Retrofit a USBtiny onto v1.1 board?

Showing 1-4 of 4 messages
Retrofit a USBtiny onto v1.1 board? cncook001 9/23/12 9:35 AM
Is it possible to retrofit a USBtiny chip onto a v1.1 board?  If so, what would I need to do?

If possible, could I then use the standard v1.8 firmware?

Thanks

Craig
Re: Retrofit a USBtiny onto v1.1 board? Rayshobby 9/23/12 11:35 AM
If you already have a USBtiny programmer (or any other ISP programmer), you can follow the instructions on the previous post:

If not, I suggest that you get this USB programmer from Rayshobby shop:
Re: Retrofit a USBtiny onto v1.1 board? cncook001 9/23/12 1:47 PM
So if I buy something like this:

USBtinyISP AVR Programmer Kit

and install a connector onto the v1.1 board does that mean I can update the firmware without removing the onboard IC chip?

Your version is cheaper, but it looks like I need to remove the chip, install in your board, update, then reinstall in v1.1?

Craig
Re: Retrofit a USBtiny onto v1.1 board? Rayshobby 9/23/12 1:53 PM
Sure, that works.

-Ray