rails Server

Showing 1-2 of 2 messages
rails Server adam 5/1/12 3:00 PM
Hey people

Ive just downloaded the Ruby installer and got everything installed
but when I use the "rails s" command it hangs up on:

INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=1516 port=3000

ive turned the fire wall off and it still does this.

Does any one have any idea whats going worng ?

Thanks
Adam
Re: rails Server Luis Lavena 5/1/12 5:29 PM
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM, adam <a.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey people
>
> Ive just downloaded the Ruby installer and got everything installed

Did you download "RubyInstaller" or "RailsInstaller"? both project are
different while the second shares the same interpreter.

> but when I use the "rails s" command it hangs up on:
>
> INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=1516 port=3000

That doesn't say too much, what you mean it "hangs"? You don't receive
a firewall warning? Have you tried visiting your browser to:

http://localhost:3000 ?

Does this happen with the same project included in RailsInstaller, or
your own project?

What were you expecting to happen?

> ive turned the fire wall off and it still does this.
>
> Does any one have any idea whats going worng ?

The more details we know the better we can help. We don't know
anything about your OS, the version of the installer that you used,
the complete output that you got in the console when executed the
command or that if attempt to access the browser worked.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17