy Chase as a detective who
|> either dies and is reincarnated, OR just plain turns into a dog (Benji). If
|> someone could help me out, I know the rest of it is correct.
|>
|> -Ben Tritle

Gregg
--
---------------------------------------  //  --------------------------------
Gregg William Riedel                    // Amiga      SUNY Binghamton - MS-CS

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Paul Edward Freitag 4/8/94 12:12 PM
In article <2o1ct1$s...@bigfoot.wustl.edu> d...@atlas.wustl.edu (Don Porter) writes:

>Darn, only four degrees of separation.  Somebody try Stockard Channing.

Stockard Channing was in
     GREASE
with John Travolta, who was in
     PERFECT
with Jamie Lee Curtis, who was in
     QUEENS LOGIC
with Kevin Bacon.

Weird or what?

Paul Freitag

This Kevin Bacon Thing Abigail Marie Larsen 4/8/94 1:22 PM
I  hate to break it to y'all
Kevin-Bacon-is-the-Center-of-the-Acting-Universe-ites.  But, y'know, you
can do this with any actor.  You could say Dan Akroyd was the center of the
Universe or Willem Dafoe and this would still work.  A coupla friends and I
spent a whole evening picking two random actors/actresses and never once
failed to connect the two together.  How about er play a new game and try
someone besides Kevin Bacon.  Any challenges?

:)

Abby

This Kevin Bacon Thing mike d'angelo 4/8/94 2:14 PM

Well, not any actor.  Ackroyd and Dafoe, sure.  But I'd like to see someone
sustain a "Gong-Li-is-the-center-of-the-universe" thread (in fact I have yet to
see anyone take up my challenge to connect Gong Li to Kevin Bacon, but maybe
that article hasn't reached me yet).

I think most of the people responding to this are well aware that it would work
for most any actor, but Kevin Bacon was a fine choice.

I'd like to see anyone name ANY actor who's worked in English-language films
who has a Michael Caine number higher than 2.

Mike D'Angelo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Jeff Bowles 4/8/94 2:15 PM
Okay. What's the Kevin Bacon number for Katherine Hepburn?

        Jeff Bowles

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Joel Stave 4/8/94 2:27 PM
In article <2o3t43$d...@beta.pipeline.com>, cb...@pipeline.com writes:
|> Toshiro Mifune?
Was in "The Challange" with
Scott Glenn, who was in "Silverado" with

Kevin Costner who was in JFK with
Kevin Bacon

OK, who's gonna write the program that traverses the on-line movie
database and finds the shortest distance between two actors?

--
Joel Stave
st...@ch.hp.com

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Cal Lott 4/8/94 2:40 PM
pet...@uclink2.berkeley.edu (Peter Merholz) writes:

>Anna Paquin was in
>THE PIANO with
>Harvey Keitel who was in
>THELMA AND LOUISE with
>Susan Sarandon who was in
>BULL DURHAM with
>Kevin Costner who was in
>JFK with
>Kevin Bacon

Or:

Anna Paquin was in
        THE PIANO with
Harvey Keitel who was in
        RESERVOIR DOGS with
Chris Penn who was in
        FOOTLOOSE with
Kevin Bacon

That's one Bacon number better with FOOTLOOSE thrown in, to boot!

Somebody impress me and do James Dean.

                                Regards,

                                -Cal

P.S. Actually, I think that I can do Dean with a Bacon number of two.
     Can anybody beat or tie that?
"From all us Slackers to all you Boomers ... HAHAHAHAHAHA! WE HAVE
SATELLITE MOUNTED RAIL-GUNS! HEH HEH. Who's laughing now?"-- S. Lang

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ scottw 4/8/94 3:18 PM
These three shouldn't be too hard but how about Elvis, Marylin Monroe,
and James Dean?

* Scott Weintraub - sco...@wam.umd.edu - * "The extreme always seems to     *
* University of Maryland at College Park *  make an impression."            *
*  iN   dREaMS   i   WalK   wItH   YoU   *              --J.D., "Heathers"  *

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Regina Robbins (BK 1995) 4/8/94 5:52 PM
This Kevin Bacon Thing Steven Miale 4/8/94 7:13 PM
In article <2o4hf4$r...@cmcl2.nyu.edu>,

mike d'angelo <mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU> wrote:
>Well, not any actor.  Ackroyd and Dafoe, sure.  But I'd like to see someone
>sustain a "Gong-Li-is-the-center-of-the-universe" thread (in fact I have yet
>to see anyone take up my challenge to connect Gong Li to Kevin Bacon, but
>maybe that article hasn't reached me yet).

Well, I used a movie database, BUT...

Li Gong was in
FAREWELL MY CONCUBINE with
Leslie Cheung who was in
ONCE A THIEF (1990) with
Yun Fat Chow who was in
BETTER TOMORROW III with
Tony Leung who was in
THE LOVER with
Melvil Poupaud who was in
ARCHIPELAGO with
Michel Piccoli who was in
TOPAZ with
John Van Dreelen who was in
THE MONEY PIT with
Tom Hanks who was in
BIG with
Elizabeth Perkins who was in
HE SAID, SHE SAID with...

                Kevin Bacon!

--
Steven Miale - smi...@cs.indiana.edu | Don't blame me -
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  | I voted Libertarian.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Don Porter 4/8/94 9:15 PM

<1994Apr8....@ifi.unizh.ch> (Michel Hafner) wrote:
> Huh? Looks like an error. Michel Simon in SCENT OF A WOMAN (1992)??

Yes, something is wrong.  The r.a.m. database claims Michel Simon
played the Oak Room Waiter in SCENT OF A WOMAN in 1992.  It also
claims Michel Simon died in 1975.  Neat trick.  I had no idea
SCENT OF A WOMAN was an FX vehicle.

I offer a Bacon number of 6 for Maria Falconetti with this amended link:

Maria Falconetti was in
        THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC with
Michel Simon who was in
        THE TRAIN with
Paul Scofield who was in
        HENRY V (1989) with
Emma Thompson who was in
        MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING (1993) with
Keanu Reeves who was in
        PARENTHOOD with
Steve Martin who was in
        PLANES, TRAINS, & AUTOMOBILES
with Kevin Bacon

This can be shortened to 5 starting from Emma Thompson with:

        DEAD AGAIN with
Wayne Knight who was in
        JFK with
Kevin Bacon

but that's less satisfying for me since it uses JFK and it leaves
out Keanu Reeves.

--
|   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
|  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |
|   please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we       |
|___risk congratulations." -- Edmund Burke._________________________________|

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe David Dixon 4/9/94 12:54 AM
Alexander Wyeth Ruthven <aw...@darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU> wrote:

>It is a little known fact that any actor or actress can be linked back
>to Kevin Bacon. For example:

OK, I wanna see someone find a Bacon number for Max Schreck, who played the
vampire in "Nosferatu".

D^2
(Bacon number infinity)

This Kevin Bacon Thing Phineas 4/9/94 3:24 AM
mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU (mike d'angelo) writes:

> I'd like to see anyone name ANY actor who's worked in English-language films
> who has a Michael Caine number higher than 2.

Isn't this kind of like AIDS?  You know, if you star in a movie with
someone you've really starred in a movie with everyone THEY'VE starred
in a movie with and everyone *THEY'VE* starred in a movie with and
everyone....

--Phineas Narco

This Kevin Bacon Thing MICHAEL BENEDETTI 4/9/94 4:28 AM
Emmanuel Lewis has been mentioned a couple of times, so I thought I'd
try him. I have to use two TV links, but maybe someone can work around
this and get a true EL>KB link.

Emmanuel Lewis was in WEBSTER with Alex Karras
  who was in VICTOR/VICTORIA with Julie Andrews
  who was in MARY POPPINS with Dick Van Dyke
  who was in (cheesy TV link) the DVD Show with Mary Tyler Moore
  who was a nun in some Elvis movie who's title I've forgotten

and, as previously stated:

  Elvis (Viva Las Vegas) -> Ann-Margret (Carnal Knowledge) -> Jack Nicholson
    (Few Good Men) -> our old buddy boy, Kevin Bacon.

Mike Benedetti

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe J. Martin Cassady Jr. 4/9/94 5:31 AM
In article <1994Apr9.0...@news.yale.edu> in...@minerva.cis.yale.edu (Regina Robbins (BK 1995)) writes:
>From: in...@minerva.cis.yale.edu (Regina Robbins (BK 1995))
>Subject: Re: Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe
>Date: Sat, 9 Apr 1994 00:52:45 GMT

>: -Ben

LIZ is in The Flintstones with
ELIZABETH PERKINS who is in He Said, She Said w/KB.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Chantilly Lace 4/9/94 1:22 PM
bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu (Benjamin Todd Tritle ) writes:

> I obviously have too much free time on my hands....
>
> -Ben Tritle
> (If Kevin Bacon IS the center of the universe, then what is MY personal Bacon
> number?)

Ben - GET YOURSELF A LIFE!! No, seriously, I find the Bacon #'s lots of
fun.  Keep up the good work ;}

J.D.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ PETERSEN KIRK A 4/8/94 4:29 PM
In article <2o3msa$o...@news.gatech.edu>,
Thomas Miller <tmi...@cimmeria.oit.gatech.edu> wrote:

>Clint Eastwood?

        simple!

        Clint Eastwood in
                A Perfect World with
        Kevin Costner in
                JFK with
        Kevin Bacon.

(why Kevin Bacon?)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Randolph Schack 4/9/94 4:22 PM

Look, guys, anyone you can trace to Kevin Bacon can also be traced
to anyone who was in any movie with Kevin Bacon or anyone who was in
any movie with anyone who was in any movie with Kevin Bacon, and
so on... the end result being,

 YOU CAN TRACE ALMOST ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MULTIPLE MAINSTREAM
 MOVIES TO ALMOST ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MULTIPLE MAINSTREAM MOVIES.

Okay?  Let's let this die, please...  =P

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Mark D. Rabinowitz 4/9/94 4:33 PM

  I just couldn't resist trying it on my* favorite actress, Kellie
Martin. Now, she...

was in "Matinee" which starred John Goodman
who was in "The Babe" with Kelly McGillis
who was in "Top Gun" with Tom Cruise
who was in "A Few Good Men" with our main man Kevin Bacon!

(My understanding is that there may be one less degree of separation
here--Goodman is in "The Flintstones" with Elizabeth Perkins who was
in "He Said, She Sadi" with Bacon.)

Now, to try this on: Gene Wilder, Leslie Nielsen, James Earl Jones,
and Michael J. Fox... (it may have already been done!)
********* MARK RABINOWITZ     all replies forwarded to: *********
|||||||||             mdr...@freenet.fsu.edu            |||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||  CENSORSHIP SUCKS!!  |||||||||||||||||||||

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Phillip Alden Vega 4/9/94 6:25 PM

Gene Wilder:

Gene Wilder  -> STIR CRAZY, Richard Pryor
Ricahrd Pryor ->  SUPERMAN III, Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve -> SUPERMAN, Gene Hackman
Gene Hackman   ->  NO WAY OUT, Kevin Costner
Kevin Costner  -> JFK, *Kevin Bacon*

Leslie Nielsen:

Leslie Nielsen   ->  NAKED GUN 33 1/3, Fred Ward
Fred Ward         ->  TREMORS, *Kevin Bacon*

James Earl Jones:

James Earl Jones  -> FIELD OF DREAMS, Kevin Costner
Kevin Costner     -> JFK, *Kevin Bacon*

Try this these:   Alfred Molina (Hope you know who he is), Eric Stoltz

-Micah

Micah A. Williams
mawi...@eos.ncsu.edu                       (NCSU Project EOS)
mawi...@tx.ncsu.edu                        (NCSU College of Textiles)
ve...@garfield.catt.ncsu.edu                 (CATT Program)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe K. Bruner 4/9/94 6:47 PM
ve...@catt.ncsu.edu (Phillip Alden Vega) writes:

>Try this these:   Alfred Molina (Hope you know who he is), Eric Stoltz

Who?

Anyway, Eric Stoltz is easy.  He was in SINGLES with Kyra Sedgwick, The
Man's wife.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ MICHAEL BENEDETTI 4/9/94 6:57 PM
rsc...@nyx10.cs.du.edu (Randolph Schack) writes:
> YOU CAN TRACE ALMOST ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MULTIPLE MAINSTREAM
> MOVIES TO ALMOST ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MULTIPLE MAINSTREAM MOVIES.

First of all, you are a moron. OF COURSE we all realize that any actor can
be traced to any other actor. This is trivially proven because, since KB is
the center of the universe, you can link two actors through KB, if through
no one else.

Secondly, I resent your request for us to "just drop it". This thread is the
only interesting thing I've seen on Usenet in months. Give me a break, lunk-
head. If it bores you, just kill "Bacon" and "KB" in this group for 7-9 days.
If your newsreader can't do this, get a new newsreader, or (here's the shocking
part) DEAL WITH IT. I don't see you posting anything of interest.

Thirdly,

Gary Coleman->That Mr. Roper Guy (from 3's Company) (ON THE RIGHT TRACK)
Mr. Roper Guy->Dustin Hoffman (The Graduate)
Dustin Hoffman->Tom Cruise (Rain Man)
Tom Cruise->My Lord and Master, Kevin Bacon (A Few Good Men)

I'm sure someone knows Mr. Roper's real name, but nobody really cares what
it is, so don't post it, okay?

BTW, can anybody do a KB link for Prince or The Beatles?

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ K. Bruner 4/9/94 7:19 PM
rsc...@nyx10.cs.du.edu (Randolph Schack) writes:

> YOU CAN TRACE ALMOST ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MULTIPLE MAINSTREAM
> MOVIES TO ALMOST ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MULTIPLE MAINSTREAM MOVIES.

Well, of course, because they can all go through Kevin Bacon.

>Okay?  Let's let this die, please...  =P

Learn to use a kill file.

--
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Alexander Wyeth Ruthven 4/9/94 7:26 PM
rsc...@nyx10.cs.du.edu  writes:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What does =P mean? Is it someone sticking out their tongue?

Does that mean =Pd= is french-kissing?

Wyeth

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ K. Bruner 4/9/94 7:26 PM
bene...@wrath.ugcs.caltech.edu (MICHAEL BENEDETTI) writes:

>BTW, can anybody do a KB link for Prince or The Beatles?

Prince
  UNDER THE CHERRY MOON (I think that's the title)
Kristin Scott Thomas
  FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL
Andie Macdowell
  SEX, LIES, AND VIDEOTAPE
Laura San Giacomo
  PRETTY WOMAN
Julia Roberts
  FLATLINERS
Dude

--
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
                                        --Ghostbusters

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Rick 4/9/94 7:43 PM
westc856@Armstrong.EDU (Cristen West) writes:

> starred in a movie with Kevin Bacon.  I am not sure about the name of
>the movie, though.  It was something like "Whitewaters", and it was
>I only saw it once on tv, but I loved it.  I want to find out the name
>for sure to see if I can rent it.  Sorry to get off the subject, but

"White Water Summer", 1989, Kevin Bacon, Sean Astin, Jonathon Ward,
                                Matt Adler.

