Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad?

Showing 1-8 of 8 messages
Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad? Saulius Grigaitis 1/11/12 9:33 AM
Hello,

I enabled New Relic in our app, but it doesn't send any information to
New Relic. Logs show nothing about New Relic. I googled a bit and
seems New Relic should work with JRuby... Does anybody use it with
Trinidad? Any success? Or maybe there is some better way to monitor
Rails app on Trinidad server?

Thanks,
Saulius
Re: [Trinidad] Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad? Karl 1/11/12 9:37 AM
I have successfully used it in the past with jruby and trinidad.  Been about a year though.

> --
> Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "Rails Trinidad" de Grupos de Google.
> Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-t...@googlegroups.com.
> Para anular tu suscripción a este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-trinida...@googlegroups.com
> Para tener acceso a más opciones, visita el grupo en http://groups.google.com/group/rails-trinidad?hl=es.

Re: [Trinidad] Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad? Jason Bucki 1/11/12 9:38 AM
I've run into the same issue with Trinidad and New Relic. After spending a while trying to figure out the problem myself I contacted New Relic and they are aware of issues with their client library and Trinidad. Sounds like it is pretty hit-or-miss and they don't seem to know the root cause of the incompatibility. I'll be spending some time working with them to get this resolved later this week. Will keep you updated on the progress. Please reply back to this thread if you end up getting the issue resolved as it will surely save me some time later this week.

- Jason Bucki

> --
> Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "Rails Trinidad" de Grupos de Google.
> Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-t...@googlegroups.com (mailto:rails-t...@googlegroups.com).

> Para tener acceso a más opciones, visita el grupo en http://groups.google.com/group/rails-trinidad?hl=es.

Re: [Trinidad] Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad? David Calavera 1/11/12 10:19 AM
I wasn't aware of any issues with New Relic. Jason, please if you need any help just let me know.

Cheers

Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-t...@googlegroups.com.

Para anular tu suscripción a este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-trinida...@googlegroups.com
Para tener acceso a más opciones, visita el grupo en http://groups.google.com/group/rails-trinidad?hl=es.

Re: [Trinidad] Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad? John D. Hume 1/13/12 5:43 AM
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Saulius Grigaitis <rev...@gmail.com>
wrote:> Hello,>> I enabled New Relic in our app, but it doesn't sendWe use NewRelic with Trinidad. As the engineer who implemented it recalls, ...

<quote>
I think all I did was create an initializer with the following 2 lines
(rewrelic.rb):

require 'newrelic_rpm'
NewRelic::Agent.manual_start({:dispatcher => :trinidad, :agent_enabled => true})

and the following in our gemfile:

gem 'newrelic_rpm', '3.3.0', :require => false
</quote>

Hope this helps.
-hume.

--
http://elhumidor.blogspot.com/
http://www.intentmedia.com/jobs

Re: [Trinidad] Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad? Saulius Grigaitis 1/13/12 9:39 AM
Hi,

it works!

Thanks,
Saulius

Re: [Trinidad] Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad? Nick Sieger 1/13/12 10:02 AM
Yep, I have this too.

https://github.com/nicksieger/redmine/blob/master/config/initializers/newrelic.rb

Is one of you following up with NewRelic to make sure this gets
resolved? If you could include me on that conversation, that would be
super.

Thanks,
/Nick

> --
> Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "Rails Trinidad" de Grupos de Google.
> Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-t...@googlegroups.com.
> Para anular tu suscripción a este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-trinida...@googlegroups.com
> Para tener acceso a más opciones, visita el grupo en http://groups.google.com/group/rails-trinidad?hl=es.

Re: [Trinidad] Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad? Jason Bucki 1/18/12 7:47 AM
Worked perfectly for me as well. I'll update NewRelic on my findings since I have a support ticket open with them already.

Nick, I will see if they can add you to the support ticket as well. Thanks for the help everyone!

- Jason