Rick.
--
 _-_|\  | Rick Lyons : C/C++/X/Unix/DOS/86/DSP | "My ethicator machine must've
/     + | ri...@razorback.brisnet.org.au        | had a built-in moral

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ MICHAEL BENEDETTI 4/9/94 8:09 PM
ar...@cornell.edu (Atif Rafay) writes:
[Things that make me wonder if he isn't maybe a trained chimp]

Not all of us are using databases. I, myself, would rather do it out of
my head using no references. The thread is nice, though, because it lets
me know who to forget about and who to try.

Anybody have a cheap way to do Nanook?

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Atif Rafay 4/9/94 2:11 PM
>> YOU CAN TRACE ALMOST ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MULTIPLE MAINSTREAM
>> MOVIES TO ALMOST ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN IN MULTIPLE MAINSTREAM MOVIES.

>First of all, you are a moron.
>Secondly, I resent your request for us to "just drop it". This thread is the
>only interesting thing I've seen on Usenet in months. Give me a break, lunk-
>head.

Damn, someone has truly strange criteria for an "interesting thing."  Then
again, someone who is trying to trace mainstream actors to each other using
a database for the reason that he finds it interesting is probably in
a fairly miserable condition, maybe even close to going out like Kurt
Cobain.  So I guess I shouldn't flame, except I can't resist pointing out
that it's really rather obvious who's a moron and a lunkhead.  (In case you'
re having difficulty, moron-lunkhead, it isn't the guy who wrote in all-
caps.)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Terrance J. Gaetz 4/9/94 9:53 PM
Peter Merholz (pet...@uclink2.berkeley.edu) wrote:
: In article <CnwA2...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,

: aw...@darwin.clas.Virginia.EDU (Alexander Wyeth Ruthven) wrote:
: > It is a little known fact that any actor or actress can be linked back
: > to Kevin Bacon.
: A friend did, with Pauly Shore no less. And got:
: Pauly Shore was in ENCINO MAN with Sean Astin who was in GOONIES with Corey
: Feldman who was in THE LOST BOYS with Kiefer Sutherland who was in A FEW
: GOOD MEN with...  Kevin Bacon.

*Much* too convoluted:  Pauly Shore was in ENCINO MAN with
                        Sean Astin who was in WHITE WATER SUMMER with
                        Kevin Bacon.
--
Terry Gaetz  --  ga...@cfa.harvard.edu

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Leo Gonzalez 4/9/94 4:35 PM
Lillian Gish was in ROSEMARY'S BABY with
Mia Farrow who was in HUSBANDS AND WIVES with
Woody Allen who was in HANNAH AND HER SISTERS with
Dianne Wiest who was in PARENTHOOD with
Steve Martin who was in ALL OF ME with
Lily Tomlin who was in 9 TO 5 with
Dolly Parton who was in THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS with
Burt Reynolds who was in SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT with
Sally Field who was in MRS. DOUBTFIRE with
Robin Williams who was in THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP with
Glenn Close who was in FATAL ATTRACTION with
Michael Douglas who was in BLACK RAIN with
Andy Garcia who was in THE UNTOUCHABLES with
Kevin Costner who was in SILVERADO with
John Cleese who was in MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL with
Eric Idle who was in NATIONAL LAMPOON'S EUROPEAN VACATION with
Chevy Chase who was in FOUL PLAY with
Goldie Hawn who was BIRD ON A WIRE with
Mel Gibson who was in LETHAL WEAPON 3 with
Rene Russo who was in FREEJACK with
Anthony Hopkins who was in REMAINS OF THE DAY with
Emma Thompson who was in MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING with
Denzel Washington who was in PHILADELPHIA with
Tom Hanks who was in BIG with
Elizabeth Perkins who was in HE SAID SHE SAID with
Sharon Stone who was in BASIC INSTINCT with
Michael Douglas who was in WALL STREET with
Charlie Sheen who was in MEN AT WORK with
Emilio Estevez who was in YOUNG GUNS with
Kiefer Sutherland who was in FLATLINERS with (drumroll please)
Kevin Bacon.

Phew!  Thirty, is that a record so far?  I know where I could have made
some short cuts, but that wasn't the point.  If I really had the time I
probably could have made it even longer.  I probably had some of you
thinking I was going to end with HE SAID SHE SAID but I was able to take
that one last left turn before ending it.  I'd really like to see
someone top this.

Leo Gonzalez

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Leo Gonzalez 4/9/94 5:08 PM
A supposed near stumper from UVa was George C. Scott.

George C. Scott was in DOCTOR STRANGELOVE with
James Earl Jones who was in PATRIOT GAMES with
Harrison Ford who was in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE with
Sean Connery who was in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN with
Kim Basinger who was in BLIND DATE with
Bruce Willis who was in HUDSON HAWK with
Danny Aiello who was DO THE RIGHT THING with
Spike Lee who was in MO' BETTER BLUES with
Denzel Washington who was in GLORY with
Matthew Broderick who was in THE FRESHMAN with
Penelope Anne Miller who was in AWAKENINGS with
Robert DeNiro who was in RAGING BULL with
Cathy Moriarty who was in SOAPDISH with
Kevin Kline who was in SILVERADO with
Kevin Costner who was in BULL DURHAM with
Tim Robbins who was in THE PLAYER with
Fred Ward who was in TREMORS with (drumroll please)
Kevin Bacon

This is fun.  And again I was not going for brevity although you can see
where I could have done so.  I can't be 100% sure about TREMORS, though.
I'm pretty sure Fred Ward was in it.

-Leo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Leo Gonzalez 4/9/94 5:16 PM
In article <1994Apr8.0...@news.cs.indiana.edu>,
"Steven Miale" <smi...@cs.indiana.edu> writes:

>In article <2o2mvf$7...@cmcl2.nyu.edu>,

>mike d'angelo <mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU> wrote:
>>Someone do Toshiro Mifune.
>
>Too easy.
>
>Toshiro Mifune was in
>        1941
>with John Belushi who was in
>        ANIMAL HOUSE
>with Kevin Bacon.
>
>How about:
>Walter Matthau
>
>Steve

Walter Matthau was in GRUMPY OLD MEN with
Jack Lemmon who was in THE CHINA SYNDROME with

Michael Douglas who was in WALL STREET with
Charlie Sheen who was in YOUNG GUNS with

Kiefer Sutherland who was in FLATLINERS with
. . . Kevin Bacon

Leo Gonzalez

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Leo Gonzalez 4/9/94 5:27 PM
In article <2o3msa$o...@news.gatech.edu>,
tmi...@cimmeria.oit.gatech.edu (Thomas Miller) writes:

>Charles Bronson?
>
>Clint Eastwood?
>
>Thomas Miller: tmi...@cimmeria.oit.gatech.edu

Clint Eastwood was in UNFORGIVEN with
Morgan Freeman who was in GLORY with
Denzel Washington who was in PELICAN BRIEF with
Julia Roberts who was in FLATLINERS with
TA DA . . . Kevin Bacon

Bronson's a toughie

-Leo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Leo Gonzalez 4/9/94 5:59 PM
Here's a quick attractive actress connection:

Kyra Sedgwick was in SINGLES with
Bridget Fonda who was in SINGLE WHITE FEMALE with
Jennifer Jason Leigh who was in THE BIG PICTURE with

. . . Kevin Bacon

-Leo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Leo Gonzalez 4/9/94 6:24 PM
A quick KB trace back to himself:

Kevin was in HE SAID SHE SAID with
Elizabeth Perkins who was in BIG with
Tom Hanks who was in THE MAN WITH ONE RED SHOE with
Lori Singer who was in FOOTLOOSE with
His Royal Baconness.

-Leo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Leo Gonzalez 4/9/94 6:29 PM
In article <2o7lqs$9...@gap.cco.caltech.edu>,
nap...@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (K. Bruner) writes:

I don't think Eric Stoltz was in SINGLES.  You might be thinking of
Campbell Scott or that guy from "thirtysomething" who appeared in the
film but whose name escapes me at the moment.  Peter Horton??

Leo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe K. Bruner 4/10/94 2:09 AM
IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Leo Gonzalez) writes:

>I don't think Eric Stoltz was in SINGLES.  You might be thinking of
>Campbell Scott or that guy from "thirtysomething" who appeared in the
>film but whose name escapes me at the moment.  Peter Horton??

I'm certain.  He played the weird mime they pick up on the way to the
club, the one talking about how love is an illusion.  Eric Stoltz often
makes cameos in Cameron Crowe film.

--
At the Battle of Hanging Rock, on August 1, 1780, the American soldiers
half gained the day---but finally lost it by beginning too soon to

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Adam Neil Villani 4/10/94 4:13 AM
In article <2o21qg$b...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>,
Don Porter <d...@atlas.wustl.edu> wrote:
>OK, what's the Bacon number for Anna Paquin?

Anna Paquin was in
THE PIANO
with HOLLY HUNTER, who was in
THE FIRM
with Tom Cruise, who was in
A FEW GOOD MEN
with Kevin Bacon

OK, how about Gong Li?

OK, so maybe using foreigners is cheating...

To help this out, does anybody have a list of who everybody in THE PLAYER was???

---------------------
Adam Villani
ad...@cco.caltech.edu
"I would rather be a one-term President and do what I believe is right than
to be a two-term President at the cost of seeing America become a second-rate
power and to see this Nation accept the first defeat in its proud 190-year
history."  ---Richard M. Nixon, April 30, 1970
--
Disclaimer: Everything I say conforms exactly to Caltech's official
position on the subject, whatever it may be.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ MICHAEL BENEDETTI 4/10/94 5:49 AM
ad...@cco.caltech.edu (Adam Neil Villani) writes:
>OK, how about Gong Li?
She's been figured out already. Her number is 9. Look elsewhere in the thread.

>OK, so maybe using foreigners is cheating...
>To help this out, does anybody have a list of who everybody in THE PLAYER was?

No fair! You might as well use a data base, Media Lord.
Obviously Tim Robbins, etc. are OK, and this is probably a Bruce Willis:Julia
Roberts connection, but using anyone else is chaetin'. Why not just use
a documentary on the history of the Oscars?

>Adam Villani
(BTW, can you figure out Nanook or The Beatles? Napalm already did Prince.)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Matt Brockman 4/10/94 10:23 AM
bene...@wrath.ugcs.caltech.edu (MICHAEL BENEDETTI) writes:
>BTW, can anybody do a KB link for Prince or The Beatles?

The Beatles were in A HARD DAY'S NIGHT with
Ringo Starr who was in (some CAVEMAN movie) with
Shelley Long who was in (some movie) with
Bette Midler who was in RUTHLESS PEOPLE with
Danny DeVito wo was in WAR OF THE ROSES with
Michael Douglas who has already been linked to KBacon.

Matt Brockman                                           mbro...@ecn.purdue.edu
    "While a llama may produce some of the world's finest of wools, prized
        around the world, their breath, on the other hand, could only
            be prized somewhere in the far reaches of llama hell."

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Celandine 4/10/94 10:50 AM
Jeff Bowles (j...@tfs.com) wrote:
: Okay. What's the Kevin Bacon number for Katherine Hepburn?

:         Jeff Bowles

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ K. Bruner 4/10/94 1:37 PM
bene...@lust.ugcs.caltech.edu (MICHAEL BENEDETTI) writes:

>(BTW, can you figure out Nanook or The Beatles? Napalm already did Prince.)

Paul McCartney, a Beatle, was in that horrible movie from about ten years
ago whose name escapes me (GOODBYE BROADSTREET?) with Tracey Ullman who
was in PLENTY with Meryl Streep who will be in THE RIVER WILD with KB.

--
You've never been out of college.  You don't know what it's like out there.
I've worked in the private sector.  They expect results.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Kelly Sedinger 4/10/94 2:37 PM
In article b...@bigfoot.wustl.edu, d...@atlas.wustl.edu (Don Porter) writes:
> <5...@ifi.unizh.ch> (Michel Hafner) writes:
> > Anybody for Maria Falconetti??
>
> Maria Falconetti was in
>         THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC with
> Michel Simon who was in
>         SCENT OF A WOMAN (1992) with
> Chris O'Donnell who was in
>         THE THREE MUSKETEERS (1993) with
> Oliver Platt who was in
>         FLATLINERS
> with Kevin Bacon.

> OK, what's the Bacon number for Anna Paquin?

Someone in this thread has already demonstrated that Jack Nocholson can
ne linked to Kevin Bacon, but I don't remember quite how. But, given that,
we have:

Anna Paquin was in
        THE PIANO with
Holly Hunter, who was in
        BROADCAST NEWS with
Jack Nicholson.....

fait accompli!!!

---
Lithium will no longer be available on credit.
Kelly Sedinger           sedi...@marx.sbu.edu

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe James Walkley Johnson 4/10/94 4:59 PM
c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu  writes:

> I'd be impressed if somebody could do it with an older actor. You
> know, some one like, oh . . . Myrna Loy.
>
> Or an actor who hasn't done many films. Jane March, for instance.
>
> The worst would be an obscure older actor who only did one film. But
> that's not in the spirit of the game, I guess. 8-)
>
>                                 Regards,
>
>                                 -Cal
> "From all us Slackers to all you Boomers ... HAHAHAHAHAHA! WE HAVE
> SATELLITE MOUNTED RAIL-GUNS! HEH HEH. Who's laughing now?"-- S. Lang

        Well, I tried the old actor bit:

        George Burns (old enough for 'ya?) was in "Oh God!" with

        Paul Sorvino who was is "Goodfellas" with

        Joe Pesci who was in "JFK" with

        KEVIN BACON

                Someone do Frederic March.....

                        ----James Johnson

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ James Walkley Johnson 4/10/94 5:12 PM
d...@atlas.wustl.edu  writes:

> <14...@midway.uchicago.edu> (Cal Lott) writes:
> > I'd be impressed if somebody could do it with an older actor. You
> > know, some one like, oh . . . Myrna Loy.
>
> Myrna Loy was in
>         IT HAPPENED AT LAKEWOOD MANOR with
> Brian Dennehy who was in
>         COCOON with
> Steve Guttenberg who was in
>         3 MEN AND A BABY with
> Tom Selleck who was in
>         AN INNOCENT MAN with
> F. Murray Abraham who was in
>         LAST ACTION HERO with
> Austin O'Brien who was in
>         THE LAWNMOWER MAN with
> Jenny Wright who was in
>         QUEENS LOGIC
> with Kevin Bacon.
>
> Six!
>

> ---
> |   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
> |  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |
> |   please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we       |
> |___risk congratulations." -- Edmund Burke._________________________________|

SHORTCUT ALERT!!!

        Myrna Loy was in
                IT HAPPENED AT LAKEWOOD MANOR with
        Brian Dennehy who was in
                SILVERADO with
        Kevin Costner who was in
                JFK with
        Kevin Bacon

                ----James Johnson

        I'd challenge you but I can't think of anyone who
hasn't been mentioned :)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ James Walkley Johnson 4/10/94 5:17 PM
nap...@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu  writes:SHORTCUT ALERT!!!!

        Prince
          UNDER THE CHERRY MOON
        Kristin Scott Thomas
          FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL
        Andie Macdowell
          ST. ELMO'S FIRE
        Demi Moore
          A FEW GOOD MEN
        Kevin Bacon

                ----James Johnson

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Garrett Fitzgerald 4/10/94 8:04 PM
In article <1994041000...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Leo Gonzalez) writes:

> George C. Scott was in DOCTOR STRANGELOVE with
> Kevin Bacon

Actually, that can be done in quite a few fewer leaps, as my fiancee
just pointed out.

George C. Scott was in
     TAPS
with Tom Cruise who was in
     A FEW GOOD MEN
with KB
--
"We're men (manly men!), we're men in tights!"

Sarek of Vulcan
a.k.a. Garrett Fitzgerald
GFit...@Nyx.cs.du.edu

K B I T C O T U Leo Gonzalez 4/10/94 3:36 PM
Here's a couple of quick ones:

Forest Whitaker GOOD MORNING VIETNAM w/
Robin Williams THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP w/
John Lithgow FOOTLOOSE w/
His Baconosity

Tom Hulce AMADEUS w/
Cynthia Nixon THE MANHATTAN PROJECT w/
John Lithgow FOOTLOOSE w/
The Baconator

Leo

KEVINATOR Leo Gonzalez 4/10/94 3:50 PM
I'd like to see:

Lon Chaney Sr. and Jr.
Douglas Fairbanks Sr. and Jr.
Peter Lorre
Orson Welles (even though he's probably easy)
Gene Kelly
Catherine Denueve
Charo
John Ratzenberger (yes I saw him in an obscure film but I can't remember
                   the name or the rest of the cast, maybe Ayre Gross
                   was in it?)
Patrick Stewart (another easy one)
J.T. Walsh
James Garner
Chuck Connor
Steve McQueen (another Gimme)
Madchen Amick

That's it.

-Leo

K B I T C O T U Jim Hermanson 4/10/94 11:59 PM

Hey gang--

I go away on a two-week trip to Arkansas, come back to find the
group rabid on this Kevin Bacon kick.

I don't know if I'm a believer yet.  Lillian Gish, though, almost
converted me.

If anyone can give a thread to the following, I'll have to give in:

Dwight Frye

Stan Laurel

(If I can manage it first, I will!)

Thanks,

Jim Hermanson
Denver, Colorado.

--

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Luca Vigano 4/11/94 2:05 AM

Hepburn/???/Nick Nolte (I don't remember the american title, but it was a comic
                        thriller)
Nolte/CAPE FEAR/De Niro
De Niro/GOODFELLAS/Joe Pesci
Pesci/JFK/BACON

ciao.
luca

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Wong Wai San Mary 4/11/94 2:12 AM
Leo Gonzalez (IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU) wrote:

: I don't think Eric Stoltz was in SINGLES.  You might be thinking of

: Campbell Scott or that guy from "thirtysomething" who appeared in the
: film but whose name escapes me at the moment.  Peter Horton??

: Leo

Wasn't Eric Stoltz playing the European student who Kyra Sedgwick first
dates and gives the remote control to?

Mary

KEVINATOR MR DJ POOLE 4/11/94 3:11 AM
>I'd like to see:
>
>John Ratzenberger (yes I saw him in an obscure film but I can't remember
>                   the name or the rest of the cast, maybe Ayre Gross
>                   was in it?)

Off the top of my head...

John Ratzenberger was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
with Carrie Fisher who was in POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE
with Shirley McClaine who was in TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
with Jack Nicholson was was in A FEW GOOD MEN
with Kevin Bacon.

KEVINATOR Nathanel J. Barlow 4/11/94 4:12 AM
Excerpts from netnews.rec.arts.movies: 10-Apr-94 KEVINATOR by Leo
Gonzalez@MVS.OAC.UCL
> John Ratzenberger (yes I saw him in an obscure film but I can't remember
>                    the name or the rest of the cast, maybe Ayre Gross
>                    was in it?)
This shouldn't be too hard.  Ratzenberger was in The Empire Strikes
Back, w/ Harrison Ford....

Nate

RociNate                --              nb...@andrew.cmu.edu
|  "I've got a bad feeling about this." |
|                              --(Take your pick)            |

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Kelly Sedinger 4/11/94 5:36 AM
In article 1...@sbu.edu, sedi...@sbu.edu (Kelly Sedinger) writes:

> > OK, what's the Bacon number for Anna Paquin?
> >

> Someone in this thread has already demonstrated that Jack Nocholson can
> ne linked to Kevin Bacon, but I don't remember quite how. But, given that,
> we have:
>
> Anna Paquin was in
>         THE PIANO with
> Holly Hunter, who was in
>         BROADCAST NEWS with
> Jack Nicholson.....
>
> fait accompli!!!

Of course, after I posted this, I remembered that Nicholson and Bacon share
the screen in A Few Good Men. I really should start to think before I hit
the "Post/Follow-up" button....

---
Lithium will no longer be available on credit.
Kelly Sedinger           sedi...@marx.sbu.edu

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Kelly Sedinger 4/11/94 5:53 AM
I just thought I'd point out that this thread takes on a very
spooky air when one is reading "The Illuminatus! Trilogy" at the
same time. It's all a plot! Every last bit of it!
Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Don Porter 4/11/94 6:28 AM
<1994Apr10.2...@virginia.edu> (James Walkley Johnson) wrote:
>                Someone do Frederic March.....

OK, here's a Bacon number of 5, no net, only memory:

Frederic March was in                 INHERIT THE WIND with
Gene Kelly who was in                XANADU with
Olivia Newton-John who was in        GREASE with
Stockard Channing

who has already been linked to Mr. Bacon (BN = 2).

I bet there's a better one.

--

|   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
|  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |
|   please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we       |
|___risk congratulations." -- Edmund Burke._________________________________|

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Brent L. Jones 4/11/94 7:41 AM
Can we do this with TV actors? How's about Bob Denver, of
Gilligan's Island fame?

--
Brent L. Jones, U S WEST Technologies, Denver CO
Wireless email add: bjo...@embarcgw.com -put the following as the subject

KEVINATOR Don Porter 4/11/94 7:56 AM
In article 7660...@warthog.ru.ac.za, st...@warthog.ru.ac.za (MR DJ POOLE) writes:
> >I'd like to see:
> >
> >John Ratzenberger (yes I saw him in an obscure film but I can't remember
> >                   the name or the rest of the cast, maybe Ayre Gross
> >                   was in it?)
>
> Off the top of my head...
>
> John Ratzenberger was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
> with Carrie Fisher who was in POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE

Are you sure?  She wrote the novel and the screenplay, but was she
actually in the film?  Where?

> with Shirley McClaine who was in TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
> with Jack Nicholson was was in A FEW GOOD MEN
> with Kevin Bacon.

OK, but more directly,

John Ratzenberger was in         SHE'S HAVING A BABY
with Kevin Bacon

Don't forget that sequence during the closing credits!

---

|   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
|  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |
|   please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we       |
|___risk congratulations." -- Edmund Burke._________________________________|

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe bl...@gpx01.d39.lilly.com 4/11/94 8:43 AM
Here's a short connection that could prove to be fruitful (It's just one more
step to Kenneth Branagh, Shelly Duvall, etc.)

Robin Williams
     THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP
John Lithgow
     FOOTLOOSE
Kevin Bacon

And we have recently seen here that Robin Williams has nearly 30 movies to his
name, with lots of famous people in them.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe pome...@guvax.acc.georgetown.edu 4/11/94 8:47 AM
In article <JPwFkc...@west.darkside.com>, ph...@west.darkside.com (Phineas) writes:
> c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu (Cal Lott) writes:
>
>> d...@atlas.wustl.edu (Don Porter) writes:

>> >OK, let's give it a try...
>>
>> >Jaye Davidson was in
>> >        THE CRYING GAME with
>> >Stephen Rea who was in
>> >        ANGIE with
>> >Geena Davis who was in
>> >        A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN with
>> >Rosie O'Donnell who will be in
>> >        THE FLINTSTONES with
>> >Elizabeth Perkins who was in
>> >        HE SAID, SHE SAID
>> >with Kevin Bacon
>>
>> >Darn, only four degrees of separation.  Somebody try Stockard Channing.
>>
>> Ok:
>>
>> Stockard Channing was in
>>         SIX DEGREES OF SEPERATION with
>> Donald Sutherland who was in
>>         LOST BOYS with
>> Kiefer Sutherland who was in
>>         FLATLINERS
>> with Kevin Bacon
>>
> Let's see, Jack Nicholson...
>
> Jack Nicholson was in A Few Good Men with Tom Cruise
>
> Tom Cruise was in Taps with Timothy Hutton
>
> Timothy Hutton was in Ordinary People with Donald Sutherland
>
> Donald Sutherland was in JFK with Kevin Bacon
>

> Hmmmm....
>
> --Phineas Narco

        Actualyly, Kevin Bacon was inA FEW GOOD MEN so it's only one
degree of seperation-or their attached at the hip :)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Maureen O'Halloran 4/11/94 9:06 AM
IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Leo Gonzalez) writes:

>In article <2o3msa$o...@news.gatech.edu>,
>tmi...@cimmeria.oit.gatech.edu (Thomas Miller) writes:

>>Charles Bronson?

>Bronson's a toughie

Charles Bronson was in THE RED SUN with
Toshiru Mifune who was in 1941 with
John Belushi who was in ANIMAL HOUSE
with KEVIN BACON

Links from Toshiru Mifune on are courtesy of this group.
--

 Maureen O'Halloran
 University of Oklahoma

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ 9073h...@vms.csd.mu.edu 4/11/94 10:36 AM
In article <2o3msa$o...@news.gatech.edu>, tmi...@cimmeria.oit.gatech.edu (Thomas Miller) writes:

>Charles Bronson?

Charles Bronson was in THE GREAT ESCAPE with
Donald Pleasance who was in WILL PENNY  with
Charlton Heston...

(Someone already did the Heston-Bacon link)

Kevin Bacon is quick to Eric Stoltz Joseph A. McVeigh 4/11/94 11:17 AM
jw...@titan.arc.ab.ca (Dracomancer) writes:

>  Eric Stoltz
>        MASK
(long Bacon strip deleted)
>  Kevin Bacon.
>  A bit long and convoluted though. There must be a lower Bacon number for
>Eric Stoltz. Can anyone find it?

Sure.
Stoltz in MEMPHIS BELLE with
Lithgow, in FOOTLOOSE with
the Human Rasher.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Dracomancer 4/11/94 11:33 AM
In article <1994041001...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU> IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Leo Gonzalez) writes:

>In article <2o7lqs$9...@gap.cco.caltech.edu>,
>nap...@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (K. Bruner) writes:

>>ve...@catt.ncsu.edu (Phillip Alden Vega) writes:
>>
>>>Try this these:   Alfred Molina (Hope you know who he is), Eric Stoltz
>>
>>Who?
>>
>>Anyway, Eric Stoltz is easy.  He was in SINGLES with Kyra Sedgwick, The
>>Man's wife.

>I don't think Eric Stoltz was in SINGLES.  You might be thinking of
>Campbell Scott or that guy from "thirtysomething" who appeared in the
>film but whose name escapes me at the moment.  Peter Horton??

  Eric Stoltz
        MASK
  Cher
        MERMAIDS
  Winona Ryder
        DRACULA
  Anthony Hopkins
        REMAINS OF THE DAY
  Emma Thompson
        MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
  Denzel Washington
        PHILADELPHIA
  Tom Hanks
        BIG
  Elizabeth Perkins
        HE SAID SHE SAID
  Sharon Stone
        BASIC INSTINCT
  Michael Douglas
        WALL STREET
  Charlie Sheen
        MEN AT WORK
  Emilio Estevez
        YOUNG GUNS
  Kiefer Sutherland
        FLATLINERS
  Kevin Bacon.

  A bit long and convoluted though. There must be a lower Bacon number for
Eric Stoltz. Can anyone find it?

                             ____/ |   Dracomancer
_   {\__--_/}-~_          __/      |   jw...@arc.ab.ca
 \__/'   (_/     \_    __/         |
   |   _/) )-~     \_-/            |   You know what Roger Coreman
   / /- ,_/-\_\                    |   fight scenes make me hungry for?
  o=o _//    \_\                   |
  (^(~                             |   WAFFLES!!!!

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Al Austin 4/11/94 12:07 PM
Dracomancer (jw...@titan.arc.ab.ca) wrote:

: In article <1994041001...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU> IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Leo Gonzalez) writes:

: >In article <2o7lqs$9...@gap.cco.caltech.edu>,
: >nap...@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (K. Bruner) writes:

: >>ve...@catt.ncsu.edu (Phillip Alden Vega) writes:
: >>
: >>>Try this these:   Alfred Molina (Hope you know who he is), Eric Stoltz

ALFRED MOLINA was in Raiders of the Lost Ark with
HARRISON FORD, who was in Apocalypse Now with
MARLON BRANDO, who was in The Missouri Breaks with
JACK NICHOLSON, who was in A Few Good Men with
KEVIN BACON!
--
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Al Austin (aau...@cmr.com)            +

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe woo...@vax1.mankato.msus.edu 4/11/94 12:16 PM
In article <2o3d77$s...@bigfoot.wustl.edu>, bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu (Benjamin Todd Tritle ) writes:
> PETERSEN KIRK A (un...@clark.edu) wrote:
>
> : if relatives don't count, how about Elizabeth Taylor.  I believe she was in
> : Chaplins last film.
>
> I realize that I'm following up my own post with something else, but I
> really wanted to get this down while I still remembered, thereby creating
> the link to Elizabeth Taylor (the Charlie Chaplin-ET link goes to someone
> else)...

to shorten this one up...

> ELIZABETH TAYLOR  - National Velvet
> with
> ANGELA LANSBURY  - Beauty and the Beast
> with
> JERRY ORBACH    - Dirty Dancing
> with
-------cut here-----
PATRICK SWAYZE -Uncommon Valor
with
FRED WARD - Tremors
with
KEVIN BACON...

and skips all these...
> JENNIFER GREY   - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
> with
> MATTHEW BRODERICK - Glory
> with
> DENZEL WASHINGTON - Philadelphia
> with
> TOM HANKS       - Big
> with
> ELIZABETH PERKINS - He Said, She Said
> with
> KEVIN BACON
>
> so would that be a Bacon Number 7?

I cut out 3 of 'em, so now for I think...

--
"If you define a coward as some one who runs, screaming and tripping, begging
 for mercy at the first sign of danger, then yes, mister brave man, I am

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe David Gregory Platt 4/11/94 12:18 PM
In <2o3ckb$s...@bigfoot.wustl.edu> bttr...@artsci.wustl.edu (Benjamin Todd Tritle ) writes:

>OK, here's a tough one (maybe)...

>Elizabeth Taylor (this one could be a little drawn out, by the way I tied
>it together).

Nope.
Elizabeth Taylor will star in
The Flintsones
with Elizabeth Perkins
who was also in
He Said, She Said
with Kevin Bacon

Dave

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe James Walkley Johnson 4/11/94 1:11 PM
jw...@titan.arc.ab.ca  writes:

> In article <1994041001...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU> IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Leo Gonzalez) writes:

        SHORTCUT ALERT!!

        Eric Stoltz was in
                MASK with
        Cher who was in
                MERMAIDS with
        Winona Ryder who was in
                DRACULA with
        Anthony Hopkins who was in
                SILENCE OF THE LAMBS with
        Scott Glenn who was in
                SILVERADO with
        Kevin Costner who was in
                JFK with
        Kevin Bacon

        If my calculations are correct Stoltz has a Bacon # of 5.

                                ----James Johnson

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe James Walkley Johnson 4/11/94 1:15 PM
aau...@cmr.com  writes:        SHORTCUT ALERT!!

        Alfred Molina was in
                RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK with
        Karen Allen who was in
                ANIMAL HOUSE with
        Kevin Bacon!

                BOOM the Bacon #'s just keep dropping :)

                        ---James Johnson

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Paul Edward Freitag 4/11/94 1:35 PM

Bonus points for anyone who can trace Joe Dallesandro to Bacon through "The
Demon Murder Case" or "Friday the 13th"...

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Steven Fought 4/11/94 1:52 PM

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Eric Stoltz was in Mask with
Cher, who was in The Witches of Eastwick with
Jack Nicholson, who was in A Few Good Men with
Kevin Bacon

Steven, who has never been in a feature film, and is thus undefined
with respect to Kevin Bacon, and whose name is a sentence, Fought.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jim Ortlieb 4/11/94 1:59 PM
In article <jwest.183...@titan.arc.ab.ca> jw...@titan.arc.ab.ca (Dracomancer) writes:
>In article <1994041001...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU> IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Leo Gonzalez) writes:
>
>>In article <2o7lqs$9...@gap.cco.caltech.edu>,
>>nap...@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (K. Bruner) writes:

>>>Who?
>>>
>>>Anyway, Eric Stoltz is easy.  He was in SINGLES with Kyra Sedgwick, The
>>>Man's wife.
>
>>I don't think Eric Stoltz was in SINGLES.  You might be thinking of
>>Campbell Scott or that guy from "thirtysomething" who appeared in the
>>film but whose name escapes me at the moment.  Peter Horton??
>
>  Eric Stoltz
>        MASK
>  Cher
>        MERMAIDS
>  Winona Ryder
>        DRACULA
to Gary Oldman
   in JFK
to not sausage, not ham, but.... BACON!! :-)

There's probably one shorter than this, but I knew I could shorten your
list right away, so I figured I'd do that now and look for one less than
3 later....

Jim
--- Jim Ortlieb          -- aka... Head Junkie of the CrackHouse
or...@midway.uchicago.edu --     and sometimes 1/2 of Amber...

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Ron Geroncio Galicia 4/11/94 2:36 PM
Somebody mentioned they wanted the Gong Li connection.  Here it is:

Gong Li was in FAREWELL MY CONCUBINE with
Leslie Cheung who was in ONCE A THIEF with
Chow-Yun Fat who was in THE KILLER with
Duke Ernsberger who was in SUMMER HEAT with
Lori Singer who was in FOOTLOOSE with ...

KEVIN BACON!!!

Ron

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Dwayne MacKinnon 4/11/94 2:49 PM
jw...@titan.arc.ab.ca (Dracomancer) writes:

It's right here. Bacon co-starred in "He Said, She Said" with Perkins.

>  A bit long and convoluted though. There must be a lower Bacon number for
>Eric Stoltz. Can anyone find it?

DMK

--
"I can't afford to make any exceptions. Once word gets out that a pirate has
gone soft people start to disobey him and it's nothing but work, work, work

Dwayne MacKinnon
910...@dragon.acadiau.ca

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Paul Edward Freitag 4/11/94 3:09 PM
In article <1994Apr11.201122.13658@Virginia.EDU> jwj2u@Virginia.EDU (James Walkley Johnson) writes:

>        SHORTCUT ALERT!!
>
>        Eric Stoltz was in
>                MASK with
>        Cher who was in
>                MERMAIDS with
>        Winona Ryder who was in
>                DRACULA with
>        Anthony Hopkins who was in
>                SILENCE OF THE LAMBS with
>        Scott Glenn who was in
>                SILVERADO with
>        Kevin Costner who was in
>                JFK with
>        Kevin Bacon
>
>        If my calculations are correct Stoltz has a Bacon # of 5.
>
>                                ----James Johnson

Shorter Shortcut alert....

       Stoltz was in
           BODIES, REST and MOTION
       with Bridget Fonda, who was in
           SINGLES
       with Kyra Sedgewick, who was in
           PYRATES
       with her Hubby.

And if someone can confirm this Stoltz/Singles thing, his factor lowers to
2.

Marcel Marceau, anyone?

Paul Freitag

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Mitch Goldstein 4/11/94 3:19 PM

    Actually, Eric Stoltz play the very small part of the street clown who got a ride from Campell Scott and his buddy near the beginning of the flick wen they are on thier way to the club wher Scott meets Sedgwick.  Actually, a very funn role for Stoltz, as the clown is a chain-smoking angry dude.

  +--------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
  | Mitchell M. Goldstein    | "Jane! Get me off this crazy thing!"       |
  +--------------------------+                 -George Jetson             |
  | mmgo...@mailbox.syr.edu +--------------------------------------------+
  | Syracuse University      | "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.|
  | School of Management     |   Greed works."                            |
  | Syracuse, New York       |            - Gordon Gekko, "Wall Street"   |
  +--------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Phillip Alden Vega 4/11/94 4:32 PM
aau...@cmr.com (Al Austin) writes:

Hurah!! Someone finaly got Alfred Molina... I was about to
post my answer, but it does start with him staring in
Raiders .. and you can go just about anywhere with Harrison Ford..

Here is the one I had in mind for Eric Stoltz when I posted it.

Eric Stoltz -> LIOHHEART (1987), Gabriel Byrne
Gabriel Byrne -> COOL WORLD, Kim Basinger
Kim Basinger -> BATMAN, Jack Nicholson
Jack Nicholson-> A FEW GOOD MEN, Kevin Bacon .

Wala!

Micah A. Williams
mawi...@eos.ncsu.edu                       (NCSU Project EOS)
mawi...@tx.ncsu.edu                        (NCSU College of Textiles)
ve...@garfield.catt.ncsu.edu                 (CATT Program)

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ PETERSEN KIRK A 4/11/94 4:38 PM
In article <1994041000...@mvs.oac.ucla.edu>,
Leo Gonzalez <IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU> wrote:
>>Clint Eastwood?
>
>Clint Eastwood was in UNFORGIVEN with
>Morgan Freeman who was in GLORY with
>Denzel Washington who was in PELICAN BRIEF with
>Julia Roberts who was in FLATLINERS with
>TA DA . . . Kevin Bacon

Even faster...

Clint Eastwood in Kellys Heros with
Donald Sutherland who was in JFK which of course leads to
Kevin Bacon.

Kirk Petersen
un...@clark.edu

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ K. Bruner 4/11/94 6:09 PM
sedi...@sbu.edu (Kelly Sedinger) writes:

>Of course, after I posted this, I remembered that Nicholson and Bacon share
>the screen in A Few Good Men. I really should start to think before I hit
>the "Post/Follow-up" button....

Don't worry about it.  No one else does.

To legitimize this post:  Lassie?

--
Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.
                                        --Stella Adler

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ COBB NICK 4/11/94 6:11 PM
Ok, I'm going to postulate the existence of a Bacon-infinity actor.  If
we go not too deep into
Communist Russia, the famous film "Potemkin" by Eisenstein has an actor called:

I believe this may be a stumper... I think this movie counts too, because it
can be found in almost any video store.

-N.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe jyan-min fang 4/11/94 11:06 PM
OK, here are some challenges,

1. can someone link Kevin and Gong Li together?
2. only one movie from each decade, can someone trace Kevin Bacon all the
   way back to the begining of the century? (10 movies total, any actor
   or actress is fine, in chronological order)
3. Can someone trace Kevin Bacon from 1980 to 1994, then back to 1980 again?
   (don't skip any year, 29 movies total, any actor or actress is fine too)

For problem 2 and 3, if the all-male of all-female answer can be provided,
that would be even better.

Thanks

jmf

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Luca Vigano 4/12/94 6:15 AM
In article <1994Apr8.0...@news.cs.indiana.edu>, "Steven Miale" <smi...@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
|> In article <2o2mvf$7...@cmcl2.nyu.edu>,
|> mike d'angelo <mqd...@ACFcluster.NYU.EDU> wrote:
|> >Someone do Toshiro Mifune.
|>
|> Too easy.
|>
|> Toshiro Mifune was in
|>         1941
|> with John Belushi who was in
|>         ANIMAL HOUSE
|> with Kevin Bacon.
|>
|> How about:
|>
|>         Charleton Heston
|>         Groucho Marx
|>         Walter Matthau
|>         Omar Sharif
|>
|> Steve
|>

|> --
|> Steven Miale - smi...@cs.indiana.edu | Don't blame me -
|> Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  | I voted Libertarian.

Walter Matthau/BUDDY BUDDY/Jack Lemmon
Jack Lemmon/SHORT CUTS/Fred Ward
Fred Ward/TREMORS/Baconned !!!

or:

Walter Matthau/BUDDY BUDDY/Jack Lemmon
Jack Lemmon/SHORT CUTS/Lori Singer
Lori Singer/FOOTLOSE/Baconned again !!!

luca.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Ken Luther 4/12/94 6:22 AM
Some people suggested linking KB with non-actors. Okay, here's one to
try... (I have my own solution, which can probably be improved after
the <CTRL>-L, in case anyone wants to try it without seeing my answer):

John Bush, lead singer of Anthrax.

John was formerly in Armored Saint, who played a bar band in
  HELLRAISER III
starring Terry Farrell, who is in
  STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE
in which guest starred Wallace Shawn, who was in
  THE PRINCESS BRIDE
with Cary Elwes, who was in
  HOT SHOTS
with Charlie Sheen, who was in
  THE ROOKIE
with Clint Eastwood, who was in
  IN THE LINE OF FIRE
with John Malkovich, who was in
  QUEEN'S LOGIC
with

  Kevin Bacon

|Ken Luther             School of Public & Environmental Affairs |
|klu...@nickel.ucs.indiana.edu               Indiana University |

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ J. Martin Cassady Jr. 4/12/94 2:30 AM
In article <2ocscv$s...@gap.cco.caltech.edu> nap...@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (K. Bruner) writes:
>From: nap...@gluttony.ugcs.caltech.edu (K. Bruner)
>Subject: Re: Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ
>Date: 12 Apr 1994 01:09:51 GMT

>sedi...@sbu.edu (Kelly Sedinger) writes:

>>Of course, after I posted this, I remembered that Nicholson and Bacon share
>>the screen in A Few Good Men. I really should start to think before I hit
>>the "Post/Follow-up" button....

>Don't worry about it.  No one else does.

>To legitimize this post:  Lassie?

LASSIE was in "Lassie Come Home" with
RODDY MACDOWALL who was in "Battle For The Planet Of The Apes" with
JOHN HUSTON who was in "Chinatown" with
JACK NICHOLSON who was in "A Few Good Men" with KB.

Here's one I'm pondering:
Link KB to anyone who was in a Sergei Eisenstein film.

-MC/Blacksburg VA

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ J. Martin Cassady Jr. 4/12/94 2:46 AM
In article <2ocsff$m...@agate.berkeley.edu> ni...@hafez.eecs.berkeley.edu (COBB  NICK) writes:
>From: ni...@hafez.eecs.berkeley.edu (COBB  NICK)

>Subject: Re: Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ
>Date: 12 Apr 1994 01:11:11 GMT

>-N.

Funny how I as just thinking of the same thing...(sort of.)

I'll have to get to this one tomorrow, when I get back to work & can access
our vast movie database (I work for a regional chain of video stores.)

For now, though.....
G. ALEXANDROV was in "Battleship Potemkin" with the famous
ODESSA STEPS SEQUENCE which was ripped off by Brian DePalma in "The
Untouchables" with KEVIN COSTNER who was in "JFK" with KB.

Hopefully that'll hold everybody overnight.

Speaking of Eisenstein, are any of you "Schindler's List/Girl In Red Dress"
folks familiar with "Ivan The Terrible Pt. 2"? I saw it for a film class years
ago, & I seem to remember a couple of color scenes intercut here & there with
some sort of intended effect. Any observations? (How much crossover between
threads does r.a.m have, anyway?)

Nitey nite,
MC/Blacksburg VA

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Ron Drake 4/12/94 11:46 AM
Good game! It's easier for the fact that almost every decade has
a "nexus" movie wherein old and new stars have rubbed elbows in
blockbuster movies. Having given that clue, I submit:

GOLDIE HAWN
BUSTER KEATON
LIONEL BARRYMORE
KERMIT THE FROG
RUTGER HAUER
SHIRLEY MACLAINE

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe David Franklin 4/12/94 12:33 PM
There was an earlier debate over an Eric Stoltz (sp?) link. Here's
mine:
Eric Stoltz was in Memphis Belle with
JOHN LITHGOW who was in Ricochet with
DENZEL WASHINGTON who was in Glory with
CAREY ELWES who was in The Princess Bride with
BILLY CRYSTAL who was in When Harry Met Sally with
CARRIE FISCHER who was in Star Wars with
JAMES EARL JONES who was in Field of Dreams with
KEVIN COSTNER who was in JFK with...
KEVIN BACON

Of course there were other paths I could have taken such as Billy
Crystal in City Slickers with Daniel Stern who was in Diner with Kevin,
but that would have made it a little shorter. This could be even longer
but this was the best I could do for now.

Somebody also requested Micheal J Fox.

Micheal J Fox was in Family Ties with
MICHEAL GROSS who was in Tremors with
KEVIN BACON

and Omar Sharif

Omar Sharif was in Lawrence of Arabia with
ALEC GUINESS who was in Star Wars with
JAMES EARL JONES who was in Field of Dreams with

KEVIN COSTNER who was in JFK with
KEVIN BACON

and Charles Bronson

Charles was in The Magnificent Seven with
YUL BRYNNER who was in The King and I with
DEBORRAH KARR who was in From Here To Eternity with
BURT LANCASTER who was in Tough Guys with
KIRK DOUGLAS who was in Spartacus with
PETER USTINOV who was in The Bible with
PETER O'TOOLE who was in Lawrence of Arabia with
ANTHONY QUINN who was in Guns of Navarrone with
GREGORY PECK who was in Cape Fear (original) with
ROBERT MITCHUM who was in Cape Fear (both) with
NICK NOLTE who was in Prince of Tides with
BARBRA STREISAND who was in Nuts with
RICHARD DREYFUSS who was in Jaws with
ROY SCHEIDER who was in The French Connection with
GENE HACKMAN who was in Loose Cannons with
DAN ACKROYD who was in Trading Places with
JAMIE LEE CURTIS who was in A Fish Called Wanda with
JOHN CLEESE who was in Silverado with
SCOTT GLENN who was in Silence of the Lambs with
ANTHONY HOPKINS who was in The Bounty with
MEL GIBSON who was in Lethal Weapon with
DANNY GLOVER who was in Silverado with
KEVIN COSTNER who was in Field of Dreams with
JAMES EARL JONES who was in Star Wars with
HARRISON FORD who was in Working Girl with
SIGOURNEY WEAVER who was in Dave with
KEVIN KLINE who was in Silverado (again) with
JEFF GOLDBLUM who was in The Fly with
GEENA DAVIS who was in A League of Their Own with
TOM HANKS who was in Nothing in Common with
JACKIE GLEASON who was in Smokie and the Bandit with
BURT REYNOLDS who was in Silent Movie with
PAUL NEWMAN who was in The Sting with
ROBERT REDFORD who was in INDECENT PROPOSAL with
DEMI MOORE who was in A Few Good Men with...
KEVIN BACON

Of course there were a number of other paths and shortcuts that could
have been taken but I decided to challenge myself. I especially could
not resist the Silverado tie-ins, there were just too many to let it go
with one. I'll stop here because I gotta believe this one's tough to
beat. Also this whole concept is starting to scare me.

David

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Clotty Peristalt 4/12/94 2:21 PM
Paul Edward Freitag (de...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu) wrote:

: Marcel Marceau, anyone?

As long as TV shows count. . .

Marcel Marceau was in
        Silent Movie with
Mel Brooks was in
        Space Balls with
John Candy was on
        SCTV with
Martin Short was in
        The Big Picture with
KB!

Ta-da!
--
Clotty Peristalt

". . . Loving all like friend and brother, hardly ever eat each other. . ."

K B i t C o t U Leo Gonzalez 4/12/94 10:34 AM
In article <2ochq0...@uwm.edu>,

de...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Paul Edward Freitag) writes:

>Marcel Marceau, anyone?
>
>Paul Freitag

Marcel Marceau THE SILENT MOVIE w/
Dom Deluise CANNONBALL RUN w/
Burt Reynolds SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT w/
Sally Field MRS. DOUBTFIRE w/
Robin Williams THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP w/
John Lithgow FOOTLOOSE w/
Baconosity

There's probably a shorter route but I can't think of it at the moment.

-Leo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Wayne Hazle 4/12/94 5:42 PM
Very cool thread!!!!  I just connected Kevin bacon to Dorothy Dandridge.
She was in a movie with Sidney Poitier. Then I just followed with the Sidney
Poitier connection.

Ok buffs, here's one:

AL JOLSON

wah3

K B is the Center of the Universe Leo Gonzalez 4/12/94 10:48 AM
In article <2ocn18$k...@clark.edu>,
un...@clark.edu (PETERSEN KIRK A) writes:

>Clint Eastwood in Kelly's Heroes with

>Donald Sutherland who was in JFK which of course leads to
>Kevin Bacon.
>
>Kirk Petersen
>un...@clark.edu

Which reminds me, someone wanted Telly Savalas.

Telly Savalas KELLY'S HEROES w/
Donald Sutherland JFK w/
El Bacono

-Leo

K B is the Center of the Universe Leo Gonzalez 4/12/94 11:10 AM
In article <Co5EH...@usenet.ucs.indiana.edu>,
klu...@nickel.ucs.indiana.edu (Ken Luther) writes:

>Some people suggested linking KB with non-actors. Okay, here's one to
>try... (I have my own solution, which can probably be improved after
>the <CTRL>-L, in case anyone wants to try it without seeing my answer):
>
>John Bush, lead singer of Anthrax.
>
>John was formerly in Armored Saint, who played a bar band in
>  HELLRAISER III
>starring Terry Farrell, who is in
>  STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE

I think it's cheating using t.v. shows but we can still use Farrell.

Terry Farrell BACK TO SCHOOL w/
Robert Downey Jr. CHAPLIN w/
Kevin Kline SILVERADO w/
Kevin Costner JFK w/
Bring Home The Bacon

-Leo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Leo Gonzalez 4/12/94 8:07 AM
In article <bljones-12...@151.116.108.175>,
blj...@denitqm.ecte.uswc.uswest.com (Brent L. Jones) writes:

>Can we do this with TV actors? How's about Bob Denver, of
>Gilligan's Island fame?
>
>--
>Brent L. Jones,

Only if they've appeared in a film.  I think using t.v. shows, plays,
etc. is cheating.  This is a film newsgroup.

Just my $0.02.

-Leo

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Ron Geroncio Galicia 4/13/94 1:42 AM
KEVINATOR Glenn Rubinstein 4/13/94 6:32 AM
Madchen Amick was in SLEEPWALKERS
with Marc Hammill, who was in Empire Strikes Back with
Carrie Fisher, who was in Loverboy with
Kirstie Alley, who was in Sibling Rivalry with
Bill Pullman, who was in Malice with
Alec Baldwin, who was in Miami Blues with
Fred Ward, who was in Tremors with
KEVIN BACON

I know you can factor this down easier..

Charo was in an episode of Facts Of Life,
with Charlotte Rae who was in Hair,
with Beverly D'Angelo who was in Vacation.
with John Candy who was in JFK,
with KEVIN BAACON!!!

James Garner was in Fire In The Sky
with DB Sweeney who was in Eight Men Out,
with John Cusack who was in 16 Candles,
with Anthony Michael Hall who was in Edward Scissorhands,
directed by Tim Burton, who directed Batman,
with Jack Nicholson, who was in A Few Good Men,
with KEVIN BACON!!

K B i t C o t U Glenn Rubinstein 4/13/94 6:37 AM
Marcel Marceau THE SILENT MOVIE w/
Dom Deluise ROBIN HOOD: MEN IN TIGHTS w/
Cary Elwes THE PRINCESS BRIDE w/
Christopher Guest SPINAL TAP w/
Michael McKean THE BIG PICTURE w/
KEVIN BACON!!

ok, got it down by one factor there

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jason Fliegel 4/13/94 8:19 AM
In article <Co60n...@avalon.chinalake.navy.mil>,

Clotty Peristalt <ma...@peewee.chinalake.navy.mil> wrote:
>Paul Edward Freitag (de...@csd4.csd.uwm.edu) wrote:
>
>: Marcel Marceau, anyone?
>
>As long as TV shows count. . .

They don't but once you get to John Candy, it's easy:

>Marcel Marceau was in
>        Silent Movie with
>Mel Brooks was in
>        Space Balls with
>John Candy was on
        JFK with
Kevin Bacon

Not having sen JFK, I am assuming that I can believe a friend
of mine who told me John Candy is in it.  If not, then
John Candy is in
        Home Alone with
Joe Pesci
        who was mose definitely in JFK with
Kevin Bacon

So there you have it.  No TV, no stage plays, and no cheap
"Oliver Stone directed both of these movies"

--
Jason Fliegel   |   jb...@darwin.clas.virginia.edu   |   (804) 977-1686
Through the sorrow all through our splendor,

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Paul Callahan 4/13/94 8:45 AM
klu...@nickel.ucs.indiana.edu (Ken Luther) writes:

>Some people suggested linking KB with non-actors. Okay, here's one to
>try... (I have my own solution, which can probably be improved after
>the <CTRL>-L, in case anyone wants to try it without seeing my answer):

                  K-ev-I-n-B-ac-O-n

Need I say more?
--
Paul Callahan
call...@biffvm.cs.jhu.edu

KEVINATOR James Walkley Johnson 4/13/94 10:50 AM
        I looked up the connection but I hope I remember it
right:
                Peter Lorre was in
                        CASABLANCA with
                Ingrid Bergman who was in
                        GASLIGHT with
                Angela Lansbury who was in
                        THE LAST PICTURE SHOW with
                Jeff Bridges who was in
                        THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS with
                Michelle Pfeiffer who is in
                        WOLF with
                Jack Nicholson who was in
                        A FEW GOOD MEN with
                Kevin Bacon

                                -----James Johnson

        Can anybody do David Bowie in four steps....?

KEVINATOR James Walkley Johnson 4/13/94 10:55 AM
Glenn Rubinstein  writes:

> Madchen Amick was in SLEEPWALKERS
> with Marc Hammill, who was in Empire Strikes Back with
> Carrie Fisher, who was in Loverboy with
> Kirstie Alley, who was in Sibling Rivalry with
> Bill Pullman, who was in Malice with
> Alec Baldwin, who was in Miami Blues with
> Fred Ward, who was in Tremors with
> KEVIN BACON

        SHORTCUT ALERT!!!

                Madchen Amik was in SLEEPWALKERS
                with Marc Hamill, who was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES
BACK with
                Carrie Fisher, who was in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
with
                Billy Crystal, who was in CITY SLICKERS with
                Daniel Stern, who was in DINER with
                Kevin Bacon

                                ----James Johnson

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Dracomancer 4/13/94 11:03 AM
In article <Co5EH...@usenet.ucs.indiana.edu> klu...@nickel.ucs.indiana.edu (Ken Luther) writes:

>Some people suggested linking KB with non-actors. Okay, here's one to
>try... (I have my own solution, which can probably be improved after
>the <CTRL>-L, in case anyone wants to try it without seeing my answer):

>John Bush, lead singer of Anthrax.

  How about the Red Hot Chilies? Not just a member of the band though,
since Flea is too easy to trace. I'll post an answer tomorrow.
                             ____/ |   Dracomancer
_   {\__--_/}-~_          __/      |   jw...@arc.ab.ca
 \__/'   (_/     \_    __/         |
   |   _/) )-~     \_-/            |   You know what Roger Coreman
   / /- ,_/-\_\                    |   fight scenes make me hungry for?
  o=o _//    \_\                   |
  (^(~                             |   WAFFLES!!!!

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Leo Gonzalez 4/13/94 4:37 AM
In article <1994Apr12.1...@schbbs.mot.com>,
dav...@pts.mot.com (David Franklin) writes:

>There was an earlier debate over an Eric Stoltz (sp?) link. Here's
>mine:
>Eric Stoltz was in Memphis Belle with
>JOHN LITHGOW who was in Ricochet with
>DENZEL WASHINGTON who was in Glory with
>CAREY ELWES who was in The Princess Bride with
>BILLY CRYSTAL who was in When Harry Met Sally with
>CARRIE FISCHER who was in Star Wars with
>JAMES EARL JONES who was in Field of Dreams with
>KEVIN COSTNER who was in JFK with...
>KEVIN BACON

Lithgow was in FOOTLOOSE with the Kev-meister.

I too liked SILVERADO (my 2nd favorite film) but I was able to do thirty
films in an earlier post w/o repeating any. Try that.

-Leo

KEVINATOR Leo Gonzalez 4/13/94 4:44 AM
Coupla Quick Ones:

Roseanne Barr Arnold SHE-DEVIL w/
Meryl Streep THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS w/
Winona Ryder DRACULA w/
Gary Oldman CRIMINAL LAW w/
Kev-man

Isabella Adjani THE TENANT w/
Roman Polanski CHINATOWN w/
Jack Nicholson A FEW GOOD MEN w/
His Baconness

-Leo

KEVINATOR Leo Gonzalez 4/13/94 11:16 AM
In article <1994Apr13.175028.1965@Virginia.EDU>,

jwj2u@Virginia.EDU (James Walkley Johnson) writes:

>Can anybody do David Bowie in four steps....?

I'd also like to see Ingmar Bergman, Harold Pinter, and Gary Cooper.

-Leo

KEVINATOR brent jackson 4/13/94 7:19 PM
...thus spake Leo Gonzalez through the avatar IZZY2MJ@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU...
\\ In article <1994Apr13.175028.1965@Virginia.EDU>,

\\ jwj2u@Virginia.EDU (James Walkley Johnson) writes:
\\
\\ >Can anybody do David Bowie in four steps....?

david bowie in _the_hunger_ with
susan sarandon in _bull_durham_ with
kevin costner in _jfk_ with
kevin bacon

that's 3! ha!

-brent

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe an7...@anon.penet.fi 4/13/94 10:05 PM

A few links for people that have been suggested. Some have been done
before in different ways, but I'm trying to take the shortest routes.

Charlie Chaplin was in LIMELIGHT with
Claire Bloom who was in CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS with
Anjelica Huston who was in THE PLAYER with
Julia Roberts who was in FLATLINERS with
Kevin Bacon.

Marilyn Monroe was in SOME LIKE IT HOT with
Jack Lemmon who was in JFK with
Kevin Bacon.

Groucho Marx was in LOVE HAPPY with
Marilyn Monroe ... (see above)

Harold Lloyd was in THE SIN OF HAROLD DIDDLEBROCK with
Lionel Stander who was in THE BLACK BIRD with
George Segal who was in STICK with
Burt Reynolds who was in STARTING OVER with KB.

Eric Bogosian was in TALK RADIO with
Alec Baldwin who was in SHE'S HAVING A BABY with KB.

Lillian Gish was in THE WHALES OF AUGUST with
Vincent Price who was in EDWARD SCISSORHANDS with
Dianne Wiest who was in FOOTLOOSE with KB.

Adrienne Shelly was in HEXED with
Arye Gross who was in THE EXPERTS with
John Travolta who was in GREASE with
Stockard Channing who was in SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION with
Donald Sutherland who was in JFK with KB.

Is there anyone in the film industry who can't be linked with Kevin Bacon
in less than 10 links?

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to he...@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to ad...@anon.penet.fi.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Andrea Miralia 4/13/94 10:41 PM

Hey, I wonder how many degrees I am from the Kevin.
Okay, so I met Gary Oldman (in my driveway filming Romeo is Bleeding.)

(thanks to Leo G.)
: Who was in DRACULA with Anthony Hopkins
who was in REMAINS OF THE DAY with
: Emma Thompson who was in MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING with
: Denzel Washington who was in PHILADELPHIA with
: Tom Hanks who was in BIG with
: Elizabeth Perkins who was in HE SAID SHE SAID with

The Kevin ...

Hey...  I wonder if there's another way.  Lena Olin?  Juliette Lewis?
Roy schieder?  Annabella Sciorra?  Hmmmm.
fer...@acpub.duke.edu

"And the license said you had to stick around until I was dead/ but if
you're tired of looking at my face I guess I already am." Liz Phair

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe James Walkley Johnson 4/13/94 1:28 PM
blj...@denitqm.ecte.uswc.uswest.com  writes:

> Can we do this with TV actors? How's about Bob Denver, of
> Gilligan's Island fame?
>
> --
> Brent L. Jones, U S WEST Technologies, Denver CO
> Wireless email add: bjo...@embarcgw.com -put the following as the subject
> line: <EM:PRTY=P>
> desktop add: blj...@denitqm.ecte.uswc.uswest.com

        Bob Denver was in
                BACK TO THE BEACH with
        Pee-Wee Herman who was in
                BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER with

        Donald Sutherland who was in
                JFK with
        Kevin "Side Order Of" Bacon

                ----James Johnson

    Do Neil Connery, only been in one film but still easy if
you think about it.....

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe James Walkley Johnson 4/13/94 1:31 PM
Eric Stoltz was in
        MEMPHIS BELLE with
John Lithgow who was in
        FOOTLOOSE with
Kevin Bacon.

                        ----James Johnson

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe James Walkley Johnson 4/13/94 1:45 PM
Jawara@Apple.COM  writes:

> Good game! It's easier for the fact that almost every decade has
> a "nexus" movie wherein old and new stars have rubbed elbows in
> blockbuster movies. Having given that clue, I submit:
>
> KERMIT THE FROG was in
        "The Great Muppet Caper" with
  CHARLES GRODIN who is in
        "Clifford" with
  MARTIN SHORT who was in
        "Three Amigos" with
  STEVE MARTIN who was in
        "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" with
  KEVIN BACON

> RUTGER HAUER was in
        "Ladyhawke" with
  MICHELLE PFEIFFER who is in
        "Wolf" with
  JACK NICHOLSON who was in

        "A Few Good Men" with
  KEVIN BACON!!

                        ----James Johnson

K B i t C o t U Martin Los 4/14/94 3:46 AM
What about connecting KB to Stan Laurel ??

ML

KEVINATOR Kelly Sedinger 4/14/94 5:55 AM
In article 2...@bigfoot.wustl.edu, d...@atlas.wustl.edu (Don Porter) writes:
> In article 7660...@warthog.ru.ac.za, st...@warthog.ru.ac.za (MR DJ POOLE) writes:
> > >I'd like to see:
> > >
> > >John Ratzenberger (yes I saw him in an obscure film but I can't remember
> > >                   the name or the rest of the cast, maybe Ayre Gross
> > >                   was in it?)
> >
> > Off the top of my head...
> >
> > John Ratzenberger was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
> > with Carrie Fisher who was in POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE
>
> Are you sure?  She wrote the novel and the screenplay, but was she
> actually in the film?  Where?
>
> > with Shirley McClaine who was in TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
> > with Jack Nicholson was was in A FEW GOOD MEN
> > with Kevin Bacon.
>
> OK, but more directly,
>
> John Ratzenberger was in         SHE'S HAVING A BABY
> with Kevin Bacon

Okay, this isn't as short, but I like it anyway:

JOhn Ratzenberger / EMPIRE STRIKES BACK / Carrie Fisher
Carrie Fisher / WHEN HARRY MET SALLY / Meg Ryan
Meg Ryan / SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE / Gaby Hoffman
Gaby Hoffman / FIELD OF DREAMS / Kevin Costner

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe bl...@gpx01.d39.lilly.com 4/14/94 8:29 AM
In article <1994Apr13.204537.8149@Virginia.EDU>, jwj2u@Virginia.EDU (James Walkley Johnson) writes:
> Jawara@Apple.COM  writes:
>> Good game! It's easier for the fact that almost every decade has
>> a "nexus" movie wherein old and new stars have rubbed elbows in
>> blockbuster movies. Having given that clue, I submit:
>>
>> KERMIT THE FROG was in
>         "The Great Muppet Caper" with
>   CHARLES GRODIN who is in
>         "Clifford" with
>   MARTIN SHORT who was in

        "The Big Picture" with
    KEVIN BACON

or even shorter...

KERMIT
   "The Muppet Movie"
STEVE MARTIN
   "Planes, Trains, ..."
KEVIN BACON

KEVINATOR David Franklin 4/13/94 1:33 PM
In article <1994041022...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
IZZ...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU (Leo Gonzalez) writes:

> I'd like to see:
>
> Lon Chaney Sr. and Jr.

> Douglas Fairbanks Sr. and Jr.
DOUGLAS FAIRBANKS JR. was in Twilight Zone The Movie with
DAN ACKROYD who was in The Blues Brothers with
JOHN BESUSHI who was in Animal House with
KB

> Peter Lorre
PETER LORRE was in The Raven with
VINCENT PRICE who was in Edward Scissorhands with
WYNONA RIDER who was in Heathers with
CHRISTIAN SLATER who was in Young Guns II with
KIEFER SOUTHERLAND who was in A Few Good Men with
KB

> Orson Welles (even though he's probably easy)

> Gene Kelly
GK was in Xanadu with
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN who was in Grease with
JOHN TRAVOLTA who was in Look Who's Talking with
BRUCE WILLIS who is in Hudson Hawk with
ANDIE MACDOWELL who is in St Elmo's Fire with
EMILIO ESTEVEZ who is in Young Guns with
KIEFER SOUTHERLAND who is in A Few Good Men with
KB

> Catherine Denueve
CD was in The Hunger with
SUSAN SARANDON who was in Bull Durham with
KEVIN COSTNER who was in JFK with
KB

> Charo

> John Ratzenberger (yes I saw him in an obscure film but I can't remember
>                    the name or the rest of the cast, maybe Ayre Gross
>                    was in it?)
> Patrick Stewart (another easy one)
> J.T. Walsh

> James Garner
See Steve McQueen

> Chuck Connor

> Steve McQueen (another Gimme)
SM and JG were in The Great Escape with
JAMES COBURN who was in Hudson Hawk
(See Gene Kelly thread for the rest)

> Madchen Amick
MA was in I'm Dangerous Tonight (USA movie but close enough) with
TONY PERKINS who was in Psycho with
MARTIN BALSAM who was in Tora Tora Tora with
JASON ROBARDS who was in Parenthood with
TOM HULCE who was in Amadeus with
F MURRAY ABRAHAM who was in Loaded Weapon I with
EMILIO ESTEVEZ who was in Young Guns with
KIEFER SOUTHERLAND who was in A Few Good Men with
KB
This one could have been shorter but this solution came to mind first.
Mary Steenburgen was in Parenthood and a movie (Missouri Breaks maybe?)
with both Jack Nicholson and John Belushi, both of whom are tied back
to KB.

> That's it.
>
> -Leo
I don't have the time to complete the others, but maybe I will get back
to it another time.

David

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Alex Fung 4/14/94 9:17 AM
In article <2oil1v$r...@news.duke.edu>,
Andrea Miralia <fer...@acpub.duke.edu> wrote:

>Juliette Lewis?

Juliette Lewis was in "CROOKED HEARTS" with
Jennifer Jason Leigh who was in "THE BIG PICTURE" with
K.B.

I can't believe I'm doing this.....

Alex (fu...@ecf.toronto.edu)   |   "Unlike you, I'm tolerant of weirdness."
                               |      - Jennifer Jason Leigh, 'Crooked Hearts'

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jim Ortlieb 4/14/94 9:17 AM
In article <2oil1v$r...@news.duke.edu> fer...@acpub.duke.edu (Andrea Miralia) writes:

>Hey, I wonder how many degrees I am from the Kevin.
>Okay, so I met Gary Oldman (in my driveway filming Romeo is Bleeding.)
who was in "Criminal Law" with
the PIG-BOY.

Jim
--- Jim Ortlieb          -- aka... Head Junkie of the CrackHouse
or...@midway.uchicago.edu --     and sometimes 1/2 of Amber...

KEVINATOR Don Porter 4/14/94 10:09 AM
<1994Apr13.175028.1965@Virginia.EDU> (James Walkley Johnson) writes:
>>Can anybody do David Bowie in four steps....?

David Bowie was in                 ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS with
Patsy Kensit who was in                LETHAL WEAPON 2 with
Danny Glover who was in                PLACES IN THE HEART with
John Malkovitch who was in        QUEENS LOGIC
with Kevin Bacon.

Not the shortest, but the requested 4 steps.

--
|   Don Porter | d...@saturn.wustl.edu | Washington University in St Louis   |
|  "The effect of liberty to individuals is, that they may do what they     |
|   please; we ought to see what it will please them to do, before we       |
|___risk congratulations." -- Edmund Burke._________________________________|

KEVINATOR Mindy Wallis 4/14/94 11:40 AM
In article <1994Apr13.175028.1965@Virginia.EDU>, jwj2u@Virginia.EDU (James
Walkley Johnson) wrote:

>         I looked up the connection but I hope I remember it
> right:
>                 Peter Lorre was in
>                         CASABLANCA with
>                 Ingrid Bergman who was in
>                         GASLIGHT with
>                 Angela Lansbury who was in
>                         THE LAST PICTURE SHOW with
>                 Jeff Bridges who was in
>                         THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS with
>                 Michelle Pfeiffer who is in
>                         WOLF with
>                 Jack Nicholson who was in
>                         A FEW GOOD MEN with
>                 Kevin Bacon

Wait!  Who was Angela Lansbury in the Last Picture Show?

--
Mindy
Institute for the Learning Sciences

"Don't try and engage my enthusiasm, I haven't got one."
     -- Marvin, the Paranoid Android.

KEVINATOR Stephen A Zimmerman 4/14/94 4:15 PM
In article <wallis-14...@wallis.ils.nwu.edu>, wal...@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Mindy Wallis) writes:
> In article <1994Apr13.175028.1965@Virginia.EDU>, jwj2u@Virginia.EDU (James
> Walkley Johnson) wrote:
>
> >         I looked up the connection but I hope I remember it
> > right:
> >                 Peter Lorre was in
etc.

> Wait!  Who was Angela Lansbury in the Last Picture Show?
>
> --
> Mindy

Well then, you go via:

Peter Lorre, who was in ARSENIC AND OLD LACE with
Cary Grant, who was in NORTH BY NORTHWEST with
James Mason, who was in THE VERDICT with
Paul Newman, who was in THE COLOR OF MONEY with
Tom Cruise, who was in A FEW GOOD MEN with
Mister Bacon

Steve Zimmerman

No matter where you go, there you are.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Erik Gregersen 4/14/94 7:11 PM
Jane (Jean?) March was in The Lover with
Jeanne Moreau who was in The Trial with
Romy Schneider who was in Deathwatch with
Harvey Keitel who was in Mortal Thoughts with
Demi Moore who was in A Few Good Men with
Kevin Bacon

And now for a shorter Charles Bronson

Charles Bronson was in Once Upon A Time in the West with
Jason Robards who was in Philadelphia with
Tom Hanks who has already been linked to Mr. Bacon

I have another Gong Li

Gong Li was in Farewell My Concubine with
Leslie Cheung who was in Once A Thief with
Maggie Cheung who was in Dragon Inn with
Tony Leung who was in the Lover with Ms. March

As for Neil Connery, Sean's brother

Neil Connery was in Operation Double 007 with
Bernard Lee who was in The Third Man with
Orson Welles who was in The Trial (see above)

There is probably a shorter link with Bernard Lee by way of the James Bond
movies, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Erik Gregersen

(This is fun!)

KEVINATOR Peter Juul 4/14/94 4:23 PM
A short one:

Kermit the Frog was in MUPPET SHOW w/
Miss Piggy, whose nose looks like that of
KEV KEV KEV KEV KEV KEV

--
c.    "It can be hard to bear to be a bear."                       o.-.o
(_"                        "To be a bear or not to be a bear"      ((^))

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Erik Gregersen 4/14/94 9:32 PM
In article <2o7qlk$b...@gap.cco.caltech.edu>,
MICHAEL BENEDETTI <bene...@wrath.ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
>ar...@cornell.edu (Atif Rafay) writes:
>
>Anybody have a cheap way to do Nanook?

This may be a bit of a cheat but
Nanook was in Nanook of the North which was directed by
Robert Flaherty who codirected Tabu with
F. W. Murnau who directed Nosferatu which starred
Max Schrek who has already been connected to Kevin Bacon.

Though if we go through Sunrise, the Bacon number might be cut.

Also regarding Tony Leung, there are two Tony Leungs.  One starred in The Lover
and Dragon Inn, the other one has been in the John Woo films.  So my recent
article has the correct Gong Li connection.

As for the guy from Potemkin, if you go through Dark Eyes, you can get
everyone in Soviet film.

Erik Gregersen

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Ken Kaufman 4/15/94 7:58 AM
I just heard Patty Hearst makes an appearance in Serial Mom.  This gives
us possible connections of:

The SLA was in a 1974 bank robbery film with Patty Hearst
Who was in SERIAL MOM with Kathleen Turner
Who was in ROMANCING THE STONE with Danny Devito
Who's already been connected to KB.

==Ken

KEVINATOR Al Austin 4/15/94 9:09 AM
That completes the Nova Pilbeam link I was trying to figure out.

Nova Pilbeam was in The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) with Peter Lorre.

[...]

KEVINATOR Jeffrey Davis 4/15/94 1:18 PM
Al Austin wrote:
..That completes the Nova Pilbeam link I was trying to figure out.
..
..Nova Pilbeam was in The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) with Peter Lorre.

   etc.

..:                 Kevin Bacon

Thereby proving what I've contended all along: Nova Pilbeam,
not Kevin Bacon, is the center of the universe.
--
Jeffrey Davis <da...@ca.uky.edu> Lots Available

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Ron Drake 4/15/94 3:30 PM
In article <1994Apr13.203156.7730@Virginia.EDU>, jwj2u@Virginia.EDU (James

Trick question: How about John Belushi?

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Erik Gregersen 4/16/94 7:42 PM
In article <2okt4q$o...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>,

Erik Gregersen <er...@astro.as.utexas.edu> wrote:
>Jane (Jean?) March was in The Lover with
>Jeanne Moreau who was in The Trial with
>Romy Schneider who was in Deathwatch with
>Harvey Keitel who was in Mortal Thoughts with
>Demi Moore who was in A Few Good Men with
>Kevin Bacon
>
>I have another Gong Li
>
>Gong Li was in Farewell My Concubine with
>Leslie Cheung who was in Once A Thief with
>Maggie Cheung who was in Dragon Inn with
>Tony Leung who was in the Lover with Ms. March

I found out today that this Gong Li connection is wrong.  Maggie Cheung
was not in Once A Thief.  Cherie Cheung was.  The absolutely correct
Gong Li link now goes

Gong Li was in Farewell My Concubine with
Leslie Cheung who was in The Bride with White Hair (a great movie, BTW) with
Brigette (sp?) Lin who was in Dragon Inn with
Tony Leung who was in the Lover with Jane March

So Gong Li's Bacon number has not changed.

My bacon number is whatever Ronald Reagan's is plus two, which is either
five or six.

Erik Gregersen
er...@astro.as.utexas.edu

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe an7...@anon.penet.fi 4/17/94 2:20 PM

Adrienne Shelly was in HEXED with
Arye Gross who was in THE COUCH TRIP with
Walter Matthau who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon.

It works with non-actors, too.

Bruce Springsteen was in NO NUKES with
Jane Fonda who was in THE CHINA SYNDROME with
Jack Lemmon who was in JFK with KB.

Hugh Hefner was in HUGH HEFNER: ONCE UPON A TIME with
James Coburn who was in YOUNG GUNS II with
Kiefer Sutherland who was in FLATLINERS with KB.

Can anybody solve it for U2?

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to he...@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to ad...@anon.penet.fi.

Kevin Bacon is the Ce John Martz 4/17/94 5:41 PM
-=> Quoting Jw...@virginia.edu to All <=-

 > KERMIT THE FROG was in
 Jw> "The Great Muppet Caper" with
 Jw> CHARLES GRODIN who is in
 Jw> "Clifford" with
 Jw> MARTIN SHORT who was in
 Jw> "Three Amigos" with
 Jw> STEVE MARTIN who was in
 Jw> "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" with
 Jw> KEVIN BACON

Why not shorten to Kermit was in
"The Muppet Movie" with

STEVE MARTIN who was in
"Planes Trains, and Automobiles"

... Life's like a movie, write your own ending. -Kermit, The Muppet Movie.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe James Walkley Johnson 4/18/94 2:32 PM
fer...@acpub.duke.edu  writes:

        Gary Oldman was in
                ROMEO IS BLEEDING with
        Juliette Lewis who was in
                CAPE FEAR with
        Robert De Niro who was in
                GOODFELLAS with
        Joe Pesci who was in
                JFK with
        Kevin Bacon

           and

        Gary Oldman was in
                ROMEO IS BLEEDING with
        Annabella Sciorra who was in
                THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE with
        Rebecca DeMornay who was in
                RISKY BUISNESS with
        Tom Cruise who was in

                A FEW GOOD MEN with
        Kevin Bacon
                           Your Bacon Loving Friend
                                        ---- James Johnson

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe James Walkley Johnson 4/18/94 2:38 PM
Jaw...@Applelink.Apple.COM  writes:

> Trick question: How about John Belushi?

        Can't Trick Me!!

        John Belushi was in
                ANIMAL HOUSE with
        Kevin Bacon.

                        ----James Johnson

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jesper Lauridsen 4/18/94 3:01 PM
er...@astro.as.utexas.edu (Erik Gregersen) writes:

>In article <2okt4q$o...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>,
>Erik Gregersen <er...@astro.as.utexas.edu> wrote:
>>Jane (Jean?) March was in The Lover with
>>Jeanne Moreau who was in The Trial with
>>Romy Schneider who was in Deathwatch with
>>Harvey Keitel who was in Mortal Thoughts with
>>Demi Moore who was in A Few Good Men with
>>Kevin Bacon

>Gong Li was in Farewell My Concubine with

>Leslie Cheung who was in The Bride with White Hair (a great movie, BTW) with
>Brigette (sp?) Lin who was in Dragon Inn with
>Tony Leung who was in the Lover with Jane March

That was 8, wasn't it? You could try a more eastern link:

Gong Li -> Farewell My Concubine ->
Leslie Cheung -> Once a Thief ->
Chow Yun Fat -> Hardboiled ->
Anthony Wong -> Kindergarten Cop ->
Tom Kurlander -> Flatliners ->
you know who

That's 5 - beat that.

>My bacon number is whatever Ronald Reagan's is plus two, which is either
>five or six.

Actually, old Ronnie-boy is down to 2 (hint: An Angel from Texas).

P.S. When I count KB numbers I count the numer of movies.
--
Jesper Lauridsen        | Je ne suis pas un voyou
rors...@daimi.aau.dk   | Je suis Monsieur Hire

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Karen Cook 4/18/94 8:43 PM
>Try this these:   Alfred Molina (Hope you know who he is), Eric Stoltz

>-Micah
>
>--
>Micah A. Williams
>mawi...@eos.ncsu.edu                       (NCSU Project EOS)
>mawi...@tx.ncsu.edu                        (NCSU College of Textiles)
>ve...@garfield.catt.ncsu.edu                 (CATT Program)

Molina to Bacon in 3:

Alfred Molina was in
   NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER
with Sally Field, who was in
   STEEL MAGNOLIAS
with Julia Roberts, who was in
   FLATLINERS
with Our Kev.

Karen
--
Karen Cook   (ka...@asis.unimelb.edu.au)
ASIS, University of Melbourne, Australia

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Luca Vigano 4/19/94 4:28 AM

BUT !!!

Gary Oldman was both in JFK and CRIMINAL LAW with The Bacon

ciao.
luca.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jesper Lauridsen 4/19/94 6:58 AM
ka...@asis.unimelb.edu.au (Karen Cook) writes:

>Molina to Bacon in 3:

>Alfred Molina was in
>   NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER
>with Sally Field, who was in
>   STEEL MAGNOLIAS
>with Julia Roberts, who was in
>   FLATLINERS
>with Our Kev.

The same in 2:
Alfred Molina was in
  Ladyhawke
with Matthew Broderick, who was in
  She's Having a Baby
with the Bacon

You can't do that shorter (I'll bet).

--
Jesper Lauridsen        | Je ne suis pas un voyou
rors...@daimi.aau.dk   | Je suis Monsieur Hire

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Ken Kaufman 4/19/94 10:09 AM
In article <153724Z...@anon.penet.fi> an7...@anon.penet.fi writes:

>It works with non-actors, too.

>Bruce Springsteen was in NO NUKES with
>Jane Fonda who was in THE CHINA SYNDROME with
>Jack Lemmon who was in JFK with KB.

... and a whole slew of 60s musicians were in WOODSTOCK with
    Roger Daltry who was in TOMMY with Jack Nicholson
    who shared A FEW GOOD MEN with KB.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Stephen A Zimmerman 4/19/94 10:21 AM
Someone please find a connection, in 6 jumps or less, from
Shirley Temple to Kevin Bacon.
Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Daniel G. Pruitt 4/19/94 11:56 AM
Stephen A Zimmerman <ste...@flesh.WV.TEK.COM> wrote:
>Someone please find a connection, in 6 jumps or less, from
>Shirley Temple to Kevin Bacon.

You probably can get there through John Wayne (FORT APACHE).

Daniel
--
Daniel Pruitt              | "Sometimes I think that love is just a tumor,
pru...@zeppelin.convex.com |  You've got to cut it out."  --Elvis Costello

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Erica 4/19/94 5:36 PM
In article <1994Apr10.235941.22802@Virginia.EDU>, jwj2u@Virginia.EDU (James
Walkley Johnson) wrote:

> c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu  writes:
>

> > I'd be impressed if somebody could do it with an older actor. You
> > know, some one like, oh . . . Myrna Loy.
> >
> > Or an actor who hasn't done many films. Jane March, for instance.
> >
> > The worst would be an obscure older actor who only did one film. But
> > that's not in the spirit of the game, I guess. 8-)

This is as obscure as I could get...

Max Schreck  was in NOSFERATU  with
Gustav von Waggenheim who was in  WOMAN IN THE MOON  with
Fritz Rasp  who was in  DIARY OF A LOST GIRL  with
Louise Brooks  who was in  OVERLAND STAGE RAIDERS  with
John Wayne  who was in  DONOVAN'S REEF  with
Elizabeth Allen  who was in  FROM THE TERRACE  with
Paul Newman  who was in  THE COLOUR OF MONEY  with
Tom Cruise  who was in  A FEW GOOD MEN  with...
THE KEVSTER!!!!

Erica

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jesper Lauridsen 4/20/94 7:49 AM
ste...@pogo.wv.tek.com (Stephen A Zimmerman) writes:

>Someone please find a connection, in 6 jumps or less, from
>Shirley Temple to Kevin Bacon.

Shirley Temple
    Adventure in Baltimore
Robert Young
    Mercy or Murder? (TV)
Eddie Albert
    The Big Picture
The one and only KB

--
Jesper Lauridsen        | Je ne suis pas un voyou
rors...@daimi.aau.dk   | Je suis Monsieur Hire

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jesper Lauridsen 4/20/94 8:03 AM
ej_h...@postoffice.utas.edu.au (Erica) writes:

>> c...@gsbux1.uchicago.edu  writes:
>>

>> > I'd be impressed if somebody could do it with an older actor. You
>> > know, some one like, oh . . . Myrna Loy.

Have she been done? I have a link of 2 movies, but it would be silly
posting it if someone else have already done it.

>> > Or an actor who hasn't done many films. Jane March, for instance.
>> >
>> > The worst would be an obscure older actor who only did one film. But
>> > that's not in the spirit of the game, I guess. 8-)

I was surprised that I could do Cecilia Stark in only 3 (using the John Lurie/
Batman route).

>This is as obscure as I could get...

>Max Schreck was in NOSFERATU  with

Alexander Granach who was in "So Ends Our Night" with
Glenn Ford who was in "The Gift" with
THE KEVSTER!!!!

>Gustav von Waggenheim who was in  WOMAN IN THE MOON  with
>Fritz Rasp  who was in  DIARY OF A LOST GIRL  with
>Louise Brooks  who was in  OVERLAND STAGE RAIDERS  with
>John Wayne  who was in  DONOVAN'S REEF  with
>Elizabeth Allen  who was in  FROM THE TERRACE  with
>Paul Newman  who was in  THE COLOUR OF MONEY  with
>Tom Cruise  who was in  A FEW GOOD MEN  with...
>THE KEVSTER!!!!

Btw, John Wayne can be done in less than 4 links. He was in
Brannigan with a guy that was also in National Lampoon's Animal House
with our Kevin.

An easy quiz: who was that?

--
Jesper Lauridsen        | Je ne suis pas un voyou
rors...@daimi.aau.dk   | Je suis Monsieur Hire

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Ron Drake 4/20/94 4:07 PM

Miralia) wrote:

> Hey, I wonder how many degrees I am from the Kevin.
> Okay, so I met Gary Oldman (in my driveway filming Romeo is Bleeding.)
>
> (thanks to Leo G.)
> : Who was in DRACULA with Anthony Hopkins
> who was in REMAINS OF THE DAY with
> : Emma Thompson who was in MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING with
> : Denzel Washington who was in PHILADELPHIA with
> : Tom Hanks who was in BIG with
> : Elizabeth Perkins who was in HE SAID SHE SAID with
>
> The Kevin ...
>
> Hey...  I wonder if there's another way.  Lena Olin?  Juliette Lewis?
> Roy schieder?  Annabella Sciorra?  Hmmmm.
> fer...@acpub.duke.edu
>
> "And the license said you had to stick around until I was dead/ but if
> you're tired of looking at my face I guess I already am." Liz Phair

Annabella Sciorra was in JUNGLE FEVER with
Spike Lee who was in MALCOLM X with
Denzel Washington...etc.

Roy Scheider was in MARATHON MAN with
Dustin Hoffman who was in RAIN MAN with
Tom Cruise who was in A FEW GOOD MEN (man) with
The Bacon Man

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jesper Lauridsen 4/21/94 6:35 AM
Jawara@Apple.COM (Ron Drake) writes:

>> Hey...  I wonder if there's another way.  Lena Olin?  Juliette Lewis?
>> Roy schieder?  Annabella Sciorra?  Hmmmm.

>Annabella Sciorra was in JUNGLE FEVER with

>Spike Lee who was in MALCOLM X with
>Denzel Washington...etc.
[etc = 3 more links]

Annabella Sciorra
    Cadillac Man
Fran Drescher
    The Big Picture
Brother Kevin

(OK, the movies sucks, but it's a valid link anyway)

>Roy Scheider was in MARATHON MAN with
>Dustin Hoffman who was in RAIN MAN with
>Tom Cruise who was in A FEW GOOD MEN (man) with
>The Bacon Man

A good one, I can only cut a single link of it.

Roy Scheider
    2010
Bob Balaban
    End of the Line
Monsieur Bacon

The other two:

Lena Olin
    Enemies: A Love Story
Phil Leeds
    He Said, She Said
Le Kevin

Juliette Lewis
    Cape Fear
Joe Don Baker
    Criminal Law
Kevin 'Mad Dog' Bacon

--
Jesper Lauridsen        | Je ne suis pas un voyou
rors...@daimi.aau.dk   | Je suis Monsieur Hire

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe an7...@anon.penet.fi 4/21/94 11:23 AM

U2 were in U2 RATTLE AND HUM with
B. B. King who was in MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN with
Alice Cooper who was in THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION, PART II: THE
METAL YEARS with
Steve Tyler and Joe Perry who were in SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB
BAND with
Steve Martin who was in PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES with Kevin Bacon.

Certainly U2 must have the highest KB number of anyone who has been on
the cover of Premiere.

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to he...@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to ad...@anon.penet.fi.

KEVINATOR Jason W. Nyberg 4/22/94 8:09 AM
/Glenn Rubinstein  writes:
/> Madchen Amick was in SLEEPWALKERS
/> with Marc Hammill, who was in Empire Strikes Back with
/> Carrie Fisher, who was in Loverboy with
/> Kirstie Alley, who was in Sibling Rivalry with
/> Bill Pullman, who was in Malice with
/> Alec Baldwin, who was in Miami Blues with
/> Fred Ward, who was in Tremors with
/> KEVIN BACON
/>
/        SHORTCUT ALERT!!!
/
/                Madchen Amik was in SLEEPWALKERS
/                with Marc Hamill, who was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES
/BACK with
/                Carrie Fisher, who was in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
/with
/                Billy Crystal, who was in CITY SLICKERS with
/                Daniel Stern, who was in DINER with
/                Kevin Bacon

SHORTER SHORTCUT ALERT!!!

Madchen Amik was in SLEEPWALKERS
with Marc Hamill, who was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with
Carrie Fisher, who was in BLUES BROTHERS with
John Belushi, who was in ANIMAL HOUSE with
The Baconminster

--
Jason Nyberg
nyb...@ctron.com    -I'd rather be riding!-    My thoughts, my opinions.

"It's as finished as the victim of a brutal slashing..." - The Good Life

Kevin Bacon is the Ce Chuck Kahn 4/20/94 11:20 AM
= 04-10-94  01:25 =
 = From Phillip Alden Vega to All re: Re: Kevin Bacon is the Ce =

 PAV> Try this these:   Alfred Molina (Hope you know who he is), Eric
Stoltz

Alfred Molina:

Alfred Molina -> Karen Allen (RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK)
Karen Allen -> Kevin Bacon (ANIMAL HOUSE)

Eric Stoltz:

Eric Stoltz -> Randy Quaid (THE WILD LIFE)
Randy Quaid -> Tom Cruise (DAYS OF THUNDER)
Tom Cruise -> KB (A FEW GOOD MEN)

... e-mail: od...@io.org
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Kevin Bacon is the Ce Chuck Kahn 4/20/94 11:20 AM
= 04-10-94  00:16 =
 = From Leo Gonzalez to All re: Re: Kevin Bacon is the Ce =

 >How about:
 >Walter Matthau
 >
 >Steve

 LG> Walter Matthau was in GRUMPY OLD MEN with
 LG> Jack Lemmon who was in THE CHINA SYNDROME with
 LG> Michael Douglas who was in WALL STREET with
 LG> Charlie Sheen who was in YOUNG GUNS with
 LG> Kiefer Sutherland who was in FLATLINERS with
 LG> . . . Kevin Bacon

 LG> Leo Gonzalez

They're a bit closer than that.

Walter Matthau -> Kevin Bacon (JFK)

Jack Lemmon was in JFK, too.

... e-mail: od...@io.org
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Kevin Bacon is the Ce Chuck Kahn 4/20/94 11:20 AM
= 04-10-94  00:27 =

 = From Leo Gonzalez to All re: Re: Kevin Bacon is the Ce =

 LG> Clint Eastwood was in UNFORGIVEN with
 LG> Morgan Freeman who was in GLORY with
 LG> Denzel Washington who was in PELICAN BRIEF with
 LG> Julia Roberts who was in FLATLINERS with
 LG> TA DA . . . Kevin Bacon

Clint Eastwood -> John Vernon (DIRTY HARRY)
John Vernon -> Kevin Bacon (ANIMAL HOUSE)

 LG> Bronson's a toughie

Charles Bronson -> Donald Sutherland (THE DIRTY DOZEN)
Donald Sutherland -> Kevin Bacon (JFK)

Elvis Presley:

Elvis Presley -> Ann-Margret (VIVA LAS VEGAS)
Ann-Margret -> Walter Matthau (GRUMPY OLD MEN)

Walter Matthau -> Kevin Bacon (JFK)

... e-mail: od...@io.org
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Univ Anthony Horan 4/25/94 9:47 AM
In article <Co20B...@noose.ecn.purdue.edu>, Matt Brockman writes:

> bene...@wrath.ugcs.caltech.edu (MICHAEL BENEDETTI) writes:
> >BTW, can anybody do a KB link for Prince or The Beatles?

Okay, off the top of my head (no database required, just as well as I'm still
trying to make space for the 4Mb+ actors list :-)

PRINCE was in "Under The Cherry Moon" with
KRISTEN SCOTT THOMAS who was in "Bitter Moon" with
EMMANUELLE SEIGNER who was in "Frantic" with
HARRISON FORD who was in "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" with
KAREN ALLEN who was in "National Lampoon's Animal House" with...
our friend and mentor Kevin Bacon.

I just got out of my next turn washing the dishes by doing that! :-)
Not that I'm encouraging BaconBetting or anything...

      Anthony Horan, Melbourne Australia  -  ant...@xymox.apana.org.au
      "All told, Under The Pink is small but likeably formed; ideal for
                           those herbal-tea moments."
- Caroline Sullivan of The Guardian reviewing the new "Victoria Amos" album.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Anthony Horan 4/25/94 10:33 AM
In article <1994041001...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>, Leo Gonzalez writes:

> >Anyway, Eric Stoltz is easy.  He was in SINGLES with Kyra Sedgwick, The
> >Man's wife.
>
> I don't think Eric Stoltz was in SINGLES.  You might be thinking of
> Campbell Scott or that guy from "thirtysomething" who appeared in the
> film but whose name escapes me at the moment.  Peter Horton??

Eric Stoltz was indeed in "Singles" - he's the mime! It's not a cameo, as
he's in the credits.

And for those who are aftre an actual filmic connection between Mr and Mrs
Bacon, they were in PYRATES together.

Ah, this thread's the best fun I've had on r.a.m. in my entire Usenet life.
:-)

      Anthony Horan, Melbourne Australia  -  ant...@xymox.apana.org.au
      "All told, Under The Pink is small but likeably formed; ideal for
                           those herbal-tea moments."
- Caroline Sullivan of The Guardian reviewing the new "Victoria Amos" album.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Anthony Horan 4/25/94 10:28 AM
In article <1994041000...@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>, Leo Gonzalez writes:

> A supposed near stumper from UVa was George C. Scott.
>
> George C. Scott was in DOCTOR STRANGELOVE with
> James Earl Jones who was in PATRIOT GAMES with
> Harrison Ford who was in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE with
> Sean Connery who was in NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN with
> Kim Basinger who was in BLIND DATE with
> Bruce Willis who was in HUDSON HAWK with
> Danny Aiello who was DO THE RIGHT THING with
> Spike Lee who was in MO' BETTER BLUES with
> Denzel Washington who was in GLORY with
> Matthew Broderick who was in THE FRESHMAN with
> Penelope Anne Miller who was in AWAKENINGS with
> Robert DeNiro who was in RAGING BULL with
> Cathy Moriarty who was in SOAPDISH with
> Kevin Kline who was in SILVERADO with
> Kevin Costner who was in BULL DURHAM with
> Tim Robbins who was in THE PLAYER with
> Fred Ward who was in TREMORS with (drumroll please)
> Kevin Bacon

Too long! :-) Research from my admittedly long-winded (at a Bacon Factor of 6)
Prince-to-Bacon posting shows that you can edit your listing massively.

George C. Scott was in DOCTOR STRANGELOVE with
James Earl Jones who was in PATRIOT GAMES with
Harrison Ford who was in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK with
Karen Allen who was in NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE with
Kevin Bacon!

:-)

      Anthony Horan, Melbourne Australia  -  ant...@xymox.apana.org.au
      "All told, Under The Pink is small but likeably formed; ideal for
                           those herbal-tea moments."
- Caroline Sullivan of The Guardian reviewing the new "Victoria Amos" album.

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Jim Ortlieb 4/25/94 3:07 PM
In article <2J4Iu*z...@xymox.apana.org.au> ant...@xymox.apana.org.au (Anthony Horan) writes:

>Too long! :-) Research from my admittedly long-winded (at a Bacon Factor of 6)
>Prince-to-Bacon posting shows that you can edit your listing massively.
>
>George C. Scott was in DOCTOR STRANGELOVE with
>James Earl Jones who was in PATRIOT GAMES with
>Harrison Ford who was in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK with
>Karen Allen who was in NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE with
>Kevin Bacon!

You could've used James Earl Jones -> Kevin Costner (Field of Dreams)
Then, to KB through JFK.

Still too long though...

George Scott was in TAPS with
Tom Cruise who was in A FEW GOOD MEN with
ummm.... what's-his-face.

(Could someone verify the TAPS reference?  I thought so... either way,
you could use C. Thomas Howell in there to get to Cruise through THE
OUTSIDERS, which is just as fast as the DOCTOR STRANGELOVE -> FIELD OF
DREAMS route.)

Jim
--- Jim Ortlieb          -- aka... Head Junkie of the CrackHouse
or...@midway.uchicago.edu --     and sometimes 1/2 of Amber...

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe LIZ 4/26/94 5:11 PM
In article <3O4Iu*F...@xymox.apana.org.au> ant...@xymox.apana.org.au (Anthony Horan) writes:

>And for those who are aftre an actual filmic connection between Mr and Mrs
>Bacon, they were in PYRATES together.

They were also in a PBS play called Under the Lemon Sky or something like that.
That's how they met.
Liz

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Stefan Kahrs 5/1/94 11:09 AM
In article <051302Z...@anon.penet.fi> an7...@anon.penet.fi writes:

%    A few links for people that have been suggested. Some have been done
%    before in different ways, but I'm trying to take the shortest routes.

Most of them are still too long, try the Bacon server.

%    Charlie Chaplin was in LIMELIGHT with
%    Claire Bloom who was in CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS with
%    Anjelica Huston who was in THE PLAYER with
%    Julia Roberts who was in FLATLINERS with
%    Kevin Bacon.

Chaplin was in MONSIEUR VERDOUX with
Isobel Elson who was in EAGLE SQUADRON with
Eddie Albert who was in THE BIG PICTURE with
KB

%    Marilyn Monroe was in SOME LIKE IT HOT with
%    Jack Lemmon who was in JFK with
%    Kevin Bacon.

Yup.

%    Groucho Marx was in LOVE HAPPY with
%    Marilyn Monroe ... (see above)

1 shorter:

Groucho was in SKIDOO with
Austin Pendleton who was in STARING OVER with
KB

%    Harold Lloyd was in THE SIN OF HAROLD DIDDLEBROCK with
%    Lionel Stander who was in THE BLACK BIRD with
%    George Segal who was in STICK with
%    Burt Reynolds who was in STARTING OVER with KB.

2 shorter:

Harol Lloyd was in THE KID BROTHER with
Caitlin Clarke who was in THE BIG PICTURE with
KB

%    Eric Bogosian was in TALK RADIO with
%    Alec Baldwin who was in SHE'S HAVING A BABY with KB.

Yup.

%    Lillian Gish was in THE WHALES OF AUGUST with
%    Vincent Price who was in EDWARD SCISSORHANDS with
%    Dianne Wiest who was in FOOTLOOSE with KB.

Lillian Gish was in SWEET LIBERTIES with
Richard Whiting who was in STARTING OVER with
KB

%    Adrienne Shelly was in HEXED with
%    Arye Gross who was in THE EXPERTS with
%    John Travolta who was in GREASE with
%    Stockard Channing who was in SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION with
%    Donald Sutherland who was in JFK with KB.

Adrienne Shelly was in HEXED with
Randy Means who was in JFK with
KB

%    Is there anyone in the film industry who can't be linked with Kevin Bacon
%    in less than 10 links?

Not the connected actors, 8 is the record (Aleksei Batalov).

BTW The prolofic John Carradine has on average shorter connections
then KB.  The longest is again with A.Batalov, the only one of length 7.

I'm pretty sure the connection to Batalov could be shortened somehow
to 7 (for Bacon) and to 6 (for Carradine).
--
Stefan Kahrs

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe BeakerTwo 6/9/94 11:53 AM
Special Singers Edition

Madonna
w/Joe Mantegna in BODY OF EVIDENCE
w/KB in QUEENS LOGIC.

Frank Sinatra
w/Burt Reynolds in CANNONBALL RUN II
w/Clint Eastwood in CITY HEAT
w/Kevin Costner in A PERFECT WORLD
w/KB in JFK.

Neil Diamond
w/Laurence Olivier in THE JAZZ SINGER
w/Dustin Hoffmann in MARATHON MAN
w/Geena Davis in HERO
w/Susan Sarandon in THELMA & LOUISE
w/Kevin Costner in BULL DURHAM
w/KB in JFK.

Bette Midler
w/Danny DeVito in RUTHLESS PEOPLE
w/Kathleen Turner in ROMANCING THE STONE
w/Steve Martin in THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS
w/KB in Planes, Trains, and Autos.

Simon & Garfunkel

Paul Simon
w/Diane Keaton in ANNIE HALL
w/Steve Martin in FATHER OF THE BRIDE
w/KB in Planes, etc.

Art Garfunkel
w/Jack Nicholson in CARNAL KNOWLEDGE
w/KB in A Rob Reiner Film.

John Cougar Mellencamp
w/Mariel Hemingway in FALLING FROM GRACE
w/Eric Roberts in STAR 80
w/Kim Basinger in FINAL ANALYSIS
w/Jack Nicholson in BATMAN
w/KB in etc.

Clint Black
w/James Garner in MAVERICK
w/Sally Field in MURPHY'S ROMANCE
w/John Malkovich in PLACES IN THE HEART
w/KB in QUEENS LOGIC.

Eddie Vedder
w/Kyra Sedgwick in SINGLES
w/KB in PYRATES.

David Byrne
w/John Goodman in TRUE STORIES
w/Elizabeth Perkins in THE FLINTSTONES
w/KB in SHE'S HAVING A BABY.

Anybody for Jerry Lee Lewis?

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Stefan Kahrs 6/10/94 6:42 AM
I know, it is unfair, but with computer help I can improve
on Beaker Two's results:

(BeakerTwo) writes:

>   Special Singers Edition
>
>   Madonna
>   w/Joe Mantegna in BODY OF EVIDENCE
>   w/KB in QUEENS LOGIC.
>
>   Frank Sinatra
>   w/Burt Reynolds in CANNONBALL RUN II
>   w/Clint Eastwood in CITY HEAT
>   w/Kevin Costner in A PERFECT WORLD
>   w/KB in JFK.

2 shorter: B. Reynolds was in JFK with KB.

>   Neil Diamond
>   w/Laurence Olivier in THE JAZZ SINGER
>   w/Dustin Hoffmann in MARATHON MAN
>   w/Geena Davis in HERO
>   w/Susan Sarandon in THELMA & LOUISE
>   w/Kevin Costner in BULL DURHAM
>   w/KB in JFK.

3 shorter:
Neil Diamond
        THE LAST WALTZ
Ringo Starr
        CANDY
Walther Matthau
        JFK
KB

>   Bette Midler
>   w/Danny DeVito in RUTHLESS PEOPLE
>   w/Kathleen Turner in ROMANCING THE STONE
>   w/Steve Martin in THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS
>   w/KB in Planes, Trains, and Autos.

Bette Midler
        STELLA
Marsha Mason
        ONLY WHEN I LAUGH
KB

>   Simon & Garfunkel
>
>   Paul Simon
>   w/Diane Keaton in ANNIE HALL
>   w/Steve Martin in FATHER OF THE BRIDE
>   w/KB in Planes, etc.

Paul Simon
        ONE TRICK PONY
Daniel Stern
        STARTING OVER
KB

>   Art Garfunkel
>   w/Jack Nicholson in CARNAL KNOWLEDGE
>   w/KB in A Rob Reiner Film.
>
>   John Cougar Mellencamp
>   w/Mariel Hemingway in FALLING FROM GRACE
>   w/Eric Roberts in STAR 80
>   w/Kim Basinger in FINAL ANALYSIS
>   w/Jack Nicholson in BATMAN
>   w/KB in etc.

John Cougar Mellencamp
        FALLING FROM GRACE
Deirdre O'Connel
        ANNA
Sally Kirkland
        JFK
KB

>   Clint Black
>   w/James Garner in MAVERICK
>   w/Sally Field in MURPHY'S ROMANCE
>   w/John Malkovich in PLACES IN THE HEART
>   w/KB in QUEENS LOGIC.

Clint Black
        MAVERICK
James Garner
        SKIN GAME
Edward Asner
        JFK
KB

>   Eddie Vedder
>   w/Kyra Sedgwick in SINGLES
>   w/KB in PYRATES.
>
>   David Byrne
>   w/John Goodman in TRUE STORIES
>   w/Elizabeth Perkins in THE FLINTSTONES
>   w/KB in SHE'S HAVING A BABY.
>
>   Anybody for Jerry Lee Lewis?

Jerry Lee Lewis
        AMERICAN HOT WAX
Fran Drescher
        THE BIG PICTURE
KB

A few more singers, all sorts of areas:

Elvis Presley
        KING CREOLE
Walther Matthau
        JFK
KB

Placido Domingo
        LA TRAVIATA
Robert Sommer
        HANNA K
Jill Clayburgh
        STARTING OVER
KB

Paul McCartney
        HELP!
Victor Spinetti
        START THE REVOLUTION WITHOUT ME
Donald Sutherland

        NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE
KB

Jimmy Cliff
        CLUB PARADISE
Bruce McGill
        END OF THE LINE
KB

Johnny Cash
        DOOR-TO-DOOR MANIAC
Vic Tayback
        ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN
Burt Reynolds
        STARTING OVER
KB

Annie Lennox
        REVOLUTION
Donald Sutherland
        JFK
KB

Mario Lanza
        BECAUSE YOU'RE MINE
Eduard Franz
        TWILIGHT ZONE - THE MOVIE
Alan Haufrect
        FOOTLOSE
KB

Juliet Greco
        THE SUN ALSO RISES
Eddie Albert
        THE BIG PICTURE
KB

Daliah Lavi
        LORD JIM
Paul Lukas
        TENDER IS THE NIGHT
Cesare Danova

        NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE
KB

--
Stefan Kahrs

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Betts Alexander R 6/10/94 6:46 AM
Here's another singer (maybe somebody posted this already):

Bono in U2 - RATTLE AND HUM with...
B.B. King in HEARTS AND SOULS with...
Kyra Sedgwick in PYRATES (or something) with...
Kevin Bacon

Alex

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe The Dominator 6/11/94 11:42 AM
In article <2t7oee$e...@search01.news.aol.com> beak...@aol.com (BeakerTwo) writes:

> Anybody for Jerry Lee Lewis?

The life story of Jerry Lee Lewis, 'Great Balls of Fire' starred

Winona Ryder, who was in Dracula with
Gary Oldman, who was in JFK with
Kevin Bacon.

Easy when you know how :)

Dominator
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
|  McClane The Dominator presents Dominic Robinson in his widescreen ratio   |
| The star of Police Stop 3 | GIFs on request :) | mcc...@sound.demon.co.uk |
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
|           "You stupid f**king c*nt ! You STUPID f**king c*nt !"            |
| - Al Pacino vents his spleen at Kevin Spacey, "Glengarry Glen Ross", 1992. |
!****************************************************************************!

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Damian Penny 6/14/94 3:31 AM
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
w/VANILLA ICE in TMNT 2: the Secret of the Ooze
w/MICHAEL GROSS in Cool as Ice
w/KB in Tremors

(I'm not sure if that's the same Michael Gross, but who thought you could
go from the Ninja Turtles to KB?)
--
D  A  M  I  A  N    P  E  N  N  Y
                -----dpenny@ganymede.cs.mun.ca-----

Kevin Bacon is the Center of the Universe Stefan Kahrs 6/17/94 3:41 AM
(Damian Penny) writes:

>   The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
>   w/VANILLA ICE in TMNT 2: the Secret of the Ooze
>   w/MICHAEL GROSS in Cool as Ice
>   w/KB in Tremors
>
>   (I'm not sure if that's the same Michael Gross, but who thought you could
>   go from the Ninja Turtles to KB?)

1 shorter:

The Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles
        TMNT 2: the Secret of Ooze